PDA

View Full Version : Elections Pew Poll: Obama loses ground while Tea Party picks up steam

Taco John
07-28-2011, 03:19 PM
http://people-press.org/2011/07/28/obama-loses-ground-in-2012-reelection-bid/

Donger
07-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Heh.

And Perry’s lead is substantial among highly attentive Tea Party supporters. Perry has the backing of 29% of Republicans and Republican-leaners who agree with the Tea Party. That is nearly double the backing for the next closest candidate, Herman Cain (16%). The overall frontrunner, Mitt Romney, receives the backing of 11% of highly engaged Tea Party voters.

Taco John
07-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't know much about Perry, but I have the sense that I'd find him a lot more attractive than Romney.

BucEyedPea
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Heh.

And Perry’s lead is substantial among highly asleep in their paddocks Tea Party supporters. Perry has the backing of 29% of Republican-Sheep and Republican-Sheep-leaners who agree with the Tea Party. That is nearly double the backing for the next closest candidate, Herman Cain (16%). The overall frontrunner, communist Mitt Romney, receives the backing of 11% of highly engaged Tea Party voters.

FYP

Oh and they cannot be real Tea Partiers but are hijackers! They are fooled by Perry's Ron Paul rhetoric which he has stolen and has no intention of any follow-through on.

BucEyedPea
07-28-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't know much about Perry, but I have the sense that I'd find him a lot more attractive than Romney.

Well, he was the snake that helped defeat the TSA bill in Texas. It was the Texas GOP that deliberately re-districted Paul's district to include more minorities and union workers. Perry supported a rise in the state franchise tax and a controversial property tax reform bill stabbing fiscal conservatives in the back. Like the other Texas Republican governor George W. Bush, Perry would make a terrible president. He was courted by the Republican Establishment to run and I believe so in order to water down votes that could go to Paul. You should catch up over a Lew's. Perry is a NeoCon, another one from Texas, in Tea Partier's clothing.

Another betrayal will be coming.

Jenson71
07-28-2011, 04:10 PM

Basing candidates on a sliding scale rather than boxing them in as either Holy of Holies or anti-Americans is not the Lew Rockwell way! You need to fall in line, Private.

orange
07-28-2011, 04:43 PM
That's an interesting poll all the way through. The last question I think is the best: the TP demographics. It pretty much reinforces what has been tossed around - that the TPers are significantly older, richer, whiter, more evangelical, and more involved (registered) than the rest of the GOP. Also much more male (that's new). And it sticks a fork in the idea that TPers are "independents." It doesn't sound like many of the Paulists or Libertarians are still around.

This might have been the poll Al North, Amnorix, or dirk digler had in mind in another thread earlier this week.

BucEyedPea
07-28-2011, 04:45 PM
That's an interesting poll all the way through. The last question I think is the best: the TP demographics. It pretty much reinforces what has been tossed around - that the TPers are significantly older, richer, whiter, more evangelical, and more involved (registered) than the rest of the GOP. Also much more male (that's new). And it sticks a fork in the idea that TPers are "independents." It doesn't sound like many of the Paulists or Libertarians are still around.

This might have been the poll Al North, Amnorix, or dirk digler had in mind in another thread earlier this week.

Some of them are Independents such as the original ones. These cats want to keep their medicare intact too.

Taco John
07-28-2011, 04:47 PM

Not sure what baseline you are using to come to this conclusion, but this hasn't been my experience at all based on the circles that I run in.

orange
07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Not sure what baseline you are using to come to this conclusion

The fact that Rebublican/Independent ratio is identical across the board. They're just Republicans (including those who claim "Independent").

petegz28
07-28-2011, 04:51 PM

Damn, dude threw out the race card, religion card, class warfare and gender card in one swoop.

orange
07-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Damn, dude threw out the race card, religion card, class warfare and gender card in one swoop.

I didn't ask the questions, fool.

Cannibal
07-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Other than any overzealous religious types... (Palin, Bachman, Perry etc.) I'm finding myself not really caring who gets elected. Nothing ever changes in any significant way. Other than the Healthcare bill, Obama has just continued all of Bushes major economic and foreign policies. So go right ahead a take him down Right Wingers. He's far too weak and plays on the right side of the argument far too often.

Just don't nominate any religious nut jobs. If you nominate Palin or Bachman I will be voting Obama again.

Discuss Thrower
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm going to laugh when tea partiers get co-opted into supporting a Neocon like Perry or Romney in the 2012 election. I'm talking a full on Count Zarth belly laugh.

Calcountry
07-28-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm going to laugh when tea partiers get co-opted into supporting a Neocon like Perry or Romney in the 2012 election. I'm talking a full on Count Zarth belly laugh.I am going to cry, when in November 2012 we have 16 trillion in debt and interest rates are rising.

Discuss Thrower
07-28-2011, 09:14 PM
I am going to cry, when in November 2012 we have 16 trillion in debt and interest rates are rising.

It will happen regardless if Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, or anyone ideologically between is in charge. People want nanny state entitlements, and people don't want to cut defense budget which enriches the Military-Industrial Complex.

It's the perfect storm of shit bro.

RINGLEADER
07-28-2011, 09:14 PM

I found this to be an interesting read...

http://www.texasmonthly.com/2011-08-01/btl.php

RINGLEADER
07-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Some of them are Independents such as the original ones. These cats want to keep their medicare intact too.

Read a fascinating article about how we're all doomed because no one wants to give up their goodies. And the group that feels entitled to the most goodies are going to become one of the largest and most active voting blocks (thereby making it harder to curtail their goodies in the future). Basically, it concluded with a lot of economic wonk-talk that we'd need to cut at a rate of $15 trillion per decade for the next six decades to really bring things under control and that Obama's continued line referencing the debt as a percentage of the GDP is a joke that's going to blow up around the 2040's when servicing the debt will consume 100% of all revenues.

Cannibal
07-28-2011, 09:38 PM
SS and Medicare should cease to exist right now.

That'll solve our debt crisis and I can watch and laugh as I drive by while the just coming into retirement baby boomers are huddled together under bridges heating up cans of dog food over open fires.

Lets do this shit.

BucEyedPea
07-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Read a fascinating article about how we're all doomed because no one wants to give up their goodies. And the group that feels entitled to the most goodies are going to become one of the largest and most active voting blocks (thereby making it harder to curtail their goodies in the future). Basically, it concluded with a lot of economic wonk-talk that we'd need to cut at a rate of $15 trillion per decade for the next six decades to really bring things under control and that Obama's continued line referencing the debt as a percentage of the GDP is a joke that's going to blow up around the 2040's when servicing the debt will consume 100% of all revenues.

Hmmm...makes sense. Then again GDP includes govt spending too. People don't think about that when they use it.

BucEyedPea
07-28-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm going to laugh when tea partiers get co-opted into supporting a Neocon like Perry or Romney in the 2012 election. I'm talking a full on Count Zarth belly laugh.

I won't be co-opted. I will be called impractical for it too.

Taco John
07-29-2011, 03:47 AM
SS and Medicare should cease to exist right now.

That'll solve our debt crisis and I can watch and laugh as I drive by while the just coming into retirement baby boomers are huddled together under bridges heating up cans of dog food over open fires.

Lets do this shit.

Baked beans cost less than dog food.

Cannibal
07-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Baked beans cost less than dog food.

Stop ruining my fantasy! :)