PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Fallen Navy Seals!

ROYC75
08-06-2011, 12:09 PM
THIS IS SAD!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/06/afghan-president-31-americans-killed-in-helicopter-crash/?test=latestnews

Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan Kills Members of SEAL Team 6

Published August 06, 2011
AP

July 26: Afghan President Hamid Karzai speaks during a gathering with high ranking Afghan military officials at the presidential palace in Kabul, Afghanistan.

WASHINGTON -- The Associated Press has learned that more than 20 Navy SEALs from the unit that killed Osama bin Laden were among those lost in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

The operators from SEAL Team Six were flown by a crew of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. That's according to one current and one former U.S. official. Both spoke on condition of anonymity because families are still being notified of the loss of their loved ones.

One source says the team was thought to include 22 SEALs, three Air Force air controllers, seven Afghan Army troops, a dog and his handler, and a civilian interpreter, plus the helicopter crew.

The sources thought this was the largest single loss of life ever for SEAL Team Six, known as the Naval Special Warfare Development Group.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/06/afghan-president-31-americans-killed-in-helicopter-crash/#ixzz1UGm17DEr

alanm
08-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I suppose one has to wonder if it was indeed a accident. Or payback for Bin Laden.

Bewbies
08-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I suppose one has to wonder if it was indeed a accident. Or payback for Bin Laden.

They wouldn't know who was in the helicopter.

That being said, someone around here will post a link before long about how convenient it is that we never saw Bin Laden and now the team that took him out is dead too. Watch.

Pants
08-06-2011, 12:39 PM

That being said, someone around here will post a link before long about how convenient it is that we never saw Bin Laden and now the team that took him out is dead too. Watch.

It's not the team that took him out. It's just a part of the large unit that is SEAL Team 6.

HonestChieffan
08-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Good chance the Fed was involved. And Masons.

Bewbies
08-06-2011, 12:42 PM
It's not the team that took him out. It's just a part of the large unit that is SEAL Team 6.

I read it differently, I hope you're right. It's a sad day...

Pants
08-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I read it differently, I hope you're right. It's a sad day...

"20 SEALs from the unit that killed Osama..." That unit is has 200+ members.

Either way this is a huge loss, it's not easy replacing the elite of the elite. :(

Bewbies
08-06-2011, 12:50 PM
"20 SEALs from the unit that killed Osama..." That unit is has 200+ members.

Either way this is a huge loss, it's not easy replacing the elite of the elite. :(

I first read the story on the AJC website, where it says members of the team that killed Bin Laden...

I went back to double check and they changed it from 'team' to 'unit' too.

If we lost over 20 of those guys 10% of the unit is gone. :(

alanm
08-06-2011, 12:58 PM

That being said, someone around here will post a link before long about how convenient it is that we never saw Bin Laden and now the team that took him out is dead too. Watch.I don't think it would matter about the individuals. Just AQ hitting back at Seal Team 6.