PDA

View Full Version : General Politics 25 reasons not to vote for Rick Perry

Chocolate Hog
08-09-2011, 05:43 AM
27 Reasons To Not Vote For Rick Perry
#1 Rick Perry is a “big government” politician. When Rick Perry became the governor of Texas in 2000, the total spending by the Texas state government was approximately $49 billion. Ten years later it was approximately $90 billion. That is not exactly reducing the size of government.

#2 The debt of the state of Texas is out of control. According to usdebtclock.org, the debt to GDP ratio in Texas is 22.9% and the debt per citizen is $10,645. In California (a total financial basket case), the debt to GDP ratio is just 18.7% and the debt per citizen is only $9932. If Rick Perry runs for president these are numbers he will want to keep well hidden.

#3 The total debt of the Texas government has more than doubled since Rick Perry became governor. So what would the U.S. national debt look like after four (or eight) years of Rick Perry?

#4 Rick Perry claims that he has a “track record” of not raising taxes. That is a false claim. Rick Perry has repeatedly raised taxes and fees while he has been governor. Today, Texans are faced with significantly higher taxes and fees than they were before Rick Perry was elected.

#5 Even with the oil boom in Texas, 23 states have a lower unemployment rate than Texas does.

#6 In 1984, Perry was elected to the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat from a district (64) that included his home county of Haskell.

#7 Back in 1988, Rick Perry supported Al Gore for president. In fact, Rick Perry actually served as Al Gore’s campaign chairman in the state of Texas that year.

#8 Between December 2007 and April 2011, weekly wages in the U.S. increased by about 5 percent. In the state of Texas they increased by just 0.6% over that same time period.

#9 Texas now has one of the worst education systems in the nation. The following is from an opinion piece that was actually authored by Barbara Bush earlier this year….
* 36th in the nation in high school graduation rates. An estimated 3.8 million Texans do not have a high school diploma.
* 49th in verbal SAT scores, 47th in literacy and 46th in average math SAT scores.
* 33rd in the nation on teacher salaries.

#10 Texas has the highest percentage of workers making minimum wage out of all 50 states.

#11 Rick Perry often gives speeches about illegal immigration, but when you look at the facts, he has been incredibly soft on the issue. If Rick Perry does not plan to secure the border, then he should not be president because illegal immigration is absolutely devastating many areas of the southwest United States.

#12 In 2007, 221,000 residents of Texas were making minimum wage or less. By 2010, that number had risen to 550,000.

#13 Rick Perry actually issued an executive order in 2007 that would have forced almost every single girl in the state of Texas to receive the Gardasil vaccine before entering the sixth grade. Perry would have put parents in a position where they would have had to fill out an application and beg the government not to inject their child with a highly controversial vaccine. Since then, very serious safety issues regarding this vaccine have come to light. Fortunately, lawmakers in Texas blocked what Perry was trying to do. According to Wikipedia, many were troubled when “apparent financial connections between Merck and Perry were reported by news outlets, such as a $6,000 campaign contribution and Merck’s hiring of former Perry Chief of Staff Mike Toomey to handle its Texas lobbying work.”

#14 In 2008, Rick Perry stood beside Child Protective Services in Constitutional violation during the invasion and mass kidnapping of 464 FLDS children from their community in Eldorado, Texas. Perry spokeswoman Krista Piferrer said the governor retained full confidence in the agency, noting that “The governor is very proud of the work being done by CPS…CPS has handled a very complex situation both professionally and compassionately.” The 3rd Court of Appeals in Austin ruled that Texas child welfare authorities acted improperly and the children were returned to their parents. The governor ended up squandering 12.4 million of public money on the operation.

#15 Perry supported and still supports Open Borders with Mexico

#16 In 2001 Rick Perry signed the Dream Act into law allowing illegal immigrants in-state tuition. This is the blueprint for Obama’s own similar Federal Dream Act.

#17 In 2004, Perry allowed the execution of an innocent man, Cameron Willingham, and then impeded an investigation into the whole matter, including firing and replacing three members of the Texas Forensic Science Commission.

#18 Perry has called the 16th and 17th Amendments to the Constitution ” mistaken “. The 16th Amendment is the income tax amendment accounting for 45 % of all tax receipts. The 17th Amendment allows for direct election of U.S Senators, taking that right away from government.

#19 Texas is the leading polluter among states in the union, leading the nation on carbon dioxide emissions, but when the state was sued by the EPA for not meeting clean air standards, Perry sued the federal government. He also is a global warming critic who called the 2010 BP oil spill an ” act of God .”

#20 One in four children in Texas live below the poverty line. Perry cut $ 10 billion out of child support services even though Texas has a $ 8.2 Billion rainy day fund.

#21 Perry said that Texas might have to secede from the Union

#22 Perry calls himself a “Prophet”.

#23 Rick Perry has had a questionable past when it comes to Social Issues. Recently in 2008, he endorsed Rudy Giuliani for President, causing Mike Huckabee to respond with the following in an email on 7-21-11: “For all his new found commitment to hyper-conservatism, he’ll get to explain why he supported pro-abortion, pro-same sex marriage Rudy Guiliani last time.”

#24 Rick Perry recently stated that he supported New York’s Gay Marriage law by stating, “That’s New York, and that’s their business, and that’s fine with me”.

#25 Rick Perry took office in 2000 with 4.4% unemployment and ballooned it a whopping 4% to 8.2%.

Hog Farmer
08-09-2011, 06:02 AM
ROFL

Someone posted a bunch of hogwash!

Okie_Apparition
08-09-2011, 06:30 AM
#26 Rejected the Tea Party's 10 bumperstickers from their scrapbook of worship

BucEyedPea
08-09-2011, 08:14 AM
I like the seceding from the Union, though, in #21. I doubt he'd do it though, just as he caved on that TSA thing recently. You need to add the TSA thingy to your list.

Donger
08-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Where did you get this?

healthpellets
08-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Perry is announcing his intention to run on Saturday. Time to duck and cover.

ROYC75
08-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Dang it Bo, you make him sound like a Liberal!

Bob Dole
08-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Bob Dole isn't a big Perry fan, but one might want to consider the roughly 1,000,000 illegal residents of the state when reading some of this.

And it's not just spending. It impacts education, poverty and wages stats, as well. #11 even points out the "devastating" effect in the southwest, but seems to ignore that Texas has the 2nd highest illegal population after CA (and is usually considered part of the "southwest").

Donger
08-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Bob Dole isn't a big Perry fan, but one might want to consider the roughly 1,000,000 illegal residents of the state when reading some of this.

And it's not just spending. It impacts education, poverty and wages stats, as well. #11 even points out the "devastating" effect in the southwest, but seems to ignore that Texas has the 2nd highest illegal population after CA (and is usually considered part of the "southwest").

What's your point here, Bob Dole? What do you expect Perry to do about illegals entering the state of Texas?

mnchiefsguy
08-09-2011, 12:28 PM
There is one reason to vote for Perry that outweighs what is listed above, whether the above list is true or not....Perry is not Obama, and he could not do any worse.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2011, 12:42 PM
There is one reason to vote for Perry that outweighs what is listed above, whether the above list is true or not....Perry is not Obama, and he could not do any worse.

I want something better than that for a standard. That's just me though.

FishingRod
08-09-2011, 12:46 PM

That is how we got W-2 in the first place. He ran on the I'm not Bush plan.

Bewbies
08-09-2011, 12:47 PM
The proof provided in some of these examples really are bulletproof to questions of accuracy.

FishingRod
08-09-2011, 12:57 PM
#2 The debt of the state of Texas is out of control. According to usdebtclock.org, the debt to GDP ratio in Texas is 22.9% and the debt per citizen is $10,645. In California (a total financial basket case), the debt to GDP ratio is just 18.7% and the debt per citizen is only $9932. If Rick Perry runs for president these are numbers he will want to keep well hidden.

#20 One in four children in Texas live below the poverty line. Perry cut $ 10 billion out of child support services even though Texas has a $ 8.2 Billion rainy day fund.

These two don't seem to go together. So he is a heartless bastage that won't help the children but he is a out of touch spend spend spend guy too?

mnchiefsguy
08-09-2011, 01:58 PM
I want something better than that for a standard. That's just me though.

I WANT something better than that for a standard as well...but if it comes down to voting for Perry or Obama, I think you have to vote Perry. Can you imagine a second term of Obama, one where he does not have to worry about being re-elected?

BucEyedPea
08-09-2011, 02:12 PM
I WANT something better than that for a standard as well...but if it comes down to voting for Perry or Obama, I think you have to vote Perry. Can you imagine a second term of Obama, one where he does not have to worry about being re-elected?

Not if more true fiscal conservatives get into the House and Senate so they can overturn any vetoes. Our system is based more on what the legislature can do. I'd be fine with that than with one party rule again under another Establisment Texas Republican who won't defund Obamacare. Particularly since I have not interest in bombing Iran or continuing all these wars. But that's just me.

Dave Lane
08-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Dead man walking.

Chocolate Hog
08-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Where did you get this?

Over on Hucksarmy.

Donger
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Over on Hucksarmy.

I don't see it there.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-10-2011, 12:10 AM

Yes i can imagine a 2nd term for Obama looking a lot like a 1st term for Rick Perry.

HonestChieffan
08-10-2011, 03:25 PM
If he runs vs Obama, I don't care, Ill vote for him

KILLER_CLOWN
08-10-2011, 03:29 PM

So if Obama changed parties and placed and R next to his name all is good right?

HonestChieffan
08-10-2011, 03:37 PM
So if Obama changed parties and placed and R next to his name all is good right?

Obama can shit unicorns for all I care I wouldnt vote for the SOB under any circumstance

go bowe
08-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Obama can shit unicorns for all I care I wouldnt vote for the SOB under any circumstance

unicorns?

that could be some very profitable shit...

HonestChieffan
08-10-2011, 05:32 PM
unicorns?

that could be some very profitable shit...

This not the time for profits.
Barak O'Downgrade-2008

mnchiefsguy
08-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Yes i can imagine a 2nd term for Obama looking a lot like a 1st term for Rick Perry.

I just don't think that even if Perry is the worst RINO in the history of the party, that it would be worse than Obama. The worst Perry term would still be better than a second Obama term.

Chocolate Hog
08-10-2011, 05:50 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiaRA5YzLyt1uVF4UnTpzmhRGSDptUnCqqyp9VGnyzJ3HMJ8Oz

BucEyedPea
08-10-2011, 06:00 PM

This is how Obama got elected. The "Anybody-BUT-Bush Syndrome" which applied to McCain. There really is NO difference.

BucEyedPea
08-10-2011, 06:00 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiaRA5YzLyt1uVF4UnTpzmhRGSDptUnCqqyp9VGnyzJ3HMJ8Oz

Or when he campaigned for Al Gore! But lambs will vote for him anyway because he has an R at the end of his name. Being led to slaughter.

Chocolate Hog
08-10-2011, 06:22 PM
It would be pretty amazing if he did with the likes of Rove and Rollins going after him. People won't like him as much once his record as gov gets out just like youbetcha's.

BucEyedPea
08-10-2011, 06:25 PM
It would be pretty amazing if he did with the likes of Rove and Rollins going after him. People won't like him as much once his record as gov gets out just like youbetcha's.

Plus, when you have an Establishment news mag like Newsweek, with a pro-photo and pro-copy for the "hard" right*, you know he's gotta be the wrong guy. Meanwhile Bachmann, who much more a real conservative, gets the loon-treatment.

* Whatta lie

Calcountry
08-10-2011, 06:40 PM
So if Obama changed parties and placed and R next to his name all is good right?I would change parties if they let him in.