PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Didn't Know Reid's Bill Raised Taxes

RINGLEADER
07-31-2011, 12:11 AM
...by allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire.

Amnorix
08-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Grover WhatsHisFace, who holds the ring that all Republicans must kiss when it comes to tax increases, has officially declared that letting the tax cuts expire is not raising taxes.

FishingRod
08-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Call it what ever one would like but, for the married couple that has an adjusted gross of 50K, Uncle sam is going to want $500 a month more than they are taking now. That is assuming the tiny little cuts that the little guy got expire too.

BucEyedPea
08-01-2011, 10:19 AM
The debt deal is essentially a fraud. The cuts may not even be real but imaginary. There's no such thing as a future spending cut. I don't know of any federal program, agency or department being abolished either. Does anyone else?

mlyonsd
08-01-2011, 10:23 AM
The debt deal is essentially a fraud. The cuts may not even be real but imaginary. There's no such thing as a future spending cut. I don't know of any federal program, agency or department being abolished either. Does anyone else?

This is a 'kick it down the road' compromise. Everyone knows that.

FishingRod
08-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I made an error on the 50K taxes in that I simply looked at the Jump from 15% to 27% and ran that as a flat amount. My bad.

VAChief
08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Grover WhatsHisFace, who holds the ring that all Republicans must kiss when it comes to tax increases, has officially declared that letting the tax cuts expire is not raising taxes.

It's called a rectum...you can say it in here... no need for metaphors.