PDA

View Full Version : News Alabama Sheriff's Office tricks fathers wanted for child support.

Dunit35
08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/police-offer-fake-free-tix-auburn-alabama-game-arrest-deadbeat-parents-video

Operation Iron Snare looks like a huge success.

The Alabama County police sent out letters to parents suspected of not paying child support telling them they won tickets to the Auburn-Alabama game. All they had to do was show up with ID to collect. Instead of winning free tickets, they won an arrest. They called it "Operation Iron Snare" and it seems to have worked like a charm.

I really like how they had crappy pop music playing and balloons to really get these deadbeat parents' hopes up before they put the cuffs on them. They even went so far as to ask them which team they root for a few seconds before they break the news to them that they have a warrant for their arrest. What goes around comes around.

There is a video of some of it in the link. Link has some possible NSFW links.

Repost...don't care.

Reaper16
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh, Alabama. There is a perverse nature to this stunt that doesn't sit well with me, though. The ONLY reason to have the cameras and fake reporters is to make the shock and pain of the arrest greater. This is an effective police operation with a needless level of cruelty to it.

There isn't a need for either cruelty or hilarity. There's a need for justice. All this does is give the police dept. an unnecessary public pat on the back, while lessening the efficacy of running similar operations in the future. It's making future policing of back child support less effective just so people on the internet can get a few laughs.

Bowser
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I think KC pulled a similar stunt a couple of years back. They nabbed quite a few deadbeat douchebags, iirc.

Valiant
08-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Oh, Alabama. There is a perverse nature to this stunt that doesn't sit well with me, though. The ONLY reason to have the cameras and fake reporters is to make the shock and pain of the arrest greater. This is an effective police operation with a needless level of cruelty to it.

There isn't a need for either cruelty or hilarity. There's a need for justice. All this does is give the police dept. an unnecessary public pat on the back, while lessening the efficacy of running similar operations in the future. It's making future policing of back child support less effective just so people on the internet can get a few laughs.

Well considering a couple people have been on to catch a predator a couple of times.. I can see the same dopes falling for the same thing again in the future..

milkman
08-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Did the same thing a few years back here in California, with news cameras picking up the reactions of the deadbeat dads when they learned the truth.

58-4ever
08-06-2011, 08:52 PM
On an Alabama note, have they found a way to save all those trees that were poisoned by that Roll Tide hillbilly?

Bowser
08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Another good one....

You're driving along the highway and see a sign on the side - "DRUG ENFORCEMENT CHECKPOINT 1 MILE". A few cars naturally jump off at the first exit only to find the cops waiting at the bottom of the off ramp. Kansas Troopers pull this quite often out west of Topeka. They'll even have a car sitting a mile down the road in the median with the lights lit up. Heh.

Chiefshrink
08-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm all for it. To hell with the "sperm donors"!!!!:thumb:

Dunit35
08-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I like this idea. Saw this on the news earlier and they reported that some owed upwards of $30k with one owing $75K.

Spott
08-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Too bad they can't go after my ex wife. She hasn't paid me in 7 years.

Bowser
08-06-2011, 09:02 PM

Doesn't count if your kid is 30.

I keed. That's fucked up. I've heard that story about a few different women. I guess it's just as easy to be a deadbeat mom.

Baconeater
08-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Eh, fuck them. They deserve to be publicly humiliated.

GloryDayz
08-06-2011, 09:11 PM

This... It's just as bad both ways. Funny how one is usually just blown off.. Glad I don't have the problem, but I've had plenty of folks who worked for me who do.

LVNHACK
08-06-2011, 09:39 PM
I pay my ex 1235.00 every 2 friggin weeks in spousal support...My girlfriends ex is SUPPOSED to pay like 500.00 a month for his 9 yr old daughter, has made 2 payments in 6 months....but his new skank gotta engagement ring.....fucking cockbreath

GloryDayz
08-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I pay my ex 1235.00 every 2 friggin weeks in spousal support...My girlfriends ex is SUPPOSED to pay like 500.00 a month for his 9 yr old daughter, has made 2 payments in 6 months....but his new skank gotta engagement ring.....****ing cockbreath

Adopt??? I'd thing the court might just let you...

Bowser
08-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I pay my ex 1235.00 every 2 friggin weeks in spousal support...My girlfriends ex is SUPPOSED to pay like 500.00 a month for his 9 yr old daughter, has made 2 payments in 6 months....but his new skank gotta engagement ring.....fucking cockbreath

Good lord. Talk about getting the shaft.

I have a buddy that pays upwards of 2400/month. His ex had a job where she would get paid cash (no, not a hooker) for many of the jobs she did. He said she claimed in court she made less than 20K/year, where in reality it was closer to 3-4 times that.

The_Doctor10
08-06-2011, 09:55 PM

Nobody needs to be humiliated and suffer cruel/unusual punishment more than deadbeat dads. Fuck I hate those lowlifes... Take care of your kid so he doesn't rob me at an ATM when he's 16, Jesus Christ.

Reaper16
08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Nobody needs to be humiliated and suffer cruel/unusual punishment more than deadbeat dads. Fuck I hate those lowlifes... Take care of your kid so he doesn't rob me at an ATM when he's 16, Jesus Christ.
They're already being humiliated. What gives us the right to watch that humiliation?

J Diddy
08-06-2011, 10:10 PM

Going on a year and a half here.

pr_capone
08-06-2011, 10:51 PM
They're already being humiliated. What gives us the right to watch that humiliation?

There is no humiliatation if it is not done publically. Otherwise they are just being arrested. I've been arrested before and was not embarrased in the least. Had they videotapoed it and made it available to my co-werokers and family... that is alltogether a different thing.

Obviously threatening them with jailtime was not enough of a deterrent to keep them paying their due. PErhaps public humiliation will do the trick.

The_Doctor10
08-06-2011, 11:17 PM

America in general? As long as they keep their underwear on and don't say 'c*nt' I think we're allowed to watch everything. Or am I misinformed?

pr_capone
08-06-2011, 11:18 PM
America in general? As long as they keep their underwear on and don't say 'c*nt' I think we're allowed to watch everything. Or am I misinformed?

I'm pretty sure we can say cunt.

pr_capone
08-06-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm pretty sure we can say ****.

According to the word filter, I stand corrected.

The_Doctor10
08-06-2011, 11:22 PM
According to the word filter, I stand corrected.

You could say it if we were on HBO.

Pitt Gorilla
08-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Reminds me of the Tyrone Biggums intervention:

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='512' height='340'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/chappelles_show/index.jhtml'>Chappelles Show</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'></td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=11888&title=tyrone-biggums-crack'>Tyrone Biggums Crack Intervention</a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:512px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/'>www.comedycentral.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:11888' width='512' height='288' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://shop.comedycentral.com/?v=comedy-central_shows_chappelles-show&SESSID=870783e1901f9dd5c2769413fc45aa24'>Buy Chappelle's Show DVDs</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/chappelles_show/videos/index.jhtml'>Black Comedy</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=11909&title=hes-rick-james'>True Hollywood Story</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

pr_capone
08-06-2011, 11:50 PM
How can cock be completely permissible but the word cunt is *'d out?

Just Passin' By
08-07-2011, 12:06 AM
How can cock be completely permissible but the word **** is *'d out?

If you want something that makes sense, a censor/filter is never going to be the place to look.

LVNHACK
08-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Good lord. Talk about getting the shaft.

I have a buddy that pays upwards of 2400/month. His ex had a job where she would get paid cash (no, not a hooker) for many of the jobs she did. He said she claimed in court she made less than 20K/year, where in reality it was closer to 3-4 times that.

My ex was a pillhead...But we had been married for 19 yrs state of Ks., she claims see can't work...yeah cause she's friggin stoned...I'm just glad to be rid of her...

chefsos
08-07-2011, 01:15 AM
How can cock be completely permissible but the word cunt is *'d out?South Carolina Game****s would look pretty funny...

Frazod
08-07-2011, 06:11 AM

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to have the bitch killed? Good Lord. :shake:

beach tribe
08-07-2011, 06:33 AM
They originally did this in DC with SB tickets one year the Redskins were in it.

J Diddy
08-07-2011, 07:26 AM

What gives them the right to not pay? You talk of public humiliation but in reality isn't the children who are being publicly humiliated? What about the mothers who can't make ends meet and have to get welfare?

All that has an impact on a child. Especially, if he can't see his mama because she's working her butt off to do the right thing rather than spending with the child. It impacts the child because he's getting denied several things for lack of money in most cases.

LVNHACK
08-07-2011, 08:29 AM

I'm hoping she does that herself or "Cohabitates" for a period of 30 days....Dude if I hadn't changed jobs she's have got 5700.00 a month

teedubya
08-07-2011, 08:42 AM
On an Alabama note, have they found a way to save all those trees that were poisoned by that Roll Tide hillbilly?

http://ocm.auburn.edu/news/oaks_updates.html

Prognosis not good, yet.

Gonzo
08-07-2011, 09:56 AM
They've been pulling stunts like this for years, now. If the dead-beat cocksuckers are dumb enough to fall for it, they deserve every bit of humiliation.
I personally think that there should be a website set up similar to the one for sex offenders. That would help out quite a bit, too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
08-07-2011, 10:05 AM
What gives them the right to not pay? You talk of public humiliation but in reality isn't the children who are being publicly humiliated? What about the mothers who can't make ends meet and have to get welfare?

All that has an impact on a child. Especially, if he can't see his mama because she's working her butt off to do the right thing rather than spending with the child. It impacts the child because he's getting denied several things for lack of money in most cases.
What the fuck is this post? First off, you don't need to tell me any of this. I've was down that road as a child; my father went to jail for eleven months at one point for back child support. Second off, this is a total strawman you're trying to set up. This post in no way refutes or even continues the discussion from the quoted post of mine. I was all: "it doesn't feel right that this is being used for entertainment" and you were all: "THESE PEOPLE ARE BAD WHY DON'T YOU AGREE THAT THEY ARE BAD!"

Rausch
08-07-2011, 10:08 AM

I'd kill her for 1/2 that a month...

Rausch
08-07-2011, 10:10 AM
I'd kill her for 1/2 that a month...

Now watch her die in some odd way...:banghead:

alanm
08-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I pay my ex 1235.00 every 2 friggin weeks in spousal support...My girlfriends ex is SUPPOSED to pay like 500.00 a month for his 9 yr old daughter, has made 2 payments in 6 months....but his new skank gotta engagement ring.....****ing cockbreathHACK!! Where the f*ck have you been??? How's life treating ya???

alnorth
08-07-2011, 11:35 AM

I understand your argument, but never mind the back child support, they should be publicly humiliated just for being incredibly stupid. One of the primary rules of the internet is, if you did not enter the contest, you did not win. If someone says they picked your name at random out of a telephone book, it is a scam.

Now, you might think what could it hurt to drive down a couple miles somewhere and see if someone will give you the free tickets? If you got nothing going on then fine, go in with your eyes open. But, since their scam-o-meter should have been blaring with sirens and flashing lights (if they were not stupid), they should have then remembered the warrant they have out for their arrest or their back child support and realized that it is probably a sting.

Guru
08-07-2011, 11:59 AM
If it sounds too good to be true......

LMAO

RedNeckRaider
08-07-2011, 12:06 PM
The Broncos did this same trick back in the 80s with the bribe of Superbowl tickets~

BillSelfsTrophycase
08-07-2011, 12:09 PM

:shake: Damn

Reminds me of this (NSFW Language):

http://youtu.be/lXKB77cLGqI

Brock
08-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I pay my ex 1235.00 every 2 friggin weeks in spousal support...

I don't know how you can even make a living doing that.

J Diddy
08-07-2011, 12:38 PM
What the **** is this post? First off, you don't need to tell me any of this. I've was down that road as a child; my father went to jail for eleven months at one point for back child support. Second off, this is a total strawman you're trying to set up. This post in no way refutes or even continues the discussion from the quoted post of mine. I was all: "it doesn't feel right that this is being used for entertainment" and you were all: "THESE PEOPLE ARE BAD WHY DON'T YOU AGREE THAT THEY ARE BAD!"

My point is that there actions or lack of action, whatever the case may be, is not only humiliating the child but potentially harming the child. These people are getting a taste of their own medicine, which you disagree with.

I not only went down this road as a child, I'm going down this road as a parent. I pay child support on my daughter whom I do not have custody of and I get none in return for my son whom I do have custody of.

I believe that qualifies me to have an opinion.

Bwana
08-07-2011, 12:53 PM
LMAO Nice

BossChief
08-07-2011, 12:54 PM
seems like cruel and unusual punishment....maybe even entrapment...but fuck it, at one point you have to pay the piper.

Maybe this type of treatment will teach them that their kids should be just as important (or even MORE important) than their own "needs".

In my experience, the courts are somewhat fair at the level they set the support...but if you choose to ignore your kids needs, you should be treated with absolutely no respect.

alnorth
08-07-2011, 01:43 PM
seems like cruel and unusual punishment....maybe even entrapment...but **** it, at one point you have to pay the piper.

Maybe this type of treatment will teach them that their kids should be just as important (or even MORE important) than their own "needs".

In my experience, the courts are somewhat fair at the level they set the support...but if you choose to ignore your kids needs, you should be treated with absolutely no respect.

If the perp walk in NYC is not cruel and unusual, then neither is this. (I don't agree with perp walks in front of the media, but there ya go)

As for entrapment, that does not even remotely apply. Entrapment means the cops illegally coerced you into breaking the law. (extreme example: cops posing as a gang member asking you to go buy him some drugs because he and his friends can't leave the house right now. After you say no, he steps it up by suggesting that if you don't do it he might call some buddies over to talk to you and there could be trouble. Fearing for your life, you go buy the drugs)

This isn't even a traditional sting operation where cops are hoping you'll go up and break the law and they have to be careful to only offer you the option to break the law without coercing you too much. They just said to someone who they wanted to arrest "hey guy, free ****, just come over."

-King-
08-07-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't know how you can even make a living doing that.

That's what I was thinking. You're pretty well off if you can pay 32k a year for child support.

|Zach|
08-07-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't know if it is cruel and unusual but much like to catch the predator it makes police look like a bunch of grand standing attention needing jerk offs.

Love the justice. Hate the dog and pony show.

GoHuge
08-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Well if you think getting child support is tough you outta see how tough it is to get visitation on a set of tits you bought for a chick.

Brock
08-07-2011, 02:15 PM
That's what I was thinking. You're pretty well off if you can pay 32k a year for child support.

And it's not even child support. It's alimony.

Frazod
08-07-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm hoping she does that herself or "Cohabitates" for a period of 30 days....Dude if I hadn't changed jobs she's have got 5700.00 a month

Was she fucking the judge? Damn.

Lzen
08-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Was she fucking the judge? Damn.

Maybe. Maybe not. But the judge definitely fucked him.

Predarat
08-07-2011, 04:10 PM
You can say cunt as long as you spell it correctly. Then the word filter blocks it and if someone doesn't give a fuck that you said cunt they have the word filter off and it will display cunt.

BWillie
08-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Reason #455 to not have kids

BigMeatballDave
08-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Reason #455 to not have kids:spock:

BigMeatballDave
08-07-2011, 05:30 PM
I pay my ex 1235.00 every 2 friggin weeks in spousal support...My girlfriends ex is SUPPOSED to pay like 500.00 a month for his 9 yr old daughter, has made 2 payments in 6 months....but his new skank gotta engagement ring.....fucking cockbreathHoly fuck! Am I reading this correctly? You're paying your ex roughly 2,470/mo. alimony?

BigMeatballDave
08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm hoping she does that herself or "Cohabitates" for a period of 30 days....Dude if I hadn't changed jobs she's have got 5700.00 a monthGood God. I would have to shank a bitch.

BigMeatballDave
08-07-2011, 05:34 PM
NSFW-language

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XAmeW8bq08k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>