PDA

View Full Version : Economics Get with it - understand The Republis' "Two Santa Claus" theory

Ugly Duck
08-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Initiated about 1974, Republis embraced the Two Santa Claus theory. They follow that policy still. You can't really understand the craziness we're presently suffering under til you understand that Republi policy. Goes like this: Cut taxes & spend like a drunken sailor when a Republi is in the White House, then scream bloody murder about the debt when a Democrat is in office.

http://kkak.typepad.com/blog/2010/04/the-two-santa-claus-theory-understanding-republican-rhetoric.html

Thats exactly what we've been seeing since President Obama was elected. $12 trillion of the $14 trillion debt was racked up by Reagan & the Bushes, yet the less astute among us point at our President & squeal that he did it. And much of the debt that President Obama will rack up is interest on the Republi's lions share of the debt. RWNJs need to read up on the Republi policies instead of just knee-jerking in reaction to what they hear from corporate news orgs & Faux. Educate yourselves about the history of the policies that you espouse. (Gawd, I'm good! I just love myself!)

http://zfacts.com/p/1170.html

blaise
08-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't think you realize that when you type, "Republis" it makes you look like a complete retard.

Chiefshrink
08-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Baseline budgeting was initiated and given to the Dems by Nixon in 1974 and we have not been dealing with "real numbers" in the budget since that time and it was only a matter of time until our phony numbers would catch up to us:rolleyes:

Calcountry
08-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Baseline budgeting was initiated and given to the Dems by Nixon in 1974 and we have not been dealing with "real numbers" in the budget since that time and it was only a matter of time until our phony numbers would catch up to us:rolleyes:Oh, gee, isn't that when the world went off the gold standard and on the Bretton Woods agreement? Wow, what a coincidence.

Tricky Dick did it again.

BigChiefFan
08-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Oh, gee, isn't that when the world went off the gold standard and on the Bretton Woods agreement? Wow, what a coincidence.

Tricky Dick did it again.Very relevant and a point that many ignore. Good post.

Ace Gunner
08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
ha, wow, that's interesting - I was just thinking about that move this morning and how it opened the door to printing $$ without any boundary.

Chiefshrink
08-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Oh, gee, isn't that when the world went off the gold standard and on the Bretton Woods agreement? Wow, what a coincidence.

Tricky Dick did it again.

Went off the gold standard in '73'.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Went off the gold standard in '73'.

'71.

The ol' "Nixon Shock" was actually a pretty good idea when all that stuff was done. The US was teetering on a hyper-inflationary period and losing a ton of ground on the international currency markets. Things were looking pretty nasty and the possibility of a legitimate currency collapse was very real. The hell of it all was that it was pretty much a direct result of increases in social welfare programs combined with increased defense spending in Vietnam (both fueled by the Democrats, most notably LBJ and his D controlled Congress; but I digress). We watered down our dollar and a bunch of countries called the notes due in gold in 1970.

Really, things looked a hell of a lot then like they look now, and for almost the exact same reasons. Yet somehow - nobody seems to have learned anything.

So anyway, Nixon knew we couldn't pay those notes in gold and he knew we had a surplus of dollars printed, so he just said that dollars no longer converted to gold and told foreign nations that they'd get paid in cash, not bullion. It was a pretty brazen move, but one you can make when you're the US and nobody else is (it's fun being a hegemonic power - remember that the next time you want to be just another Nation).

Given the state of the US economy at the time and the number of wolves howling at the door, it was one of the few real answers available to us. In fact, the decision in a vacuum was actually fairly clever. The problem is that it was certainly a pandora's box that has screwed us over pretty squarely ever since.

vailpass
08-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't think you realize that when you type, "Republis" it makes you look like a complete retard.

He's a raiders fan AND an obama supporter. Of course he's retarded.

Ugly Duck
08-03-2011, 08:24 PM

Dude... you are so behind the times. Kewl people drop the last syllable of a political party. The Democratic Party is now referred to as the "Democrat" Party. Following suit, the Republican Party is referred to as the "Republi" Party.