PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Get A Free Authentic Chiefs Helmet!

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Ok....I appreciate everyone's help in voting for my wife's flower shop. To reward those that have voted and to incent a lot more to vote I'm going to sweeten the pot.

My full size authentic Chiefs helmet complete with the Derrick Thomas style facemask is up for grabs. For every vote you help me with is 1 entry into the drawing so if you get other friends, roommates or family members to vote just post on this thread how many you got(if you get some after your original vote just go back and edit your post rather that creating another one).
I will go back to the original "Help Needed" thread to count those that have already voted as well as with everyone that posts on here after they vote.

For those that didn't see the original thread here it is:

"I could use a big favor from the Planet. My wife has a little flower shop on the downtown square. The local ABC affiliate does this awards every year where people vote for the top business in each category. It is really good exposure as some people use the list year around kinda like an Angie's List for the Indianapolis area. Just found out she is in 3rd place. With help from the Planet she might be able to win.

Thanks a ton for helping. Takes less than 10 seconds to vote.

http://wrtv.cityvoter.com/my-fair-flora/biz/615697 (http://wrtv.cityvoter.com/my-fair-flora/biz/615697) "

SuperChief
08-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Good idea. I'll try and get as much people on board as possible for you.

sedated
08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
In. How do you know who voted?

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Good idea. I'll try and get as much people on board as possible for you.

Thanks a ton.

RustShack
08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I voted!

NaptownChief
In. How do you know who voted?

It's not 100% accurate but the overwhelming majority show up on that page as having voted along with the time stamp. So I can tell within reason if somebody actually voted.

SuperChief
Thanks a ton.

A n00b's gotta be good for something, amiright?

RustShack
Can you vote once a day or how does it work?

Dartgod
08-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I voted 3 times. Once when you originally posted the thread and twice today.

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Can you vote once a day or how does it work?

Just once per email address for the entire voting process which has 2 weeks left.

DMAC
08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Done. Good luck.

raboss11
08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Great Idea. I just voted w/ both of my email addresses (2). Saw she is in 1st too so your plan seems to be working.

HemiEd
08-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Done, that was easy.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Nice house

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Great Idea. I just voted w/ both of my email addresses (2). Saw she is in 1st too so your plan seems to be working.

You guys got us back there....We were in 1st with a big lead but the chain store had over 25 employees vote for themselves in the last day to come actually pass us by a vote or two. They have a lot of employees so their kung fu is very strong but I have a hunch that the Planet's kung fu is much stronger.

DMAC
08-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Fuck chains. Vote, bitches!

AndChiefs
08-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I did once originally for the first thread but I threw in a second vote with another e-mail address.

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Nice house

Thanks....a big pain to keep clean with two American Bulldogs and a new baby. With this flower shop chewing up nearly all of my wife's time you can guess who gets to clean this place....downsizing sounds pretty good every time I get done cleaning it. Either that or the flower business starts booming to where I can hire a weekly cleaning service. :D

warrior
08-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Naptownchief---got your wife 13pts what ever that means. :thumb:

gpsdude
08-05-2011, 01:21 PM
got you 4 today, good luck

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks....a big pain to keep clean with two American Bulldogs and a new baby. With this flower shop chewing up nearly all of my wife's time you can guess who gets to clean this place....downsizing sounds pretty good every time I get done cleaning it. Either that or the flower business starts booming to where I can hire a weekly cleaning service. :D

Good luck.

I voted but don't put me in your drawing.

Postal_clone
I voted...hope she wins

KCKID58
I voted and she's in first place. Btw, you can keep your helmet. Glad to help and wouldn't want to see you lose your helmet.

RockChalk
08-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Just voted!

Keep the helmet though

Postal_clone
08-05-2011, 01:40 PM
voted again diff email addy

ElGringo
08-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I have voted a few times already, let me know when she falls out and will find some more emails to vote with, but keep the helmet, don't imagine too many ways to get it to Mexico at a decent price anyway.

Bowser
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
In. You got 11 points out my virgin first vote. Good luck, and keep that helmet. Looks good in your place, and I'd feel like a thief taking it from you.

ReynardMuldrake
08-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I heard Naptown gives great helmet.

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Guys thanks very much for all the votes. As for those offering for me to keep my helmet I appreciate the gesture as that is pretty awesome of you. I would say that I would still put you in the drawing and if you win I would just keep it per your request...But if that happen some might think I operate as honestly as a Chicago election. So I will still put you guys in and if you win I will make you a trade. I have a mini helmet signed by Marcus Allen and I will send you that in lieu of allowing me to keep my big helmet but I still would like to send you at least that plus the little protective case that I have it in.

Thanks again

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I heard Naptown gives great helmet.

This will be my first time at giving great helmet.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Guys thanks very much for all the votes. As for those offering for me to keep my helmet I appreciate the gesture as that is pretty awesome of you. I would say that I would still put you in the drawing and if you win I would just keep it per your request...But if that happen some might think I operate as honestly as a Chicago election. So I will still put you guys in and if you win I will make you a trade. I have a mini helmet signed by Marcus Allen and I will send you that in lieu of allowing me to keep my big helmet but I still would like to send you at least that plus the little protective case that I have it in.

Thanks again

Well if you draw my name and send me anything I'll just send it back. I'm sure others will do the same. See how much of a waste of time and postage that is? Besides I won't give you my address so..... lets just win the contest for your wife and call it CP looking out for its own.

DMAC
08-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Well if you draw my name and send me anything I'll just send it back. I'm sure others will do the same. See how much of a waste of time and postage that is? Besides I won't give you my address so..... lets just win the contest for your wife and call it CP looking out for its own.

If Naptown sends me a helmet, I will keep and cherish said helmet.

Raiderhater58
08-05-2011, 04:58 PM
2 votes from me, good luck

Earthling
08-05-2011, 07:06 PM
:thumb:

KurtCobain
08-05-2011, 07:15 PM
voted.

And I'm not noonan, I would love to have the helmet. In fact, as an avid mult creator on message boards, I have over 50 email adresses. Let's do this.

griZZly64
08-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I voted. GL. Fuck big corpo!

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 08:21 PM
voted.

And I'm not noonan, I would love to have the helmet. In fact, as an avid mult creator on message boards, I have over 50 email adresses. Let's do this.

Most excellent! I like your chances of taking home the helmet if you post anywhere near that many votes.

KurtCobain
08-05-2011, 08:26 PM
so you guys can see all the emails that voted?

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 08:46 PM
so you guys can see all the emails that voted?

No but I can see the user name and time stamp. So if a bunch come in all at once and you tell me you had 15 votes around the same time then it is easy to match up.

KurtCobain
08-05-2011, 08:57 PM
No but I can see the user name and time stamp. So if a bunch come in all at once and you tell me you had 15 votes around the same time then it is easy to match up.

yeah, ive been doing them periodically. dont matter hope she wins!

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 09:01 PM
yeah, ive been doing them periodically. dont matter hope she wins!

No worries...keep track and just let me know your total when all done. It's like golf, a gentleman's game of integrity and self-officiating.

joesomebody
08-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Voted again. This is good mojo, I put you in first last time! Same thing, if I win, keep the helmet (though I bet it's awesome.)

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 09:42 PM
The chain store thinks their jujitsu is strong but they haven't felt the wrath of Planet Nation! They will be wondering "how the hell did that new little shop kick our ass?" Smack down bitches, Planet Style!

Shaid
08-05-2011, 10:10 PM
ok, got 4 votes in. 2 of my wifes and 2 of mine.

Rukdafaidas
08-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Voted, good luck!

Thig Lyfe
08-05-2011, 10:24 PM
This seems... unethical.

griZZly64
08-05-2011, 10:26 PM
double post? i thinks

BossChief
08-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I voted a billionty times.

Terribilis
08-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Voted

BryanBusby
08-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Went ahead and tossed in a vote. GL to your wife

NaptownChief
08-06-2011, 08:18 AM
This seems... unethical.

They send you a sign once you are nominated to put out and recruit people to vote for you. So not sure how recruiting people to vote for you in the social world is any different.

dannybcaitlyn
08-06-2011, 08:23 AM
I put in a vote for ya. Good luck

Dartgod
08-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Forgot I had a Chiefsplanet email address, so another vote from Dart G.

NaptownChief
08-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Forgot I had a Chiefsplanet email address, so another vote from Dart G.

Thanks Dart

Postal_clone
08-08-2011, 10:49 PM
when is the contest over....good luck to your wife

clyde05
08-09-2011, 01:36 AM
i voted, good luck

Buck
08-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Put in a vote, not interested in the helmet.

Good luck.

Param
08-09-2011, 02:43 AM
would have voted, but had to register.

KurtCobain
08-09-2011, 03:35 AM
not interested in the helmet.
LMAO

Dunit35
08-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Keep this page up front and I'll vote at work tonight. I'm on my itouch right meow. My wife and I have about 4-5 more email addresses.

Rukdafaidas
08-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Found another email, voted again.

NaptownChief
08-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Keep this page up front and I'll vote at work tonight. I'm on my itouch right meow. My wife and I have about 4-5 more email addresses.

Done...thanks for the help.

Dartgod
08-11-2011, 08:18 AM
How much longer does this contest run?

NaptownChief
08-11-2011, 08:29 AM
How much longer does this contest run?

9 days left...

NaptownChief
08-15-2011, 07:24 PM
4 days left to get in your votes and thus your entries into the drawing for the helmet. I will try and put together the drawing this weekend.

In the final week they don't show the standing so that it is a surprise to all involved. We were in 1st place going into this week but the big chain store was very close behind(less than 5 votes).

Thanks a bunch for all your help and hopefully with a final push we can get the win.

NaptownChief
08-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Anyone else looking to get in on the helmet? If I can shake you guys down for another 25 votes I will throw in my Marcus Allen signed mini helmet in the drawing for good measure! You will have a shot at the full size authentic and the mini signed by Marcus Allen. If you can come up with multiple votes you might win them both with a little luck.

Voting ends at midnight this Friday. Drawing will take place around noon on Sunday.

NaptownChief
08-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Voting closes tomorrow. Drawing this weekend for the helmet. Voting looks really close so I would greatly appreciate it if you can throw a brother a bone and cast a last minute vote.

This helmet will look pretty damn nice on your mantle for the Chiefs games. Step up and rock the vote bitches!

NaptownChief
08-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Looks like somebody from here just helped me with a vote. Let me know who it was so I can add you to the helmet drawing.

Chiefs P. (http://wrtv.cityvoter.com/user/6000de4efcc97f73) voted My Fair Flora (http://wrtv.cityvoter.com/my-fair-flora/biz/615697) for BEST Florist.
1 hour ago

Voting closes in 3 hours. Whoever it was, thanks a bunch for the help.
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> if ($('ConSubCatFilter').down('.Stats')) Event.observe($('ConSubCatFilter').down('.Stats'), 'click', function (e) { Event.stop(e); CityVoter.Overlay.show($('StatsBox')); }); Event.observe('ConSubCatSearch', 'submit', Event.stop); $('ConSubCatSearch').down('input').value = ''; initSearchDefaults($('ConSubCatSearch').down('input'), 'Type to filter instantly'); var bizz = $('SubCatBiz').select('li'); var doingFindEm = false; var doingAdvancedSearch = false; var lastSearch = null; var lastAdvancedSearch = null; var pollingStarted = false; function searching() { $('CatSearchHolder').addClassName('Searching'); $('BizAdd').setOpacity(.5); doingAdvancedSearch = true; } function doneSearching() { $('CatSearchHolder').removeClassName('Searching'); $('BizAdd').setOpacity(1); doingAdvancedSearch = false; } function doSearchPolling() { var query = $('ConSubCatSearch').down('input').value; if (query && query != lastAdvancedSearch && query.length > 2) doAdvancedSearch(query); } function doAdvancedSearch(criteria) { if (doingAdvancedSearch) return; searching(); try { new Ajax.Request('/best/florist/shopping/indianapolis?q=' + encodeURI(criteria), { onSuccess: function (transport) { $('SubCatExtra').update(transport.responseText); }, onComplete: function () { doneSearching(); lastAdvancedSearch = criteria }, method: 'get' }); } catch (Error) { lastAdvancedSearch = query; doingAdvancedSearch = false; throw Error; } } function findEm() { if (doingFindEm) return; var criteria = $('ConSubCatSearch').down('input').value; if (criteria == lastSearch) return; doingFindEm = true; lastSearch = criteria; try { var rx = new RegExp(RegExp.escape(criteria), 'i'); var filtercount = 0; var hidecount = 0; for (var i = 0; i < bizz.length; i++) { var match = rx.test(bizz[i].down('.BizName').innerHTML); if (match) { bizz[i].show(); filtercount++; } else { hidecount++; bizz[i].hide(); } } if (hidecount > 0) $('SubCatBiz').addClassName('Filtered'); else $('SubCatBiz').removeClassName('Filtered'); if (!pollingStarted && filtercount < 1 && criteria && criteria.length > 1) { setInterval(doSearchPolling, 250); pollingStarted = true; } } catch (Error) { throw Error; } finally { doingFindEm = false; } } Event.observe($('ConSubCatSearch').down('input'), 'keyup', findEm);</SCRIPT>

Buck
08-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Just added 2 more votes. Good luck.

NaptownChief
08-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Just added 2 more votes. Good luck.

Thanks Buck and good luck in the helmet drawing...I will have it put together by Sunday as long as the golden child plays nice with the old man.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-19-2011, 08:45 PM
In.

NaptownChief
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Simply got his helmet. I was getting a little concerned since I hadn't heard from him but he sent me this message:

"Simply Red
I finally got the helmet, my 'ex' dumbass apartment complex NEVER let me know they had a package for me. Anyhow, that was nothing as to what i'd expected. That was so very cool of you - if you're ever in Atlanta, I'll pay for dinner. You're a kind kind person bud, ty again, SOO much - it's centered on my dresser and looks sharp!"

Thanks again to everyone for helping my wife out. I really appreciate it. I will come up with something really cool for you guys again next year.

RockChalk
10-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Did the flower shop win?

DMAC
10-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Whoever wins me the 250 million powerball whatever contest, I will give them my house and all my possessions.

NaptownChief
10-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Did the flower shop win?

She did. Sorry for the slow response. My life is not one of envy at the moment. Between my career, a 6 month old baby and this flower shop I'm lucky to get 5 minutes a day to even look at the internet. Business is going well but to keep expenses down and turning a profit I am working 7 days a week helping at the shop. Usually about 4 hours in the evenings, 6 hours on Fridays plus 4 to 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday. Add it all up and the sleep deprived NaptownChief is working about 70 hours a week at the moment. Maybe Occupy Wall Street can come and protest out in front of my house for being so "privileged" %(/