PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Don't mess with Joe Pesci

Frankie
07-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Joe Pesci Would Like Some ‘Gotti’ Cash For His Weight Gain

We're not saying that Joe Pesci is maybe getting a little content in his old age, but do you realize he has made two movies in 13 years? After "Lethal Weapon 4" in 1998, he essentially retired, showing up only in a walk-on role in Robert DeNiro's "The Good Shepherd" before a "comeback" performance in Taylor Hackford's derided "Love Ranch" last year. The guy mostly just hangs out these days, hosting golf tournaments and enjoying life. But as he approaches his 70th birthday, he has made a decision to get back into acting, with "Love Ranch" just an intro: His big return was supposed to be in the long-delayed, troubled "Gotti," with Barry Levinson directing Al Pacino, Lindsay Lohan and John Travolta as the Teflon Don himself. Pesci was supposed to be in the movie. He might still be. But Pesci's probably gonna have to stop suing the film's producers first.

Pesci filed suit yesterday claiming he had been offered $3 million to play Angelo Ruggiero, on of Gotti's capos, a major role in the film. Once the film had been promoted to investors as starring Pesci in a big part, the lawsuit says, they took the part away from him and offered him a smaller role at a smaller ($1 million) salary. But that's not the worst part:

"[Pesci] has since ended his very strict and healthy diet, and has so far gained approximately 30 pounds in anticipation of playing Ruggiero, who was well known for his heavy and stocky build."

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/LKf6gPSV7lc9jkaIbFXG0Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTE5MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/theprojector/255_pesci_072811.jpg

The picture above of taken of Pesci at his golf tournament last month, and we dunno, we think he looks all right for a guy who's almost 70 and hasn't worked in a decade. As a general rule, though, we love this as grounds for a lawsuit. So, which producer is Val Kilmer gonna sue?

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-projector/joe-pesci-gotti-cash-weight-gain-140452400.html

Bump
07-28-2011, 01:21 PM
I wonder if he can still put out that hardcore gangster style he has done so well in the past.

cardken
07-29-2011, 06:28 AM
I wonder if he can still put out that hardcore gangster style he has done so well in the past.

In answer to your inquiry...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys0cmMiW6bI Laughed my ass of after seeing this.

Easy 6
07-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Their first mistake was casting Travolta as Gotti... :facepalm:

Frankie
07-29-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm not a big Travolta fan, but he could be made to look a lot like Gotti.

Otter
07-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Angelo Ruggiero was kind of nuts, as in homeless man ranting on the street corner 'nuts', if I remember correctly. Pesci should be able to nail this one if they can take about 40 years off his natural appearance. Well, and if he gets it.

We're due for a good mob movie. :thumb:

Otter
07-29-2011, 12:30 PM

I can see that decision going either really good or really bad.

Easy 6
07-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm not a big Travolta fan, but he could be made to look a lot like Gotti.

I just dont see it Frankie, doesnt look like him in the face & isnt built anything like him either.

Otter - couldnt agree more, its been way to long since the last good (italian) mob movie. DeNiro, Pesci & Scorsese owe it to everyone to do one last flic.

BWillie
07-29-2011, 03:34 PM
I wish DeNiro was still young. He is absolutely the best in mobster movies, even in bad guy good guy roles like in Heat. Absolutely brilliant.

BigChiefFan
07-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I think Travolta is one of the worst actors around. When he's on, he does a decent job, but when he's bad, he's terrible. I think casting him as Gotti is a disaster waiting to happen.

kysirsoze
07-29-2011, 06:14 PM
If the weight gain was requested by the studio, I think this sounds like a reasonable lawsuit. Gaining that kind of weight can be pretty bad on your health, especially at that age.