PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will we win the in first round this year?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-05-2011, 03:16 PM
If we go, we'd damned well better. We're just as equipped as any other team without a legit QB now.

Do it.

Bump
08-05-2011, 03:18 PM
what do you mean? Aren't we going 5-11 for sure this season?

MIAdragon
08-05-2011, 03:20 PM

We won't make the playoffs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2011, 01:18 PM

We're as good as any other team with a QB that marks the weakest link overall and must be led to water.

There is no reason that we can not both get to the first round and win it. Re-build/Excuse time is over.

MoreLemonPledge
08-12-2011, 01:19 PM
KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING JERRELL POWE

-King-
08-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Depends on who we play.

MOhillbilly
08-12-2011, 01:30 PM
why the fuck ya gotta jinx us DCS? Gahddahm SON!

Reerun_KC
08-12-2011, 01:35 PM
:facepalm:

Another bash Cassel Jackoff thread started by the biggest flopper on this board...

So freaking lame...

Extra Point
08-12-2011, 01:37 PM
The odds of making the playoffs are 4-12, with or without Cassel.

SNR
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM

Another bash Cassel Jackoff thread started by the biggest flopper on this board...

So freaking lame...Another reactionary overprotective post of Cassel.

We're talking team, here. Cassel's the marginally talented but passionate, tough leader of that team, so yeah, he'll get talked about. But it's all about the team here. Stay focused, plz.

And I agree with the OP. My expectations are to win a playoff game. It's been too fucking long for this goddamn franchise, and we have the best talent/coaching staff right now in that entire playoff drought. I want to see some success damn it.

stevieray
08-12-2011, 01:41 PM
wait a minute, is this bizarro planet?

..we've heard (ad nauseum) that Cassel isn't good enough, and the argument that success only comes with an elite QB....

now that doesn't matter, because the rest of the team is good enough? the guy you say has no skills is supposed to win, in spite of himself? :spock:

...are you celebrating the return of football a little early?

Reerun_KC
08-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Another reactionary overprotective post of Cassel.

We're talking team, here. Cassel's the marginally talented but passionate, tough leader of that team, so yeah, he'll get talked about. But it's all about the team here. Stay focused, plz.

And I agree with the OP. My expectations are to win a playoff game. It's been too ****ing long for this goddamn franchise, and we have the best talent/coaching staff right now in that entire playoff drought. I want to see some success damn it.

There are nothing wrong with expectations for the playoffs. ITS been a long freaking time dont you think? Shit, my son wasnt even thought of back then and he is in HS now...

Has nothing to do with being over protective of Cassel... I was just stating the obvious that ROR wants another sasuage sucking fest for bashing Cassel...

But I want so see a fucking playoff win and a championship, period. I think you guys are to quick to overlook the team aspect in hopes of looking cool by bashing the QB....

CrazyPhuD
08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I think we have a pretty good shot at winning in the first round of the preseason. TB's going to be rusty as long as we hold Williams and Freeman in check we should win this one.

Thig Lyfe
08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Matt Cassel sucks.

CrazyPhuD
08-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Matt Cassel sucks.

The worst part about Cassel isn't that he sucks, it's that he spits.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2011, 01:49 PM

So freaking lame...

Uh, you can change that to "gettin' shit RIGHT since" etc., Sir Dicksock.

..we've heard (ad nauseum) that Cassel isn't good enough, and the argument that success only comes with an elite QB....

now that doesn't matter, because the rest of the team is good enough? the guy you say has no skills is supposed to win, in spite of himself? :spock:

...are you celebrating the return of football a little early?

He isn't good enough, but the team CAN be. This team, even through weeks of agonizing, unimaginative screens and dink-dunking, has now acquired enough talent, though young, to win a first-round play off game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2011, 01:50 PM
There are nothing wrong with expectations for the playoffs. ITS been a long freaking time dont you think? Shit, my son wasnt even thought of back then and he is in HS now...

Has nothing to do with being over protective of Cassel... I was just stating the obvious that ROR wants another sasuage sucking fest for bashing Cassel...

But I want so see a fucking playoff win and a championship, period. I think you guys are to quick to overlook the team aspect in hopes of looking cool by bashing the QB....

The team can. Cassel can limp along for the ride.

Are you getting it now?

Reerun_KC
08-12-2011, 01:51 PM
The team can. Cassel can limp along for the ride.

Are you getting it now?

Nothing to get... Youre a one trick gimmic poster with zero substance...

But carry on your dick fest for Cassel...

MoreLemonPledge
08-12-2011, 01:53 PM

And I agree with the OP. My expectations are to win a playoff game. It's been too fucking long for this goddamn franchise, and we have the best talent/coaching staff right now in that entire playoff drought. I want to see some success damn it.

The thread was bashing Cassel from the beginning (as most DCS/RoR/some other acronym's threads usually are). I don't think it's all about team...

Extra Point
08-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Sir, Matt Cassel is no Trent Dilfer!!!!

SNR
08-12-2011, 01:54 PM

...are you celebrating the return of football a little early?I've said this several times, but i absolutely love the direction this team is taking. There's so much young talent here. And so the way I look at it, this team is going to do great things with or without Cassel. If he's good enough, he stays. If not, he's not going to be around much longer. i think Haley recognizes that, too.

Spott
08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
No, but only because we'll have a first round bye. We'll still lose in the second round, though.

Reerun_KC
08-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I've said this several times, but i absolutely love the direction this team is taking. There's so much young talent here. And so the way I look at it, this team is going to do great things with or without Cassel. If he's good enough, he stays. If not, he's not going to be around much longer. i think Haley recognizes that, too.

:thumb:

Very well said...

They wont stick with someone that cannot produce to the level they want...

With or Without Cassel this team is on the right track.

CrazyPhuD
08-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Sir, Matt Cassel is no Trent Dilfer!!!!

Sure Trent Dilfer won a super bowl.

MoreLemonPledge
08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
No, but only because we'll have a first round bye. We'll still lose in the second round, though.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/files/2011/06/dog-dude-wait-what.jpg

stevieray
I've said this several times, but i absolutely love the direction this team is taking. There's so much young talent here. And so the way I look at it, this team is going to do great things with or without Cassel. If he's good enough, he stays. If not, he's not going to be around much longer. i think Haley recognizes that, too.

I think that's been the pretty clear direction of H/P/H since the getgo.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Nothing to get... Youre a one trick gimmic poster with zero substance...

But carry on your dick fest for Cassel...

Eh, there will be more to discuss once the team actually starts playing. But until that time, as it has been since losing to Baltimore, Matt Cassel has been a huge, inconsistent disappointment who just happens to sport a pretty enough stat-line to give his defenders some ammo in regards to his playing abilities.

It's okay; he won't be around forever. Just around long enough to waste about 2 to 3 more years of this young, ascending, and talented teams' time.

MoreLemonPledge
08-12-2011, 01:58 PM
But until that time, as it has been since losing to Baltimore, Matt Cassel has been a huge, inconsistent disappointment who just happens to sport a pretty enough stat-line to give his defenders some ammo in regards to his playing abilities.

Um, he hasn't played since losing to Baltimore...

Pawnmower
08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
If we go, we'd damned well better. We're just as equipped as any other team without a legit QB now.

Do it.

That is a pretty huge IF , considering the schedule...But I would be willing to guess that if we have the balls to make the playoffs, that we'll win round 1.

keg in kc
08-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I don't have expectations, but this is the first time since I started following the team back in '99 that I think they could win a playoff game. I didn't ever believe it was possible under Gunther because he wasn't a strong enough coach and the team was mediocre in a general sense, I didn't believe it was possible with Vermeil because of the defense and I didn't believe it was possible under Herm because, much like Gunther, the team was mediocre overall.

This will be, hands down, the most talented Chiefs team I've ever seen, as a fan. At least on paper. There are legitimate stars on both sides of the ball, and while every position isn't filled with a pro bowler, there aren't very many guys in the starting lineup these days that wouldn't have a job elsewhere if they left, which is an enormous change from the past decade. And, although I have my concerns regarding Muir (both as a line coach and as an OC), I believe they have a very strong coaching staff.

So I think it's entirely possible that they win a playoff game. And I think that's the first time I've really been able to say that.

On the flip side, I also think it's entirely possible that they win only win 7 or 8 games. They're young and they're playing a schedule unlike anything they've seen before. Every game this season is a big game. Okay, it's always like that in the NFL, we all know that, but this year they're playing a number of teams that have for years been where Kansas City finds themselves now. And I don't think there's any way to predict how they're going to react to that kind of pressure.

It's a good kind of pressure, though. I think there is such a thing as "learning how to win" or perhaps better "learning how to be a winning franchise" and seasons like this one are building blocks for that. They're playing with the big boys now, and that's what you have to do if you ever want to join those ranks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Um, he hasn't played since losing to Baltimore...

Exactly. Until we kick off tonight, he is still residing under "Hugechokesuckwad"-status.

Where he will go after said kick off remains to be seen.

Of course, my personal estimate on said direction is well-known:

0. Static. Ceiling achieved.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
That is a pretty huge IF , considering the schedule...But I would be willing to guess that if we have the balls to make the playoffs, that we'll win round 1.

That's what I'm saying; if we get to the first, this team needs to move on to the next level.

ReynardMuldrake
08-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Exactly. Until we kick off tonight, he is still residing under "Hugechokesuckwad"-status.

Where he will go after said kick off remains to be seen.

Of course, my personal estimate on said direction is well-known:

0. Static. Ceiling achieved.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE ZORN.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2011, 02:28 PM
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE ZORN.

I believe in the power of Jim Zorn. But I believe his time would be better spent focusing his mentoring on young Mr. Stanzi.
Cassel was an okay guy to have around to take the beatings during the re-build, but it's beyond obvious that he is the QB that the team will have to carry as opposed to a QB who can carry his team.

Reerun_KC
08-12-2011, 02:29 PM

:doh!:

Well that didnt work out well did it?

MoreLemonPledge
08-12-2011, 02:30 PM
I believe in the power of Jim Zorn. But I believe his time would be better spent focusing his mentoring on young Mr. Stanzi.
Cassel was an okay guy to have around to take the beatings during the re-build, but it's beyond obvious that he is the QB that the team will have to carry as opposed to a QB who can carry his team.

Wow. You really think Stanzi is better? I'd like to hear the evidence.

Otter
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
KEEP ****ING DOUBTING JERRELL POWE

http://boldandfab.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/pow.jpg

keg in kc
08-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Wow. You really think Stanzi is better? I'd like to hear the evidence.Nothing could possibly go wrong with Ricky Cassel. He's a future star.

Otter
I don't have expectations, but this is the first time since I started following the team back in '99 that I think they could win a playoff game. I didn't ever believe it was possible under Gunther because he wasn't a strong enough coach and the team was mediocre in a general sense, I didn't believe it was possible with Vermeil because of the defense and I didn't believe it was possible under Herm because, much like Gunther, the team was mediocre overall.

This will be, hands down, the most talented Chiefs team I've ever seen, as a fan. At least on paper. There are legitimate stars on both sides of the ball, and while every position isn't filled with a pro bowler, there aren't very many guys in the starting lineup these days that wouldn't have a job elsewhere if they left, which is an enormous change from the past decade. And, although I have my concerns regarding Muir (both as a line coach and as an OC), I believe they have a very strong coaching staff.

So I think it's entirely possible that they win a playoff game. And I think that's the first time I've really been able to say that.

On the flip side, I also think it's entirely possible that they win only win 7 or 8 games. They're young and they're playing a schedule unlike anything they've seen before. Every game this season is a big game. Okay, it's always like that in the NFL, we all know that, but this year they're playing a number of teams that have for years been where Kansas City finds themselves now. And I don't think there's any way to predict how they're going to react to that kind of pressure.

It's a good kind of pressure, though. I think there is such a thing as "learning how to win" or perhaps better "learning how to be a winning franchise" and seasons like this one are building blocks for that. They're playing with the big boys now, and that's what you have to do if you ever want to join those ranks.

Well written.

When the changing of the guard took place I assumed if they were going to be worth a damn it would take 3 years to rebuild the mess they inherited, which they've done a fine job, and then start seeking trophies.

No complaints what so ever. I'll watch with great interest year but unless there's some sort of collapse it would be tough for me to come out disappointed.

Chris Meck
I'm iffy on Cassel.

I'm optimistic about Stanzi's chances to develop.

I think we're going to be a better team than we were last year, but will not make the playoffs. That stretch in Nov/Dec is just brutal.

8-8, with the arrow going up is my bet. Legit contender in '12.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2011, 02:39 PM

See below:

I'm iffy on Cassel.

I'm optimistic about Stanzi's chances to develop.

I think we're going to be a better team than we were last year, but will not make the playoffs. That stretch in Nov/Dec is just brutal.

8-8, with the arrow going up is my bet. Legit contender in '12.

That is to say, I'd rather see Stanzi given the time and attention needed to begin his development at the pro level.

Halfcan
08-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Playoffs? We havnt evn played the first preseason game-LAME!!

Halfcan
08-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Playoffs? We havn't even played the first preseason game-LAME!!

bobbything
08-12-2011, 02:47 PM
I'll judge Cassel on one thing this year, for the most part. His 3rd down conversion %. Last season he sucked huge brown balls on 3rd down. Might have been in the bottom 5 in the league. This team, in general, simply sucked on 3rd down. But Cassel was terrible in that department.

He's gotta get his completion % up overall, and has to covert more 3rd downs. I had a stat last season that showed his 3rd down %, but don't know what I did with it. I know Clayton figured out some numbers too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2011, 11:08 AM

As of today?

Fuck, and yes.

MoreLemonPledge
08-13-2011, 11:23 AM
As of today?

Fuck, and yes.

He's pretty damn good at running for his life, I guess...

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2011, 11:36 AM
He's pretty damn good at running for his life, I guess...

And throwing the ball. Unless, of course, you and I were watching diffrent games...

MoreLemonPledge
08-13-2011, 11:44 AM
And throwing the ball. Unless, of course, you and I were watching diffrent games...

There was absolutely nothing spectacular in anything he did, other than Baldwin almost bailing out a severely off-target throw.

SNR
08-13-2011, 11:50 AM
There was absolutely nothing spectacular in anything he did, other than Baldwin almost bailing out a severely off-target throw.Watch him in the pocket. He's the only fucking QB on this roster who actually sets his goddamn feet when he throws. He actually looks like he knows how to play the position.

Give him time and experience. And more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Watch him in the pocket. He's the only fucking QB on this roster who actually sets his goddamn feet when he throws. He actually looks like he knows how to play the position.

THANK YOU! HELL-THE-FUCK-O AMERICA!

Well, Lemon IS a self-proclaimed "Cassel Ballwasher" so...

baitism
08-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Watch him in the pocket. He's the only ****ing QB on this roster who actually sets his goddamn feet when he throws. He actually looks like he knows how to play the position.

That is the difference between someone who played their whole career as a starter and someone who carried a clip board their whole college and pro career until a few years ago.

|Zach|
08-13-2011, 12:05 PM

But I want so see a ****ing playoff win and a championship, period. I think you guys are to quick to overlook the team aspect in hopes of looking cool by bashing the QB....

Its all true.

|Zach|
08-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Every time the wind blows ROR gets a different football opinion.

Guru
08-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Thats a tall order. since preseason isn't going to give us ANY indication of how good this team is going to be, I am waiting until week 5 to decide.