PDA

View Full Version : Economics S&P downgrade showed ‘terrible’ judgement: Geithner

KILLER_CLOWN
08-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner slammed Standard & Poor's on Sunday as showing "terrible judgement" in downgrading the US credit rating for the first time ever.

"I think S&P has shown really terrible judgement and they've handled themselves poorly, and they have shown a stunning lack of knowledge about basic US fiscal budget math, and I think they came to exactly the wrong conclusion," Geithner said in an interview with NBC News.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/08/08/sp-downgrade-showed-terrible-judgement-geithner/

Hey Timmay!

Spending $16 trillion to bail out Wall Street's mortgage-backed security fraud and keep the crooks out of jail showed even worse judgement!

BucEyedPea
08-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Of course, it's just as much an indictment of Timmy too!

ROYC75
08-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Go ahead Timmy, mouth off, piss them off and we will get a worst rating. Ignore the facts we needed 4 trillion in cuts and then more cutting with increased revenues.

petegz28
08-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes, because our Congress and their spending habits showed good judgement, right?

Extra Point
08-08-2011, 04:30 PM
One of its own, going against him! Oh, the humanity!

KC native
08-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Normally, I'm one for saying Geithner is an idiot but he's absolutely right in this situation.

Calcountry
08-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Normally, I'm one for saying Geithner is an idiot but he's absolutely right in this situation.You have to jump on board that ass, cause it's the only ass you got.

petegz28
08-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Normally, I'm one for saying Geithner is an idiot but he's absolutely right in this situation.

Yes but he needs to do more besides blame S&P and call them names. Same goes for Obama and everyone else.

ROYC75
08-08-2011, 09:32 PM

They may of, as did the housing situation as well as the previous bailouts credit ratings.

But Obama & Congress were fools for ignoring the will of the people for more cuts and not listing to S & P's warnings.

I blame Obama and Congress more than S & P. If they would have taken S & P serious, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Just keep turning that blind eye and a deaf ear about it, to Liberals, 28 trillion dollar debt in a few years is nothing.

Guru
08-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Do what the American people want and stop overspending. JFC

ROYC75
08-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Polls show Dem's approve of the debt ceiling deal more than the R's.:doh!:

http://news.yahoo.com/poll-americans-think-debt-deal-economy-worse-not-181900473.html

How can this be, it's Tea Party's fault, damn terrorist, racist thugs holding the county hostage.:hmmm:

Jaric
08-09-2011, 07:37 AM
I agree it was terrible judgement. We probably should have been downgraded sooner, and further than we were.

Our economic system is unsustainable and we are completely unwilling to change it. The rest of the world knows this. China has been trying to get it through our thick skulls but in the end we're going to keep doing things the way we have been until it all comes crashing down.