08-07-2011, 06:13 PM
49% of who?

HonestChieffan
08-07-2011, 06:47 PM
49% of who?

they

Saul Good
08-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Someone listened to the radio, reported what they heard someone say, posted it on a Ron Paul message board, and billay posted a thread about it. Good work.

Saul Good
08-07-2011, 07:04 PM
BTW, I'm not joking in that last post. It's exactly what happened.

http://www.dailypaul.com/173040/ron-paul-16-in-new-rasmussen-iowa-polling

ChiefaRoo
08-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Romney is doing well considering he's not even campaigning there.

ILChief
08-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Michele Bachmann 22%
Mitt Romney 21%
Ron Paul 16%
Rick Perry 12%
Tim Pawlenty 11%

49% say that they may not vote for the Republican if RP is not nominated

which RP? Rick Perry or Ron Paul

Chocolate Hog
08-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Ron Paul.

BucEyedPea
08-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Romney is doing well considering he's not even campaigning there.
Polls on Romney don't measure that the support he has is also very tepid. It's mostly big corporate support. Ya' know the guys who 'effd us during the debt crisis and who won't defund Obamacare or cut spending? Yep, those guys.

Even the Club for Growth ( NC) has a white paper or Romney that rate him C on taxes and spending.

Dave Lane
08-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Go Michele go!!

ChiefaRoo
08-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Polls on Romney don't measure that the support he has is also very tepid. It's mostly big corporate support. Ya' know the guys who 'effd us during the debt crisis and who won't defund Obamacare or cut spending? Yep, those guys.

Even the Club for Growth ( NC) has a white paper or Romney that rate him C on taxes and spending.

I understand Pea. Romney has a chance of being a good President in tough circumstances. He's tailor made for the problems we face with his business background. I realize he's not a builder/maker of thing type of businessman but I have no doubt he understands and would listen to the guys who are in the private sector. These private sector small and medium sized companies are the people who hold the key to hiring and lowering the unemployment rate. A Conservative Congress would go a long way in getting structural reform of entitlements, taxes et al in place and then Romney would sign it. He may not be a rock ribbed Conservative but he is a realist and a solid personality with a background in the private sector. I don't think it's fair to paint him with the broad brush of the wall street guys who along with Govt. cronyism wrecked the financial markets and damaged the country. To my knowledge Romney was never on Wall Street when that all went down.

BucEyedPea
08-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I understand Pea. Romney has a chance of being a good President in tough circumstances.
He will NEVER defund Obamacare EV'R!

He's tailor made for the problems we face with his business background.
We disagree then.

The only thing that is going to work is to get more Tea Party fiscal conservatives in congress to be able to override an Obama veto. Because all the same party in there with a liberal Republican means another Bush presidency and I do NOT want that.

Besides this idea of a businessman necessarily being better is not something I completely buy.

ChiefaRoo
08-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Go Michele go!!

Bachmann will not get the Nominaton. It will be Romney hands down. He may get some tough competition if Christie changes his mind and announces he'll run sometime after Labor day but who knows at this point.

If Romney wins the nomination and pics a Conservative Tea Party type like Marco Rubio it would go a long way in helping him with Conservatives and Hispanics while he can make the case to the Independents. It would be damn hard for Obama to attack a ticket like this which is what he must do since his record is so awful.

BucEyedPea
08-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Bachmann will not get the Nominaton. It will be Romney hands down. He may get some tough competition if Christie changes his mind and announces he'll run sometime after Labor day but who knows at this point.

If Romney wins the nomination and pics a Conservative Tea Party type like Marco Rubio it would go a long way in helping him with Conservatives and Hispanics while he can make the case to the Independents. It would be damn hard for Obama to attack a ticket like this which is what he must do since his record is so awful.

Marc Rubio is not a Tea Partier or even type. He disavowed even being one. He's a terrific speaker but he's all Establishment and in particular a NC one. Time for the Establishment to be brought down.

Taco John
08-07-2011, 09:42 PM
I understand Pea. Romney has a chance of being a good President in tough circumstances. He's tailor made for the problems we face with his business background. I realize he's not a builder/maker of thing type of businessman but I have no doubt he understands and would listen to the guys who are in the private sector. These private sector small and medium sized companies are the people who hold the key to hiring and lowering the unemployment rate. A Conservative Congress would go a long way in getting structural reform of entitlements, taxes et al in place and then Romney would sign it. He may not be a rock ribbed Conservative but he is a realist and a solid personality with a background in the private sector. I don't think it's fair to paint him with the broad brush of the wall street guys who along with Govt. cronyism wrecked the financial markets and damaged the country. To my knowledge Romney was never on Wall Street when that all went down.

Romney's business background isn't terribly impressive. He's a glorified project manager. He doesn't know anything about the economy. He'll prove that pretty convincingly in the debates.

Chocolate Hog
08-07-2011, 10:28 PM

The guy was great at downsizing and firing people none of which was government. Hows that going to work with 9.2% unemployment? He's the creator of Obamacare which has failed in his state and had the 47th best economy.

alanm
08-08-2011, 10:51 AM

If Romney wins the nomination and pics a Conservative Tea Party type like Marco Rubio it would go a long way in helping him with Conservatives and Hispanics while he can make the case to the Independents. It would be damn hard for Obama to attack a ticket like this which is what he must do since his record is so awful.How about a Christie/Rubio ticket?

BucEyedPea
08-08-2011, 10:54 AM
How about a Christie/Rubio ticket?

I thought Christie has adamantly refused to run though.

General note— Bachmann is now in the lead in Iowa pushing Romney to 2nd place. Still within the margin of error.

alanm
08-08-2011, 11:03 AM
I thought Christie has adamantly refused to run though.

General note— Bachmann is now in the lead in Iowa pushing Romney to 2nd place. Still within the margin of error.Or so he's said. But he's spending quite a bit of time poking around Iowa lately.

Chocolate Hog
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
USA Today Gallup Poll/ National Poll

Mitt Romney 24%
Rich Perry 17%
Ron Paul 14%
Michele Bachmann 13%
Newt Gingrich 7%
Herman Cain 4%
Tim Pawlenty 3%
Jon Huntsman 2%
Rick Santorum 1%

orange
08-08-2011, 05:29 PM
http://us.cdn1.123rf.com/168nwm/sandralise/sandralise0903/sandralise090300038/4585639-straw-hat-with-gloves-on-a-bale-of-hay-in-barn.jpg

Rick Perry intends to use a speech in South Carolina on Saturday to make clear that he's running for president, POLITICO has learned.

According to two sources familiar with the plan, the Texas governor will remove any doubt about his White House intentions during his appearance at a RedState conference in Charleston.

It's uncertain whether Saturday will mark a formal declaration, but Perry's decision to disclose his intentions the same day as the Ames straw poll — and then hours later make his first trip to New Hampshire — will send shock waves through the race and upend whatever results come out of the straw poll.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60884.html#ixzz1UU13fzHT

BucEyedPea
08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
USA Today Gallup Poll/ National Poll

Mitt Romney 24%
Rich Perry 17%
Ron Paul 14%
Michele Bachmann 13%
Newt Gingrich 7%
Herman Cain 4%
Tim Pawlenty 3%
Jon Huntsman 2%
Rick Santorum 1%

Looks as though Mr. Gardasil takes some from Bachmann and some from Romney. Interesting.

Cannibal
08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I wish the repubus would nominate Paul. At least we could get these fuckin wars ended. We'd actually see some tangible "change".

Calcountry
08-08-2011, 06:20 PM

Even the Club for Growth ( NC) has a white paper or Romney that rate him C on taxes and spending.If Paul wins the nomination, I would support him with my whole heart.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2011, 06:21 PM
If Paul wins the nomination, I would support him with my whole heart.

Well that's nice. I doubt the Republicans will nominate him though. I just don't want Romney the most.

Calcountry
08-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Well that's nice. I doubt the Republicans will nominate him though. I just don't want Romney the most.I don't want Romney either. Karl Rove is for Romney, you just wait if it isn't already obvious.

Who Rove hates the most, is Perry.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't want Romney either. Karl Rove is for Romney, you just wait if it isn't already obvious.

Who Rove hates the most, is Perry.

Well I gotta admit, that's one in the plus column for Perry.

Just beware that he sold out the Rs on the TSA scene in Texas.

Calcountry
08-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Well I gotta admit, that's one in the plus column for Perry.

Just beware that he sold out the Rs on the TSA scene in Texas.Nobody is perfect.