PDA

View Full Version : Economics Ron Paul is clearly the only one in Congress who 'gets' it.

teedubya
07-24-2011, 11:09 AM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sEP8cQF-QC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ISUJeff
07-24-2011, 12:23 PM
He just sealed up my vote

chiefforlife
07-24-2011, 12:26 PM
He is the only person that makes any sense at all. I dont know why he doesnt get more attention.

teedubya
07-24-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't agree with everything he does... but, I agree with him more than any politician that has ever been in office since I've been alive.

go bowe
07-24-2011, 01:00 PM
it's because of the clouds and radar control of our minds, isn't it?

CoMoChief
07-24-2011, 01:03 PM
He is the only person that makes any sense at all. I dont know why he doesnt get more attention.

because corporate media has their own agenda....and our congress has been bought and paid for, both parties dems and repubs....most people get their political news from these news outlets that are ran by these corporations like GE, newscorp etc. Notice how these scam artists go through loopholes to avoid paying taxes etc.

meanwhile this 2-party paradigm we live in just makes us divided as a whole, which leads to finger pointing, bickering, and in the end nothing gets accomplished. People in congress are worried about losing their votes and elections because they get paid an awful a lot of money to be in the positions they're in, and they're many perks with the job title that they have. Being a politician can be one of the biggest scams in the world. In the back rooms they make deals with corporate execs in return for legislation passed that benefits the execs....it's the common "i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine"

People need to wake up, and more people are doing so, but it's going to take drastic measures to really change America and bring it back to its core. Lawmakers and bankers have ****ed over this country to the point of no return I believe, and it's going to take a lot of sacrificing from some people that maybe can't afford to do so, so that our children's children and so on can prosper.

wazu
07-24-2011, 01:29 PM
He somehow is managing to look and sound sharper, and is better in interviews and public speaking, than I remember him being in 2008.

teedubya
07-24-2011, 02:07 PM
it's because of the clouds and radar control of our minds, isn't it?

Everything is fine, Go Bowe... America is exactly the way they tell you it is. Go back to sleep.

teedubya
07-24-2011, 02:08 PM
because corporate media has their own agenda....and our congress has been bought and paid for, both parties dems and repubs....most people get their political news from these news outlets that are ran by these corporations like GE, newscorp etc. Notice how these scam artists go through loopholes to avoid paying taxes etc.

meanwhile this 2-party paradigm we live in just makes us divided as a whole, which leads to finger pointing, bickering, and in the end nothing gets accomplished. People in congress are worried about losing their votes and elections because they get paid an awful a lot of money to be in the positions they're in, and they're many perks with the job title that they have. Being a politician can be one of the biggest scams in the world. In the back rooms they make deals with corporate execs in return for legislation passed that benefits the execs....it's the common "i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine"

People need to wake up, and more people are doing so, but it's going to take drastic measures to really change America and bring it back to its core. Lawmakers and bankers have ****ed over this country to the point of no return I believe, and it's going to take a lot of sacrificing from some people that maybe can't afford to do so, so that our children's children and so on can prosper.

Exactly... divide and conquer. Notice how they aren't offering to cut any military spending in this bill.

And how most of the top Fortune 500 companies pay NO taxes. It's obviously a corporatocracy, now.

Less about the people, more about the profits.

orange
07-24-2011, 02:17 PM

He gets all the attention in the world. But he is rejected because he doesn't 'get' it. When you command a whopping 3% over and over (and soon to be over again), you're marginal.

orange
07-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Notice how they aren't offering to cut any military spending in this bill.

Washington: The chairman of the House Armed Services Committee today rejected the Senate's Gang of Six budget plan, saying it cut far too much from the Pentagon's budget.

"Based on what we've read the proposal would result in $886 Billion in security cuts over 10 years. Due to a firewall in the proposal between security and domestic spending, nearly half of the discretionary savings in this proposal comes from security programs. The Department of Defense spending accounts for roughly 85% of security spending," Rep. Buck McKeon wrote in a July 20 memo to Republican members of his committee.

McKeon, who has made clear since becoming chairman that he will oppose most significant cuts to the defense budget, noted that, "defense has already shrunk $439 billion over 10 years. In its current form, I cannot support the Gang of Six proposal."

http://defense.aol.com/2011/07/20/hasc-chair-rejects-gang-of-six-budget-proposal-cuts/

Sorry about that noise. Go back to sleep.

go bowe
07-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Washington: The chairman of the House Armed Services Committee today rejected the Senate's Gang of Six budget plan, saying it cut far too much from the Pentagon's budget.

"Based on what we've read the proposal would result in $886 Billion in security cuts over 10 years. Due to a firewall in the proposal between security and domestic spending, nearly half of the discretionary savings in this proposal comes from security programs. The Department of Defense spending accounts for roughly 85% of security spending," Rep. Buck McKeon wrote in a July 20 memo to Republican members of his committee.

McKeon, who has made clear since becoming chairman that he will oppose most significant cuts to the defense budget, noted that, "defense has already shrunk $439 billion over 10 years. In its current form, I cannot support the Gang of Six proposal."

http://defense.aol.com/2011/07/20/hasc-chair-rejects-gang-of-six-budget-proposal-cuts/

Sorry about that noise. Go back to sleep.

uh oh, you're gonna get a nasty neg rep for that, and you DESERVE it...

Donger
07-24-2011, 03:50 PM
He's a nut and the other nuts are attracted to him. That isn't exactly a surprise.

Donger
07-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Okay, just for fun, I watched that entire video.

He didn't say really have a coherent argument, did he?

teedubya
07-24-2011, 04:00 PM
The MSM is finally giving Ron Paul some credit, as well.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mzMj6862o8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

go bowe
07-24-2011, 04:07 PM
i figured if you had watched it, it's something that i should watch...

i was wrong...

teedubya
07-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Not a huge sample size, but you RARELY see them give Ron Paul love on FOX.

BucEyedPea
07-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Not a huge sample size, but you RARELY see them give Ron Paul love on FOX.

True, they've even removed him from poll listings even when he's ahead of other Rs which they do name.

go bowe
07-24-2011, 04:15 PM
True, they've even removed him from poll listings even when he's ahead of other Rs which they do name.

which polls would that be, ms. pea?