PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Camp Report for Aug 4 - Dorsey injury?

FRCDFED
08-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Chiefs’ camp report for Aug. 4

More News

Offense
Wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin worked with the trainer off to the side during practice because of a sore leg. … Center Casey Wiegmann and right tackle Barry Richardson took their places in the starting lineup in their first practice, and Steve Breaston worked out at slot receiver.

Defense
The Chiefs worked on their dime defense with six defensive backs. Tyson Jackson and Wallace Gilberry were the down rushers and Cameron Sheffield was a rush linebacker. Jon McGraw and Javier Arenas were the extra defensive backs. … Derrick Johnson, who dropped several potential interceptions last season, caught one of Cassel’s passes and returned it for a touchdown. Donald Washington also had an interception of Cassel.

Injury report
Tight end Tony Moeaki is on the physically unable to perform list and did not practice. Baldwin had a wrap on his right upper leg and knee and did not practice. Defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey was taken from the practice field during the middle of the session and did not return.

Daily battle

The Chiefs were desperate to find wide receivers last season. This year, they appear well-stocked. Dwayne Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin are locks to make the roster. Jerheme Urban and Terrance Copper appear to be the perfect extra receivers. They can play all the positions and also play on special teams. The only intrigue is whether the Chiefs will keep a young player such as Jeremy Horne or Verran Tucker as the sixth wide receiver.

Today’s schedule
The Chiefs have a walk-through scheduled for 10:40 a.m. and a regular practice scheduled for 3 p.m.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/04/3057794/chiefs-camp-report-for-aug-4.html#ixzz1UA074Ewi

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Someone needs to take away your thread starting abilities.

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Why?

Sofa King
08-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Why?

Pestilence doesn't like threads created on Fridays. It's Unholy.

wazu
08-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Why?

Football-related posts are not welcome here.

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Football-related posts are not welcome here.

Apparently. Sounds like someone got some liquid heat on their jock strap and the weather outside isn't making it any better.

LOCOChief
08-05-2011, 09:13 AM

What's the problem?

L.A. Chieffan
08-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Cassels in mid-season form

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-05-2011, 09:21 AM
What's the problem?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247809&page=29

Chiefnj2
08-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Gretz provided a little more info on Dorsey.

Mims threw Dorsey down. As Dorsey was falling his left foot appeared to be planted and his foot stuck in the turf, twisting his knee. He was wearing a brace at the time, so hopefully the damage, if any, was limited.

Chiefnj2
08-05-2011, 09:29 AM

People need to get over the whole "repost" crap and desire to have a mega-thread for things.

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 09:30 AM

Yeah fuck going to some giant mega-thread and trying to wade through a bunch of shit. This board has been littered with all kinds of either non-football related threads or lockout related football threads since the end of the Superbowl. I do find it funny on a "chiefs" bulletin board that the powers that be would like all football related topics compressed into 1 thread. Presumably, so as not to disrupt the other 20 non-football related topics that could range anywhere from a word game to a poop thread.

FRCDFED
08-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Starting your period?

DaFace
08-05-2011, 09:43 AM
People need to get over the whole "repost" crap and desire to have a mega-thread for things.

Yeah fuck going to some giant mega-thread and trying to wade through a bunch of shit. This board has been littered with all kinds of either non-football related threads or lockout related football threads since the end of the Superbowl. I do find it funny on a "chiefs" bulletin board that the powers that be would like all football related topics compressed into 1 thread. Presumably, so as not to disrupt the other 20 non-football related topics that could range anywhere from a word game to a poop thread.

Absolutely 100% agree. I've probably opened the "training camp" thread twice. I'm fine with people who like the "mega threads," but as far as I'm concerned, any article buried in a thread with more than 500 replies is completely acceptable for a new thread.

FRCDFED
08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Gretz provided a little more info on Dorsey.

Mims threw Dorsey down. As Dorsey was falling his left foot appeared to be planted and his foot stuck in the turf, twisting his knee. He was wearing a brace at the time, so hopefully the damage, if any, was limited.
Thanks! Yeah hopefully it isn't anything significant. Injuries can really change the dynamics on what we are hoping to do on defense (stating the obvious). I think we all have high hopes to see what Crennel can do with this defense with another year under his belt. He did a great job of getting everyone to play hard to the whistle last season.

SuperChief
08-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Starting your period?

Whattaya drinkin?

.....cranberry juice.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Gdt6SgFdNNw/SGEjeE9Wd8I/AAAAAAAAFfw/5nAL_EDTN-4/s400/cranberry_juice.jpg

boogblaster
08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
It's football .. players play hurt ....

Bob Dole
08-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah **** going to some giant mega-thread and trying to wade through a bunch of shit. This board has been littered with all kinds of either non-football related threads or lockout related football threads since the end of the Superbowl. I do find it funny on a "chiefs" bulletin board that the powers that be would like all football related topics compressed into 1 thread. Presumably, so as not to disrupt the other 20 non-football related topics that could range anywhere from a word game to a poop thread.

Bob Dole approves this message.

Saul Good
08-05-2011, 10:01 AM
We should just do away with threads completely. Just post everything into a singular mega-thread.

Delano
08-05-2011, 10:01 AM
I do find it funny on a "chiefs" bulletin board that the powers that be would like all football related topics compressed into 1 thread.

This has been proven incorrect.
Posted via Mobile Device

rageeumr
08-05-2011, 10:03 AM
If you're going to call repost and then link to a mega thread, at least have the GD common courtesy to link to the actual post and not just the thread.

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 10:08 AM
This has been proven incorrect.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not speaking about mods. They don't run the asylum, they just don't let the wanderers stray too far.

Hydrae
08-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Rep for posting the thread where the information can be seen. :thumb:

wazu
08-05-2011, 10:09 AM
If you're going to call repost and then link to a mega thread, at least have the GD common courtesy to link to the actual post and not just the thread.

Agreed. Although on second thought, don't bother. Couldn't be less interested in seeing it.

Rudy lost the toss
08-05-2011, 10:18 AM

owned

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 10:21 AM
owned

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0LNvBCySGMY/Tb-9QAiW7CI/AAAAAAAAAOM/oHxp7mGEt6c/s1600/come-at-me-bro-turtle.jpg

HotRoute
08-05-2011, 10:39 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0LNvBCySGMY/Tb-9QAiW7CI/AAAAAAAAAOM/oHxp7mGEt6c/s1600/come-at-me-bro-turtle.jpg

Repot

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Repot

Repost

FAIL

HotRoute
08-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Ya and I could give a shit less

Rausch
Absolutely 100% agree. I've probably opened the "training camp" thread twice. I'm fine with people who like the "mega threads," but as far as I'm concerned, any article buried in a thread with more than 500 replies is completely acceptable for a new thread.

Repost threads fall and die quickly.

They aren't a problem unless it's an uber-douche that stars it and then attention whores.

Then, that's your fault for keeping it going...

wazu
FAIL

HAHAHA. Awesome.

HotRoute
08-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah **** going to some giant mega-thread and trying to wade through a bunch of shit. This board has been littered with all kinds of either non-football related threads or lockout related football threads since the end of the Superbowl. I do find it funny on a "chiefs" bulletin board that the powers that be would like all football related topics compressed into 1 thread. Presumably, so as not to disrupt the other 20 non-football related topics that could range anywhere from a word game to a poop thread.

You hit the nail on the head.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
getnickwrightnick wright

Best I can tell, Glenn Dorsey is not out here at the walk thru... still no word on severity of injury yesterday #Chiefs

Okie_Apparition
08-05-2011, 11:26 AM
This overwhelming need to serve & protect a mega thread is puzzling.

Mr. Laz
08-05-2011, 11:38 AM
this

ReynardMuldrake
08-05-2011, 11:43 AM
IMO, it's only a repost if the topic was a previous THREAD TITLE. Doesn't count if it's buried in some catch-all thread. I'm not searching through 5000 posts every time I do a search.

Bump
08-05-2011, 11:53 AM

ya, I usually just laugh at those who get mad that there is a thread that they don't like. A lot of the times people will joke around and yell repost, but that's not a big deal. But some people seem to be genuinely upset by it and I think that's kinda funny and sad at the same time.

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 11:54 AM
LMAO at people who think I was serious.

Bump
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM

now this on the other hand bugs the crap out of me. You could give a shit less, that means that you care in the first place.

Bump
08-05-2011, 11:56 AM

you probably were but you got called out on it and now you wanna make it seem like you were just joking.

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
you probably were but you got called out on it and now you wanna make it seem like you were just joking.

No....why the fuck would I care? I was bored at home....feeding my kid.

It's nice to see everyone's vaginas filled with sand so early in the morning though.

TRR
08-05-2011, 12:01 PM
getnickwrightnick wright

Best I can tell, Glenn Dorsey is not out here at the walk thru... still no word on severity of injury yesterday #Chiefs

Dorsey is out there. No wrap or brace on the knee. Not taking part however. Either is Jon Baldwin per twitter. Both I think are just dinged up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Valiant
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM

Then why clamour about a repot if you did not care??

I agree with others.. this type of thread starting is what we want. Megathreads suck outside of gameday and girlie jpeg threads.

Coogs
08-05-2011, 12:06 PM

I really dispise the ***official*** mega-thread things as well. The repost shtick is getting very old as well. I like the old days around here a lot better, and really do understand why we have lost a lot of really good posters over the years.

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 12:09 PM
No....why the **** would I care? I was bored at home....feeding my kid.

It's nice to see everyone's vaginas filled with sand so early in the morning though.

I wish I had a vagina filled with sand. As hot as it is I would think I was at a beach. There could be no greater beach than the great vagina beach. Plenty of things to do there.

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I really dispise the ***official*** mega-thread things as well. The repost shtick is getting very old as well. I like the old days around here a lot better, and really do understand why we have lost a lot of really good posters over the years.

Yeah....because all of the good posters left because of the REPOST police. :rolleyes:

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
I wish I had a vagina filled with sand. As hot as it is I would think I was at a beach. There could be no greater beach than the great vagina beach. Plenty of things to do there.

A vagina beach would be nice....but I prefer my vaginas to be sand free.

Bump
08-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I say that if you call repost on something that you saw somewhere in a thread, you must go dig that up with the post # for proof otherwise you're banned for the rest of the day.

Bump
08-05-2011, 12:13 PM
No....why the **** would I care? I was bored at home....feeding my kid.

you're the only one butt hurt about it

Coogs
08-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah....because all of the good posters left because of the REPOST police. :rolleyes:

Not directly. Planet use to be a quality BB. It's still OK, but nothing like in the first few years.

King_Chief_Fan
08-05-2011, 12:14 PM

re-posting is likely to happen with all the non-football topics cluttering the front page

the repost police are attention whores

Coogs
08-05-2011, 12:15 PM
re-posting is likely to happen with all the non-football topics cluttering the front page

the repost police are attention whores

I don't have a problem with re-posts.

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't have a problem with re-posts.

I don't have a problem with reposts.

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 12:18 PM
you're the only one butt hurt about it

:spock:

Coogs
08-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't have a problem with reposts.

:D Exactly!

bobbything
08-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I wish each day there was a post about training camp, rather than that 37 mile long piece of sh*t I have to wade through to find out what color dump Mark Castle took that day.

I vote for daily threads.

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 12:28 PM
I wish each day there was a post about training camp, rather than that 37 mile long piece of sh*t I have to wade through to find out what color dump Mark Castle took that day.

So you want a new thread each time Matt Cassel takes a shit?

Coogs
08-05-2011, 12:35 PM

Heck, I would even go further. I liked having the multiple posts each day on different topics from that day.

bobbything
08-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Who?

Okie_Apparition
08-05-2011, 12:38 PM

There is room for both, IMO. This is a lightly moderated board. Except for those who use that as an opening to appoint themselves moderator. Which of course I have never done...

keg in kc
08-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Dorsey's big enough news it deserves its own thread.

Mr. Laz
08-05-2011, 01:39 PM

backtrack attempt ... check

diversion attempt ... check

Pestilence
08-05-2011, 02:24 PM
backtrack attempt ... check

diversion attempt ... check

Laz being the douchebag that he is.

Check.

Delano
08-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm not speaking about mods. They don't run the asylum, they just don't let the wanderers stray too far.

The moderators hold all of the power and use it sparingly. The infraction system is designed to thwart off Marlboro_Chief-style attacks, but infractions are nothing serious or long-term. Saying posters run this board is like saying voters run this country.
Posted via Mobile Device

Okie_Apparition
08-05-2011, 03:22 PM
The mega thread does have it's place.
I would say the official KnowMo thread is a welcome beacon on a stormy sea

Mr. Laz
08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
610SportsKC (http://twitter.com/#%21/610SportsKC) 610 Sports Radio- KC

Glen Dorsey and Jon Baldwin are both on the field but not in pads. For Baldwin word is a tweaked hamstring. Any concerns?

13 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/610SportsKC/status/99578696054222848) [/URL] (http://twitter.com/#)[URL="http://twitter.com/#"] (http://twitter.com/#)