PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs HEY HOUSTON!!!

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 10:02 AM
GET YOUR MFKIN ASS TO CAMP!!!!!! This is pissin me off!!!! Only 4 draft picks unsigned and the other 3 are first rounders?

WhitiE
08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Now he has to show

keg in kc
08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I'm sure this was the final straw. The ball's rolling now.

gblowfish
08-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Is his agent Ethan Locke?

philfree
Is his agent Ethan Locke?

JOEL SEGAL
PRESIDENT,
BEST FOOTBALL
Segal is the only NFL agent to have a top-five pick in each of the last three drafts (Reggie Bush, No. 2 in 2006; Levi Brown, No. 5 in 2007; and Glenn Dorsey, No. 5 in 2008). Segal, who represents about 50 players, also negotiated more than $250 million in the offseason this year, including a $70 million, five-year extension for Will Smith and a $70 million, seven-year deal for DeAngelo Hall. Fallen superstar Michael Vick is a client, too, and his scheduled release from prison in the coming year, and potential return to the NFL, will keep Segal in the news.

DMAC
He wanted me to tell you that he said "Okay.".

ARROW2
Yep, and I'm taking full credit when he shows up!!!!!

InChiefsHell
08-04-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't even understand how he can hold out...if they have rookie salaries pre-figured...I mean, who does this dude think he is?

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Put the BONG down and put the PADS on!!!

FireDogg
I hope they duct tape him to the goal post immediately

keg in kc
I really hope it's not mary jane related, sitting out to clean his system.

(It couldn't be could it? I mean...seriously. No way. Nobody is that stupid.)

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I just don't see double digit sacks from Studebaker, we need another stud on the other side........

DMAC
08-04-2011, 10:09 AM

Well, there are. Houston did not strike me as that type though.

FireDogg
08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Studebaker made alot of plays when given the chance. A guy like him could really shine with a significant amount of snaps...

philfree
08-04-2011, 10:13 AM
JOEL SEGAL
PRESIDENT,
BEST FOOTBALL
Segal is the only NFL agent to have a top-five pick in each of the last three drafts (Reggie Bush, No. 2 in 2006; Levi Brown, No. 5 in 2007; and Glenn Dorsey, No. 5 in 2008). Segal, who represents about 50 players, also negotiated more than $250 million in the offseason this year, including a $70 million, five-year extension for Will Smith and a $70 million, seven-year deal for DeAngelo Hall. Fallen superstar Michael Vick is a client, too, and his scheduled release from prison in the coming year, and potential return to the NFL, will keep Segal in the news.

He's also Dorsey's agent.

dallaschiefsfan
08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
I just don't see double digit sacks from Studebaker, we need another stud on the other side........

Yeah...maybe not...but he'll have more sacks and apply more pressure than Vrabel. Plus, his sack numbers at Wheaton aren't bad at all (17 1/2 in 2006 and 7 1/2 in 2005). I doubt they'll translate the same in the NFL...but still...he's probably going to be better than most expect.

SuperChief
08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Pooped the bed.

Fumblerooski
08-04-2011, 10:18 AM
**** UNSUBSTANTIATED FACTLESS RUMOR ALERT ****

He'll sign this afternoon.. If I'm correct, bow before my sources!!! If I'm wrong... Hell, I said it was a factless rumor..

Win/Win

/WPI

Von Dumbass
08-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Nate Irving (3rd rounder) was our last pick to sign and Brian Xanders mentioned that a lot of teams were doing a lot of different things with those 3rd round contracts and it made it hard to get Irving signed. He didn't elaborate on it though.

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Studebaker made alot of plays when given the chance. A guy like him could really shine with a significant amount of snaps...

I hope you're right......need more "consistent" pass rush other than Tamba....The man gets clotheslined right in front of the ref all game and it pisses me off when they don't throw the flag.......Total bullshit...

Stanley Nickels
08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
This is a bizarre thread. That is all.

Coogs
08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
The thing is, with the numbers posted around him, they can really only be haggling about thousands of dollars now...

#69 TE Rob Housler/Arizona, 4-year deal for $2,994,092, with a signing bonus of $684,092.
#70 OLB Justin Houston/Chiefs, unsigned.
#71 RB DeMarco Murray/Dallas, 4-year deal for $2,973,438, with a signing bonus of $662,500.

...and if you look at what Hali just signed for, he may be screwing himself out of millions in 4 years.

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 10:22 AM
What's so bizarre about wanting a potential stud to show up for camp?

Chiefnj2
08-04-2011, 10:23 AM

Did Crennell ever call a defense where two LB's put up double digit sacks the same year?

mlyonsd
08-04-2011, 10:25 AM
This is a bizarre thread. That is all.The only bizarre thing I see is Houston not in pads. Unless there is a deeper story.

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Did Crennell ever call a defense where two LB's put up double digit sacks the same year?

Not sure but are you content with wasting a 3rd rounder on Houston and going with Studebaker and Sheffield, who is coming off of a neck injury on that side? I am sure Studebaker is a hard worker and is not a stiff but.....Houston can take us to another level...

wazu
08-04-2011, 10:34 AM

Hmm...damn. Given the facts, this explanation is far and away the one that makes the most sense.

ChiefaRoo
08-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Maybe he got blipped and fell asleep on the couch.

DaFace
08-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Hmm...damn. Given the facts, this explanation is far and away the one that makes the most sense.

I kind of agree. I can't imagine it taking this long to haggle over money given how restricted contracts are now.

Bob Dole
08-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Didn't a different idiot start this same fucking thread on Tuesday?

Chiefnj2
08-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Not sure but are you content with wasting a 3rd rounder on Houston and going with Studebaker and Sheffield, who is coming off of a neck injury on that side? I am sure Studebaker is a hard worker and is not a stiff but.....Houston can take us to another level...

I am content giving Studebaker a shot. I'll give the nod to the hardworking kid who has showed glimpses of promise, over the guy who has more natural god-given talent but who was known for taking plays/games off, was too stupid not to smoke weed before the combine and who is presently holding out for no apparent good reason.

kysirsoze
Has anyone made the "Houston, we have a problem" joke yet? If not I will. God help me I will.

keg in kc

I kind of agree. I can't imagine it taking this long to haggle over money given how restricted contracts are now.Yeah. I don't know what on earth it could be.

gblowfish
08-04-2011, 10:45 AM
I hope its not the drug thing. If he's a doper, he's already screwed himself out of being a higher pick this year anyway. If he's been smoking dope over the off-season and it's still in his system, and that's why he's holding out, that would be even MORE stupid.

I can't believe Pioli or Haley would put up with this for much longer....

Detoxing
08-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Maybe the Chiefs stuck some sort of Substance abuse stipulation in his contract and his agent is waiting to review what the new league substance abuse policies are before inking?

Okie_Apparition
08-04-2011, 10:50 AM
He's smart enough not to broadcast his angst on twitter. Look for the positives :thumb:

Bump
08-04-2011, 10:50 AM
seriously though, what is up with this guy? Is he being a douche, what's his argument? "Oh, I thought I was gonna be a 1st round pick, shit Scott, I thought I was gonna be a top 5 pick, or I shoulda been, I'm gonna need $20 mil guaranteed"

I'm not liking this pick anymore.

CoMoChief
08-04-2011, 10:54 AM

Well the best thing for him to do would be to work out in the heat. He would burn the THC out of his system since its located in ur fat cells.

Mr. Laz
08-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Only 4 draft picks unsigned and the other 3 are first rounders?
only 4, since when?

i count at least a dozen still not signed

keg in kc
08-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Well the best thing for him to do would be to work out in the heat. He would burn the THC out of his system since its located in ur fat cells.Not so good if he's tested as part of his physical when he arrives.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2011, 10:59 AM
I hope its not the drug thing. If he's a doper, he's already screwed himself out of being a higher pick this year anyway. If he's been smoking dope over the off-season and it's still in his system, and that's why he's holding out, that would be even MORE stupid.

I can't believe Pioli or Haley would put up with this for much longer....

QFT

Chiefnj2
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
only 4, since when?

Who cares. The five 3rd rounders before him have signed and about 15 guys after him are signed. His slot is set.

The only reasonable explanation at this point would be whether the team is insisting on drug testing/moral clauses, and either (a) he doesn't want to sign it, or (b) his agent is waiting for the ratification to see if what KC is asking for meshes with the new cba.

keg in kc
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
(b) his agent is waiting for the ratification to see if what KC is asking for meshes with the new cba.That's actually a very good point.

Rudy lost the toss
08-04-2011, 11:06 AM
LOUDER! ARROWHEAD NEEDS TO BE LOUDER!!!!!

Mr. Laz
08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Who cares. The five 3rd rounders before him have signed and about 15 guys after him are signed. His slot is set.

The only reasonable explanation at this point would be whether the team is insisting on drug testing/moral clauses, and either (a) he doesn't want to sign it, or (b) his agent is waiting for the ratification to see if what KC is asking for meshes with the new cba.
well since the OP is using that as a partial basis for his rant, i would think it's relevant.

philfree
08-04-2011, 11:09 AM

I bet it's over guaranteed money. He probably wants most of if not all of his contract guaranteed and Pioli probably doesn't want to guarantee to much because of the failed drug test.

Micjones
08-04-2011, 11:10 AM
What are the odds that the Chiefs rescind the offer?
Can they do that?

This is ridiculous.
The organization doesn't have time to keep putting up with this foolishness.
Sign Roth...move on.

beer bacon
08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Does he have to take a physical and a drug test once he signs?

Lzen
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Didn't a different idiot start this same ****ing thread on Tuesday?

Yes. Or perhaps it was the same idiot.

Mr. Laz
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Can they do that?

This is ridiculous.
Sign Roth...move on.
don't think they have anything to rescind.

Unless they have a contract already written up and ready for Houston to sign then so far it's just negotiations and nothing official.

DenverDanChiefsFan
08-04-2011, 11:26 AM
The thing is, with the numbers posted around him, they can really only be haggling about thousands of dollars now...

#69 TE Rob Housler/Arizona, 4-year deal for $2,994,092, with a signing bonus of $684,092.
#70 OLB Justin Houston/Chiefs, unsigned.
#71 RB DeMarco Murray/Dallas, 4-year deal for $2,973,438, with a signing bonus of $662,500.

...and if you look at what Hali just signed for, he may be screwing himself out of millions in 4 years.
Last I heard was he wants his entire contract guaranteed.

Dumbass agents. :banghead:

Bewbies
08-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Can they do that?

This is ridiculous.
Sign Roth...move on.

Uh, you don't sign rookies for 1 season. Typically you draft them in the hopes you get 5-10 out of em.

BossChief
08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Someone should tweet the question of "does a player get drug tested as part of his physical?" to someone that might know, and answer it.

Micjones
08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Uh, you don't sign rookies for 1 season. Typically you draft them in the hopes you get 5-10 out of em.

I'm not advocating a 1-year deal.
I was asking if they move away from Houston altogether.

chiefqueen
08-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Someone should tweet the question of "does a player get drug tested as part of his physical?" to someone that might know, and answer it.

That is not necessary. You, a drug test is part of the TC physical. In fact, it is the one drug test during the course of a year that is not random.

My hunch is his agent is having submit to drug tests every day and when they feel confident he can pass a "REAL" one he will sign.

Detoxing
08-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Last I heard was he wants his entire contract guaranteed.

Dumbass agents. :banghead:

And where did u hear that?

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 11:57 AM
The point about the CBA makes sense......That better be it or else I am gonna go whoop his mfin ass!!! LMAO

Rudy lost the toss
08-04-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm not advocating a 1-year deal.
I was asking if they move away from Houston altogether.

I did too. I stepped away from my house before the Third Round.
I called my mom to see who we took at 70.

The conversation went like this...
Me: "Hey mom. Can you tell me who we drafted at 70?"
Me: "Justin Houston..." (in hopes that he was the pick)
Her: "Yeah...Justin Houston."
Me: "Seriously though mom. Who'd we take?"
Her: "JUSTIN HOUSTON!"
Me: *Screaming like a crazy person at the pump of a BP Gas Station*

don't give up!

wazu
08-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Maybe Houston is negotiating a side deal with the UFL, trying to play them against each other in an attempt to completely overturn the recently negotiated CBA.

Pestilence
08-04-2011, 12:15 PM

pestilenceaf23
@RavensInsider Any word on why Justin Houston has signed a contract?

response:

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
@ @pestilenceaf23 Doesn't like the offer or the language proposed at this point.

Detoxing
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
pestilenceaf23

response:

@ @pestilenceaf23 Doesn't like the offer or the language proposed at this point.

Gee, thanks Aaron.

Mr. Laz
08-04-2011, 12:17 PM
pestilenceaf23

response:

In other words he doesn't know and just threw out the 2 most likely reason.

:shake:

HemiEd
08-04-2011, 12:41 PM
JOEL SEGAL
PRESIDENT,
BEST FOOTBALL

Vick is getting out? Lock up your pets!

durtyrute
08-04-2011, 12:43 PM
is he in yet?

suzzer99
08-04-2011, 12:55 PM
I feel like if it doesn't happen today then something is really wrong.

bevischief
08-04-2011, 01:16 PM
At this point he is doomed. Find someone else to take his spot this year that wants to play.

mlyonsd
08-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I wonder what kind of fun the vets will have with him if he does sign.

BigMeatballDave
08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
pestilenceaf23

response:

Doesn't like the offer? Someone tell that pothead he's a 3rd rd pick.

HemiEd
08-04-2011, 01:43 PM

Pothead? How do you know he even inhaled? Someone might have stuck it in a brownie, that he innocently took a small bite from.

wazu
08-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Pothead? How do you know he even inhaled? Someone might have stuck it in a brownie, that he innocently took a small bite from.

Or maybe he was just at a concert recently and got some second hand smoke. Don't punish him, he's a victim!

HemiEd
08-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Or maybe he was just at a concert recently and got some second hand smoke. Don't punish him, he's a victim!

That's the spirit, the old innocent until proven guilty concept. I kind of like it.

bevischief
08-04-2011, 01:59 PM

He is waiting for the guaranteed pot...

tooge
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
they may only be haggling over a few grand at this point, but don't you know how much good weed that'll buy?

DMAC
08-04-2011, 02:11 PM
they may only be haggling over a few grand at this point, but don't you know how much good weed that'll buy?

Maybe he doesnt want to play here. Maybe he would rather play where the weed is more Tijuana-ish or mountain-ish.

the Talking Can
08-04-2011, 02:14 PM
nick wright theory:

he's talked to Chiefs players and they believe the league will test everyone as soon as the lockout officially ends (which it did at 4pm eastern today, i think)...so Houston thinks he'll miss the test by showing up a day or two late

which doesn't make any sense, they could test him whenever...

Detoxing
08-04-2011, 02:18 PM
nick wright theory:

he's talked to Chiefs players and they believe the league will test everyone as soon as the lockout officially ends (which it did at 4pm eastern today, i think)...so Houston thinks he'll miss the test by showing up a day or two late

Nick wright is a 'tard

the Talking Can
08-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Nick wright is a 'tard

agree

DMAC
08-04-2011, 02:30 PM
nick wright theory:

UHHHHH :spock:

ChiefMojo
08-04-2011, 02:36 PM
If Nick's theory were correct, then Houston might as well stay home and not even try to make a career out of football. Houston would have to be considered mentally brain dead to carry out a plan like that!

bowener
08-04-2011, 02:37 PM
If I were Randy Moss or Carson Palmer, I would take this year off, pump up on some HGH, and come back next year like I was 25 years old again.

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Only drafted rookie unsigned.........:bong:

AirForceChief
08-04-2011, 02:46 PM
nick wright theory:

The theory that Houston hasn't signed due to wanting "substances" to clear his system was floated a while back by Bob Gretz. I believe Houston avoids any U/A until he becomes NFL property (after he signs). I don't see how he could be compelled to test by an NFL entity until after he signs a contract.

Dave Lane
08-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Gotta pee clean first. Just sayin...

DMAC
08-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Only drafted rookie unsigned.........:bong:

On the Chiefs...yeah.

ct
08-04-2011, 02:53 PM
only 4, since when?

think that was my bad, crap info, sorry

InChiefsHell
08-04-2011, 03:03 PM
It's just a little weed. Jeez...

Easy 6
08-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Bring down the hurt hammer Scott, this club doesnt play the mickey mouse bullshit game anymore.

Cave Johnson
08-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Any truth to the rumor that Houston's agent is Afroman?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Its 4:20!!!

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-04-2011, 03:45 PM
brian_mcintyreBrian McIntyre

And then there was one. According to a league source, #Chiefs LB Justin Houston has agreed to terms. 4-years, $2.786M; $671,248 to sign

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 03:45 PM
On the Chiefs...yeah.

No...PERIOD!!!! Look, I hope he comes in and is an all pro his rookie year....but it's time to get to work...

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-04-2011, 03:46 PM
RavensInsiderAaron Wilson

Chiefs finally get third-round OLB Justin Houston deal done, $2.78 million, including a $671,00 bonus, per a league source.

Sofa King
08-04-2011, 03:46 PM
brian_mcintyreBrian McIntyre

And then there was one. According to a league source, #Chiefs LB Justin Houston has agreed to terms. 4-years, $2.786M; $671,248 to sign

http://www.bordalierinstitute.com/images/boatpeople.jpg

durtyrute
08-04-2011, 03:47 PM
about time.........LETS GET IT!!!

Detoxing
08-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Chiefs finally get third-round OLB Justin Houston deal done, $2.78 million, including a $671,00 bonus, per a league source.

FUCK! now who am i suppose to sell bud to? Oh well...there's always next seasons rookie class...

Coogs
08-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Props to ARROW2! Strong Arm method worked well!

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Props to ARROW2! Strong Arm method worked well!

:thumb:

ARROW2
08-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Time to :toast::toast:

Fumblerooski
08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
**** UNSUBSTANTIATED FACTLESS RUMOR ALERT ****

He'll sign this afternoon.. If I'm correct, bow before my sources!!! If I'm wrong... Hell, I said it was a factless rumor..

Win/Win

Jus' Sayin...

RedThat
08-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey Houston, we don't have a problem!

suzzer99
08-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Need more Houston threads stat!

MoreLemonPledge
08-04-2011, 04:16 PM
HOUSTON WE NO LONGER HAVE A PROBLEM HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-04-2011, 04:57 PM
If I were Randy Moss or Carson Palmer, I would take this year off, pump up on some HGH, and come back next year like I was 25 years old again.

Madden is injecting Brett Favre in the anus through his Wrangler jeans as we speak to do just that.