PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft College Football Watch List

NaptownChief
08-05-2011, 09:17 PM
The Andrew Luck thread got me thinking(I know, it doesn't happen often) but during the college football season I watch a ton of games from all over the country and a handful of players will jump out at me. Some of them are big named players that are getting a lot of press but many of them are not. So my thought is to start a running thread for random thoughts on players you see this season that jump out at you. It can be big name players but especially the no name guys that we can all learn about and try to watch for ourselves throughout the season.

A good example from last season would be from my own backyard, Tandon Doss WR at Indiana. Good athlete that just seems to have the intangibles for the game of football. 4th round pick by the Ravens and probably would have went a bit higher had he not been recovering from injury during the combine.

But as I mentioned on the other thread the guy that really jumped out at me early last year when watching a couple games was Cyrus Gray RB for Texas AM. Just seems to have something special about him. Another kid from Indiana that I think will fall into this category in the next couple years is Duwyce Wilson WR at Indiana. Great story, both his parents are blind. Really good kid from Columbus, Indiana, played WR for Gunner Kiel's older brother Dusty(who will probably be IU's starting QB this year) stayed close to home because of his parents. But he just seems to have that extra something as well. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him.

But since there are tons of college football fans here on the Planet that gives us all a lot of extra eyes to help make the season more fun as we have more players to look at.

Also, I would prefer you bring up kids that have something about them even if you know it is a long shot of them making something of themselves in the NFL. Cause the reality is most players won't make it in the NFL and only a rare few will actually make it and be a top player. So don't hold back.

Bump
08-05-2011, 11:15 PM
James Sims

Direckshun
08-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Every Chiefs fan interested in the Draft and scouting for fun must watch LT Riley Reiff of Iowa ALL SEASON.

I'm willing to bet he's the guy we'll be debating about all 2012's draft season.

COchief
08-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I want the Bobby Boucher style madman ILB from ASU.

This man is insane:
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvcsffTQojI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RustShack
08-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Jake Knott and Kelechi Osemele

Bewbies
08-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Move this shit to draft planet.

COchief
08-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Move this shit to draft planet.

Move this douchebag to the STFD & STFU "I just joined a year ago and am giving orders" shitforbrains planet.

Kthnksbye

the Talking Can
08-06-2011, 07:02 PM
it will probably get lost, but this is a great thread idea

it nice to recognize the names of off the radar players once the draft rolls around...

seems next year our #1 pick could be a tackle, an ilb, a cb(? if we don't sign both carr/flowers)...a QB if we fail this year?...

Bewbies
08-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Move this douchebag to the STFD & STFU "I just joined a year ago and am giving orders" shitforbrains planet.

Kthnksbye

n00b

Bewbies
08-06-2011, 07:03 PM
it will probably get lost, but this is a great thread idea

it nice to recognize the names of off the radar players once the draft rolls around...

seems next year our #1 pick could be a tackle, an ilb, a cb(? if we don't sign both carr/flowers)...a QB if we fail this year?...

I was wondering if we don't need a QB what makes sense with our first pick, strange we've come that far so fast...

the Talking Can
08-06-2011, 07:07 PM
I was wondering if we don't need a QB what makes sense with our first pick, strange we've come that far so fast...

yeah, had the same thought

i personally think Albert will be fine, so if we're looking at a tackle will be a RT...and i doubt they think a 1st rounder is necessary for the position

ILB looks like a strength of the next draft, so it is easy to guess that could be the pick...but Belcher could take another step this year

as sick it may seem, DE could still be a top need next year...jackson has to prove something, gilberry could be gone/traded next year if he puts up another 7 sacks as an undersized rotation DE...

Bewbies
08-06-2011, 07:11 PM
yeah, had the same thought

i personally think Albert will be fine, so if we're looking at a tackle will be a RT...and i doubt they think a 1st rounder is necessary for the position

ILB looks like a strength of the next draft, so it is easy to guess that could be the pick...but Belcher could take another step this year

as sick it may seem, DE could still be a top need next year...jackson has to prove something, gilberry could be gone/traded next year if he puts up another 7 sacks as an undersized rotation DE...

Kind of nice to be good enough you're not looking at every position with your first pick...

I hope Cassel pans out, but if he sucks it up one guy that's intriguing to me is Foles out of Arizona. Wouldn't mind Richardson from Alabama, or the freak LB at ASU either...

ChiefsHawk
08-06-2011, 07:17 PM
no one from iowa state should be listed sorry

BossChief
08-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Marvin McNutt

ForeverChiefs58
08-08-2011, 02:47 PM
@McShay13Todd McShay

My preseason heisman top 5: 1 Stan QB Luck, 2 QB Jones, 3 Ala RB Richardson, 4 Ore RB James, 5 S.C. RB Lattimore. Thoughts?

Bump
08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
It would be worth it to tank this season and go winless and draft Luck. We'll never be a superbowl contender without a legit QB.

DaKCMan AP
08-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Alshon Jeffery is pretty sick.

aturnis
08-08-2011, 03:08 PM
I want the Bobby Boucher style madman ILB from ASU.

This man is insane:
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvcsffTQojI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He also over-commits, isn't as good in coverage as some of the others at his position, and is a cheap shot artist. He hits hard though. :rolleyes: Not the kind of player I see Pioli taking.

aturnis
08-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Every Chiefs fan interested in the Draft and scouting for fun must watch LT Riley Reiff of Iowa ALL SEASON.

I'm willing to bet he's the guy we'll be debating about all 2012's draft season.

I disagree and I'm a big ole' Iowa fan. I thought he did a better job at LT than Bulaga while he filled in due to injury his sophmore year. Brooks Reed destroyed him in the Iowa ASU game.

Stupid offensive coordinator kept calling plays with long developing routes, giving Reed and others time to get to the QB, giving Stanzi no time to throw.

Should have worked the short/intermediate routes. Definitely had the personnel for that between DJK, McNutt(on my watch list), and Reisner...

Tribal Warfare
08-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Burfict recently punched a teammate BTW

aturnis
08-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Marvin McNutt

This. Not in the first round though. Just clarifying for people who might think that's what we're suggesting.

the Talking Can
08-08-2011, 03:29 PM

Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict was involved in a locker room fight with a teammate Wednesday, school spokesman Mark Brand confirmed.

Brand called the fight between Burfict and receiver Kevin Ozier "a minor skirmish that was quickly resolved." He said there were no injuries and both players missed no practice time after the altercation.

Burfict, a 6-foot-3, 252-pound junior and preseason All-American, and Ozier, a 6-foot, 201-pound sophomore, scuffled at practice before the conflict reignited in the locker room.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/23964/burfict-involved-in-locker-room-altercation

aturnis
08-08-2011, 03:30 PM

****ing guy is in a steroid induced ALL CAPS RAGE! Psycho mother****er.