PDA

View Full Version : Football Lebron James says LEAVE TEBOW ALONE!

Count Alex's Losses
08-04-2011, 12:59 AM
:LOL:

Aww, how sweet. ROFL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6832410/lebron-james-uses-twitter-support-tim-tebow?campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Opinion on Tim Tebow's NFL future is clearly divided, but count LeBron James among the many fans of the former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback.

James took to Twitter on Wednesday, supporting Tebow and proclaiming, "Tim Tebow will succeed in the NFL. He's a hard worker, a student of the game, a natural born leader and most of all a WINNER! It takes time and he'll be nice."

James' tweets were in response to comments from ESPN NFL analyst Merril Hoge's criticism of Tebow earlier Wednesday on Twitter and "SportsCenter."

Hoge wrote on Twitter: "Sitting watching tape off bronco offense from last year! Orton or Tebow? It's embarrassing to think the broncos could win with tebow!!"

Appearing on "SportsCenter" on Wednesday, Hoge, a former running back with the Pittsburgh Steelers, had harsh words for Tebow.

"He is awful as far as accuracy goes and what's kind of even more disturbing, he's probably worse moving and running around with the football and throwing than he is from the pocket," Hoge said. "Can you get better there? A little bit. If everything is perfect, the pocket, your feet are good, all your fundamentals come into place, the coverage is what you want it, you can be successful. But that doesn't happen at the National Football League. Rarely does that happen."

James, the Miami Heat star who has dealt with his own share of media criticism, then used Twitter to back Tebow late Wednesday night.

"Listened to Merril Hoge today on SC and he was just blasting Tebow. The man hasn't even play a full season and its only his 2nd year in," James wrote. "Guys get on that TV and act like they was all WORLD when they played. How bout encouraging him and wishing him the best instead of hating!!"

Tebow, who is entering his second season with the Denver Broncos, responded to Hoge as well on Twitter, saying, "Hey Merril...... 'ppreciate that."

Count Alex's Losses
08-04-2011, 01:00 AM
How insecure do you have to be to tweet that crap to a studio talking head?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Does James fail at everything?

-King-
08-04-2011, 01:18 AM
James took to Twitter on Wednesday, supporting Tebow and proclaiming, "Tim Tebow will succeed in the NFL. He's a hard worker, a student of the game, a natural born leader and most of all a WINNER! It takes time and he'll be nice."

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9287/ironmanki.jpg

Rausch
08-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Steelers'-HB-level-Stupidity-alert!

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

SNR
08-04-2011, 02:16 AM
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9287/ironmanki.jpgLebron is suggesting that Tebow should go for the knees?

SNR
08-04-2011, 02:26 AM
I normally hate Hoge as an analyst, but this comment on Tebow is one of the best ways to describe his problem as an NFL QB:

"Think of Tebow as simply the best... the GREATEST Clydesdale horse ever. But there's one problem- he's running the Kentucky Derby."

Fruit Ninja
08-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Thats Lebron's problem. Always worried about what others think about him. People have always kissed his ass, he was always the CHOSEN ONE. When that shit backfires a little, he doesnt know how to react.

A little negativity and dude crumbles.

-King-
08-04-2011, 03:07 AM
Lebron is suggesting that Tebow should go for the knees?

Iron Man.....Knee

Iron...Knee

Ironknee

Irony...

:banghead:

kysirsoze
08-04-2011, 03:23 AM
Iron Man.....Knee

Iron...Knee

Ironknee

Irony...

:banghead:

Okay, I'll just say it.

I didn't get it.

listopencil
08-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Thats Lebron's problem. Always worried about what others think about him. People have always kissed his ass, he was always the CHOSEN ONE. When that shit backfires a little, he doesnt know how to react.

A little negativity and dude crumbles.

Which nicely highlights the difference in personalities of the two athletes, as Tebow himself said:

Tebow, who is entering his second season with the Denver Broncos, responded to Hoge as well on Twitter, saying, "Hey Merril...... 'ppreciate that."

Because he uses criticism to motivate himself. So, thanks for the bulletin board material Hoge. Thanks for inspiring my team's almost-rookie QB to work even harder.

listopencil
08-04-2011, 03:31 AM
I normally hate Hoge as an analyst, but this comment on Tebow is one of the best ways to describe his problem as an NFL QB:

"Think of Tebow as simply the best... the GREATEST Clydesdale horse ever. But there's one problem- he's running the Kentucky Derby."

That's cool, because sometimes we go for two.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8KzPirIQkPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kysirsoze
08-04-2011, 03:33 AM
Which nicely highlights the difference in personalities of the two athletes, as Tebow himself said:

Because he uses criticism to motivate himself. So, thanks for the bulletin board material Hoge. Thanks for inspiring my team's almost-rookie QB to work even harder.

"Hard work" is one of those mythic things so vaunted by American society that people literally think it can overcome any adversity. It can't. I was as impressed as anyone by his work in college, but it will take more than hard work to get him over the NFL hump. It will take some kind of coaching that uncovers a store of talent in him never before realized. There is no other reason to think he will suddenly learn how to be an accurate passer simply through "hark work".

Sorry. This is just going to be another one of those things that other AFCW teams laugh at the Broncos about.

listopencil
08-04-2011, 03:34 AM
"Hard work" is one of those mythic things so vaunted by American society that people literally think it can overcome any adversity. It can't. I was as impressed as anyone by his work in college, but it will take more than hard work to get him over the NFL hump. It will take some kind of coaching that uncovers a store of talent in him never before realized. There is no other reason to think he will suddenly learn how to be an accurate passer simply through "hark work".

Sorry. This is just going to be another one of those things that other AFCW teams laugh at the Broncos about.

Sorry, he was one of the most accurate QB's ever to play in the NCAA. Pick something else. You're full of shit.

kysirsoze
08-04-2011, 03:35 AM
Sorry, he was one of the most accurate QB's ever to play in the NCAA. Pick something else. You're full of shit.

LMAO

SNR
08-04-2011, 07:00 AM
What's funny about this is that Lebron's only few remaining supporters left who don't live in Miami are the kind of people who don't give a shit/don't like players like Tebow. And then he says shit like this and pisses THEM off.

Mile High Mania
08-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Sounds more like a Lebron issue than anything..

Phobia
08-04-2011, 07:06 AM
How insecure do you have to be to tweet that crap to a studio talking head?

How insecure do you have to be to create a mult about the studio talking head and post ridiculous stuff all the time?

SNR
08-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Sorry, he was one of the most accurate QB's ever to play in the NCAA. Pick something else. You're full of shit.He sure as fuck isn't one of the most accurate QBs ever to play in the NFL

notorious
08-04-2011, 07:41 AM

Really!?

Completion percentage to 5 star talent hardly equates to accuracy in the NFL.

I say this being a Tebow believer.

Okie_Apparition
08-04-2011, 07:43 AM
At least Hoge will actually say something negative about a player. Former players & coaches are fucking useless as commentators. Players act like it's treason to talk bad about active players. Former coaches are trying to get hired again. Bilick.

You just know when the mikes & cameras are off they're ripping others players to shreds. It's pretty much a joke

Count Alex's Losses
08-04-2011, 05:30 PM
All for Tebow...AND TEBOW FOR ALL!

http://footballpros.com/content.php/1058-Do-Not-Count-Tim-Tebow-Out-Based-on-Practice-Wait-Until-the-Fist-Fight-Starts

One thing I have learned over the years is that there are a lot of guys who look great in practice. Every year with the Bengals they would bring in guys that were freakish athletes for camp. Every year I found myself saying, "how am I going to beat THAT GUY out?" Then we put on the pads and started hitting. Amazing what happens to most of these freaks when their body is put in harms way. They usually don't run 4.3 anymore, and their vertical goes from 40 inches to 2. Guys that could bench press 400 pounds suddenly can no longer lift their arms above their head reaching for a ball. It happens every year.

The flip side of that is every year there are guys who are a joke in shorts but turn into animals when the pads go on. I am coaching the local high school team (I thought for sure the lockout was going to last longer) and it is amazing how much my opinion of the guys on our team has changed since we started hitting. Football is strange game. It tests your courage every day. You have to convince your brain how much you enjoy getting hit. No kidding. I really believed that the worst thing that I could do to a defense was take a big hit and pop right up. While I may not have been able to catch my breath or walk a straight line back to the huddle, I promised myself that I would never give those jerks the satisfaction of knowing that.

Which brings me to Tim Tebow. There is nothing about him that would lead you to believe he was worthy of being a first round pick unless you have met him and watched him in person. Almost every Gator that I know believes he is the single most competitive player in the history of the University of Florida. He would wrestle offensive linemen, kick everyone's tail in the weight room, and when the game was on the line, he would find a way to beat you. I went to the National Championship Game against Oklahoma and one of the Oklahoma players ran up to Tebow in pregame and just started screaming and pointing at him. Tebow barely reacted, but I turned to the guy next to me and said, "it is over, the Gators are a lock." Tebow proceeded to WILL the Gators to the Championship in a way that can't really be explained. Will Tim Tebow be a great NFL QB? I don't know. But I do know this, anybody who dismisses Tim Tebow because Kyle Orton throws the ball better in practice, had better wait until the fist fight starts. Then, and only then, will I start judging Tim Tebow's performance.

Backwards Masking
08-04-2011, 05:39 PM
"He's going to be nice"

?

What the hell does that mean Lebron?

You can say all you want about his work ethic. Elvis Grbac had a hell of a work ethic. Brian Billick called him the greatest practive QB he'd ever seen.

"We'll go through an entire day's worth of practicing and not a ball will touch the ground." - BB

Deberg_1990
08-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Hoge isnt paid to encourage. Hes paid to be an analyst. If Tebow needs encouragement, he can get that from his teammates, family, friends and coaches.

lcarus
08-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I know one thing is for certain. I'm sick to ****ing death of hearing about Tim Tebow on sports radio and on television. Was there this much hype when Adam Morrison went pro? Jimmer?