PDA

View Full Version : Obama President Obama to Address the Nation Live in Prime Time Tonight on Debt Talks

petegz28
07-25-2011, 04:05 PM
President Obama will use the bully pulpit in prime time tonight to address the nation on the status of the stalled debt talks. The President will address the nation live at 9 pm from the East Room (watch on ABC News stations or streaming live right her on ABCNews.com)

Immediately after the President speaks, Republican Speaker John Boehner will offer his perspective on the stalled talks.

The news comes amid an impasse in Washington over how to raise the nation’s credit limit and avoid an Aug. 2nd default. It would be the first default in U.S. government history.

Bipartisan talks broke down over the weekend and now Democrats and Republicans are pursuing divergent proposals on Capitol Hill.

Earlier today the White House made clear it will support Sen. Harry Reid’s proposal to cut more than $2 trillion in spending, including money saved through the planned drawdown of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan – a move Republicans dismiss - although it is also offered in the GOP House version.

White House spokesman Jay Carney accused House Republicans of walking away from deficit negotiations “after insisting that the budget be balanced on the backs of seniors and the middle class.”

Carney called the Reid plan“a responsible compromise that cuts spending in a way that protects critical investments and does not harm the economic recovery.”

And President Obama spoke to the National Council of La Raza earlier today saying “we can’t just close our deficits by cutting spending. … Not only is it not fair if all of this is done on the backs of middle-class families and poor families, it doesn’t make sense. It may sound good to save a lot of money over the next five years, but not if we sacrifice our future for the next fifty.”

Meanwhile Republican e John Boehner met with his party today to outline his own proposal for a two-step deficit reduction plan.

ABC News has learned the framework would cut and cap discretionary spending to generate $1.2 trillion savings over 10 years and increase the debt limit by less than $1 trillion. The plan would also create a joint committee on deficit reduction to come up with a second wave of deficit reduction by the end of this year.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/07/president-obama-to-address-the-nation-live-in-prime-time-tonight-on-debt-talks.html

petegz28
07-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Both Obama and Boehner are talking a bunch of meaningless crap.

I expect to hear a lot about private jet owners tonight. As if that would make a small dent in the deficit anyway?

We got into this mess by spending money we don't have. So the answer to the majority of the problem is to quit spending money on bullshit.

I am sure we will hear a lot of scare tactics tonight from The King.

Stay tuned....class warfare is coming to prime time.

RINGLEADER
07-25-2011, 04:12 PM
This guy never learns. People are tired of his speeches. They don't move the issues the way he seems to think they do. If they did his approval rating wouldn't be in the toilet right now.

Expect another laundry list of comments about inheriting a bad economy (that he's made worse), trying to compromise (while blowing up deals that Congress was moving on without him), and having a keen interest in cutting the deficit (so that it's only three times the size it was before he arrived). Also, I'm sure his old stand-by "we won't kill, I mean cut, benefits for the elderly on the backs of millionaires and billionaires..."

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Both Obama and Boehner are talking a bunch of meaningless crap.

Yup!

petegz28
07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh, and I am sure we are going to hear the phrase "shared sacrifice" quite a bit. Only the shares sacrifice isn't really what is being proposed.

RINGLEADER
07-25-2011, 04:18 PM
According to sources:

There will be no new proposals made by Obama, but he will say that he (and Dems) are the only ones compromising. He also wants to have the GOP agree to tax increases and will reiterate that demand.

Donger
07-25-2011, 04:20 PM
We don't have a fucking taxation problem. We have a fucking spending problem.

But, by all means, Obama. Keep going down that class warfare road.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Oh, and I am sure we are going to hear the phrase "shared sacrifice" quite a bit. Only the shares sacrifice isn't really what is being proposed.

As if he and his wife are sharing any of the pain.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 04:21 PM
According to sources:

There will be no new proposals made by Obama, but he will say that he (and Dems) are the only ones compromising. He also wants to have the GOP agree to tax increases and will reiterate that demand.

His whole bullshit is "let us spend more for now and we promise we will spend less later.....oh and we are raising your taxes in the meantime".

FD
07-25-2011, 04:25 PM
His whole bullshit is "let us spend more for now and we promise we will spend less later.....oh and we are raising your taxes in the meantime".

Actually his last offer included $1.2 trillion in immediate cuts to discretionary spending, followed by a target for revenue increases to be enacted sometime down the road. Kind of the opposite of your characterization.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Actually his last offer included $1.2 trillion in immediate cuts to discretionary spending, followed by a target for revenue increases to be enacted sometime down the road. Kind of the opposite of your characterization.

I believe a lot of those cuts were shams. Like the wars that were already planned to end anyway? That in my eyes is not a spending cut. It is taking money you already factored in and calling it some new cut.

Both sides...you hear me??? BOTH sides want to keep spending. Including King Barry.

vailpass
07-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Oh dear God there are people out there who still buy obama's bullshit.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 04:32 PM
What has either side actually proposed that will actually grow the taxpayer base? That is the answer to the problem. You want more revenues? Then make our business environment a better place so people can go back to work.

Taxes to should be a volume business, not a targeted mandate to a small group of specific individuals.

RINGLEADER
07-25-2011, 04:41 PM

Obama, I don't believe, has come up with any plan (except the one that was voted down by the Senate on a 97-0 vote)....

FD
07-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I believe a lot of those cuts were shams. Like the wars that were already planned to end anyway? That in my eyes is not a spending cut. It is taking money you already factored in and calling it some new cut.

Both sides...you hear me??? BOTH sides want to keep spending. Including King Barry.

The $1.2 trillion in cuts did not include savings from ending the wars. They were cuts to discretionary spending and would be enacted immediately.

RINGLEADER
07-25-2011, 04:52 PM
The $1.2 trillion in cuts did not include savings from ending the wars. They were cuts to discretionary spending and would be enacted immediately.

Can you link to this Obama plan?

petegz28
07-25-2011, 04:52 PM

Gonna have to ask for a link because what I heard was they were talking about the wars. Secondly if we can cut $1.2 tril immediately then there is really no need to raise the debt ceiling now is there?

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 05:21 PM

One of the major "cuts" compromise was the ending of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, hardly cuts at all as they were already planned to end. They are taking the remaining cost and spreading it over 10 years (which will cost more in interest alone than we saved in the last debacle a couple of months ago).

It is snake oil advertising. I expect to see 76 trombones at any minute and President Obama come out singing "We got trouble in River City".

KC Dan
07-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I refuse to listen to either of those putz'. I'll be at the bar getting hammered.

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 05:23 PM

You heard incorrectly

http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/25/news/economy/debt_ceiling_military_spending/index.htm?hpt=hp_t1

Bewbies
07-25-2011, 05:24 PM
This debt crap is all about next years election. If he can't get the tea party folks to spin off a 3rd party candidate he's toast. So all this insistence on raising taxes is for that, not because it actually does anything.

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 05:25 PM
You heard incorrectly

http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/25/news/economy/debt_ceiling_military_spending/index.htm?hpt=hp_t1

"Specifically, Reid's plan includes $1.2 trillion in savings from various domestic and defense programs, along with $1 trillion in savings from winding down the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It also generates $400 billion in interest savings on the debt, and another $40 billion by rooting out waste, fraud and abuse."

FD
07-25-2011, 05:25 PM
You heard incorrectly

That is Reid's plan.

FD
07-25-2011, 05:26 PM
"Specifically, Reid's plan includes $1.2 trillion in savings from various domestic and defense programs, along with $1 trillion in savings from winding down the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It also generates $400 billion in interest savings on the debt, and another $40 billion by rooting out waste, fraud and abuse."

"along with" means in addition to.

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 05:30 PM
The Republicans have actually released a two option plan. One, an extension to the end of 2012 on the debt ceiling providing MAJOR changes are made in tax reform and the attempt at a balanced budget amendment. This forces the Democrats to make real changes immediately instead of shoving them off on the next 5 Congressional Congress Sessions as the Reid plan does.

The other is a milder form which still addresses entitlements but since the balanced budget amendment isn't proposed and the major tax reforms are left off the table, he only wants the ceiling raised until the end of 2011. This forces both parties to work together prior to the next election, which the Dems fear more than the plague.

Either way, the Dems are gonna have to tough up and face the fact that this issue needs to be TOTALLY resolved before the next election, which they are scared to do.

KILLER_CLOWN
07-25-2011, 05:32 PM
When does the dog & pony show begin? 9 est?

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 05:44 PM

You are correct. The plans actually aren't that dissimilar. My apologies.

The big sticking points are

1. Reid's insistence that more be taken from defense than the Boehner plan.
2. Boehner demanding a vote on a balanced budget amendment.
3. Boehner wanting constant and consistent review of the plan until the next election while Reid wants to shore up the Democrat vote by extending the ceiling just past the next election.

Number 1 shouldn't be a problem - they can pull each other's teeth all day until they meet in the middle.
Number 2 will be a big issue for social justice Democrats. They have no desire to go on record voting against a balanced budget as they would assure a huge majority being voted out next election. Voting for it and passing it would assure almost immediate refinement in entitlement programs.
Number 3 seems to be the biggest problem. Being a conservative, I believe the people who have caused the problem for the last 2 years with indiscriminate spending and a lack of budget should be the ones who fix the problem, thus in my opinion the review of the ceiling should be before they are voted for or against next year. A liberal would argue that they need to fix the problem for as long as they can by extending the ceiling review until after the election, assuring the POTUS of less work bringing voters over to his side next year. Also note that extending the review past election allows the next congress to vote against and remove anything done by the current one in session.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 05:45 PM

You still haven't addressed the point I made. If Obama can cut $1.2 tril immediately as you claim, then WTF do we need to raise the debt ceiling for?

I think you are slightly exagerating or misinformed.

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 05:58 PM
12 people will watch.

The windbag has worn out his listeners.

FD
07-25-2011, 06:10 PM
You still haven't addressed the point I made. If Obama can cut $1.2 tril immediately as you claim, then WTF do we need to raise the debt ceiling for?

I think you are slightly exagerating or misinformed.

Enacted immediately. Carried out over the next few years of the budget window.

thecoffeeguy
07-25-2011, 06:13 PM
O - One
B - Big
A - Ass
M - Mistake
A - America

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 06:18 PM
12 people will watch.

The windbag has worn out his listeners. Obama is gonna speak???

http://th660.photobucket.com/albums/uu322/bNphish/th_not_this_shit_again.jpg

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Obama is gonna speak???

http://th660.photobucket.com/albums/uu322/bNphish/th_not_this_shit_again.jpg

You dont need to watch. Ill pre summarize:

Crisis
Need more revenues from the rich
Jet Planes
Republicans made a crisis
Shared sacrifice
The poor
Inherited the problem Bush sucks
The rich
More taxes
Not my fault, Bush did it
Invest in shovel ready shit
Spend more to create jobs
Republicans are buttheads
Compromise means I get to raise taxes and spend all I want.
God Bless America

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 06:25 PM
We don't have a ****ing taxation problem. We have a ****ing spending problem.

But, by all means, Obama. Keep going down that class warfare road.Now is not the time for profits;

You don't want someone asking you for your papers when you are getting your kid an ice cream, that's not the way to go.

Now is the time for shared sacrifice

Please tell me who is at fault here so I know who's ass to kick.

I will decide on whether to surge in Afghanistan, umm, ahh, in two months, and then, only after the generals leak my not even bothering to talk to them about the situation.

Oh yeah, and one more thing, just look at my Avitar, My fellow Amerikan's. BEND OVER, HERE IT COMES ANYWAY!!! OBAMACARE, emm emmm yeah, take that.

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 06:26 PM
You dont need to watch. Ill pre summarize:

Crisis
Need more revenues from the rich
Jet Planes
Republicans made a crisis
Shared sacrifice
The poor
Inherited the problem Bush sucks
The rich
More taxes
Not my fault, Bush did it
Invest in shovel ready shit
Spend more to create jobs
Republicans are buttheads
Compromise means I get to raise taxes and spend all I want.
God Bless AmericaYou forgot to get into that professorial voice.

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 06:27 PM
You forgot to get into that professorial voice.And ummmm, you forgot, to umm and left out all the , umm pregnant pauses.

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 06:28 PM
I can't watch the shit, I start using words that I forgot existed and spittle flies all over the television.

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Design Stars will be on Home channel or something

LiveSteam
07-25-2011, 06:31 PM
I can't watch the shit, I start using words that I forgot existed and spittle flies all over the television.

LMAOLMAO

mlyonsd
07-25-2011, 07:03 PM
We 'spent' a surplus on tax cuts?

banyon
07-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Is Obama using Just for Men?

banyon
07-25-2011, 07:07 PM
We 'spent' a surplus on tax cuts?

In a functional sense of deciding to balancing the budget between expected revenues and expenses, that's absolutely true.

RINGLEADER
07-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Obama is a complete a total fool. His reasoning is that you raise taxes because it is "fair," not because it generates more revenue.

He also is great at leaving out little details -- it doesn't matter how many times you raise the debt ceiling, it matters how MUCH you raise the debt ceiling.

But I'm really surprised he came out swinging with the same "millionaires and billionaires and corporations and oil companies are doing NOTHING" line of attack that has whiffed every other time he's used it.

Spending into oblivion is also not the way to "run the greatest country on Earth," Mister President.

mlyonsd
07-25-2011, 07:13 PM
In a functional sense of deciding to balancing the budget between expected revenues and expenses, that's absolutely true.I know what he meant by it but in the true meaning of the words it isn't true.

Bewbies
Obama has so badly lost this one this speech actually has me feeling sorry for the guy.

Well, then he starts all his lies and class warfare and the imaginary points he won with me evaporate quicker than how fast they never appeared.

Calcountry
Condescending professorial piece of shit. Narcissist, explain it to us plebes, please allmighty king piece of s hit.

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 07:14 PM
I am so thankful that you condescended your throne to explain, that most of us, probably never heard of a "debt ceiling", you arrogant piece of shit.

mlyonsd
07-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Obama is a complete a total fool. His reasoning is that you raise taxes because it is "fair," not because it generates more revenue.

He also is great at leaving out little details -- it doesn't matter how many times you raise the debt ceiling, it matters how MUCH you raise the debt ceiling.

But I'm really surprised he came out swinging with the same "millionaires and billionaires and corporations and oil companies are doing NOTHING" line of attack that has whiffed every other time he's used it.

Spending into oblivion is also not the way to "run the greatest country on Earth," Mister President.The best thing the dems can get out of this is to advance the progressive tax system and they know it.

Bewbies
07-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Someone tell this guy to stop complaining about Republicans and lack of compromise. The election is over, we won and elections have consequences Mr President....

Jimmy Carter has got to be doing backflips in his nursing home right now.

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 07:15 PM
All we see is you splainin to us once again.

mlyonsd
07-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Boehner can use the last 3 minutes word for word pointing them at Obama.

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Mr. President, I have one question for you: Why did the Republicans win in November 2010?

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Mr. Speaker.

Calcountry
07-25-2011, 07:25 PM
perfunctory.

banyon
07-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Obama's speechwriter was better, but in the end, they're just speeches.

The proof is in the pudding.

|Zach|
07-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Obama's speechwriter was better, but in the end, they're just speeches.

The proof is in the pudding.

Are we sure that the White House didn't load Boehner's teleprompter? His speech seems designed to make Obama's point.

mlyonsd
07-25-2011, 07:34 PM
That was easily 25 minutes of my life I wasted.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 07:38 PM
That was easily 25 minutes of my life I wasted.

LMAO Pretty much

I was kind of disappointed in Obama's speech tonight. Leave out the blame game stuff and just say our economy is in peril and we all fucked this up so let's fix it.

|Zach|
07-25-2011, 07:45 PM
<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hLkbjGpE3Mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RINGLEADER
07-25-2011, 07:47 PM
LMAO Pretty much

I was kind of disappointed in Obama's speech tonight. Leave out the blame game stuff and just say our economy is in peril and we all ****ed this up so let's fix it.

The problem is none of them really want to fix it and, unfortunately, neither do a lot of the American population. They just want to keep getting their goodies until the store is not only cleaned out, but the credit cards are all maxed and the second, third, and fourth mortgages all come due.

banyon
07-25-2011, 07:48 PM
LMAO Pretty much

I was kind of disappointed in Obama's speech tonight. Leave out the blame game stuff and just say our economy is in peril and we all ****ed this up so let's fix it.

Hasn't he been trying that approach for at least a month and the Republican's reply has been a general F you?

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 07:55 PM
The problem is none of them really want to fix it and, unfortunately, neither do a lot of the American population. They just want to keep getting their goodies until the store is not only cleaned out, but the credit cards are all maxed and the second, third, and fourth mortgages all come due.

I am still hopeful that this will get done but this pettiness is getting silly

Hasn't he been trying that approach for at least a month and the Republican's reply has been a general F you?

Somewhat but he starts his speech by blaming Bush (even though what he said was true), I just don't think that is the right approach.

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 07:58 PM

Find any time he speaks where he does not reference his problems to Bush, point out he expects people to compromise while he rails against jets, the rich, pushes shared sacrifice and bangs the republicans at every turn. All he ever does is blame.

The man has no leadership skills whatsoever, he cannot adapt, he will not recognize anything from the opposition as positive and overall is self destructive in his approach. Blame is a bad approach. Refusing to accept responsibility is worse. He did both.

The speech tonight should serve as the way to not do it. He should not have gone on TV. Boehner took his ass to the woodshed.

Donger
07-25-2011, 07:59 PM
I hope that the "ordinary Americans" understood and appreciated what this condescending, elitist, fuck stick POTUS graciously took time out of his evening to explain to them.

It's been a long time since I've thrown anything at the TV.

banyon
07-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Find any time he speaks where he does not reference his problems to Bush, point out he expects people to compromise while he rails against jets, the rich, pushes shared sacrifice and bangs the republicans at every turn. All he ever does is blame.

The man has no leadership skills whatsoever, he cannot adapt, he will not recognize anything from the opposition as positive and overall is self destructive in his approach. Blame is a bad approach. Refusing to accept responsibility is worse. He did both.

The speech tonight should serve as the way to not do it. He should not have gone on TV. Boehner took his ass to the woodshed.

I don't have any problem with your criticism here, except the idea that Boehner came out looking much better.

Donger
07-25-2011, 08:02 PM
I don't have any problem with your criticism here, except the idea that Boehner came out looking much better.

Boehner did, because he stated that Congress is not at stalemate and as I understand it at present, they are not. He and his veto is the problem at this point.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Boehner did, because he stated that Congress is not at stalemate and as I understand it at present, they are not. He and his veto is the problem at this point.

The Senate already dismissed the House plan once so yeah they are at a stalemate.

Hopefully that will change and they can come to some bi-partisan agreement.

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
The Senate already dismissed the House plan once so yeah they are at a stalemate.

Hopefully that will change and they can come to some bi-partisan agreement.

House will send them a second solution....if they say no, a pox on their house.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 08:26 PM
The reason Boehner came out on top was because he said "the same ole' shit ain't gonna fly anymore".

Obama played the blame game, class warfare and my favorite was when he said "everyone" had to help but he doesn't want to raise taxes on "everyone"

patteeu
07-25-2011, 08:27 PM
What has either side actually proposed that will actually grow the taxpayer base? That is the answer to the problem. You want more revenues? Then make our business environment a better place so people can go back to work.

Taxes to should be a volume business, not a targeted mandate to a small group of specific individuals.

Savvy observation. :thumb:

|Zach|
07-25-2011, 08:29 PM
This day did reinforce one thing I have been saying for a while now. GOP is totally fractured...beholden to different masters some of which will absolutely cut of their noes to spite their face.

patteeu
07-25-2011, 08:38 PM
This day did reinforce one thing I have been saying for a while now. GOP is totally fractured...beholden to different masters some of which will absolutely cut of their noes to spite their face.

LOL @ Seeing what you want to see.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 08:40 PM
LMAO

Just minutes before Boehner spoke, CNN's Erin Burnett relayed word from her sources on Wall Street that the newest Republican plan would not satisfy the credit rating agencies, which have soured on the idea of a short-term solution to the debt ceiling debate. Rather, it was Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's approach (padded by counting the savings from the drawdown of troops from Afghanistan and Iraq) that would calm their nerves.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 08:43 PM
LMAO

Just minutes before Boehner spoke, CNN's Erin Burnett relayed word from her sources on Wall Street that the newest Republican plan would not satisfy the credit rating agencies, which have soured on the idea of a short-term solution to the debt ceiling debate. Rather, it was Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's approach (padded by counting the savings from the drawdown of troops from Afghanistan and Iraq) that would calm their nerves.

Fuck the credit rating agencies. These are the same dipwads that fell asleep during the whole crisis. Do you really have any faith in these morons?

And let me just give you an example....how can we be so close to being in default yet still have a AAA rating?

Smell it....it stinks.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 08:44 PM
LMAO

Oh, and BTW, Erin was also the same dipshit that went on TV defending all the Wall St. firms and banks for paying out bonuses while getting billions of our tax $'s in bailouts.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 08:47 PM
You don't find it humorous pete that Wall Street likes Harry Reid's plan over the Republican speaker's?

That is some funny shit right there

petegz28
07-25-2011, 08:51 PM
You don't find it humorous pete that Wall Street likes Harry Reid's plan over the Republican speaker's?

That is some funny shit right there

I don't believe Wall St. does. Wall St. is NOT the rating agencies, for one. Secondly I don't think Erin Burnette has the sense of a baboon. Trust me, I used to watch CNBC all day every day and SHE is the reason I quit. I can't stand her. She is arrogant, snobby and thinks she knows every damn thing about every damn thing. During the financial breakdown, Bill Gross of PIMCO said he had a model that could value all the CDS's that were in question. Later that afternoon without an inkling of a clue of Gross' model, Burnett told a guest she could price the CDS's in about 5 minutes.

She is a pretty face that sucked her way to fame. Nothing more.

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 08:54 PM
She is a pretty face that sucked her way to fame.

Every person has talent that makes them valuable.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't believe Wall St. does. Wall St. is NOT the rating agencies, for one. Secondly I don't think Erin Burnette has the sense of a baboon. Trust me, I used to watch CNBC all day every day and SHE is the reason I quit. I can't stand her. She is arrogant, snobby and thinks she knows every damn thing about every damn thing. During the financial breakdown, Bill Gross of PIMCO said he had a model that could value all the CDS's that were in question. Later that afternoon without an inkling of a clue of Gross' model, Burnett told a guest she could price the CDS's in about 5 minutes.

She is a pretty face that sucked her way to fame. Nothing more.

That may all be true about Erin but she probably has the best sources on Wall Street.

Anyway I think Boehner could make Wall Street happy if would extend his plan until 2013. Wall St and the ratings agencies don't want a short term deal especially one that will only extend it for 4-5 months.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 08:59 PM
That may all be true about Erin but she probably has the best sources on Wall Street.

Anyway I think Boehner could make Wall Street happy if would extend his plan until 2013. Wall St and the ratings agencies don't want a short term deal especially one that will only extend it for 4-5 months.

Wall St. certainly won't like the uncertainty of the shorter time frame and there will be some superficial relief in Reid's plan. But when the smoke clears we will still be left with the same problems and Wall St. ...the REAL Wall St., will not be fooled.

She is a drama queen that thinks she knows it all. Again, this broad was on the Sunday's defending companies taking billions of our $'s while handing out bonuses in record amounts.

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 09:01 PM

How many times has it been raised and each time for how long?

petegz28
07-25-2011, 09:09 PM
UPDATE: Jim Cramer and Erin Burnett responded on the air.

One of the big journalistic lessons of the Iraq War was that "embedded" reporters who get one side of the story are not well suited to give accurate information to the public.

Americans now depend on the media for accurate information about the financial crisis. This Sunday's Meet The Press made something absolutely clear: Journalists who are "embedded" on Wall Street and depend on Wall Street execs for access on a day-to-day basis are ridiculously unqualified to give the public good information about the economic crisis.

Indeed, NBC has an Erin Burnett problem. Watch and see for yourself how Burnett consistently serves as an apologist for Wall Street's worst practices:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lLWPj5hTkio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-green/nbc-has-an-erin-burnett-p_b_163022.html

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:09 PM
How many times has it been raised and each time for how long?

If you just look at the Bush years they raised it 7 times which was almost every year except in 2005

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 09:11 PM
over 100 times since it was implemented. Wall street has never had an issue with the length of time before.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:11 PM
LMAO Boehner is crying LMAO

Boehner overheard leaving Capitol: “I didn’t sign up for going mano-a-mano with the President of the United States.” | CBS News’ Jill Jackson reported Boehner’s candid comments via Twitter (http://twitter.com/#%21/jacksonjk/status/95668417163563008).

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:12 PM
over 100 times since it was implemented. Wall street has never had an issue with the length of time before.

I honestly don't know have they ever raised it just for a few months? I think that is the issue.

patteeu
07-25-2011, 09:14 PM
**** the credit rating agencies. These are the same dipwads that fell asleep during the whole crisis. Do you really have any faith in these morons?

And let me just give you an example....how can we be so close to being in default yet still have a AAA rating?

Smell it....it stinks.

I wouldn't worry about it petegz28. Erin's sources are fictional.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh yea, and Dirk, Mrs. Burnett is now reporting for CNN ......it's a wonder why she is suddenly on the Dem tip.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh yea, and Dirk, Mrs. Burnett is now reporting for CNN ......it's a wonder why she is suddenly on the Dem tip.

CNN is more biased than NBC? Yeah I don't buy that.

Hasn't bond ratings agencies and Wall Street been saying for days they will not support a short-term deal? I believe they have so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 09:26 PM
CNN is more biased than NBC? Yeah I don't buy that.

Hasn't bond ratings agencies and Wall Street been saying for days they will not support a short-term deal? I believe they have so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

CNBC is the black sheep of NBC. I really don't care what bond rating agencies say. It is no surprise, I have heard it for a long time now. And again, it begs the question, if we are so close to being in default why are we still AAA? If you go by what these rating agencies say you are being a sheep. Do you think you would be given a AAA rating by Experian if you were in as much debt as the Gov is, relatively speaking? **** NO!

And big whoop if they downgrade us. So interest goes up a little. We are and still will be the best bet when you measure us up to everyone else globally. It's all relative. This is all news hype and daytrader talk. The Euros are much worse off than we are so in comaparison WTF?

And, oh, what's that Obama said a few months ago when S&P threatened to down grade us? He said it was political posturing to try and force a deal.

We aren't going to default, for one, regardless of what happens. Secondly if they downgrade us big whoop. All things considered, deal or not, we deserve it given our current condition and if the ratings agencies had a shred of backbone we would have been downgraded long ago.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:30 PM
We aren't going to default, for one, regardless of what happens. Secondly if they downgrade us big whoop. All things considered, deal or not, we deserve it given our current condition and if the ratings agencies had a shred of backbone we would have been downgraded long ago.

I agree. I mean we're bankrupt!

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 09:31 PM
We deserve to be downgraded. Look at the balance sheet....bad. If this was a corp, would you invest in it with Obama running it?

banyon
07-25-2011, 09:34 PM
CNBC is the black sheep of NBC. I really don't care what bond rating agencies say. It is no surprise, I have heard it for a long time now. And again, it begs the question, if we are so close to being in default why are we still AAA? If you go by what these rating agencies say you are being a sheep. Do you think you would be given a AAA rating by Experian if you were in as much debt as the Gov is, relatively speaking? **** NO!

And big whoop if they downgrade us. So interest goes up a little. We are and still will be the best bet when you measure us up to everyone else globally. It's all relative. This is all news hype and daytrader talk. The Euros are much worse off than we are so in comaparison WTF?

And, oh, what's that Obama said a few months ago when S&P threatened to down grade us? He said it was political posturing to try and force a deal.

So what if interest rates go up on a tens of trillion dollar debt? Are you really saying that?

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:36 PM

I agree with you that we are stil the best bet but we won't be if we don't get a deal and the economy crashes.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:38 PM
I agree with you that we are stil the best bet but we won't be if we don't get a deal and the economy crashes.

How can the economy crash from this? You mean the govt's economy right? Govt workers and thier unions, govt spending to contractors. BFD!

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:39 PM
We deserve to be downgraded. Look at the balance sheet....bad. If this was a corp, would you invest in it with Obama running it?

I wouldn't invest in anyone running it while in this condition.

BigChiefFan
07-25-2011, 09:40 PM
LMAO

That really shouldn't come as a surprise as Obama is in bed with Wall Street. Just ask Geithner.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 09:40 PM
So what if interest rates go up on a tens of trillion dollar debt? Are you really saying that?

Yeah, I am saying that. It's rough but that's how it is. Why did so many people get into trouble for buying ARM's? Because they didn't plan on the fact that rates would eventually go up and they maximizes their debt under that fantasy.

Samething goes for D.C. It sucks but it is inevitable and you know that, banyon. You know interest rates cannot stay this low forever. So regardless of the catalyst it is going to happen sooner or later. Americans are a society of people who always have to learn the hard way, government not excluded. Perhaps if the interest rates go up on all that debt we been greedily hoarding it will force the needed changes once and for all?

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:41 PM
That really shouldn't come as a surprise as Obama is in bed with Wall Street. Just ask Geithner.

Yup! There are many slow in having the right realizations.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I am saying that. It's rough but that's how it is. Why did so many people get into trouble for buying ARM's? Because they didn't plan on the fact that rates would eventually go up and they maximizes their debt under that fantasy.

Samething goes for D.C. It sucks but it is inevitable and you know that, banyon. You know interest rates cannot stay this low forever. So regardless of the catalyst it is going to happen sooner or later. Americans are a society of people who always have to learn the hard way, government not excluded. Perhaps if the interest rates go up on all that debt we been greedily hoarding it will force the needed changes once and for all?

Interest rates have been too low artificially low and it a main factor in bringing on the financial/economic crisis. It lead to the overspending ( the bubble) and it cannot restore the economy when so much housing inventory is on the market.

petegz28

The economy is not going to crash. That is scare tactic BS. We are not going to default. Will some gov workers not get paid? Probably. Is the gov bloated and out of control? Yea.

We are going to have to swallow our medicine sooner or later. Obama just wants to kick the can down the road. Wall St. will react negatively at first to any downgrades but as history has shown us, it will recover. Wall St. is a looking forward game. Oncve the emotional panic is over and the Fed Gov is forced to deal with the monster they created it will recover.

patteeu
How can the economy crash from this? You mean the govt's economy right? Govt workers and thier unions, govt spending to contractors. BFD!

Are you asking dirk questions about economics as if he can understand what you're saying? I talk to my wife's cat sometimes too, so I understand. :)

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Ever hear of a rhetorical question smartass?

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:45 PM

Yeah 80 million people not receiving their money won't cause the economy to crash.

petegz28
So let's lay out the scenario of a default....where are people going to put there money? Sure they will dump bonds for a few, interest rates will rise. Then the next Euro crisis hits, and it will hit be it Spain or Italy and people will flock right back into our downgraded bonds.

Oh, and they might actually earn a rate of interest that outpaces inflation.

banyon

Yeah, no part of the private sector or regular people rely on government spending at all. It'll all be fine in some sort of magic pixie dust galt-ian fantasy where everyone is mystically independent of everyone else.

"every man is an island." John Donne's retarded stepbrother.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah 80 million people not receiving their money won't cause the economy to crash.

What 80 million people?

patteeu
Ever hear of a rhetorical question smartass?

I was making a joke at dirk's expense. Don't be a wet blanket.

BucEyedPea

On the other hand, there'd be plenty more who'd be freed up from paying them————> private sector economy where it belongs. It will offset.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, no part of the private sector or regular people rely on government spending at all. It'll all be fine in some sort of magic pixie dust galt-ian fantasy where everyone is mystically independent of everyone else.

"every man is an island." John Donne's retarded stepbrother.

Perhaps the Fed Gov needs to start making the business environment a little more attractive then, heh?

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 09:48 PM

You mean the "POTUS and Democrats running for office" as opposed to "Wall Street".

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Perhaps the Fed Gov needs to start making the business environment a little more attractive then, heh?

He's engaging in hyperbole of the typical socialist. All Obama's threats were for the govt not being able to spend.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Here is a good bedtime story

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59827.html

The Morning After

joe Scarborough

The morning afterIt was a financial storm that even an economics professor could see coming. The debt crisis that had gripped Washington for a month came to a sudden, horrifying climax that left America’s economy looking like a nuclear wasteland. Credit markets suffered life-threatening seizures as the stock market dropped a staggering 25 percent. U.S. Treasuries plummeted as Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s downgraded the United States’ credit rating — instantly adding trillions of dollars in interest costs to the national debt. Only gold was on the rise, and its price exploded past $2,000 an ounce.

European markets reacted with understandable alarm while shock waves raced across Asia despite the early morning hour. China remained still, issuing little more than bland assurances, while its leaders quietly relished the fact that the United States of America had undermined its economic standing in a way that the Middle Kingdom could never have done on its own.

The threat of exploding interest rates on home mortgages, cars, student loans and credit cards caused growing concerns. But it was the gutting of 401(k)’s and pension programs that would soon stir panic. Camera shots of citizens lined up outside banks, credit unions and Social Security offices caused commodity prices to collapse less than 30 minutes after those images began flickering on CNBC — and more than a few news commentators drew parallels between the chaos of this day and the early morning hours after the Sept. 11 attacks.

President Barack Obama went before TV cameras to try to calm Americans. Despite his shaky on-air performance, the president’s message was convincing and explained why the overwhelming majority of Americans surveyed in an overnight Gallup Poll blamed Republicans for the financial catastrophe that had quickly brought the world’s largest economy to its knees.

Obama began his short speech by quoting another president.

“Congress consistently brings the government to the edge of default before facing its responsibility. This brinkmanship threatens the holders of government bonds and those who rely on Social Security and veterans benefits. Interest rates would skyrocket, instability would occur in financial markets and the federal deficit would soar. The United States has a special responsibility to itself and the world to meet its obligations.”

The president paused for effect while Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke stood beside him and watched.

“Ronald Reagan said that 24 years ago. It is time that Republicans running the House today follow the 40th president’s wise advice and do the right thing.”

With that, Obama, Geithner and Bernanke left the Rose Garden and walked back into the White House. For the next hour, markets continued to drop. By late afternoon, the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ took the extraordinary step of closing their markets.

But the damage was already done. In a day’s time, America’s credit rating had collapsed, the dollar had fallen into disrepute and the life savings of millions of Americans had been wiped out.

Inside the office of the speaker of the House, Jamie Dimon and Jeff Immelt joined Geithner and Bernanke to explain in the bluntest terms possible the stakes that lay before John Boehner’s Republican caucus.
Bernanke summarized their positions.

“Mr. Speaker, this Congress can either pass a long-term deal tonight to bring sanity back to the markets or can expect to face unimaginable economic consequences in the morning.” The Fed chairman stood up to leave but left Boehner with a final jab. “There is no Plan B. Not after Congress’s performance today.”

Boehner glanced over Bernanke’s shoulder to see breaking news on a bank riot in St. Louis. Another screen showed a late-night protest at a Richmond Social Security office. The image of a burning LAPD squad car seemed to be running on an endless loop on Headline News while a commentator was shouting about the “riots caused by the Republicans.”

The speaker knew his caucus was cornered. By the time he entered HC-5 in the bowels of the Capitol complex, most members sensed they were on the wrong side of an epic political rout. By late July, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor had realized that his future in national politics would depend on how quickly he could bring this crisis — which many on Wall Street were blaming squarely on him — to a close.

Boehner entered the grim caucus room and went straight to the podium, telling members that the events of the day had made irrelevant any ideological argument. He was finished in a few minutes and then turned the mic over to Cantor, who told conservatives that the only option left to them was to live to fight another day. Only Michele Bachmann and a handful of freshman members delivered impassioned pleas to keep waging their war on Obama. But those short speeches were written more as fodder for future press releases than to persuade fellow Republicans.

The meeting was quickly adjourned with the understanding that Boehner would immediately call a vote to stop the hemorrhaging of world markets by extending the debt ceiling. In so doing, Boehner and his conservative caucus would be giving the president what he had been asking for all along.

The $4 trillion deal that the speaker had once hoped for was now nothing more than an opportunity lost. His party could have had a historic deal to reduce the national debt. His caucus could have made a real difference. Instead, their intransigence crippled America’s economy and clinched the reelection of Barack Obama.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 09:51 PM
The irony is some of you thought the Fed Gov was going to be able to spend all this money, the Fed Reserve was going to be able to buy up all these "toxic assets" and there wasn't going to be a huge pill for it to swallow at some point.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Are you asking dirk questions about economics as if he can understand what you're saying? I talk to my wife's cat sometimes too, so I understand. :)

I never understand what she says

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:53 PM
What 80 million people?

80 million Americans receive benefits payments from the government each month

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:54 PM

I have always said progressives and socialist don't recognize certain concepts and cannot process them. It's kinda like an alien race here on earth. :p

petegz28
07-25-2011, 09:54 PM

They still will.

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 09:55 PM

That simply is a huge over exaggeration of the possibilities.

Only a dumbass would continue to fund multiple state projects, arts compensations, and government studies as opposed to sending out SS checks and paying our military.

If you are stating many government workers won't get paid, that is a possibility. Worst case scenario is we get back to a smaller government (like we should) and we suffer this recession and unemployment another 5 - 8 years. But again, that is WORST case scenario.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:55 PM

That was dealt with by Boehner and is nothing but a scare tactic.

Still, much of that spending is not productive. Production makes an economy. Money is just a means of exchange that represents it. No production —> no REAL economic growth.
And money into the military goes for destruction. Govt produces nothing.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 09:58 PM

I need to sit on you and scream for you to get it. Oh wait! That won't work either. :p LMAO

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 09:58 PM

1/4 of our nation receives government funds and the problem is that the wealthy don't pay enough?????

Seems to me the problem is that we have too many people being controlled by government funding.

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 10:00 PM
I long for the good old days when only 30 million parasitic relationships had to be maintained

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 10:03 PM
I long for the good old days when only 30 million parasitic relationships had to be maintained

Privatize social security and moderate medicare to where it reimburses a realistic rate to the providers and you could get the number even lower.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Awful thought, some kids might actually have to work their way through college. The horror!!!!!

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:04 PM
That simply is a huge over exaggeration of the possibilities.

Only a dumbass would continue to fund multiple state projects, arts compensations, and government studies as opposed to sending out SS checks and paying our military.

If you are stating many government workers won't get paid, that is a possibility. Worst case scenario is we get back to a smaller government (like we should) and we suffer this recession and unemployment another 5 - 8 years. But again, that is WORST case scenario.

I am sure they will pay SS, Medicare and active duty military but from what I saw tonight with CNN running the numbers after that not much else can be paid that includes veterans. Not going to be pretty.

And Joe Scarborough disagrees with you that this is the worst case scenario. See my post above

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:06 PM
I need to sit on you and scream for you to get it. Oh wait! That won't work either. :p LMAO

You can sit somewhere but you have to guess

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:07 PM

So active duty military and veterans are parasites? Nice. No wonder you didn't join.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I am sure they will pay SS, Medicare and active duty military but from what I saw tonight with CNN running the numbers after that not much else can be paid that includes veterans. Not going to be pretty.

And Joe Scarborough disagrees with you that this is the worst case scenario. See my post above

Joe also has a tv show on a channel that is ratings challenged.

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 10:08 PM
So active duty military and veterans are parasites? Nice. No wonder you didn't join.

Why is a parasite a negative connotation? A child is a parasite, an employee is a parasite, a company is a parasite.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Awful thought, some kids might actually have to work their way through college. The horror!!!!!

Well, there will be enrollment drops and perhaps the demand will lead to lower prices whereby they will be able to work their way through.

petegz28
07-25-2011, 10:09 PM

They'll all be paid. Do you ever stop and think of all the other bullshit our Fed Gov spends money on? Maybe they need to go without their paychecks? Maybe they need to change the benefits for congress? Maybe they will actually see what bullshit we can actually live without?

FD
07-25-2011, 10:10 PM

People on Social Security are parasites? Veterans?

KCWolfman

As we have never had this situation before, neither Joe nor I have any experience to build upon. I, however, am not hyping for ratings.

BucEyedPea
They'll all be paid. Do you ever stop and think of all the other bullshit our Fed Gov spends money on? Maybe they need to go without their paychecks? Maybe they need to change the benefits for congress? Maybe they will actually see what bullshit we can actually live without?

The could also just defund Obamacare and all of Obama's new spending. I mean really, what's the big deal with all that? I don't see any big deal. I haven't heard this mentioned at all.

petegz28
Well, there will be enrollment drops and perhaps the demand will lead to lower prices whereby they will be able to work their way through.

I know a person who worked not 1, not 2, but 3, yes 3 jobs to work his way through school. Not syaing it's easy or everyone can do it but those who have the desire will find a way.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Joe also has a tv show on a channel that is ratings challenged.

But he has a hot host

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 10:12 PM

Imagine the psychological damage. And what about spring break? You expect them to live in a dorm?

HonestChieffan
07-25-2011, 10:13 PM
I know a person who worked not 1, not 2, but 3, yes 3 jobs to work his way through school. Not syaing it's easy or everyone can do it but those who have the desire will find a way.

I know that guy.

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 10:13 PM

A discussion of a chit system has also been approached.

I agree, I don't see anyone not getting paid.

I do see government studies regarding video games not being funded. I see artists not being paid to put a crucifix in a cup of urine and put it on display.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Why is a parasite a negative connotation? A child is a parasite, an employee is a parasite, a company is a parasite.

A parasite is not a term I would use to call somebody who serves or did serve in our military.

hcf should apologize

a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.

I suppose their life or limbs isn't enough

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 10:15 PM

I did that at times but it wasn't as expensive as it is now. It borders on scam—even the revising of textbooks with minor changes so you can't buy 'em used.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 10:16 PM
A parasite is not a term I would use to call somebody who serves or did serve in our military.

There are good and bad parasites....even in our bodies. Some serve a purpose. Even I agree with having some govt workers.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:17 PM
I would also throw in our warriors in the CIA, FBI and DEA who put their lives on the line everyday so we can post on ChiefsPlanet as not parasites.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2011, 10:18 PM
I would also throw in our warriors in the CIA, FBI and DEA who put their lives on the line everyday so we can post on ChiefsPlanet as not parasites.

Even the torture chambers the CIA has in Somalia where they pay Somalians a few hundred bucks to be informants?

I think we can get rid of those things. Terrorism will probably drop too.

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 10:22 PM

hcf should apologize

I suppose their life or limbs isn't enough

You realize you are talking about less than 3% of the total 80 million, right?

Most government workers produce absolutely no goods whatsoever, they also produce no revenue. Yes, the military does provide a unique service to us (I have two children currently in the AF and USArmy), but I believe you are attempting to extrapolate manufactured concern. Maybe he actually meant 32,186,459 and he automatically subtracted the military?

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:39 PM
You realize you are talking about less than 3% of the total 80 million, right?

Most government workers produce absolutely no goods whatsoever, they also produce no revenue. Yes, the military does provide a unique service to us (I have two children currently in the AF and USArmy), but I believe you are attempting to extrapolate manufactured concern. Maybe he actually meant 32,186,459 and he automatically subtracted the military?

I will just say this I served and I didn't feel I was a parasite and I don't think you feel your kids serving our parasites. I am a little sensitive to people degrading our military people. I am not saying that is what he did but it sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

Regardless I understand there is a lot of people sucking on the government tit and some probably shouldn't be but we are a nation that helps the less fortunate right or wrong and that shouldn't change.

banyon
07-25-2011, 10:43 PM
He's engaging in hyperbole of the typical socialist. All Obama's threats were for the govt not being able to spend.

Actually it was just a comment on your hyperbole that stopping spending would just effect the "government economy" or whatever impractical nonsense you were suggesting.

mnchiefsguy
07-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Okay, I am working job #2 tonight, so I missed the whole speech (I am still at work). Anyone got any cliff notes they would like to share?

KCWolfman
07-25-2011, 10:45 PM
I will just say this I served and I didn't feel I was a parasite and I don't think you feel your kids serving our parasites. I am a little sensitive to people degrading our military people. I am not saying that is what he did but it sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

Regardless I understand there is a lot of people sucking on the government tit and some probably shouldn't be but we are a nation that helps the less fortunate right or wrong and that shouldn't change.

Fair enough.... my apologies

And I thank you for your sacrifice.

Chiefshrink
07-25-2011, 10:48 PM

I get your point but where in the Constitution is "shared sacrifice" stated or even supported??

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Okay, I am working job #2 tonight, so I missed the whole speech (I am still at work). Anyone got any cliff notes they would like to share?

Obama is right and Republicans are wrong

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Fair enough.... my apologies

And I thank you for your sacrifice.

No apologies needed and certaintly no thank you's. Your kids and your family deserve all the thanks.

mnchiefsguy
07-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Obama is right and Republicans are wrong

Thanks! Sounds like the speech was as advertised. No major new proposals or anything.

I will probably not listen to it then when I get home. Was thinking about it, but I don't get done with work till about 2:30 am, and have to be at the other job at 10 am, so I think I will sleep and try to catch some analysis on the radio tomorrow.

Chief Roundup
07-25-2011, 11:23 PM
If they do all of these cuts from the seniors, disabled, medicaid, and medicare, education and there is not tax increases on the rich people and the big corporations. It will not be a fair deal.
If they drasticly cut SS, Disability, Medicaid, Medicare,and education there will be huge other problems that occur.
How happy will the general public be when they have to bring thier family members home from the nursing homes and other institutions? When all the sudden there aren't any pell grants to go to college and get that degree that will allow you to make more money and pay more in in taxes. When the vets stop getting what they have earned. I can't imagine that there will be very many replubicans get enough votes. Because it will affect the seniors, there kids in thier late 40's and early 50's, the grand kids that are in thier 20's and 30's and so on. That will be a huge burden that a large amount of families across this country. With that burden will come hatred for toward the republican parties. Especially if there is not a dollar for dollar, or close to it, burden put on the rich equal to what is being put on the poor.
These cuts to the SS, Medicaid and Medicare will harshly affect the healthcare industry. There will be lots and lots of nursing homes and hospitals made bankrupt and put out of business. When they go out of business there is even more people unemployed.
They are also wanting to all but do away with unemployment.
So if they cut and or do away with all of these programs people aren't going to be able to pay thier rent, thier mortages, electric bills, gas bills, satellite bills, cable bills, etc. Then those business are going to be affected.
How many houses can the banks take back after already having to of been bailed out once? Probably not many before the banks are bankrupt.
How many people will lose thier jobs at the other businesses I mentioned because of these cuts? More people unemployed. And higher prices for those still receiving those services
This is a huge circle that will affect and tremendously hurt all americans.

We as a country need to cut our spending!!!!! But it doesn't need to be done on the backs of those that are on and truely need SS, disability, medicare, medicaid, education and so on.
We need to have a stricter policy to get on disability with time limits. i.e. lets train the disabled to do jobs that they can do that doesn't affect thier disabilities and then they have to get off the system.
The rich need to understand that they have done very well for themselves and they can share more of the burden easier than the seniors and people on SS, etc. can.
These huge corporations making billions of dollars of profit need to pass that profit back to this country and its people that have allowed them to make all those billions of dollars. All corporations I don't give a crap about this political party or that political party and which one donates to this party or that party!!!!!!!!

Every damn president we have ever had has done something wrong and something right. Good for them and shame on them.

In closing I have voted republican and I have voted democrat. I don't worry about the party lines. I make my vote based on the person that is up for election. I do not like any politician! They are all liing, backstabing, agenda filled people that truely don't give a crap about you or I. They just care about themselves and the people that back thier campaigns.

BucEyedPea
07-26-2011, 07:54 AM

There's always You Tube. :p

patteeu
07-26-2011, 11:29 AM

What makes you think Obama would let that happen?

patteeu
07-26-2011, 11:33 AM
The could also just defund Obamacare and all of Obama's new spending. I mean really, what's the big deal with all that? I don't see any big deal. I haven't heard this mentioned at all.

I agree. What would be so traumatic about repealing the outrageous Obama spending that boosted deficits to these unprecedented levels in the first place? I guess all those shovel ready jobs would continue to not be shovel ready.

patteeu
07-26-2011, 11:38 AM

Get your torches and pitchforks and we'll save the country by sharing some sacrifice with those private jet owners that Bush created.

As usual, his speech was just a collection of words.