View Full Version : Movies and TV Apparently the Star Wars blurays SUCK

Count Alex's Losses
08-04-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3127NK81SX4UD?cdPage=6

http://www.maroonersrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Vader-Noooo.jpg

"Disappointing"
May 4, 2011
By J. Bongiorno

This review is from: Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI)

There are times it's important to lower your expectations so that you don't end up disappointed. This appears to be one of those times. At $90.00 (from Amazon after the 30% discount), the upcoming Star Wars blu-ray set unfortunately leaves much to be desired.

If you haven't seen the specs for this set, they're listed on the official site, and this review is based on those released specs so that fans can better judge whether they want to invest the money in films that have been released quite a number of times in the past. This review will be updated as new information comes out, but since the press release claimed to "reveal all," then I don't feel it's inappropriate to discuss exactly what they're selling us, and if it's worth buying.

Note: As regards the original version of the classic trilogy, it's not here. While it was made known that Lucas wasn't including them at this time, that information wasn't widely disseminated, so unless you happened upon that interview where Lucas said "no original versions" at this time, you had no idea that it wasn't going to be included. Frankly, as with this entire set, I think it's a major misfire to continue to court the ire of fans and film purists by not giving them a proper anamorphic widescreen release of the originals, and by claiming it's too expensive (disingenuous at best. Check out the article in site, The Secret History of Star Wars: Saving Star Wars). Now, personally, I prefer the Special Edition versions for the most part, so I can't say I'm "missing" the originals (though I feel for those who rightly expected their release). What I'd like to see, and every fan should expect, is the best version of the Special Editions, which is not what we got with the 2004 DVD set, which should have been recalled for the all issues it had. (See the site "Saving Star Wars").

At the outset, it's important to state that I'm not a "hater," and have supported the Star Wars franchise since its inception. But neither am I one of those non-thinking gushers who believes that Lucas is a god who can do no wrong.

On to the set in question.

Sadly, this is not the equivalent of the Blade Runner or Aliens blu-ray sets, which contained different versions of the films via branching technology. This isn't the Ultimate Edition box set that fans had been teased with and were expecting. But it should've been. More on this later.

[B]The single biggest problem with this set is the lack of a new HD transfer, which means that, while this will be in high-definition, it's an older transfer. In fact, it's the same transfer used for the terrible 2004 DVDs. That is a big issue, as it means the films will not be presented in the best high-definition quality that's currently available and in use by practically every film that's been released on blu-ray for the last few years. Several industry insiders predicted this would be the case, so I can't say I'm shocked. But it's unacceptable.

What does that mean to most people? Probably not much. It will likely look better than the DVD versions, but not like it should. There will still be crushed blacks (which can't be fixed since they're in the 2004 digital negative), and the resolution will not be anywhere near the quality of a 35mm negative. Lucas would've needed to do an 8k transfer to capture the original resolution.

So, the films will look better, but they could and should've looked spectacular. And they probably will with the next set, which no one wants to officially talk about since they're counting on all of us buying THIS set.

And that's what bugs me. What appears to be happening here is a corporation taking advantage of the fact that few of the buying public are videophiles who know what it means to do a proper 4k or 8k HD transfer. So, rather than spend the money to do it the right way, Lucas chose to take the cheap path and go with an older, inferior transfer that, while suitable for DVD, is low-level quality for high-def blu-ray. If you want to learn more in-depth information on Star Wars and its sordid history on video/digital, including some of the reasons four of the six films have been intentionally degraded in image quality, check out the revealing site The Secret History of Star Wars (and the article: "Saving Star Wars.")

Frustratingly, there's no indication if they corrected the many errors that appeared on the 2004 DVD editions. We don't even know if the rumored replacement of puppet Yoda in TPM with a digital version has occurred. But, as is evident, it would be foolish to assume anything with this release. What's aggravating is the fact that this information hasn't been put out there. The deceitful press-release, promoted as a "reveal all," was rather a "reveal a little bit more." In this day and age, this kind of thing doesn't fly, particularly as it appears to be by design to cover over and distract the buying public from certain unpleasant truths.

Another unsavory aspect of this set is its documentaries. At the very least, fans expected some of the 100 hours of new documentary footage that Rick MaCullum excitedly talked about in 2007. But most of it isn't here; apparently it's all being held back for an as-yet unannounced future version.

So, what is on here?

Well, there's roughly six hours of interview clips, documentaries about various aspects of the film broken up into a hundred 2-5 minute segments. Six hours is a lot, but short segments don't allow room for any kind of depth on any particularly subject. Not sure why they chose to go that route. The commentary from the 2004 is being ported over, and there's a second commentary track culled from old cast/crew interviews. There's also an overly short 25 minute documentary about TESB. Finally, there are some niche documentaries: 84 minutes about the 501st (a group that dresses like stormtroopers and other armored characters from the films). The other is a fluff piece called "Spoofs" and it's 91 minutes of clips from some of the spoofs that have been available online for awhile. Why this is here when so many things that should've been aren't is something I don't understand. "Anatomy of a Dewback," is about the special effects that went into making the '97 Special Editions. Considering that some of those effects were later redone for the 2004 version (e.g., Jabba), this seems a rather pointless inclusion without the '97 versions of the films. The last documentary is Star Wars Tech, which is the shorter (and far less interesting) of the two History Channel documentaries that aired a few years back. Unfortunately, The Legacy Revealed (the superior doc) isn't included.

On the positive side, there are some classic documentaries from '78, '80 and '83, namely The Making of Star Wars; The Empire Strikes Back: SPFX, and Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi. If you're like me, these hold a special place in your heart. On the down side, however, there's no From Star Wars to Jedi doc, no Empire of Dreams, no The Beginning. The former is likely being suppressed as it doesn't conform to the fabricated story Lucas likes to tell these days that the saga was always his singular vision of the Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker.

I suppose all the other material is being held back (yet again) for the next blu-ray version, which I wouldn't have a problem with if the fans were informed of this so that they didn't feel coerced into triple and quadruple dipping with each subsequent version. But, of course, that's the very idea, isn't it? And with a new generation watching The Clone Wars cartoons, it's easy to see how there would be a ready market for this cheaply produced set.

Lastly, the deleted, alternate, extended scenes: There appear to be 45 of them, and are really the major interest for many fans, and admittedly, the one thing that's tempting me to pick this set up. But I'm nowhere near convinced that they alone are worth the price, especially as I suspect that: a) in too many years time, there will be another set that features these scenes in extended editions of the films, which is how they aught to be presented, and what many fans had been expecting; b) someone will do what Lucas should've done and insert them into bootleg versions of the films.

There's as yet no detailed listing of the scenes in question besides the one shown at Celebration (and now on Youtube). Based on the trailer, it seems that many of them have not even been cleaned up. That's surprising, and, frankly, a bit shoddy to not remove dust, hair and damage. They deserve better for their world debut. But, of course, Lucas has no problem presenting his films in less than half the resolution of their native 35mm source (four of the films were shot in 35mm; two in digital 1080p), as the 2004 transfer was done in a decidely low-tech 1080p.

Films nowadays are being transfered at 8k resolution (which many feel is the only way to properly capture the fine detail inherent in 35mm film), but even a 4k transfer would've been great. Unfortunately, the lack of a proper transfer may have been by design. AOTC and ROTS were foolishly shot on 1080p digital cameras (put simply: because it's easier to make a movie that way) and cannot be digitally upscaled. Compared to 35mm film, however, that's less than half the resolution! So, to disguise their lower-res quality, the remaining four films were downgraded to match!

That's just unacceptable. Lucas made a mistake to shoot AOTC and ROTS (but especially AOTC, which looks like it was shot on video) with digital cameras that were in their infancy. But it adds insult to injury to reduce the quality of the other four films to match!

Audio: This is being presented in a newly mastered DTS 6.1 audio track, and it's great to finally have DTS for Star Wars! To nitpick, it could've been 7.1. But I suspect, yet again, this is being saved for the next set.

The bottom line is that unless it's revealed that a ton of work went into improving the 2004 transfers, what this set currently represents is mediocrity at best, and greed at worst, particularly if it's to rake in the cash until a proper set is released in another six or seven years that will include a new HD transfer along with more dangling carrots, using them--as they are the deleted scenes on this set--as a lure to suck in fans yet again...

There was plenty of time (seven years) to do this set right and make up for what they sold us in 2004. It's true, multi-tiered releases have become the rule rather than the exception in this industry. But in the current financial climate, it's a bit obscene. If Lucas was AT LEAST forthright, honest and clear that this is a first-run blu-ray set, and that a much more comprehensive one was coming down the pike, then fans could make a better informed decision as to whether they want to replace the old DVD set now or later. Unfortunately, obfuscation appears to be the way they prefer to go.

As fans, we have to decide if there is a significant leap from the old DVDs to replace them with this set, but that will be hard to tell until they're released. As to the bonus material, there's several worthless documentaries, a few good old documentaries, some minor new documentaries, and 45 out-of-context deleted scenes (many of which were shown to have not been cleaned up). Is that worth nearly a hundred dollars? If you don't care about image-quality, or just blindly support Lucas, or have disposable income, there won't be any hesitation, except on the basis of principle. But for those of us who love Star Wars, yet don't appreciate the feeling of being taken advantage of, we do well to ponder whether we should keep supporting the corporate powers who've made taking advantage of an ignorant public.

I'll update this page as more information is forthcoming. As of now, I won't be purchasing this set, which represents the first time since Star Wars was first released on home video that I'm not. When a proper HD transfer is released, whether it's a new extended edition, the older special editions, or the even older original editions (and, better yet, all three), then I'll gladly support it financially.

bowener
08-04-2011, 04:41 PM
GO LUCAS GO!!!!!

Predarat
08-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Lucassss you bastarrrrrrrrrrrdd!!!!!!!!!

DMAC
08-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Could have predicted this.

Frazod
08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Darth Lucas strikes again. I'll not be buying these turds - sounds like he'll remaster them in a couple of years and then hope everybody buys them all over again.

Fuck you, George. Much like Michael Jackson, you lived too goddamn long. 4321

Count Alex's Losses
08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I wonder if these will even look as good as the 1080p SKY broadcasts.

Deberg_1990
08-04-2011, 04:52 PM
meh, i wasnt planning on buying them anyways.....the DVD's look and sound just fine to me.

My guess is, he will sell the original versions in a few years for his next cash grab.

CrazyPhuD
08-04-2011, 05:44 PM
So you're saying I can't see jar jar in all his HD glory? I'll just have to wait to see him in 3D then.

Molitoth
08-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Who cares? Haven't we all seen all the movies like a billion times?

Sure-Oz
08-04-2011, 08:12 PM
MOTHER FUCKER IM SO MAD CAPSLOCK!

JD10367
08-04-2011, 09:47 PM

I really wish the Internet had feedback capability. That way, every time some fucknut entered a thread they clearly had no interest in, because they clearly dislike the subject, just to say "who cares" or "I hate it", they would get an electric jolt to the nutsack.

kysirsoze
08-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Good thing I won't be buying them.

BossChief
08-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Thats a shame.

So, they will basically look the same quality as when SyFy released them as "HD"?

Not bad, but its just disapointing that he could have made a better product so easily and made a shitton of cash on it....guess thats the next step in ten or so years, eh?

Guru
08-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Hell, I was done purchasing any further items from Lucas with Ep III. As long as they are using a DVD transfer I won't even consider the Blu rays.

Param
08-05-2011, 12:57 AM
This is old news if you've been following this.

Bump
08-05-2011, 01:35 AM
wow, George Lucas is a fucking bastard

Kraus
08-05-2011, 12:32 PM
*Crossing this one off the list*

ReynardMuldrake
08-05-2011, 12:52 PM
The single biggest problem with this set is the lack of a new HD transfer, which means that, while this will be in high-definition, it's an older transfer. In fact, it's the same transfer used for the terrible 2004 DVDs. That is a big issue, as it means the films will not be presented in the best high-definition quality that's currently available and in use by practically every film that's been released on blu-ray for the last few years.

[...]

What does that mean to most people? Probably not much. It will likely look better than the DVD versions, but not like it should. There will still be crushed blacks (which can't be fixed since they're in the 2004 digital negative), and the resolution will not be anywhere near the quality of a 35mm negative. Lucas would've needed to do an 8k transfer to capture the original resolution.

[...]

But, of course, Lucas has no problem presenting his films in less than half the resolution of their native 35mm source (four of the films were shot in 35mm; two in digital 1080p), as the 2004 transfer was done in a decidely low-tech 1080p.

Films nowadays are being transfered at 8k resolution (which many feel is the only way to properly capture the fine detail inherent in 35mm film), but even a 4k transfer would've been great. Unfortunately, the lack of a proper transfer may have been by design. AOTC and ROTS were foolishly shot on 1080p digital cameras (put simply: because it's easier to make a movie that way) and cannot be digitally upscaled. Compared to 35mm film, however, that's less than half the resolution! So, to disguise their lower-res quality, the remaining four films were downgraded to match!

That's just unacceptable. Lucas made a mistake to shoot AOTC and ROTS (but especially AOTC, which looks like it was shot on video) with digital cameras that were in their infancy. But it adds insult to injury to reduce the quality of the other four films to match!

I don't understand this at all. If ep. II and III were shot digitally at 1080p, how does a digital transfer from 1080 to 1080 [native blu-ray] represent a quality loss? Why is a transfer even necessary, coming from a digital source?

The bottom line is that unless it's revealed that a ton of work went into improving the 2004 transfers, what this set currently represents is mediocrity at best [...]
And how exactly would one "improve" on a digital transfer?

Donger
08-05-2011, 12:54 PM
LMAO

Count Alex's Losses
08-05-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't understand this at all. If ep. II and III were shot digitally at 1080p, how does a digital transfer from 1080 to 1080 [native blu-ray] represent a quality loss? Why is a transfer even necessary, coming from a digital source?

I think the article is trying to say that not all 1080p video is created equally.

And considering all the color timing issues with the 2004 DVDs the fact they didn't even bother to create a new transfer is bullshit.

Buck
08-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Does this surprise anybody?
Posted via Mobile Device

ReynardMuldrake
08-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I think the article is trying to say that not all 1080p video is created equally.

And considering all the color timing issues with the 2004 DVDs the fact they didn't even bother to create a new transfer is bullshit.

That's actually a good point. Probably a different frame rate on blu-ray as well. The article is confusing as hell though. It talks about film print and digital in the same context.

Count Alex's Losses
08-05-2011, 02:08 PM
That's actually a good point. Probably a different frame rate on blu-ray as well. The article is confusing as hell though. It talks about film print and digital in the same context.

No, it's the same framerate.

Molitoth
08-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I really wish the Internet had feedback capability. That way, every time some ****nut entered a thread they clearly had no interest in, because they clearly dislike the subject, just to say "who cares" or "I hate it", they would get an electric jolt to the nutsack.

You CAN neg rep me if you want. LMAO

I had a valid point imo.

I just find it odd that anyone who would spend a rediculas amount of money on a Star Wars blu-ray set just because it is blu-ray when they have seen the movie a gazillion times is kinda silly. Lucas is just milking the star-wars addicts for more money to keep up thier collection. I like star wars just as much as the next person, but I'm not giving anymore money to own yet another star wars movie collection. Poor nerds.

chasedude
08-05-2011, 02:20 PM
LMAO

I had a valid point imo.

I just find it odd that anyone who would spend a rediculas amount of money on a Star Wars blu-ray set just because it is blu-ray when they have seen the movie a gazillion times is kinda silly. Lucas is just milking the star-wars addicts for more money to keep up thier collection.

My thoughts exactly, I won't be wasting my money.

ReynardMuldrake
08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
No, it's the same framerate.

Yeah, I'm thinking of TV shows vs. movies.

CrazyPhuD
08-05-2011, 08:49 PM

Because fundamentally the guy doing the reviewing understands nothing about video, film, camera and technology.

There's a little....MINOR detail he left out....so you would think that a 1080p digital capture sounds like a suboptimal choice and everything should have been down with 4K or 8K camera's. The problem is...it wasn't with a normal 1080p camera. It was done with a 3 CCD 1080p camera. As a result they didn't capture 2MP worth of detail but actually 6MP worth of detail 2MP R + 2MP B + 2MP G. Basically they have 1920x1080 pixels for Red, Green and Blue colors.

Consider a 4K single CCD bayer filter. Native 4K resolution is ~3996x2160. However that single sensor capture's all three colors in that 4K of resolution. Because of how the eye is more sensitive to green, 50% of all the pixels are used for green, so you have an effective green resolution of ~1998x2160, a red resolution of 1998x 1080 and a blue resolution of 1998x1080. So that 'radically inferior' 1080p camera suffers from ~1/2 the vertical green resolution and about the same for red and blue. However because of artifacts related to how a bayer filter reconstructs the 'missing pixels' you generally don't have as good a color fidelity as with a 3CCD camera. In short that inferior 1080P camera will capture 75% of the data of a 4K camera with generally better color fidelity. Yea that sounds like a terrible choice....personally I think I'll trust ILM rather than some armchair video 'expert' when it comes to image quality.....

Likely one of the big reasons they haven't done a new transfer is because they are doing a complete reedit with the 3D process. That's the reason I wouldn't buy these, because I expect the 3D ones to be 'better'.

Count Alex's Losses
08-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Huh. Well that's interesting. I'll probably buy them.

pr_capone
08-05-2011, 10:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EkUlR.png

keg in kc
08-30-2011, 07:50 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGaSxSuB2vY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGaSxSuB2vY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0EUjobdavw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0EUjobdavw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Al Bundy
08-30-2011, 08:04 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGaSxSuB2vY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGaSxSuB2vY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0EUjobdavw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0EUjobdavw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Ohhh sweet jesus. What in the fuck is that shit?

keg in kc
08-30-2011, 08:10 PM
More king george "enhancements".

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2011, 08:44 PM
thats awful....jesus christ

not buying this shit

fucking hell....I am going to pirate this crap and insert a new audio track.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2011, 08:56 PM
more fucking useless shit....christ

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1926919772609&set=vb.1230605332&type=2&permPage=1

Saulbadguy
08-30-2011, 09:03 PM
These have to be fake.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2011, 09:04 PM
No, they are real. Rips have hit the internet already.

IQ is pretty good (and these are compressed)

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3033/millenniumfalconblurayl.png

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3033/millenniumfalconblurayl.png

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3033/millenniumfalconblurayl.png

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3033/millenniumfalconblurayl.png

NewChief
08-30-2011, 09:07 PM
more ****ing useless shit....christ

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1926919772609&set=vb.1230605332&type=2&permPage=1

Gratuitous Dug insertion!

Deberg_1990
08-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Good grief, Lucas can't quit these movies.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2011, 09:15 PM
SPEND HOURS RENDERING CG DUG

REFUSE TO FIX PINK LIGHTSABER

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6312/starwarsepisode5theempi.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2011, 09:18 PM
1080p rip of Episode IV is out

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6640920/Star.Wars.1977-1983.BluRay.1080p.DTS-ES.x264-CHD

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Nice.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7986/swgout2004brcomparison.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8131/rotjgout2004brcompariso.jpg

Guru
08-30-2011, 09:37 PM
God I hope that shit is fake. If real, Glucas is further ruining his legacy.

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2011, 09:39 PM
At least they fixed Luke's saber.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/104/bdmfsaberafterbg.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2011, 09:43 PM
fuck me, man...this looks good

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5452/millenniumfalconblurayst.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7683/millenniumfalconbluraysg.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8687/millenniumfalconbluraysme.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3853/millenniumfalconbluraysi.jpg

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
08-30-2011, 09:49 PM
http://30.imagebam.com/download/NpM5rhDNB2DwKkGZ-2d8QQ/14727/147262744/11.png

Deberg_1990
08-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Well at least I still have the original movies on laserdiscs and VHS flaws and all.

Simply Red
08-31-2011, 10:59 PM

this made me lol

Simply Red
08-31-2011, 11:00 PM
**** me, man...this looks good

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5452/millenniumfalconblurayst.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7683/millenniumfalconbluraysg.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8687/millenniumfalconbluraysme.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3853/millenniumfalconbluraysi.jpg

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7861/millenniumfalconblurays.jpg

dope

Count Alex's Losses
09-03-2011, 09:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jWR0wh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dX2XOh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0VpEuh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ca3ech.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yrAcYh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uLOcp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/I0Q1Ah.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Lyl3U.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VDaFHh.jpg

Ted Theodore Logan
09-03-2011, 11:34 AM

http://i.imgur.com/dX2XOh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0VpEuh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ca3ech.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yrAcYh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uLOcp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/I0Q1Ah.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Lyl3U.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VDaFHh.jpg

ROFLROFLROFLROFL That is GREAT!

Setsuna
09-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Bahahahahaha pepsi owns Star Wars!

bowener
09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7245/starwarsiconascope201.jpg

Saulbadguy
09-13-2011, 08:06 AM
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-Blu-ray/14903/#Review

No, the "untouched" original trilogy is not included. Yes, there are some goofy new additions, like Darth Vader yelling "NOOOOO" as he throws Emperor Palpatine over the railing. I don't think anyone expected this release of The Complete Saga to be free of controversy. But come on. It's Star Wars. On Blu-ray. This is a once-in-a-technological-generation event, and if your hatred of George Lucas' revisionist tinkerings keeps you from enjoying some of your favorite films in high definition, you're missing out. Believe me, I share your pain. Whenever I hear that stupid funk song inside Jabba's palace, I cringe like a man being forced to bite down on tin foil or chew sand. It's almost physically painful. But I'm done being bitter. I'm playing the long game. One of these days, Lucas will wise up and realize that the original trilogy—in its original form—is a culturally and historically important piece of pop art that belongs to its fans. But until that day, I'm going to enjoy this Blu-ray box set. The films have never looked or sounded better— Episodes III-VI are particularly impressive—and they come with a fantastic collection of special features. Highly Recommended!

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 12:01 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrmyctSjBe1qzpwi0o1_400.jpg

Frazod
09-20-2011, 01:39 PM
One good thing about this - apparently you CAN buy the original movies by themselves, without the added expense/suck of the last three. I guess George is smart enough to realize how many older people abso-fucking-lutely hate the new movies.

So I guess I'll have to pull the trigger on this one after all.

It seems Darth Lucas has successfully used the old Jedi mind trick on me.

:cuss:

Saulbadguy
09-20-2011, 01:57 PM
One good thing about this - apparently you CAN buy the original movies by themselves, without the added expense/suck of the last three. I guess George is smart enough to realize how many older people abso-fucking-lutely hate the new movies.

I've watched Episodes IV and V so far...IMO, you won't be disappointed.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-20-2011, 02:07 PM

If you think this isn't coming, you underestimate the power of Darth Lucas

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I've watched Episodes IV and V so far...IMO, you won't be disappointed.

Screencaps, plz.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2011, 08:32 PM
So when do "Howard the Duck" "More American Graffiti" and "Radioland Murders" Blue Rays get released?

Al Bundy
09-20-2011, 10:01 PM
So when do "Howard the Duck" "More American Graffiti" and "Radioland Murders" Blue Rays get released?

Is it bad I would buy Howard The Duck on bluray?

Guru
09-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Is it bad I would buy Howard The Duck on bluray?

Lea Thompson FTW

SLAG
09-21-2011, 12:29 AM
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-Blu-ray/14903/#Review

This review influenced my decision to pick up the entire set.

My dvd copies were taken over by my young kids and Having all of them on Bluray is a nice convenience

I did make the family watch episode 4 a new hope 2x once on original vhs and then the Bluray.. My kids HAVE to know the difference

http://tapatalk.com/mu/62e21ea7-7623-4b26.jpg

Sent via tapatalk from the Photon 4G

Psyko Tek
09-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Well at least I still have the original movies on laserdiscs and VHS flaws and all.

AND HAN SHOT FUCKING FIRST[

and yes the blue rays sucked
only 2 of the 6 movies didn't

Saulbadguy
09-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Screencaps, plz.
I don't have a blu-ray drive in my PC.

Saulbadguy
09-21-2011, 08:22 AM
AND HAN SHOT FUCKING FIRST[

and yes the blue rays sucked
only 2 of the 6 movies didn't

For the 2011 Blu-ray release, the shot of Han and Greedo firing at each other from the 2004 DVD has been tightened up by several frames.[6]

This is true. I noticed they both fired at the same time in the blu-ray.

Frosty
09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
One good thing about this - apparently you CAN buy the original movies by themselves, without the added expense/suck of the last three. I guess George is smart enough to realize how many older people abso-****ing-lutely hate the new movies.

This.

I was at Wal-Mart last weekend and saw the original trilogy on Blu-Ray for $40 and just had to get them. They don't have all of the extras like in the set of all six movies but I never watch those anyway.

I guess I'm a sucker.

Haven't had time to watch them yet.

Valiant
09-21-2011, 06:12 PM
If you think this isn't coming, you underestimate the power of Darth Lucas

Yeah.. I actually might be for it.. Vader aged like 35-40 years in 16-20 or however old Luke is..

SLAG
09-26-2011, 11:13 AM
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4749/starwarsblueraydvdcomar.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
10-06-2011, 09:15 AM
wtf

http://uploader.ws/upload/201110/r2hides1977.jpg

http://uploader.ws/upload/201110/r2hidesbd.jpg

Saulbadguy
10-06-2011, 09:32 AM
looks like a tight fit.

SLAG