08-09-2011, 08:19 AM
R-e

R-e-p

R-e-p-o-s-t

Clap clap

REPOST!

Ebolapox
08-09-2011, 08:19 AM
me? not worried about it yet. lot of football to go.

Nzoner
08-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Haley did the same thing last season,it's way too early.

BigRichard
08-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Haley did the same thing last season,it's way too early.

Yes he did but he kept Jones as the starter all year didn't he?

Nzoner
08-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Yes he did but he kept Jones as the starter all year didn't he?

Even so in the end......it's just a depth chart.

Stinger
08-09-2011, 08:30 AM

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv138/curlysar/GIF/oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

|Zach|
08-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Drama

The Bad Guy
08-09-2011, 08:33 AM
It's the first preseason week. Those depth charts are used as motivational tools more than anything this early in the game.

I don't give a shit if Thomas Jones starts. Let him get his 5 early carries and then let Charles finish the game.

KCUnited
08-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Haley's losing Breaston. /nick wright

Sofa King
08-09-2011, 08:34 AM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/Boyd506/1312066952703.gif

loochy
08-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Even so in the end......it's just a depth chart.

This. It's just a stupid depth chart.

Red Beans
08-09-2011, 08:36 AM
The depth chart has hasn't been applicable this ealry in the preseason since Haley came on board. It means NOTHING. It doesn't even really count for much in the regular season. The fact that you've started a thread about your concern makes me question your validity no only as a Chiefs fan, but as a compitent human being. Maybe you're just not very observant? For your sake, I hope this is the issue.

Gonzo
08-09-2011, 08:36 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif

Red Beans
08-09-2011, 08:38 AM
My advice is to stick to lurking...

DaFace
08-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Haley's said numerous times that he doesn't really care about depth charts.

Cannibal
08-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Putting Jones ahead of Charles at this point is completely assinine. Charles has been in the league long enough and has proven himself to be one of the best backs in the league. So whatever stupid subliminal bullshit they're trying to say by doing that makes no sense whatsoever and makes me question their management techniques.

Jones should have fuckin retired.

kczoo
08-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Moron, if its a repost, don't bother going to it. And again who gives a flying fuck

loochy
08-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Moron, if its a repost, don't bother going to it.
For being such a long time lurker, you really don't seem to understand how things work around here, do you?

And again who gives a flying phuck

You do because you made a post about it.

Also, WORD FILTER EVASION! REPORTED!

Direckshun
08-09-2011, 08:49 AM
The preseason depth charts under Haley are my favorite. Really.

It's the one place in professional football where putting in the effort and adjusting based on coaching is DIRECTLY related to where you are on the depth chart.

When the season starts, it's who's the best on the field. But the preseason rewards how much of your blood sweat and tears you're putting on the field.

Gonzo
08-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Putting Jones ahead of Charles at this point is completely assinine. Charles has been in the league long enough and has proven himself to be one of the best backs in the league. So whatever stupid subliminal bullshit they're trying to say by doing that makes no sense whatsoever and makes me question their management techniques.

Jones should have fuckin retired.

:facepalm:

Why should he retire? He's still awesome for 3rd and short situations, and the goal line.
Charles is the starter and if you would read through the thread, you'd see that Haley does this for a reason.

The reason? He doesn't fucking care about Depth Charts. He start's whoever's hot. Besides, it's fucking preseason.

Red Beans
08-09-2011, 08:59 AM
The preseason depth charts under Haley are my favorite. Really.

It's the one place in professional football where putting in the effort and adjusting based on coaching is DIRECTLY related to where you are on the depth chart.

When the season starts, it's who's the best on the field. But the preseason rewards how much of your blood sweat and tears you're putting on the field.

It's a weird kind of player reward system. Obviously the players respond to Haley pretty well, but do you think any of them are concerned with the depth chart? I wonder...

Direckshun
08-09-2011, 09:01 AM
It's a weird kind of player reward system.

Wha?

In what way is this "weird"?

Work your ass off more than the guy next to you, and you're going to be higher than him on the depth chart. I don't give a shit how talented the two of you are. Who wants it more?

If you want to get on the field, this is how you do it.

I love it. It's how it should be done.

Cannibal
08-09-2011, 09:03 AM
:facepalm:

Why should he retire? He's still awesome for 3rd and short situations, and the goal line.
Charles is the starter and if you would read through the thread, you'd see that Haley does this for a reason.

The reason? He doesn't ****ing care about Depth Charts. He start's whoever's hot. Besides, it's ****ing preseason.

Jones sucked in short yardage (any yardage for that matter) in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't care what Haley's "reason" is for doing this. It's fuckin stupid. It's like listing Barry Sanders 2nd on the depth chart.

loochy
08-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Wha?

Work your ass off more than the guy next to you, and you're going to be higher than him on the depth chart. I don't give a shit how talented the two of you are. Who wants it more?

But the chart doesn't really matter....

Red Beans
08-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Wha?

Maybe weird isn't the word I should have used. I'm just wondering how much creedence players lend to it this early in the preseason. Are they check the depth chart? Is Haley advertising it, taping it the wall in the locker room? Conceptually I don't find it weird at all, it makes sense. I'm just wondering how big of a motivating factor it is right now. I re-read my post and I did kind of misphrase it there. My bad...

jspchief
08-09-2011, 09:06 AM
I wonder what kind of trade value Charles has? Since Jones has won the starting spot, we should get what we can out of Charles.

Red Beans
08-09-2011, 09:09 AM
I wonder what kind of trade value Charles has? Since Jones has won the starting spot, we should get what we can out of Charles.

Pioli better start sending some generic emails to test the waters...

Gonzo
08-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Jones sucked in short yardage (any yardage for that matter) in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't care what Haley's "reason" is for doing this. It's fuckin stupid. It's like listing Barry Sanders 2nd on the depth chart.

Umm... No?

Barry Sanders is retired so that wouldn't work out too well.

By the way for the 2nd half of the year, on 3rd and under 3 yards to go, Thomas Jones' numbers are as follows:

Kansas City: T. Jones - HB
3rd down eff.
62 Att.
4.6 ypc
2 TD

12 rec
66 yds
5.5 Ypc

I'd think that is a pretty healthy average.
I don't deny that he ran out of gas later in the year but he still gave us 900 yards and took a lot of heat off of JC.
I wouldn't mind him being here another year, but this should be it.

Exoter175
08-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Stanzi isn't the starter yet?

I quit!

/extreme sarcasm :D

Cannibal
08-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Umm... No?

Barry Sanders is retired so that wouldn't work out too well.

By the way for the 2nd half of the year, on 3rd and under 3 yards to go, Thomas Jones' numbers are as follows:

Kansas City: T. Jones - HB
3rd down eff.
62 Att.
4.6 ypc
2 TD

12 rec
66 yds
5.5 Ypc

I'd think that is a pretty healthy average.
I don't deny that he ran out of gas later in the year but he still gave us 900 yards and took a lot of heat off of JC.
I wouldn't mind him being here another year, but this should be it.

I enjoyed watchin Jones' contribution earlier in the season. But far too many times in the second half of the year he was consistantly stuffed at the line for no gain. It happened over and over again, including on 3rd and short. Your stats don't really tell the story about that.

keg in kc
08-09-2011, 09:26 AM
The only thing less valuable than a depth chart in august is debate about a depth chart in august.

Gonzo
08-09-2011, 09:30 AM
I enjoyed watchin Jones' contribution earlier in the season. But far too many times in the second half of the year he was consistantly stuffed at the line for no gain. It happened over and over again, including on 3rd and short. Your stats don't really tell the story about that.

Ok...
I'm not disagreeing with you. He ran out of gas. He needs to be utilized differently this year and I'm sure he will, especially since we got the biggest fucking FB in the league from Baltimore.

He has some fuel left. I think he could contribute a lot this year.

Fish
08-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Baldwin = Bust
Charles needs more carries

sedated
08-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Everyone who has been clamoring for Charles to be the starter for 2+ years will be the same people who want to run Haley out of town the second Charles gets hurt after his first 30-carry game.

Cannibal
08-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Ok...
I'm not disagreeing with you. He ran out of gas. He needs to be utilized differently this year and I'm sure he will, especially since we got the biggest ****ing FB in the league from Baltimore.

He has some fuel left. I think he could contribute a lot this year.

Definately needs to be situational and limited to help extend whatever fuel he has left until later in the year.

suzzer99
08-09-2011, 09:37 AM

I don't care what Haley's "reason" is for doing this. It's ****in stupid. It's like listing Barry Sanders 2nd on the depth chart.

I'm shocked you can even work the Internet. Seriously.

Reerun_KC
08-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Haley's losing Breaston. /CP haters
:thumb:

OnTheWarpath58
08-09-2011, 09:40 AM
The depth chart means jack shit until 9/11/11.

loochy
08-09-2011, 09:48 AM
The depth chart means jack shit until 9/11/11.

Terrorist bombing anniversary?

Are they going to blow up the depth chart?

Deberg_1990
08-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Why are people still hating on Jones? His primary role is to take the load off of Charles. Thats it. Hes not a HR hitter, and i doubt Haley views him that way, so whatever yards he picks up is all gravy.

Dave Lane
08-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Moron, if its a repost, don't bother going to it. And again who gives a flying phuck

Ahhh this is why you have to hide your rep. Show that Chiefs red and be proud

Mr. Arrowhead
08-09-2011, 10:58 AM
ROFL you people crack me up, worrying about some meaningless depth chart in the first week of preseason

Okie_Apparition
08-09-2011, 10:59 AM
You have to start cutting from one end or the other...so this looks consistent to me

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Why not bump last year's thread about this if you want some drama.

Reerun_KC
08-09-2011, 11:38 AM
ROFL you people crack me up, worrying about some meaningless depth chart in the first week of preseason

Dude its CP! Where men come to menstrate...

Demonpenz
08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
every report out of training camp says breaston hasn't been preforming

Sofa King
08-09-2011, 12:20 PM

Preforming?

Is that some type of cement work?

RustShack
08-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Jones ahead of Charles
Urban ahead of Breaston
Whatever works I suppose

Your. And. Idjut.

Dave Lane
08-09-2011, 03:04 PM

Maybe he has breast cancer and is dying because he has been denied coverage. Have you thought of that? Well have you???

/DC reference

loochy
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Maybe he has breast cancer and is dying because he has been denied coverage. Have you thought of that? Well have you???

/DC reference

WHY DOESN'T HE GET FREE COVERAGE THEN? SOMEONE GIVE IT TO HIM NOW! But not me, I'm not willing to do it personally. Someone else do it. Don't you DARE raise MY taxes or touch MY money.

/DC reference /American popular opinion reference

RedThat
08-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Two years ago I remember when Haley put Terrance Copper ahead of Dwayne Bowe to start.

Terrance ****ing Copper. Don't get me wrong, I like Copper, but as a special teamer.

If guys underperform they slip on the depth chart and somebody else plays in front of them. Oh well? That doesn't mean those guys will always start? I think this is clearly just a motivational tool he uses to push the players.

Exoter175
08-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Generally they give the depth chart spots to veteran guys. Whether they actually start on the other hand, is entirely up to the coach.

We all know who our starters are for the most part (looking at the lines here is a headscratcher)

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Two years ago I remember when Haley put Terrance Copper ahead of Dwayne Bowe to start.

Terrance ****ing Copper. Don't get me wrong, I like Copper, but as a special teamer.

If guys underperform they slip on the depth chart and somebody else plays in front of them. Oh well? That doesn't mean those guys will always start? I think this is clearly just a motivational tool he uses to push the players.

It looks like Bowe got the message as well as DJ. "I'm being benched for Corey Mays FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I liked Haley's response when asked about the depth chart at his presser today:

Q: You could save yourself a lot of trouble if you just listed Jamaal Charles as your starter. You know that, right?

Q: Is this just to have fun with us?

HALEY: “No, no, no. Like I said, we just, we’re trying to find the right mix of guys to do something special around here this year and next. I will say, I’ve never quite been somewhere where it’s as big of a thing. Maybe I need to learn and adjust. What if I put (Le’Ron) McClain over there; starting halfback? You guys wouldn’t be able to function.”

:LOL:

KcMizzou
08-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I liked Haley's response when asked about the depth chart at his presser today:

:LOL:That is pretty damned funny. Hadn't heard that.

tk13
08-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Haley's right. I don't know if it's just a KC thing or what. Seems like we do this every year when the first depth chart is released. It'll probably change 10 times between now and week 1.

petegz28
08-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Breaston could still be nursing the knee so they have him at #2 so he can be healthy for the actual games that count. That's just a hunch.

HBKChiefs
08-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Disturbing?!!! ITS PRESEASON!!! Obviously it will change. It reflects who has had the most time at camp thus far, not who is actually better. However you can expect Jones ahead of Charles on the depth chart just like last season.

kcchiefsus
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Why are people still hating on Jones? His primary role is to take the load off of Charles. Thats it. Hes not a HR hitter, and i doubt Haley views him that way, so whatever yards he picks up is all gravy.

At this point he can hardly even lay down a bunt, if the second half of last season is any indication.

BigMeatballDave
08-09-2011, 07:09 PM
LMAO they haven't even played 1 preseason game and we're worried about the depth chart. WTF

Gonzo
08-09-2011, 07:39 PM
"Hai guys... Mah name is kczoo and I start worthless threads fo no reezon otha than to be a stoopid doucher!"
There...
I translated for yee.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
08-09-2011, 07:46 PM
The depth chart has hasn't been applicable this ealry in the preseason since Haley came on board. It means NOTHING. It doesn't even really count for much in the regular season. The fact that you've started a thread about your concern makes me question your validity no only as a Chiefs fan, but as a compitent human being. Maybe you're just not very observant? For your sake, I hope this is the issue.

Oh, the irony.