PDA

View Full Version : Obama Carney Gets Hit for Ten Minutes on The Obama Plan

petegz28
07-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Or the lack thereof. After bobbing-and-weaving for nine minutes, Carney finally says what everybody knows: the president won’t put his plan on paper because he doesn’t want it to become “politically charged” before a compromise can be reached. In other words, you’ve got to pass it to find out what’s in it:

Video here...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/272768/carney-gets-hit-ten-minutes-obama-plan-daniel-foster

alnorth
07-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Or the lack thereof. After bobbing-and-weaving for nine minutes, Carney finally says what everybody knows: the president won’t put his plan on paper because he doesn’t want it to become “politically charged” before a compromise can be reached. In other words, you’ve got to pass it to find out what’s in it:

Video here...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/272768/carney-gets-hit-ten-minutes-obama-plan-daniel-foster

More accurately, the GOP has decided upon a strategy of "oppose anything Obama proposes" for purely cynical political purposes.

Its fine if it was your idea and Obama reluctantly agrees, that can be spun as "winning", but if Obama proposes it, it is pure evil to the GOP in its current incarnation in the house. Doesn't matter if its a bill supporting puppies and rainbows, if it was Obama's idea, it must be killed with fire.

That is why Obama hasn't written out a debt ceiling deal and released it to the public, it would die because of stupid partisan hackery.

petegz28
07-26-2011, 05:59 PM
More accurately, the GOP has decided upon a strategy of "oppose anything Obama proposes" for purely cynical political purposes.

Its fine if it was your idea and Obama reluctantly agrees, that can be spun as "winning", but if Obama proposes it, it is pure evil to the GOP in its current incarnation in the house. Doesn't matter if its a bill supporting puppies and rainbows, if it was Obama's idea, it must be killed with fire.

That is why Obama hasn't written out a debt ceiling deal and released it to the public, it would die because of stupid partisan hackery.

Yea, that sounds real credible. I as the President didn't put my, uh-hum, plan, out for everyone because I was scared it would get caught up in politics of all things.

That's the kind of leader we need. Scared.

KC Dan
07-26-2011, 07:52 PM
And, he continues to vote "present". Why is anyone surprised?

alnorth
07-26-2011, 10:07 PM
That's the kind of leader we need. Scared.

Make fun of it if you want while ignoring my point, but if its the obvious truth, then its the truth. And, given that its the truth, Obama would be wasting all of our time to put out a plan that gets promptly killed with fire, simply because its his plan, and he cant be given credit for anything, no matter the cost to the country.

Besides that, writing freaking legislation is not his damned job, he's not a legislator. He put out the framework of what he wants, let the legislators write the bills, thats what THEY do, not the president.

Seriously, the GOP is being given basically a "ok guys you win" on a plate and they wont accept it because Obama is offering it and he might possibly be given partial credit for compromising, so they are holding out for a BIGGER win, and the tea party morons are willing to drive us off a cliff to get what they want.

The house GOP could not possibly be more cynical in their blatant partisan hackery. Anything Obama proposes, anything at all, even if its something the GOP asked for 6 months ago, will be killed with fire. Why? Because the house republicans have lost their damned minds.

|Zach|
07-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Make fun of it if you want while ignoring my point, but if its the obvious truth, then its the truth. And, given that its the truth, Obama would be wasting all of our time to put out a plan that gets promptly killed with fire, simply because its his plan, and he cant be given credit for anything, no matter the cost to the country.

Besides that, writing freaking legislation is not his damned job, he's not a legislator. He put out the framework of what he wants, let the legislators write the bills, thats what THEY do, not the president.

Seriously, the GOP is being given basically a "ok guys you win" on a plate and they wont accept it because Obama is offering it and he might possibly be given partial credit for compromising, so they are holding out for a BIGGER win, and the tea party morons are willing to drive us off a cliff to get what they want.

The house GOP could not possibly be more cynical in their blatant partisan hackery. Anything Obama proposes, anything at all, even if its something the GOP asked for 6 months ago, will be killed with fire. Why? Because the house republicans have lost their damned minds.

http://logoscambodia.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/arrow-up-red.png

dirk digler
07-26-2011, 10:37 PM
al is right

A Senate Republican leadership aide emails with subject line “Gang of Six”: “Background guidance: The President killed any chance of its success by 1) Embracing it. 2) Hailing the fact that it increases taxes. 3) Saying it mirrors his own plan.”

Taco John
07-26-2011, 10:42 PM

I don't believe that for a minute. The GOP got a clear mandate in 2010 to fix what is wrong with the American economy and out of control government spending. Obama is clearly going to propose tax increases. The GOP should oppose that, not for cynical political purposes, but for practical political purposes. They'll get killed by the voters if they allow Obama to raise taxes in a recession.

Taco John
07-26-2011, 10:50 PM

Drive us off a cliff? We passed the cliff two years ago. We're on the way down, and are trying to throw open a parachute with a balanced budget amendment.

To the tea party, there's no difference between defaulting now and getting nothing by way of reform now. Either path leads to the same place: economic turmoil. This isn't about political winning for the tea party. It's about reforming this country by getting it off the debt drugs. Business as usual means continuing to circle the drain. We can't just kick this can down the road. The time to act was yesterday.

go bowe
07-26-2011, 10:56 PM
I don't believe that for a minute. The GOP got a clear mandate in 2010 to fix what is wrong with the American economy and out of control government spending. Obama is clearly going to propose tax increases. The GOP should oppose that, not for cynical political purposes, but for practical political purposes. They'll get killed by the voters if they allow Obama to raise taxes in a recession.

what do you mean they'll get killed?

will conservative republicans vote for obama or joe democrat for congress?

regular republicans?

republican lights?

or do you think the tea party will win many more primaries and gain more seats in the house and in the senate?

Taco John
07-26-2011, 11:17 PM
what do you mean they'll get killed?

will conservative republicans vote for obama or joe democrat for congress?

regular republicans?

republican lights?

or do you think the tea party will win many more primaries and gain more seats in the house and in the senate?

Did you not witness 2010? Did you think that was a flash in the pan or something? The Republican establishment knows better. They see what's happening in the county and state caucuses. They see the new faces. They're scared to death. They saw what happened to Mike Castle in Delaware. He was a shoe in, but the Tea Party wouldn't vote for someone who was going to wear an R and vote with D's, so they nominated whoever was prettiest and would toe the line, and sent a message to the Republican establishment.

I have ZERO doubts that the tea party is going to make a serious impact in the 2012 election. They will win more primaries, gain more seats, AND turn out more Republicans to pasture - maybe they'll lose some seats along the way, but they'll send a message all the same.

KCWolfman
07-27-2011, 12:52 AM

Then why state he has a plan in mind? Your reason doesn't make any sense.

petegz28
07-27-2011, 05:47 AM
If you are the President and are scared to release your plan because of political criticism then you are just weak and know your plan wasn't a very good one to beign with. Instead, you go on TV, tell the people to call their Congressman but yet you offer nothing to the people in the form of what plan you have.

Yea, that's strong leadership there.

petegz28
07-27-2011, 05:47 AM

Yeah because the House Dems never did any of that sort of thing to Bush. :rolleyes:

BucEyedPea
07-27-2011, 06:09 AM
Partisanship is exactly what is needed now because it vets bad legislation. Bipartisanship has done nothing but screwed Americans. It's about time there was some opposition in our govt. Gridlock is wonderful!

|Zach|
07-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Yeah because the House Dems never did any of that sort of thing to Bush. :rolleyes:

OMGeezers you invoked BUssshhh!

ACK!

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/mpb/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/seven_robot_05.jpg

LOCOChief
07-27-2011, 08:47 AM
No budget and want's to raise the credit limit??? And the teaparty is pushing us off a cliff?

People are going to OWE the teaparty folks a big thank you when we save you from yourselves.

KCWolfman
07-27-2011, 10:54 AM

ACK!

I imagine "He who shall not be named" will be mentioned so much by the current POTUS over the next 2 years in his game of CYA that one will think they are dating one another.

|Zach|
07-27-2011, 11:07 AM
I imagine "He who shall not be named" will be mentioned so much by the current POTUS over the next 2 years in his game of CYA that one will think they are dating one another.

That is the funny thing. People get all emotional and dramatic about it....until they themselves do it.

ROYC75
07-27-2011, 01:07 PM

He has not put one out because of it possibly failing and looking bad to his credit with an upcoming election. He plays partisan politics and threatens to veto anything that isn't sent by a Democratic congressman or senator. He plays the blame game as fast as he can, as often as he can to maximize damage control. This is not a leader, it's a follower, you do the work, I won't offer my comments unless it's my job to limit damage control. Seriously, he acts like a spoiled brat.

Funny you mentioned anything, like the budget proposal he put forward that went down to a 97-0 vote? That one was all Obama baby!

The guy is in over his head and yet we should trust him and his minions with another 4 years?:shake:

ROYC75
07-27-2011, 01:11 PM

ACK!

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/mpb/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/seven_robot_05.jpg

Hey look, it's a stripped down version of an Obot.

|Zach|
07-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Hey look, it's a stripped down version of an Obot.

Hey look. Roy isn't even giving us lip service about being a moderate this year. Thank god...that must have been tiring holding that sham up.

ROYC75
07-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Hey look. Roy isn't even giving us lip service about being a moderate this year. Thank god...that must have been tiring holding that sham up.

Sorry Zach , it was you that posted a pic of yourself. I could see why this was disturbing, clothes off and your pants pulled down. Maybe you can get Obama to do some damage control for ya ?

|Zach|
07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Sorry Zach , it was you that posted a pic of yourself. I could see why this was disturbing, clothes off and your pants pulled down. Maybe you can get Obama to do some damage control for ya ?

:spock:

vailpass
07-27-2011, 02:16 PM

LMAO Oh my god.

ROYC75
07-27-2011, 03:05 PM
:spock:

Gee, you have no sense of humor?

You see, IMHO, the pic didn't serve your post any justice, so I changed it to look as an undressed Obot.

You got butthurt and had to comment back with an Spock smiley, so I just added you name to it and claimed you were undressed. You know, an Obot in commission is a clothed intruder dressed as an American citizen, taken over by the evil Empire of Obamanomics.Again, you didn't like the humor because it hit too close to home. Oh well, I knew that would get to ya.

Ya know Zach, there isn't any sense in explaining this to you, you fail to see comedy in anything to do with yourself. I can laugh at myself, things about myself, etc. You on the other hand have a very big problem about anybody cracking a little fun at you or things about you.

Enjoy your day.

|Zach|
07-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Gee, you have no sense of humor?

You see, IMHO, the pic didn't serve your post any justice, so I changed it to look as an undressed Obot.

You got butthurt and had to comment back with an Spock smiley, so I just added you name to it and claimed you were undressed. You know, an Obot in commission is a clothed intruder dressed as an American citizen, taken over by the evil Empire of Obamanomics.Again, you didn't like the humor because it hit too close to home. Oh well, I knew that would get to ya.

Ya know Zach, there isn't any sense in explaining this to you, you fail to see comedy in anything to do with yourself. I can laugh at myself, things about myself, etc. You on the other hand have a very big problem about anybody cracking a little fun at you or things about you.

Enjoy your day.

I had no idea what you were talking about. Out of nowhere you talked about my pants being down.

There are about a billion examples of me making fun of myself on this board. But it usually requires someone being funny.

I will leave your tin foil fringe opinions in the corner where they usually stay marginalized and irrelevant.

ROYC75
07-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I had no idea what you were talking about. Out of nowhere you talked about my pants being down.

There are about a billion examples of me making fun of myself on this board. But it usually requires someone being funny.

I will leave your tin foil fringe opinions in the corner where they usually stay marginalized and irrelevant.

Hey now, not everything I say is unimportant, when I speak about you it is usually spot on.

alnorth
07-27-2011, 04:59 PM
LMAO Oh my god.

Yeah I know. The scarey truth is so incredible, one doesn't know whether to laugh or cry.

A Senate Republican leadership aide emails with subject line “Gang of Six”: “Background guidance: The President killed any chance of its success by 1) Embracing it. 2) Hailing the fact that it increases taxes. 3) Saying it mirrors his own plan.”

alnorth
07-27-2011, 05:01 PM

Well Bush, and Clinton, and the other Bush, etc, like most presidents, and like Obama during the health care debate, does not write legislation. Its not their job, and this whole "you didn't release your own plan" argument is silly no matter which direction it comes. The primary reason why the opposition party wants a president to release a plan, and the primary reason why no sane president would do so in a major issue (aside from the annual budget), is that the debate then gets buried in stupid irrelevant nit-picky minutia.

Obama would sign a wide variety of plans, and would likely veto a wide variety of plans. He's given his outline and his absolute requirements, it is the job of congress to work out details.

petegz28
07-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Well Bush, and Clinton, and the other Bush, etc, like most presidents, and like Obama during the health care debate, does not write legislation. Its not their job, and this whole "you didn't release your own plan" argument is silly no matter which direction it comes. The primary reason why the opposition party wants a president to release a plan, and the primary reason why no sane president would do so in a major issue (aside from the annual budget), is that the debate then gets buried in stupid irrelevant nit-picky minutia.

Obama would sign a wide variety of plans, and would likely veto a wide variety of plans. He's given his outline and his absolute requirements, it is the job of congress to work out details.

He is the leader of this country. At the least he needs to be involved in getting shit done instead of giving speeches and sitting back while everyone else does the work. And that means not storming out of talks because the going is getting tough.

And what is exactly is his outline? It changes daily.

Finally, according to his mouthpiece, he does have a plan and is scared to present it. Which is weak-ass, bullshit.