PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Reid: "The Only Compromise There Is, Is Mine"

petegz28
07-29-2011, 01:59 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/07/29/reid_the_only_compromise_there_is_is_mine.html

"Obvious what is being done in the House is not compromise. It is being jammed through with all kinds of non-transparent dealings, people shuffling in and out of the Republican Leader's office. We're recognizing that the only compromise that there is, is mine," Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) said.

petegz28
07-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Sounds a little familiar doesn't it? Can you say Obamacare???

Chief Faithful
07-29-2011, 02:08 PM
What a joke, Reid set conditions just like the House.

Amnorix
07-29-2011, 02:36 PM
How about the Tea Party then, because their inflexiblity invites the other side to say fuck off, if you're not going to bend, neither will we.

Amnorix
07-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Sounds a little familiar doesn't it? Can you say Tea Party???

FYP

Otter
07-29-2011, 02:52 PM
FYP

You know what, the Tea Party came to be because professional politicians ****ed shit up so much that we're at this point. **** Reid, anyone like him or anyone who supports them. It's their fault we're at this point from all ends of the spectrum.

God forbid a couple people don't want to kick the can down road until we collapse.

**** them, lets collapse if we have to. At least we won't be living in the house of cards created by these ****ing scumbags and leave our children and grandchildren with this problem 15 years from now.

Put the blame where it belongs not on a group that's been created because of career politicians failure to not only address the problem but make it worse year in and year out. The Tea Party wouldn't exist if it weren't for those scumbags inability to address the issues.

Amnorix
07-29-2011, 02:55 PM
You know what, the Tea Party came to be because professional politicians ****ed shit up so much that we're at this point. **** Reid, anyone like him or anyone who supports them. It's their fault we're at this point from all ends of the spectrum.

God forbid a couple people don't want to kick the can down road until we collapse.

**** them, lets collapse if we have to. At least we won't be living in the house of cards created by these ****ing scumbags and leave our children and grandchildren with this problem 15 years from now.

Put the blame where it belongs not on a group that's been created because of career politicians failure to not only address the problem but make it worse year in and year out. The Tea Party wouldn't exist if it weren't for those scumbags inability to address the issues.

To a large degree, I agree with you re: why the tea party came into existence. Sad to say. The let it collapse bit is foolishness, however. No reason it has to collapse.

petegz28
07-29-2011, 03:00 PM
How about the Tea Party then, because their inflexiblity invites the other side to say **** off, if you're not going to bend, neither will we.

Don't be butthurt because he is crying about the very thing he did with health care.

RedNeckRaider
07-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Sounds a little familiar doesn't it? Can you say Obamacare???

No kidding, pretty rich from that shitbag~

patteeu
07-29-2011, 03:19 PM
How about the Tea Party then, because their inflexiblity invites the other side to say **** off, if you're not going to bend, neither will we.

Who do you think is more serious about curbing our deficit spending problems, the tea party Republicans or democrats and Republicans who would support Reid's so-called compromise?

Taco John
07-29-2011, 03:28 PM
To a large degree, I agree with you re: why the tea party came into existence. Sad to say. The let it collapse bit is foolishness, however. No reason it has to collapse.

Time is on our side. The tea party actually doesn't lose much politically if we default, despite what you might think. If we default, the balanced budget amendment will be very attractive and even seem sensible to the average American. It already polls 2-1 in favor of it. Certainly, there will be a lot of people who will blame the tea party, but there will be just as many saying that congress not passing a budget for two years, and the spending of the last X years are what led to this, not the people trying to force congress to pass a balanced budget.

If the Tea Party thought they'd be hurt by a default, they'd be quick to deal. But they don't believe it would hurt them politically at all.

Do the math. If we were to default, a balanced budget amendment would soar in popularity and anyone obstructing it from happening would get slaughtered on the campaign trail. Absolutely slaughtered.

HonestChieffan
07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Harry gave them the out...say no, and quote him back on compromise with an offer make him drown in his one vile spit

petegz28
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
It is rahter ironic that he is pounding his fist saying no to Boehner yet then talking about compromise.

mlyonsd
07-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Do the math. If we were to default, a balanced budget amendment would soar in popularity and anyone obstructing it from happening would get slaughtered on the campaign trail. Absolutely slaughtered.That or if the idea the republicans were the cause say hello to dems holding all the cards again after 2012.

BigChiefFan
07-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Goose meet gander.

dirk digler
07-29-2011, 03:42 PM
I could be wrong but his bill is going to be supported by McConnell or part of McConnell's bill will be part of Reid's bill to get support.

The Village Idiot
07-29-2011, 03:47 PM
I seriously dont see how this hurts the repubs or teapartiers, at all. The house will have passed two measures to solve this issue. The Senate hasnt presented or voted on a single measure at all. When the house passes this latest one, with the BBA, they can go on cruise mode. "We passed two...you didnt even vote on either...and you still havent presented anything"

This reminds me of an ex-gf, we are in the movie rental store. Please forgive the story..

Me: What do you want to watch tonight?
Her: I dont know..what do you want to watch?
Me: How about this?
Her: Nope..I dont want to watch that
Me: How about this one then? Or what do you want to watch?
Her: No, I dont know
Me: And this one?
Her: Nope
Me: ...Ok what about this one, everyone loves this one
Her: Nah, I dont want to watch that one.
Me: Well what one do you want to watch?
Her: I dont know!

At this point we've walked all the way around the store..with nothing to watch.
Me: Ok fck it, I'm getting one I want to see then.

So I grabbed something I wanted, after that no more rental movies with her.

Taco John
07-29-2011, 03:48 PM
That or if the idea the republicans were the cause say hello to dems holding all the cards again after 2012.

I don't buy that at all.

1) I believe that the financial problems that we have now are serious and will persist throughout the Obama presidency - especially if there are no reforms.
2) Obama is already losing serious ground with independents, and the Tea Party is currently the most growing and active political base in America (Source (http://people-press.org/2011/07/28/obama-loses-ground-in-2012-reelection-bid/))

It's going to be a tough sell that the tea party republicans are the cause of our financial problems when they are the ones trying to balance the budget. Who is going to convince the average American that balancing the budget during a time of economic crisis is a bad thing?

The short term focus might be on the debt ceiling, but the long term focus is going to be on the debt.

Chiefshrink
07-29-2011, 03:52 PM

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::thumb:

What's the ole saying? "When you want something done right, you have to do it yourself". Well "We The People" have finally realized we can no longer trust DC to do as "We The People" want. Therefore the "House and Senate" will continue to get a "cleaning" from "We The People" (a la Tea Party) as time goes on with more victorious elections in the future.

As I have said before and will say it again and again the DC elites especially the RINO establishment will be our biggest enemy in the beginning until we can get "conservative majority".

People can "Alinskyize" the Tea Party all they want but in reality it's like Mom and Dad coming back from a trip trusting their teenage kids to be responsible with the house only to find out there has been one helluva irresponsible party going on and now the "hammer has come down". Now you are seeing the "teenagers"(a la Marxist Dems, RINO Repubs, Marxist Media, and especially the DC so-called "Conservative Media") throw their "Alinskyite temper tantrums".

I say tough sh**:thumb:

Rock on Otter!! Excellent post!

Chiefshrink
07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
It is rahter ironic that he is pounding his fist saying no to Boehner yet then talking about compromise.

Here is what is going on Pete and why this is a trap. Excerpt from yesterday's Limbaugh show.

They don't want to head off passage of the Boehner bill. They want the Boehner bill to pass in the house. There's a trap essentially that's being set, and I noticed that there's an AP story, and way down at the AP story: "In fact, Boehner's plan has enough in common with Reid's -- including the establishment of a special congressional panel to recommend additional spending cuts this fall -- that Reid hinted a compromise could be easy to snap together," between his nonexistent bill and the Boehner bill. What does that mean? What it means is that over in the Senate Reid really doesn't have a bill. He's got an idea, but he doesn't have a bill. And what he's put forth as an idea hasn't gotten all that much support. But here comes, let's say the House, and Boehner doesn't have the votes in the House yet according to Politico. And this is key. That was as of 9:30 this morning and they're going to be working the Republican caucus all day long before the vote tonight. But, as of now, Boehner doesn't have the votes for his bill. But let's assume he gets the votes. The Boehner bill then goes to the Senate where it's dead on arrival. There are 58 senators that are going to vote against it, by design. However, they've got a bill over there now.

So Dingy Harry can take the Boehner bill and tweak it and rewrite it, make additions to it, take some things out of it, play with it however he wants, and get enough votes from Democrats since it becomes the Reid bill, and then it gets sent back to Boehner in the House looking nothing like his bill, but the rationale for passing the Boehner bill in the House is we've got to do this, the time is up, we're not going to get blamed. So if Reid monkeys around with the bill that he gets from Boehner, and it passes in the Senate, with whatever changes that are not favorable to us, of course, they throw it back in Boehner's lap, and then the pressure is going to be back on Boehner.

Okay, do you sign the Reid bill? Do you pass it? Do you get your guys to vote for it and send it to Obama, basically a Democrat bill. That is what a lot of people -- and I sign on to the theory, too -- this is one of the traps that's being set. The Boehner bill is essentially being used to be a foundation for a nonexistent as of yet Reid bill. And thereby the Boehner bill becomes the Reid bill, therefore Democrat bill all in the absence of an Obama plan. No Obama plan at all in this.

There's no Obama bill. There's nothing set down on paper. So the Reid bill will become the Obama bill. The Boehner plan will become the Obama plan. I think that's the trap. And, of course, the establishment, Republicans are all gung ho. "Gotta get this done. It's the best we can get." Because they're telling themselves there aren't any tax increases in it, and there aren't. There aren't any tax increases in the Boehner bill. And there are spending cuts and there are caps, but what happens when that goes over to the Senate and Reid says, "You know what, I like some of this and I don't like that. Let's take some of this out and put some of this in," and gets his votes for it and the Boehner bill becomes something unrecognizable, then goes back to the House, what are they going to do? They've already passed the Boehner bill under the guise that we can't wait any longer, that AAA credit rating is in jeopardy, all this rotgut BS.

Chiefshrink
07-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I seriously dont see how this hurts the repubs or teapartiers, at all..

It reality it really doesn't hurt "We The People"(a la Tea Party) although you would not know that listening to the cowardly DC conservative media and the mainstream Marxist Media.

Times are different and the majority of America sees through Obama now and contrary to trumped up "Alinsky tactics" the Independents are not fleeing to Obama. Matter of fact they are fleeing from Obama more and more everyday.

Tea Party basically is calling O's bluff. Even "Alinsky" on steroids will not work this time even if the sky truly falls:thumb:

Tea Party are the only adults in DC but you wouldn't know that based on the the majority of reporting:rolleyes:

teedubya
07-30-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't understand the August 2nd deadline... it seems like posturing. They are already about 65 Billion OVER the debt ceiling. My guess is the congressmen want their vacation.