PDA

View Full Version : Elections Potential candidate Rick Perry 2 Days after Gabrielle Giffords returns to Congress

banyon
08-03-2011, 05:58 PM
http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/rick-perry-i-wouldn%E2%80%99t-get-in-if-i-didn%E2%80%99t-have-the-stomach-for-it/

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/files/2011/07/Mark-Darr-Rick-Perry-Arkansans-300x223.jpg

Perry: “America is not going to move forward until we remove restrictions of overtaxation, overregulation and overlitigation on the job creators and free them so the jobs can be created,” he said. “This president is trying to engage in class warfare and shooting high-powered bullets at people who have corporate jets, but the bullets pass through those wealthy people and hit blue-collar workers who rely upon those wealthy individuals who risk the capital to create the jobs.”

Aren't there other ways to make your statement without these unnecessary ballistics references?

This is poor taste.

Brock
08-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Are they never ever supposed to mention guns or bullets ever again?

Reaper16
08-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Trickle-down bulletnomics. This is why we need gun control.

Reaper16
08-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Trickle-down bulletnomics. This is why we need gun control.
Oops. I mean metaphor control.

ChiTown
08-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Why is this even important or relevant?

Radar Chief
08-03-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't get it. Did he say she should be shot or something?
Would you be happier if he just called Democrats "terrorists", "suicide bombers" and associated them with Hezbollah?

suzzer99
08-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Is he going for the republican buzzword record for one small paragraph? Man 4 years of dandy quotes like that is going to be fun. Clearly liberals are just too damn dumb to understand high-level concepts like this.

ROYC75
08-03-2011, 06:30 PM

The left is looking for more ammo?

loochy
08-03-2011, 06:32 PM
http://www.pawsru.org/flash/src/flash12566_look-at-me-herp-derp-nobody-cares.jpg

HonestChieffan
08-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Perry is a terrorist.

CoMoChief
08-03-2011, 06:47 PM
http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/08/rick-perry-i-wouldn%E2%80%99t-get-in-if-i-didn%E2%80%99t-have-the-stomach-for-it/

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/files/2011/07/Mark-Darr-Rick-Perry-Arkansans-300x223.jpg

Perry: “America is not going to move forward until we remove restrictions of overtaxation, overregulation and overlitigation on the job creators and free them so the jobs can be created,” he said. “This president is trying to engage in class warfare and shooting high-powered bullets at people who have corporate jets, but the bullets pass through those wealthy people and hit blue-collar workers who rely upon those wealthy individuals who risk the capital to create the jobs.”

Aren't there other ways to make your statement without these unnecessary ballistics references?

This is poor taste.

You're a god damn crybaby.......have been for a long time on this board.

banyon
08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't get it. Did he say she should be shot or something?
Would you be happier if he just called Democrats "terrorists", "suicide bombers" and associated them with Hezbollah?

I think it's a sad commentary that he would have to do any of that.

Should we always expect our politics to come from the bottom of the gutter and simply take it as a necessity?

I don't think Eisenhower or Coolidge called their opponents terrorists or talked about them shooting Americans did they?

banyon
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
You're a god damn crybaby.......have been for a long time on this board.

I don't even know who the hell you are, but this sure is a great post.

Speaking of whining...

banyon
08-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Are they never ever supposed to mention guns or bullets ever again?

"high-powered" ...Why go there?

Brock
08-03-2011, 06:59 PM

What does that mean? Was Ms. Giffords shot by a "high-powered"?

banyon
08-03-2011, 07:00 PM

This is a political forum, and this is an example of a the way a guy thinks who is running for president that most think will win the nomination.

How people likely to win the presidency think isn't important?

banyon
08-03-2011, 07:02 PM
What does that mean? Was Ms. Giffords shot by a "high-powered"?

No, but it's typically the type associated with assassinations. Why use it at all?

Like I said, it was poor taste, I don't know why he said it at all. If he's getting advice to make statements like these, he should get new advisers, as it doesn't sound very presidential.

HonestChieffan
08-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Obama said during his Twitter town hall that the GOP was holding a gun to the head of the country.

Dear me.

ChiTown
08-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Obama said during his Twitter town hall that the GOP was holding a gun to the head of the country.

Dear me.

Obama is classless.:shake:

AustinChief
08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
No, but it's typically the type associated with assassinations. Why use it at all?

Like I said, it was poor taste, I don't know why he said it at all. If he's getting advice to make statements like these, he should get new advisers, as it doesn't sound very presidential.

NO he used HIGH-POWERED to fit the analogy that the bullets don't just hurt their intended victims but will pass through them and hurt innocent bystanders.

I don't like Perry but it's not a particularly bad analogy to get his point across.

but instead let's make it out to be about something completely unrelated! OMG he said this 14 years to the day after the Oued El-Had and Mezouara massacre!!!!

Radar Chief
08-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I think it's a sad commentary that he would have to do any of that.

Should we always expect our politics to come from the bottom of the gutter and simply take it as a necessity?

I don't think Eisenhower or Coolidge called their opponents terrorists or talked about them shooting Americans did they?

Agreed, its :BS: and should be swept out of Washington. Why don't you start with your side before complaining about anyone elses.

Radar Chief
08-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Obama is classless.:shake:

And just 2 days after Gaby Giffords returned. :shake:

Dave Lane
08-03-2011, 07:32 PM
This is a political forum, and this is an example of a the way a guy thinks who is running for president that most think will win the nomination.

How people likely to win the presidency think isn't important?

Never been for Obama. No one has ever said an unkind word about him in this forum. On the other hand Perry isn't getting elected to anything much less president. Even Texans aren't big fans.

SNR
08-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Washington right now is shooting bullets right through the skulls of the middle class, causing the middle class to go into a coma for a couple weeks, and have to re-learn basic motor skills and speaking again as soon as they come out of it. What's worse is that it's permanent damage to the middle class, causing it to look funny, with its left eye going screwy and crooked

Dallas Chief
08-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Never been for Obama. No one has ever said an unkind word about him in this forum. On the other hand Perry isn't getting elected to anything much less president. Even Texans aren't big fans.

This! He definitely has the antique dealer community up in arms.:drool:

Dave Lane
08-03-2011, 07:47 PM
This! He definitely has the antique dealer community up in arms.:drool:

I just was through there and heard a lot of complaining about him. What has he done to the antique dealers?

Hydrae
08-03-2011, 07:48 PM
But Perry is a gun-toting Texan. This is the way he talks. You want slick political talk, Perry is your man.

And he is actually a tough guy. A couple years ago he was out jogging, pulled a pistol out of a fanny pack and killed a coyote.

I've been in Texas for 12 years, never voted for the man, don't trust the man. But if he runs, I won't be surprised to see him in the White House.

HonestChieffan
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Chris Mathews is a far greater danger except noone watches this cretin:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: It’s also important to remember why she was, why she was coming back. She was shot by a violent act, of course a person using a gun, breaking up a political meeting with a gun, bringing one to a political event which we saw a lot of during the Tea Party demonstrations, people carrying firearms to political events. The violent level of the right-wing in this country, not particularly this case but generally where people feel the need to show firearms at political events, I think that’s a bad development in our history to bring guns to political events. You should come to argue not to show your firearms. And to have now this horrible case of a woman who was shot down in her political act, meeting with her constituents shot, only not dead because of modern medicine and her character and her resilience, that is all part of this story this year, Howard, and I’m not going to forget it.

Dallas Chief
08-03-2011, 07:53 PM
I just was through there and heard a lot of complaining about him. What has he done to the antique dealers?

No more distressed wood!!! ROFL

He didn't do anything to them. I was jerking your chain. But yeah he is so despised that he was (re)elected 3 times. Anyway...

banyon
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Dear me.

Yeah, I remember that, it was dumb too. I won't defend it.

Are you defending this?

banyon
08-03-2011, 07:59 PM
NO he used HIGH-POWERED to fit the analogy that the bullets don't just hurt their intended victims but will pass through them and hurt innocent bystanders.

I don't like Perry but it's not a particularly bad analogy to get his point across.

but instead let's make it out to be about something completely unrelated! OMG he said this 14 years to the day after the Oued El-Had and Mezouara massacre!!!!

It's just tone-deaf is all.

I just wonder if it's emblematic of the kind of rhetoric he's going to aspire to in his campaign, because it should be beneath a frontrunner, shouldn't it?

mlyonsd
08-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Well at least Perry didn't say this to Giffords face.....

Count Vice President Biden among those excited to see Rep. Gabrielle Giffords at the U.S. Capitol yesterday.

Biden, who got advance notice from Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi that Giffords would show up, said the Arizona Democrat called him "Joe" when she saw him.

"I said, 'Now we're both members of the Cracked Head Club,' " Biden is quoted as saying (http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/08/biden-talks-his-meeting-with-giffords-and-more/NcyqlNTBgcSmjeUlP5ua8N/index.html) in The Boston Globe.

HonestChieffan
08-03-2011, 08:17 PM
I like guns. I shoot a lot. Im armed at all times. I reload ammo and stockpile some from time to time.

I don't find his words bothersome. I get bothered by a mountain of debt, people who lie, perverts, bad advertising, and bad wine. Perry using a firearm metaphor is really far down my list of panty wadders.

But you go off half cocked if you want. Its ammo for you. Perry seems like a straight shooter to me.

Oh...just for your inventory of good sayings......Owning a gun doesn't make you armed anymore than owning a piano makes you a musician

Bewbies
08-03-2011, 08:18 PM

I would have preferred if he used the term "atomic bomb" when describing how this administration has handled the economy, that's probably a racist term today though.

KCWolfman
08-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Really? This is a complaint? This man did not mention shooting Giffords. Hell, the last President shot was a Republican, maybe he hates them?

So Biden can call Republicans terrorists and Cohen can call Republicans Nazis and not a single liberal complains?

Are you all caught up in your labeling the mean cruel Republicans so deeply you don't see the hypocritical conundrum you have created?

Taco John
08-03-2011, 09:10 PM
It's just tone-deaf is all.

How is it tone deaf? He's speaking to his base? Perry isn't in the game to win over dudes playing hackey sack or sitting in drum circles.

KCWolfman
08-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Are you defending this?

But you didn't post a thread complaining about it either?

KCWolfman
08-03-2011, 09:12 PM
I would have preferred if he used the term "atomic bomb" when describing how this administration has handled the economy, that's probably a racist term today though.

Only if we are referring to a Japanese American in the House.

BigChiefFan
08-03-2011, 09:12 PM
He's another insider. No thanks.

orange
08-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Count Vice President Biden among those excited to see Rep. Gabrielle Giffords at the U.S. Capitol yesterday.

Biden, who got advance notice from Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi that Giffords would show up, said the Arizona Democrat called him "Joe" when she saw him.

"I said, 'Now we're both members of the Cracked Head Club,' " Biden is quoted as saying in The Boston Globe.

That's just an inside joke in DC that's been going on for a long, long time.

Tuesday, July 20, 1993

At hearing, Specter welcomed to `cracked heads'

It wasn't just the Judiciary Committee, it was a meeting of the "Cracked Head Club" when Sen. Arlen Specter arrived at the hearing for Supreme Court nominee Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Specter sported a "Pennsylvania" baseball cap to hide the scars from recent surgery to remove a brain tumor. Committee Chairman Joseph Biden, who had brain surgery five years ago, took notice.

"I'm one of the few people who can understand why he's wearing that hat," Biden said. "When I had a similar operation, Senator, former President Reagan wrote me a letter . . . and he said: `Dear Joe, welcome to the Cracked Head Club.'

"I thought, being a senator, I had been a member of that club for some time," Specter replied.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19930720&slug=1711973

Dallas Chief
08-03-2011, 09:51 PM

Are you defending this?

There is nothing to defend. Nothing he said was in poor taste. I guess people can't use the words bullet or high powered or hit because Gabbi Giffords got shot by a certified lunatic??? I think you are being a little bit of a sensitive kooze on this. Must be on your man period or something

On the flipside, it is a stupid analogy to use when referring to the Dem's attacks on "the rich". Par for the course for Slick Rick. Can't say I am a huge fan of the guy but when it came down to it he was a far superior choice than the other stiffs he pummeled three elections in a row. I'm not ashamed that I voted for him three times...yet anyway

HonestChieffan
08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
That's just an inside joke in DC that's been going on for a long, long time.

Tuesday, July 20, 1993

At hearing, Specter welcomed to `cracked heads'

It wasn't just the Judiciary Committee, it was a meeting of the "Cracked Head Club" when Sen. Arlen Specter arrived at the hearing for Supreme Court nominee Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Specter sported a "Pennsylvania" baseball cap to hide the scars from recent surgery to remove a brain tumor. Committee Chairman Joseph Biden, who had brain surgery five years ago, took notice.

"I'm one of the few people who can understand why he's wearing that hat," Biden said. "When I had a similar operation, Senator, former President Reagan wrote me a letter . . . and he said: `Dear Joe, welcome to the Cracked Head Club.'

"I thought, being a senator, I had been a member of that club for some time," Specter replied.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19930720&slug=1711973

Bet Gabby got a kick out of that, don't you?

ClevelandBronco
08-03-2011, 10:06 PM

This is poor taste.

I think he scored a head shot.

Thig Lyfe
08-03-2011, 10:12 PM
On the long list of reasons why Rick Perry is an unelectable fucktard, this is somewhere near the bottom.

go bowe
08-03-2011, 10:13 PM

joe means well, he just can't keep his foot out of his mouth...

and i'm sure that perry was not thinking of giffords when he made his comments...

HonestChieffan
08-03-2011, 10:29 PM
joe means well, he just can't keep his foot out of his mouth...

and i'm sure that perry was not thinking of giffords when he made his comments...

What makes you think Joe means well? Joe more and more comes across as nincompoop of the highest order.

go bowe
08-03-2011, 10:40 PM
What makes you think Joe means well? Joe more and more comes across as nincompoop of the highest order.

but he's a lovable nincompoop...

he's not mean-spirited or vain, he's just an incredible foot-stuffer-in-mouther...

he's actually a pretty nice guy for a politician...

it's not his fault he was born a democrat...

KILLER_CLOWN
08-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Weak sauce here, so weak it never had a pulse.

Baby Lee
08-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Really? This is a complaint? This man did not mention shooting Giffords. Hell, the last President shot was a Republican, maybe he hates them?

So Biden can call Republicans terrorists and Cohen can call Republicans Nazis and not a single liberal complains?

Are you all caught up in your labeling the mean cruel Republicans so deeply you don't see the hypocritical conundrum you have created?

It's not a complaint, it's banyon clunkily trying to apply the precepts of that 'frames' seminar he attended once upon a time.

Iowanian
08-04-2011, 07:34 AM

She was shot with a handgun, not a "high powered" rifle. Those are used to shoot coyotes, deer, elk and terrorists and enemies of this country from as far as 1 mile away, you pee drinking crapface.

This comment is out of bounds because Giffords was shot? I beg your pardon kind sir, but American Soldiers have been getting shot with actually high powered assault weapons, rpg and rockets for a decade, and Democrats miss no opportunity to use those type of insinuations about Republicans.

Find a new ant hill upon which to die.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-04-2011, 07:39 AM
IMHO, this is not a big deal. It feeds the PC crowd and nothing more.

gonefishin53
08-04-2011, 08:03 AM
To be fair, the next time someone who is successful because of their hard work, good decisions, and responsible acts is robbed and murdered, we should blame the president's (and media's) vile, hate filled assault on successful Americans.

LVNHACK
08-04-2011, 08:51 AM
but he's a lovable nincompoop...

he's not mean-spirited or vain, he's just an incredible foot-stuffer-in-mouther...

he's actually a pretty nice guy for a politician...

it's not his fault he was born a democrat...

Damn, I can't leave you alone for a cpl years without you going all goofy on me...?.....Biden...is another term for douchebag