PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Reids plan. Shallower than he and Obama

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Rough notes from FNC producer Trish Turner about the Senator Harry Reid proposal:

•$1.2t – discretionary cuts – defense and non-defense. *Notes Boehner agreed to $1.2t before broke off talks w/ WH.

•$100b mandatory savings. Negotiated by Biden grp. Won’t impact Medicare, Medicaid, or SS benefits.

*Breaking this down-

*$40b in waste, fraud, abuse

*$30b in Fannie/Freddie reforms

*$15b in spectrum sales and Universal Service Fund Reforms

*$10-15b in agriculture reforms

*Higher education prog reform whose savings go to sustain the Pell Grant Program. (No dollar on this)

•$1t in savings from winding down the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

•$400b in interest savings.

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2011/07/25/latest-democrat-sen-harry-reid-proposal/

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Waste Fraud and Abuse.....always on a list, never addressed.
100b. No ID on any of it...negotiated by Bidens Group my ass.

This is just what I expected. They will all have a love fest. Nothing worth a damn gets done. Bend over America.

patteeu
07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Taking credit for cutting funding for wars that are already scheduled to end Is the kind of completely bogus "cut" that we've grown used to in Wahington DC. Whether this is counted in a democrat proposal or a Republican proposal, it's BS.

patteeu
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Oh, and BTW, those "cuts" were inherited from Bush. Come up with some real cuts of your own, Harry.

go bowe
07-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Taking credit for cutting funding for wars that are already scheduled to end Is the kind of completely bogus "cut" that we've grown used to in Wahington DC. Whether this is counted in a democrat proposal or a Republican proposal, it's BS.

i've often wondered why the dems haven't been able to come up with good leaders in the house and senate...

poor harry is slowly sliding down to being nothing more than a hot-air bag...

alpha_omega
07-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Sounds like a bunch of stuff we should already be doing.