PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Potential contest to win a Club 50 ticket to Chiefs games this year....

DRU
08-06-2011, 08:22 AM
I've got a pair of Club 50 tix: Section 119, Row 26. The ticket gives you full access to the VIP Club area through-out the entire game, but then of course your ticket is lower level, 50 yard line.

I've recently setup a new Facebook page for my business and I'd like to generate some traffic to it.

I was thinking it might be fun (and cool for my company) to run a contest each week to see who can generate the most Likes for my Facebook page. I'm going to attach the Like buttons to Google Analytics so I can easily track where the Likes come from. It will also track Unlikes, so you won't be able to easily fake it.

I was thinking I could run a fresh one each week, and whoever generates the most Likes for me that week gets to go the game with me that week. Then, if we get to the playoffs and have a home game, whoever generated the most throughout the year would get the playoff game.

I know it would be more beneficial to the winner if I gave you the pair of tix, but I can't bring myself to not go to the games myself, so you'll get a single ticket as your prize. You're welcome to just go with me or I could forward you the ticket through ticket exchange and you can go on your own accord.

Sound like fun? Would anybody be interested in something like that?

jjjayb
08-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Sound like fun? Would anybody be interested in something like that?

http://thedraconian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Entourage-Bob-Ryan-300x168.jpg

Mr. Arrowhead
08-06-2011, 09:32 AM
heh, sounds like too much work lol

DRU
08-06-2011, 09:48 AM
heh, sounds like too much work lol

That's what I was wondering...if a ticket like that would be enough incentive for people to do that.

What else could we do? I've got the tix and would like to do something with the extra to each game.

Dante84
08-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Become a big brother sponsor and take a kid who would never get to go otherwise? :shrug:

RustShack
08-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Give them to me. I will like the page.

DRU
08-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Become a big brother sponsor and take a kid who would never get to go otherwise? :shrug:

I actually went to a BBBS meeting and was just about to do it, but I couldn't pull the trigger for fear that I wouldn't be responsible enough and I'd just let the kid down. Taking them to a Chiefs game is one thing, but being there more than just that I'd probably fail at, unfortunately.

Imalowe
08-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I just got an email today saying that they are taking away club level access during the game. Their "update" was quite dissappointing especially since they waited after tickets were paid for last spring, then fedex and delivered yesterday, and just 3 days prior to first game. Please call them and complain about this bait and switch. They will tell you that it was just a "free look" last year and not a protocol, just a benefit. Please call them 816.920.4237 and voice your concern and ask them to reconsider.

Here is the paste with phone:

We are Back to Football and looking forward to another memorable 2011 season! As we prepare for the first preseason home game on August 12th, we wanted to provide you with an update on your Club 50 status. In addition to having some of the best tickets at Arrowhead Stadium, Club 50 ticket holders will also enjoy the following benefits:
·Access to the Scout Investments Club Level Following the Game: Wait out the traffic from one of the exquisite lounge areas while catching highlights and games from around the NFL. The Scout Investments Club Level features a wide variety of upgraded food and beverage options.
·Exclusive Club 50 Concession Lanes: Club 50 guests will enjoy lanes reserved for Club 50 ticket holders at select concession stands located behind your seating area. Enjoy quick and easy ordering so you can enjoy the game with minimal disruption. These dedicated lanes are reserved exclusively for Club 50 guests at the following locations: Tailgaters section 101 and 117; Blaze section 102 and 116.

·Pregame Sideline Access: Club 50 account holders will have an opportunity to visit the sidelines during pregame warm-ups one time per year at a game chosen by the Kansas City Chiefs. One invitation will be extended to each account allowing two total people this unique opportunity. Due to the exclusiveness of this invitation, specific game requests cannot be accommodated.

·Commemorative Gifts: Club 50 account holders will receive up to three gifts throughout the season supporting themes for upcoming games including Breast Cancer Awareness and Military Day.

·Invitation to Special Events: Throughout the year Club 50 account holders will receive invitations to select off-season events.
Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can assist you in making your gameday experience the best. Our Customer Relations department is available to assist you with your gameday needs at 816.920.4237
We look forward to having you in the sea of red to cheer on your Kansas City Chiefs!
Sincerely,
The Kansas City Chiefs

Bugeater
08-09-2011, 06:39 PM
You know football season is close when all kinds of weird shit starts popping up here.

KurtCobain
08-09-2011, 06:41 PM
You know football season is close when all kinds of weird shit starts popping up here.

This.

And I've always been a big fan of all that weird shit.

I'm in.

DRU
08-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately, Imalowe is correct. They've stripped us of the Club Level this year. I already did call to complain and they basically told me tough shit.

So it's still a Club 50 ticket and there are still some nice benefits. For example, the pre-game sideline visit. Maybe we could just turn this contest into the +1 for that game, although, I won't know which game it is until that time comes.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Two questions...

1. Do I have to start a facebook page to play?

and

2. If I win do I really have to sit by you?

Bugeater
08-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Two questions...

and

You can probably sit in his lap if you'd like.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-09-2011, 07:29 PM

Well then I'm in. As soon as I get on facebook.

KurtCobain
08-09-2011, 07:29 PM

Clothing optional I would hope.

DRU
08-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Two questions...

and

It would be a single ticket to get you into the stadium. Where you spend your time after that is up to you. It really doesn't look like this is gonna get enough action, though.

Chocolate Hog
08-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm going to the game with Dru fools

Phobia
08-09-2011, 08:11 PM
I still don't understand the big deal with sideline passes. Pre-game, during the game - whenever. In fact, sideline passes during the game kinda suck. You can't see as much as you can elevated.

The Bad Guy
08-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Unfortunately, Imalowe is correct. They've stripped us of the Club Level this year. I already did call to complain and they basically told me tough shit.

So it's still a Club 50 ticket and there are still some nice benefits. For example, the pre-game sideline visit. Maybe we could just turn this contest into the +1 for that game, although, I won't know which game it is until that time comes.

Then what's the benefit of paying double what lower level seats cost? That's bullshit they took away that perk.

DRU
08-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Then what's the benefit of paying double what lower level seats cost? That's bullshit they took away that perk.

They're not double. Club 50 tix are $118/each. The other field level options are listed at $110, $94, and $86.

It is rather upsetting, though. It was a nice cherry on the top of a good seat to have Club level access through-out the game. The chili-cheese fries up there have better quality chili and diced onions and tomatoes!

The Bad Guy
08-09-2011, 09:22 PM
They're not double. Club 50 tix are $118/each. The other field level options are listed at $110, $94, and $86.

It is rather upsetting, though. It was a nice cherry on the top of a good seat to have Club level access through-out the game. The chili-cheese fries up there have better quality chili and diced onions and tomatoes!

I had Club 50 seats a few times. I'm surprised they are only 18 more a seat than my pair of lower levels though.

DRU
08-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Looks like they've created a "Draft Room" that provides a similar atmosphere as the club level but it's on the lower level. "The Draft Room provides Club 50 Season Ticket Holders, Sideline Select Suite Holders and Field Box Holders with a new option for your game day experience."

I gotta say, I was surprised to actually get a call back from Arrowhead after I had griped about this, and I don't know if our feedback regarding our position on what happened with all of this provoked the creation of this Draft Room or not, but it's nice to see that one way or another they didn't totally drop the ball on that.

gblowfish
08-22-2011, 11:40 AM
I got this email today from the Chiefs. I have "Club 50" seats in Sec 119:

Dear George:

Because you are a valued Club 50 Season Ticket Holder, we wanted to update you on the Draft Room, a new private, indoor lounge located on the Field Level, south side, of Arrowhead Stadium.

Debuting on Friday, August 26th when the Kansas City Chiefs host the St. Louis Rams, the Draft Room will feature a full cash bar with beer, wine and cocktails, in addition to limited gameday concession items. Guests can watch the Chiefs and other NFL game broadcasts in high definition, while listening to live game coverage by the Chiefs Radio Network, all in the comfort of a sports-bar setting. The Draft Room will be open two and half hours before kickoff, throughout the duration of the game and one hour post game.

The Draft Room provides Club 50 Season Ticket Holders, Sideline Select Suite Holders and Field Box Holders with a new option for your gameday enjoyment. Simply show your Club 50 game ticket at one of the entry points listed below to gain access.

Entry to the Draft Room from outside Arrowhead Stadium:

- A private entrance to the Draft Room is located on the south side of Arrowhead Stadium, just to the west of the Tower Gate Entrance, accessible via two double doors with the NFL Draft logo

Entry to the Draft Room from inside Arrowhead Stadium:

- Access to the Draft Room from within the stadium is only permitted at Plaza (Street) Level from the F spiral

- Draft Room signage will be located at Plaza (Street) Level directing patrons through two double doors

- For gameday questions on accessibility to this new club please visit your nearest Fans First location

- Please note, access to the Draft Room is subject to posted capacity. We do not take RSVPs, arrive early!

In addition to access to the new Draft Room, we also wanted to outline the additional benefits you receive as a Club 50 Season Ticket Holder:

Access to the Scout Investments Club Level Following the Game: Wait out the traffic from one of the exquisite lounge areas while catching highlights and games from around the NFL. The Scout Investments Club Level features a wide variety of upgraded food and beverage options.

Exclusive Club 50 Concession Lanes: Club 50 guests will enjoy lanes reserved for Club 50 ticket holders at select concession stands located behind your seating area. Enjoy quick and easy ordering so you can enjoy the game with minimal disruption. These dedicated lanes are reserved exclusively for Club 50 guests at the following locations: Tailgaters section 101 and 117; Blaze section 102 and 116.

Pregame Sideline Access: Club 50 account holders will have an opportunity to visit the sidelines during pregame warm-ups one time per year at a game chosen by the Kansas City Chiefs. One invitation will be extended to each account allowing two total people this unique opportunity. Due to the exclusiveness of this invitation, specific game requests cannot be accommodated.

Commemorative Gifts: Club 50 account holders will receive up to three gifts throughout the season supporting themes for upcoming games including Breast Cancer Awareness and Military Day.

Invitation to Special Events: Throughout the year Club 50 account holders will receive invitations to select off-season events.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can assist you in making your gameday experience the best. Our Customer Relations department is available to assist you with your gameday needs at 816.920.4237 or customerrelations@kcchiefs.org.

We look forward to having you in the sea of red to cheer on your Kansas City Chiefs!

Sincerely,

The Kansas City Chiefs

DRU
08-22-2011, 11:50 AM
gblowfish: yup, that's the email I got today, too. I'm glad they didn't just take away what they gave us last year without making an effort to give us something that at least resembles it. It'll be interesting to see what it's all about on Friday.

DRU
08-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Ha, I was just informed that the Draft Room has a max capacity of 300 people with 2800 eligible to attend.