PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues the new silent majority

go bowe
07-24-2011, 08:59 PM
[Excerpt:]This is America's silent majority, and they are underrepresented in American political life. Polls released over the past few days bear that out. Eighty percent of respondents to a Washington Post/ABC News survey reported they are "dissatisfied" or "angry" about the way the federal government is working.

Along those same lines, a USA Today/Gallup Poll found that at least two-thirds of those surveyed said members of Congress from both parties gave priority to their political interests above the country's best interests.

So what's the solution? Above all, Washington needs to figure out a way to free itself from the grip of the political extremes. And the best way to do that is to make sure America's silent majority is heard. (more in link)

it would seem the silent majority wants an end to political extremes on both sides...

and if i'm not mistaken most polls show that the majority wants a deal and that default would have bad consequences for the country...

actually, i thought the article was a good read and i highly recommend it...

petegz28
07-24-2011, 09:13 PM
I think the article is spot on. I think most people do want a deal. However, I think most people want someone else's taxes raised, not theirs. I think most people want spending cuts on programs they do not benefit from.

Overall, I think people are tired of politicans on a 24/7 campaign. Ironically Pelosi took off today to go to a fundraiser. And I think the President is in full campaign mode spouting off the same BS he did in 08.

The bottom line is people are tired of DC and the crap going on. They want shit done and done right and done without over-spending. The problem is the politicos benefit more by not doing anything because it provides them with a larger pallet to for them to campaign on.

HonestChieffan
07-24-2011, 09:41 PM
I think we saw these people speak last November. And they will speak again with Obama's help keeping them motivated.

dirk digler
07-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I think we saw these people speak last November. And they will speak again with Obama's help keeping them motivated.

You are right they spoke, a lot of the polls after the election pointed to the American people wanted compromise. That is why the Dems retained the Senate and they didn't want crazy people representing them.

Which is exactly what they are wanting now...fair compromise.

The Reps are making the same mistake the Dems made by thinking they have a mandate. They don't and if they keep going on like they are they will get the boot.

And for Pete the entire Republican caucus in the House took the entire weekend off to go campaign. I am curious why you aren't bitching about that.

HonestChieffan
07-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Who in the house is involved in a campaign?

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:07 PM

Precisely:thumb: They are called "We The People" a la Tea Party and they want the Repubs to hold strong.

ABC/Washington Post? C'MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! These polls are being manufactured at breakneck speeds by the Marxist Media in order to get the Repubs to cave in and throw O'Marxist a lifeline. But I'm telling ya "O" doesn't want a deal just yet, he wants a default first so then he can change the narrative going into 2012:thumb:

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:10 PM

Same here. Who in the hell did that ?:hmmm:

dirk digler
07-24-2011, 10:13 PM

:spock:

How about all of them?

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 10:17 PM
The "Real True Silent Majority" (a la Tea Party people and God-fearing Real Americans (a la me and the people I agree with (a la people who are shunned by modern society because (a la they are put in institutions)))) know that the true issue (a la the one not being told by the Marxist Media) is The "Birth Certificate" (a la the second fake one) and that the Debt issue is just a political ploy being used by the Obama camp (a la Marxist Media) to distract people (the Sheep (a la Marxists enablers)). The Alinskinyzing is rampant.

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Precisely:thumb: They are called "We The People" a la Tea Party and they want the Repubs to hold strong.

ABC/Washington Post? C'MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! These polls are being manufactured at breakneck speeds by the Marxist Media in order to get the Repubs to cave in and throw O'Marxist a lifeline. But I'm telling ya "O" doesn't want a deal just yet, he wants a default first so then he can change the narrative going into 2012:thumb:

You do not represent the views of the majority of Americans. The majority of Americans think you're an idiot.

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:27 PM
The "Real True Silent Majority" (a la Tea Party people and God-fearing Real Americans (a la me and the people I agree with (a la people who are shunned by modern society because (a la they are put in institutions)))) know that the true issue (a la the one not being told by the Marxist Media) is The "Birth Certificate" (a la the second fake one) and that the Debt issue is just a political ploy being used by the Obama camp (a la Marxist Media) to distract people (the Sheep (a la Marxists enablers)). The Alinskinyzing is rampant.

You can't even effectively "Alinskyize" me :LOL: It's obvious you haven't read "RFR" yet.;)

But it's nice to see you follow my posts:thumb:

go bowe
07-24-2011, 10:32 PM

heh, sarcasm is another talent the young man has to offer... :) :) :)

go bowe
07-24-2011, 10:33 PM
You can't even effectively "Alinskyize" me :LOL: It's obvious you haven't read "RFR" yet.;)

i'm pretty sure i'll regret asking but what is rfr?

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 10:34 PM

Yes, I follow them, if you could call it that. Really, once you've seen one sportsshrink post, you've seen them all. You're a one-trick pony.

dirk digler
07-24-2011, 10:34 PM
I think a mod should change ss name to Alinskyize

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:36 PM
You do not represent the views of the majority of Americans. The majority of Americans think you're an idiot.

Oh Jenson my friend, your denial is beginning to crack. It's ok buddy we are all here to help you adjust to political reality in a safe place.

I know of a great support group in your area you can attend called "Anarchists Anonymous". "Hello my name is Jenson71 and I am a recovering "Anarchist". And the great thing is you can still hide behind the abbreviation of the group. Yeah I go to AA and they would never know.LMAO

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Really, once you've seen one sportsshrink post, you've seen them all. You're a one-trick pony.

Right back at ya buddy;)

Nothing personal you do understand:shrug:

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh Jenson my friend, your denial is beginning to crack. It's ok buddy we are all here to help you adjust to political reality in a safe place.

I know of a great support group in your area you can attend called "Anarchists Anonymous". "Hello my name is Jenson71 and I am a recovering "Anarchist". And the great thing is you can still hide behind the abbreviation of the group. Yeah I go to AA and they would never know.LMAO

Oh, you do comedy, too? I thought you just did extremist right-wing conspiracy propaganda. Link me to your other funny posts!!

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Right back at ya buddy;)

Nothing personal you do understand:shrug:

I meant mine to be personal. You're an idiot and the majority of Americans would say so.

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:40 PM

Go my man, you are dissing your main man and don't know it. But if you really want to know the playbook of your party then read "Rules for Radicals" by Saul Alinsky.

dirk digler
07-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Oh, you do comedy, too? I thought you just did extremist right-wing conspiracy propaganda. Link me to your other funny posts!!

Every birther thread he has started is comedy gold. I laughed every time I read one thinking SS was an idiot but funny. Didn't you?

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Every birther thread he has started is comedy gold. I laughed every time I read one thinking SS was an idiot but funny. Didn't you?

They were so often links to 25 minute radio show segments featuring extremist right-wing fringe radio hosts. I gave up on them soon.

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 10:46 PM
It always takes sportsshrink about a half hour to post three sentences. I wonder if that's because his internet connection is slow, or if it's because he can't remember where the keys are on his board. I'm thinking the latter.

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:52 PM

Oh yes I do have a sense of humor and I should use it more but it is kind of hard to be funny all the time when "Marxist minions" such as yourself who see the "Declaration of Independence","The Bill of Rights", "The Constitution" and the "Holy Bible" as extremist right-wing propaganda that enslaves America which needs to eliminated at all costs.

You know the "transformation of America" and the "negative liberties of the Constitution"(oxymoron btw) that O'Marxist talks about.

And I know you still don't get my point right?? But why should you?

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:54 PM
It always takes sportsshrink about a half hour to post three sentences. I wonder if that's because his internet connection is slow, or if it's because he can't remember where the keys are on his board. I'm thinking the latter.

I have a life outside this board unlike you it appears:thumb:

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:55 PM

C'mon guys if you are going to pile on you gotta do a better job than this:p

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 10:57 PM
I gave up on them soon.

Sure you did. You just told on yourself:rolleyes:

dirk digler
07-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Oh yes I do have a sense of humor and I should use it more but it is kind of hard to be funny all the time when "Marxist minions" such as yourself who see the "Declaration of Independence","The Bill of Rights", "The Constitution" and the "Holy Bible" as extremist right-wing propaganda that enslaves America which needs to eliminated at all costs.

You know the "transformation of America" and the "negative liberties of the Constitution"(oxymoron btw) that O'Marxist talks about.

You are full of shit. I don't know anybody on this board that thinks the "Declaration of Independence","The Bill of Rights", or "The Constitution"
should be eliminated. Maybe the Bible but they are just as whacky as you are.

If you give counseling advice as well as you predict things on here I feel sorry for your patients.

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 11:01 PM

Garble garble bullshit bullshit

Let's not pretend that you are some protector of the ideas in the documents. Let's not pretend that you have even read the Declaration of Independence or 1/10 of the Bible. So especially let's not pretend that I'm some opponent of them, you wretch.

You're a product of extremist right-wing propaganda. You don't think for yourself. You're a puppet.

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 11:03 PM
You are full of shit. I don't know anybody on this board that thinks the "Declaration of Independence","The Bill of Rights", or "The Constitution"
should be eliminated. Maybe the Bible but they are just as whacky as you are.

If you give counseling advice as well as you predict things on here I feel sorry for your patients.

Dirk it's obvious all your "brains and political perspective" are located in your 'avatar'.LMAO

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 11:03 PM
I have a life outside this board unlike you it appears:thumb:

I'm sure you have a very crowded business and social life, sportsshrink.

dirk digler
07-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Dirk it's obvious all your "brains and political perspective" are located in your 'avatar'.LMAO

Still more than you have

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Sure you did. You just told on yourself:rolleyes:

I just told on myself? In what possible circumstance after the age of 6 is that an appropriate thing to say? Go sit in a corner.

Chiefshrink
07-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Garble garble bullshit bullshit

Let's not pretend that you are some protector of the ideas in the documents. Let's not pretend that you have even read the Declaration of Independence or 1/10 of the Bible. So especially let's not pretend that I'm some opponent of them, you wretch.

You're a product of extremist right-wing propaganda. You don't think for yourself. You're a puppet.

Somebody's getting crankyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!;)

Jenson71
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Somebody's getting crankyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!;)

Okay, let's have an honest discussion. Have you read the entire Bible? I mean, all books, from Genesis to Revelation? And all sentences in those books?

Reaper16
07-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Your grammar is too impeccable for this to be a true parody.

mlyonsd
07-25-2011, 08:17 AM
it would seem the silent majority wants an end to political extremes on both sides...

and if i'm not mistaken most polls show that the majority wants a deal and that default would have bad consequences for the country...

actually, i thought the article was a good read and i highly recommend it...I'll bet this thread didn't go where you'd hoped. LMAO

Donger
07-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Jenson seems a little testy recently. Is something the matter, Jenson?

VAChief
07-25-2011, 08:22 AM
I think a mod should change ss name to Alinskyize

There was an old college drinking game for whenever a character on the Bob Newhart show would come on and say "hi Bob" you had to take a drink. If that was true for every one of his hyperbole posts even Foster Brooks would be drunk in a few minutes!

Chiefshrink
07-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Jenson seems a little testy recently. Is something the matter, Jenson?

I think he needs to change his tampon:thumb:

Chiefshrink
07-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Okay, let's have an honest discussion. Have you read the entire Bible? I mean, all books, from Genesis to Revelation? And all sentences in those books?

How about I just "cut to the chase" and we can avoid all this long drawn out "splitting hairs" lawyering you want to do with the Bible, uh? Yes I have read the Bible forwards,backwards,sideways, upside down. Studying the Greek,Latin,Hebrew...ect...

Here is a reply to Jaric I posted several weeks ago. You may have read it already. I have a hunch this may apply to you as well but maybe not. Here is my reply to Jaric:

As I read your posts in this thread to others especially to orange, I had a hunch you were soured along the way of your religous journey/experience because some of your replies showed great passion and admiration for the "Word". I have always had a special place in my heart for Catholics because of my own experience as a Protestant who attended a Catholic college and started a bible study in the dorms at the time. Soon I began to learn about the Catholic faith and heard many of the disappointments and hard unanswered questions that many of my Catholic friends had.

And by all means many of my Protestant friends had these same disappointments and unanswered questions as well including myself when I was very young. But then as I pursued these issues a very wise pastor finally pointed me to a passage in I Cor.13:12. You may know it already but it provided great peace to my soul although I had read it many times before. Paul writes:

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror(our earthly life now), then(afterlife with Christ) we shall see face to face. Now I know in part;(our earthly life now) then(afterlife with Christ) I shall know fully, even as I am fully known(Chirst knows us fully now during our earthly life).

Bottom line: Man's sin has prevented total understanding on this earth thus man has tried to answer these difficult perplexing questions(everything from creation of the earth, to the resurrection, to why innocent people die unjustly whether it be due to crime,disease,war or catastrophe) with a finite mind in a fallen world.

A finite mind who is prevented from knowing the infinite mind at least for
now. It's not that God doesn't want you to know, it's that our chosen falleness prevents us to see the whole picture of God's intentions since the fall.

Thus man gets frustrated and begins to answer these questions apart from God and thus creates his own religions when his own 'finite mind' cannot understand thus(Enlightenment Period - a la Science without God,Mormonism,Jehovah's Witness,Islam,Buddahism,Hinduism,...etc the list goes on.

For the secular humanist, "spiritual faith" is insulting if science cannot answer it therefore it must not be true, not realizing that a fallen world with a fallen man that has a finite mind also seeks answers from a "finite science" a science that was created by God as well but also 'limited' to fallness. See the insanity now?

But the cool part is that when we die and see Christ face to face(assuming you are a believer) then we will fully know EVERYTHING; the who,why,what, and where on every aspect of our lives along with how everything came to be and then you will have no more questions for God because you will know why He did what he did and why you could not know everything during your earthly life.

But like Paul said, God's grace is sufficient for thee and if the crucifixion and sacrifice of God's son isn't enough for man to know God's love for him then as Jesus said "let the dead bury the dead".

It really does come down to faith Jaric and let I Cor.13:12 be your comfort for awhile and allow for your return to Christ because he not only awaits for your return but he literally pursues you at every turn whether you realize it or not.

"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and yet lose his soul"?

Gaining the 'whole world' for some is not always 'materialism' but more often than not it is "total understanding" in the "here and now" and when perplexing questions are not answered or adversity hits and can't be explained then man sells out.

Don't sell out just yet Jaric because your heart still misses your Savior.

And you know it:thumb:

Don't try to figure it all out Jenson71 because you can't. As Jesus said,(my paraphrase) "Blessed are those that cannot see but still believe".:thumb:

boogblaster
07-25-2011, 08:56 AM

id respond but forgot the response ....

Jenson71
07-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Don't try to figure it all out Jenson71 because you can't. As Jesus said,(my paraphrase) "Blessed are those that cannot see but still believe".:thumb:

Why are you lecturing me? I'm a practicing Catholic. I've spent more time here defending Christianity with logic, historical understanding, and philosophy than you've ever done in your life.

For all the cutting to the chase talk, you still didn't answer my question: have you read the entire Bible?

petegz28
07-25-2011, 09:08 AM
And here I thought this thread might prove to have some honest conversation.

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 09:11 AM

Shhhhhhhhh. Dont talk when the Pope is speaking

Jaric
07-25-2011, 10:34 AM

What on earth would give you that idea?