PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama not coming out well with his Debt management efforts

HonestChieffan
07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Sunday, July 24, 2011

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/july_2011/obama_approval_index_july_24_2011/492036-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_july_24_2011.jpg

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 23% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -21 (see trends).

Thatís the highest level of Strong Disapproval since last November.

Overall, 45% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. Fifty-four percent (54%) at least somewhat disapprove.

Most voters fear than any deal on the debt ceiling debate will raise taxes too much and cut spending too little. As the negotiations continue, most also are unhappy with both the Republicans and the Democrats in Washington.

An early look at Election 2012 shows the president locked in a tight race with Republican hopeful Mitt Romney, itís Romney 43% Obama 42%. Obama enjoys a very modest advantage over Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry. Ron Paul is also close. Against every single Republican tested, the president earns between 41% and 49% of the vote. A Generic Republican candidate leads the president by six points.

patteeu
07-24-2011, 03:13 PM
It's hard to understand how nearly 25% can still strongly support this guy.

go bowe
07-24-2011, 03:16 PM
depends on what you mean by support?

you don't see me touting his accomplishments...

what i want is a viable alternative to vote for or i'll have to hold my nose and vote for the big o again...

FD
07-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Nobody has come out well in this.

Thatguy
07-24-2011, 04:30 PM
I see your copy and paste skills are still awesome HonestChiefsfan. Tell me, do you ever find fault with the GOP ? Or are you , what you appear to be....a right wing zombie who cant /wont think for himself.

KCWolfman
07-24-2011, 04:32 PM
I see your copy and paste skills are still awesome HonestChiefsfan. Tell me, do you ever find fault with the GOP ? Or are you , what you appear to be....a right wing zombie who cant /wont think for himself.

Out of curiosity, where do you stand? Do you believe the POTUS has been successful? Do you believe he has done what he promised?

banyon
07-24-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/behind-the-numbers/StandingArt/ObGOPapproval072011.jpg?uuid=MFBlwLMFEeCyjt0GTwV02w

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/behind-the-numbers/post/poll-obama-and-gop-low-approval-on-economy-deficit-and-taxes/2011/07/12/gIQAjWOJQI_blog.html

Pretty crappy all around.

Thatguy
07-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Out of curiosity, where do you stand? Do you believe the POTUS has been successful? Do you believe he has done what he promised?

I think he has done as a good as a guy could, who was handed the keys to a sinking ship. I think that its ridiculous for the republicans who supported Bush for 8 years, while Bush ran our country , and the worlds economy to the ground, to now complain. I want to know where was the Tea Bagger movement in 2008? Why did they start to get vocal only weeks after Obama was sworn in ? I think the GOP from day one has nothing but contempt towards the President , in now way wanting to work with him.

KCWolfman
07-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I think he has done as a good as a guy could, who was handed the keys to a sinking ship. I think that its ridiculous for the republicans who supported Bush for 8 years, while Bush ran our country , and the worlds economy to the ground, to now complain. I want to know where was the Tea Bagger movement in 2008? Why did they start to get vocal only weeks after Obama was sworn in ? I think the GOP from day one has nothing but contempt towards the President , in now way wanting to work with him.

Okay, we are getting somewhere.

I disagree with a couple of points and I want to point out what I see to be a hypocritical stance from you.

GWB was in control for 6 years, not 8. The Democrats have had control for 4 years. President Obama has had control only for 2 of those 4 years. So let's be square - The Reps screwed it up for 6 years, the Dems have for 4 years.

Now you state that President Obama has had an uphill climb for 2 years and it is too big a mess for him to fix in such a short time. Yet you complain that the Republican House who has been in control for a few scant months are at fault for the debt ceiling. Isn't the debt ceiling issue strictly the fault of President Obama and the Dems? Didn't they fail to pass a budget for two solid years while they increased spending in 2 years to a level greater than the entire 8 years GWB was in office?

Recap - It is the Republicans fault that President Obama can't fix an 8 year issue in 2 years. It is also the Republicans fault that they cannot fix the debt issue created by the Democrats over the course of 4 years within a 7 month time frame. See how that looks hypocritical?

I believe that President Obama wants to succeed and wants the best, but I think his attempts are juvenile and his plan is horribly failed from the start. I think he is a tool by the Democrat machine and he doesn't even realize he is.

HonestChieffan
07-24-2011, 05:55 PM

We zombies are non party affiliated. When we come back, you will learn some respect for zombies.

Per finding fault with the GOP, yes. I have, I do, and I will.

CoMoChief
07-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Okay, we are getting somewhere.

I disagree with a couple of points and I want to point out what I see to be a hypocritical stance from you.

GWB was in control for 6 years, not 8. The Democrats have had control for 4 years. President Obama has had control only for 2 of those 4 years. So let's be square - The Reps screwed it up for 6 years, the Dems have for 4 years.

Now you state that President Obama has had an uphill climb for 2 years and it is too big a mess for him to fix in such a short time. Yet you complain that the Republican House who has been in control for a few scant months are at fault for the debt ceiling. Isn't the debt ceiling issue strictly the fault of President Obama and the Dems? Didn't they fail to pass a budget for two solid years while they increased spending in 2 years to a level greater than the entire 8 years GWB was in office?

Recap - It is the Republicans fault that President Obama can't fix an 8 year issue in 2 years. It is also the Republicans fault that they cannot fix the debt issue created by the Democrats over the course of 4 years within a 7 month time frame. See how that looks hypocritical?

I believe that President Obama wants to succeed and wants the best, but I think his attempts are juvenile and his plan is horribly failed from the start. I think he is a tool by the Democrat machine and he doesn't even realize he is.

oh he realizes it....partially the reason why he's such an arrogant fuck.

patteeu
07-25-2011, 06:55 AM

What sinking ship?

InChiefsHell
07-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Before the Tea Party got the name, there were protests which started while Bush was still in office. It was a Glenn Beck thing. They railed against taxes and government over spending DURING the Bush years. I was a member of a local chapter here, though for the life of me I can't remember what they called it. I want to say it was the Tea Party, but it might have been another name. Later, it seems that the 9-12 people in our area went to the Tea Party. I stay informed, but I'm not active in it. The point of my reply is that Conservatives have been upset about government over spending since well before Obama took office. The Tea Party got loud after the "stimulus" spending bill. But I remember a LOT of vocal protestation over Bush's TARP deal at the end of his presidency. Also, if you remember how the Tea Party was laughed at and poo-poo'd by the establishment media, I guarantee you they were bigger earlier on than you probably ever knew.