PDA

View Full Version : Economics So if the bill is Vetoed I am assuming the blame is on the POTUS?

KCWolfman
07-26-2011, 02:24 PM
President Obama threatens veto of any bill sent to him. Progress of a bill includes creation in House, affirmation in the House by the majority, affirmation in the Senate (again by the majority).

http://news.yahoo.com/republican-division-casts-doubt-debt-plan-190608316.html

That pesky debt ceiling review before re-election really bothers this POTUS. I wonder why if he thinks he is compromising?

mlyonsd
07-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Man, who woke you up?

chasedude
07-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Congress gets a 2/3rds majority they don't need to worry about his veto.

Brock
07-26-2011, 02:33 PM
You gonna stick around a while this time?

mlyonsd
07-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Well the WH cover answer is a short term debt ceiling increase could still hurt our credit rating. ;);)

But I don't think anyone really believes that's the real reason.

orange
07-26-2011, 02:45 PM
The blame will be on whoever people assign the blame to. However much you want that to be Obama, it won't be. Because outside of your little circle, Obama WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT, and you know that would have never happened inside your little circle.

Donger
07-26-2011, 02:46 PM
The blame will be on whoever people assign the blame to. However much you want that to be Obama, it won't be. Because outside of your little circle, Obama WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT, and you know that would have never happened inside your little circle.

:spock:

petegz28
07-26-2011, 02:46 PM

Yeah cause the people writing and voting on the bill weren't elected, right?

orange
07-26-2011, 02:47 PM
p.s.

President Obama threatens veto of any bill sent to him.

I believe you know that's a falsehood.

p.p.s.

:spock:

Yeah cause the people writing and voting on the bill weren't elected, right?

Don't tell me you believed the claim?! :doh!:

BucEyedPea
07-26-2011, 03:12 PM

I think someone is stuck in 2008 or living in the past. You don't know who will blame who nor how many of each.

Calcountry
07-26-2011, 03:16 PM
The blame will be on whoever people assign the blame to. However much you want that to be Obama, it won't be. Because outside of your little circle, Obama WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT, and you know that would have never happened inside your little circle.You are wrong. I think you have to look in the mirror, and ask a hard question: "Who's little circle is bigger"?

Calcountry
07-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Obama WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT, . That's past tense dude.

We are in the today right now.

FD
07-26-2011, 03:24 PM
If any bill that raises the ceiling and gets vetoed, that's on Obama.

And it wont happen, its a hollow threat.

petegz28
07-26-2011, 03:27 PM
p.s.

I believe you know that's a falsehood.

p.p.s.

Don't tell me you believed the claim?! :doh!:

All I pointed out was that the other people were elected the same way you felt you needed to point out that Obama was elected.

petegz28
07-26-2011, 03:28 PM
If any bill that raises the ceiling and gets vetoed, that's on Obama.

And it wont happen, its a hollow threat.

There are already stories out about how the WH has been assuring banks there will be no default. Last night was political theater to take a jab at Repubs. Nothing more, nothing less. Pure campaign tactic.

FD
07-26-2011, 03:28 PM
There are already stories out about how the WH has been assuring banks there will be no default. Last night was political theater to take a jab at Repubs. Nothing more, nothing less. Pure campaign tactic.

Agreed.

vailpass
07-26-2011, 03:29 PM

LMAO
How long before Orange hangs himself with a rope made of Hope & Change bumper stickers?

BucEyedPea
07-26-2011, 03:31 PM
My Gawd! America is owned by the banksters now!

Even Republcian Bachus of Alabama said it was government's role to serve the banks. Bankocracy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/you-can-hate-fed-behavior-without-being-a-libertarian-wacko-2011-7?source=patrick.net#yui-main#ixzz1TFJ6KIqB

redsurfer11
07-26-2011, 05:11 PM

The Circle you're in. Is full of Jerks.