PDA

View Full Version : I've got the #4 pick...

Dicky McElephant
08-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Money Keeper league. This is the first year....so everyone is available.

6 points for TDs.
.25 ppr for RBs.

Who's going to have the bigger year?

Jamaal Charles
Ray Rice
Lesean McCoy.

I'm assuming that Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson (possibly) and Arian Foster are all gone before my pick.

OnTheWarpath58
08-09-2011, 10:47 AM
The PPR aspect hurts JC, IMO.

Rice has averaged 70 catches the past two seasons, while JC has averaged around 40.

Plus, Rice is going to get 75-100 more carries than JC, assuming health.

Dicky McElephant
08-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Rice now has Ricky Williams backing him up though.

OnTheWarpath58
08-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Rice now has Ricky Williams backing him up though.

Williams is going to be less of a TD vulture than McGahee and McClain were, IMO.

No worries.

Even if they get more carries than you'd expect, Rice is still getting more carries than JC, and definitely more throws out of the backfield.

Dicky McElephant
08-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Yeah....I think I'm going to rank them:

1. Rice
2. Charles
3. McCoy

Hopefully there are some good WRs left when it comes back around to me.

Sofa King
08-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Draft Charles and enjoy rooting even more for your guy.

Dicky McElephant
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Draft Charles and enjoy rooting even more for your guy.

It's a money league. As much as I would love to have Charles and Bowe on my team....if it doesn't make sense or doesn't hold value....I'm not doing it.

In a free league....I'd take Charles.

Exoter175
08-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I'd probably rank them like this.

McCoy
Charles
Rice

Some of you are forgetting that McCoy totaled 78 receptions last year for 592 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Certainly going to be productive this year with the Eagles schedule and free agent moves.

Sofa King
08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
I'd probably rank them like this.

McCoy
Charles
Rice

Some of you are forgetting that McCoy totaled 78 receptions last year for 592 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Certainly going to be productive this year with the Eagles schedule and free agent moves.

If he can stay healthy this year.

It's a money league. As much as I would love to have Charles and Bowe on my team....if it doesn't make sense or doesn't hold value....I'm not doing it.

In a free league....I'd take Charles.

Ah. Didn't realize you had Bowe. Then yes, go with Rice first.

Dicky McElephant
08-09-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't have Bowe. I'm just saying....that I'm not going to be a homer when it comes to Chiefs players. If they present value and the pick makes sense....I'll take them. But you won't see me taking Moeaki early...or drafting the Chiefs defense if someone better is there.

KurtCobain
08-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I think top draft positions this year are nothing to be prized. I draft about 8-10th in all of my leagues, and I couldn't be happier.

Dicky McElephant
08-09-2011, 02:17 PM
I think top draft positions this year are nothing to be prized. I draft about 8-10th in all of my leagues, and I couldn't be happier.

I thought that last year.....but there is a good possibility that in my first 3 picks....I can come out of it with a "top" RB and two good WRs.

Sofa King
08-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Go for 2 good Rb's and either a top 5 QB or start in with a wr.

RB's go fast and it's hard to get good ones, and they generally score many more points over the 2nd tier of rbs. Much more than 1st tier wr's vs 2nd tiers.

Exoter175
08-09-2011, 03:12 PM
If he can stay healthy this year.

Even so, he put up what? 7 or 8 touchdowns and 1600ish yards last year in their offense?

I'll take him over Rice any day of the week, and put him right up there with Charles who had a slightly better season IMO.

That being said, I rank him higher this year looking at their respective schedules and free agent signings.

Dicky McElephant
08-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Even so, he put up what? 7 or 8 touchdowns and 1600ish yards last year in their offense?

I'll take him over Rice any day of the week, and put him right up there with Charles who had a slightly better season IMO.

That being said, I rank him higher this year looking at their respective schedules and free agent signings.

How do you rank him higher after their free agent signings?

What did the Eagles sign on offense? Reid is still a pass happy coach.

The Ravens signed the best FB in the game to block for Rice.....and the Ravens are still a run first team. McGahee gone. McClain gone. Ricky Williams is old and isn't really going to steal shit from Rice.

Dicky McElephant
08-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Just went and did a quick mock draft and came up with this (#4 pick):

QB - Ben Roethlisberger

RB - Ray Rice
RB - LeGarrette Blount
RB - Daniel Thomas
RB - Willis McGahee
RB - Michael Bush

WR - Mike Wallace
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Roy Williams
WR - Davone Bess
TE - Jimmy Smith

DEF - Giants D

Sofa King
08-09-2011, 04:36 PM
how many starters at each position?

Dicky McElephant
08-09-2011, 04:42 PM
In our league we start:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR/TE
K
DEF

Exoter175
08-09-2011, 06:05 PM
How do you rank him higher after their free agent signings?

What did the Eagles sign on offense? Reid is still a pass happy coach.

The Ravens signed the best FB in the game to block for Rice.....and the Ravens are still a run first team. McGahee gone. McClain gone. Ricky Williams is old and isn't really going to steal shit from Rice.

Follow the logic.

You just signed the best cornerback in football, your defense just got THAT much better. You then go on to make several free agency signings involving both the offense and defense. The Eagles were already a good team last year. Now they've gotten better with their draft and free agency.

Then you look at their schedule, they have MAYBE 4 games where they'll legitimately have to play a solid game on both sides of the ball to win. I'm not saying it is the easiest, but they look to be one of the top paper teams this year, and if they play like they did last year, will finish the season with 10-13 wins.

The Eagles being a Pass-First team is exactly what I'd be banking on in a PPR league when LeSean McCoy was the Eagles' leading receiver (in terms of receptions) with 78 receptions, and their leading rusher with 1,080 yards on 207 carries.

With a stronger defense and a relatively middle-ground/lower-middle-ground schedule, they're going to be winning a lot of games. And what happens when you start winning games? You run the ball. (something I emphasize to everyone, every year).

Not saying LeSean is going to carry the ball 300 times this year, but, if he stays healthy he'll get 220-240 carries and another 50-60 receptions this year.

That's a pretty solid workload for a running back you can take in the 2nd-3rd round of most league drafts while guys foolishly believe Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster are going to be some of the top backs this year. (they won't)

Dicky McElephant
08-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Damnt....I just realized that I'm probably going to miss out on Calvin Johnson. That guy is a fucking stud.

Sofa King
08-11-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.ikeepadiary.com/diary/2007/2007_07_27.Leighs_23rd_Birthday/images/IMG_1715.jpg

Dicky McElephant
08-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Harbaugh has stated that Ray Rice is his goal line back. Does that put him above Charles at #4?

Bewbies
08-12-2011, 12:17 AM
You know, I've always followed the RB rule, and the one thing that throws that out is when a QB goes off. If Vick or Brady have the kind of year people think they will the value they present is way higher than any RB at all. I might think about a QB at 4 honestly...

MoreLemonPledge
08-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Rice, no fucking question.

Dicky McElephant
08-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Mock drafted at the #4 spot:

QB: Matthew Stafford, Joe Flacco
RB: Jamaal Charles, DeAngelo Williams, Mark Ingram, Mike Tolbert
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Lee Evans
TE: Brent Celek
K: Conner Barth
DEF: Ravens

Kyle DeLexus
08-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Rice being the main goal line back puts him ahead of Charles and McCoy this season.

DJ's left nut
08-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Rice - it's not that close in a PPR league.

In fact, you can make an argument that Rice should go #2 in a PPR league. Don't be shocked if he doesn't even make it to you.

Rice is PPR gold.

Dicky McElephant
08-17-2011, 12:48 PM
So if Rice is gone before my pick.....would you go Charles?

Dicky McElephant
08-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Just another mock draft because I'm bored.

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, Mark Ingram, Michael Bush, Willis McGahee
WR - Dwayne Bowe, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Roy Williams, Malcom Floyd
TE - Jimmy Graham
DEF - Ravens

Ceej
08-17-2011, 02:38 PM
ooops.

DJ's left nut
08-17-2011, 04:21 PM
So if Rice is gone before my pick.....would you go Charles?

If Rice is gone, that means CJ is likely available (or maybe AP in a PPR).

I think I'd go with both of those guys ahead of Charles.

I think I'd put Charles behind the big 3 and Rice for sure, and maybe even McCoy. Philly's offense is pretty sick and McCoy could be very much like Westbrook, only with more carries.

Expecting Charles to duplicate 6 YPC is pretty stout and with the backfield we have, including the addition of McClain, I don't see his carries going up significantly.

I just don't love Charles as a fantasy property this year. Then again, I'm probably wrong.

Dicky McElephant
08-17-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't know if I can draft CJ with his holdout right now. Reports are that he wants $13 million a year.

CaliforniaChief
08-17-2011, 11:56 PM
I'd stay away from Chris Johnson honestly. I'm sure they'll work it out the moment I hit "submit" on this, but it's a huge risk.

Exoter175
08-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Guys I'm staying away from in every draft unless I HAVE to take them:

CJ2K: Contract/Holdout/Management/Depth Chart issues

McFadden: Injury Prone

Arian Foster: Nursing a Hamstring Injury which tend to linger/Got lucky during the first half of the season last year

Adrian Peterson: With two "Captain Checkdown" QB's in Minnesota on a terrible team (lets be honest, they are bad) whose defense is getting worse, taking less time/carries away from the Offense, and looking at possibly chalking up a 5-7 win season this year. It just doesn't scream "productive" when you aren't sitting on the ball which is conducive to winning.

Example, Last year the Chiefs(#6) took 81 more offensive snaps than the Vikings(#23) did. That difference is nearly an extra 6 quarters of football going off of the Vikings average.

In fact, if you take the "quick strike" high scoring teams off of that list that are peppered in here or there in the bottom 16, like the Patriots #22 with 4 more snaps than the vikings, but nearly twice the PPG output, you can see how the Offense/Defense of these teams throughout that list are truly performing, and you can apply how they relate to the next season.

The one issue I have with most FF discussions, is how EVERYONE talks about what a guy or team did LAST YEAR, or the year before, but don't think about who they picked up/lost from the roster, who they face this year, who they faced last year, etc.

You really have to look outside the box to separate yourself from the pack in Fantasy Football or you'll end up in the middle of the pack like everyone else.

Since I'm not playing against any of you (I hope), I'll give you an idea of what I'm talking about with applications based on the information around you.

2 Years ago, I was in a very interesting league, and one of the stats we were running for individual players, was return yards. 1 point per 10 yards, which is freaking amazing. Most people overlooked that. The league was a 10 or 12 man league and wide receivers were hard to get, I drafted QB/RB heavy with some slot/3rd down receivers sprinkled into my starting lineups for WR's. I was doing well for the season, but I really couldn't get by the latter half of the season without picking someone up who I can "Set and forget" at WR.

What did I do? I looked at the absolute WORST teams out there in terms of PPG given up, and then sorted them by specific team returns to find a Wide Receiver who also doubled as the main return man for his (losing) team.

Why did I do this? Well, prior to this 35 yard line bullshit, guys were returning kicks. If the average kickoff return from a guy was say, 20 yards, I'd get 2 points every time he took a kick out. If his team was giving up ~27 points per game, that is a minimum of 6 possible returns for my guy averaging 2 points per return, or a possible 12 points per game based on yardage alone, not accounting for his work in the Passing game for his team.

Who did I take? Amendola, 2 years in a row I've had him, 2 years in a row he's just absolutely been rock solid for that league due to its scoring.

But, based on certain issues such as the new 35 yardline rule, the Rams actually being competitive in the division and the defense getting better, his potential return scoring will go down significantly more than his offensive scoring potential will.

(I also did this on a few running backs for that league when I had my starters on bye, worked like a charm)

I've written a novel now.

Basic TL;DR version: do not just make your selections based on an FF rank or some beat writer. Actually look at the schedule, the acquisitions, and how your league scores to get a real inside edge against your competition, and think outside the box on how to really push your points per game.

CanadianChief
08-19-2011, 08:06 AM
I'd stay away from CJ2K as well. Even if he does sign a big contract this year how motivated is he going to be to play.

Old Dog
08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
In a true PPR, definitely Rice over JC, but inasmush as it's .25 it's not going to have a HUGE impact.
Projecting 75 receptions for Rice and 50 for JC (they had 32 and 24 respectively over the final 8 games last season) you're only looking at a total of 6.25 points over the course of the season.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2011, 10:44 PM
honestly...

no homer either

I think Charles ends up with more fantasy points than Rice...PPR or no PPR

lostcause
08-25-2011, 01:17 AM
I like Rice here.

Exoter175
08-25-2011, 07:01 PM
In a true PPR, definitely Rice over JC, but inasmush as it's .25 it's not going to have a HUGE impact.
Projecting 75 receptions for Rice and 50 for JC (they had 32 and 24 respectively over the final 8 games last season) you're only looking at a total of 6.25 points over the course of the season.

How in the hell, or even "who" in the hell is projecting Rice with 75 receptions?

I can understand that for LeSean McCoy, the Eagles leader in receptions, but Rice coming off a turndown season in terms of receptions projecting 75? Pass whatever it is...

Old Dog
08-25-2011, 08:10 PM
How in the hell, or even "who" in the hell is projecting Rice with 75 receptions?

I can understand that for LeSean McCoy, the Eagles leader in receptions, but Rice coming off a turndown season in terms of receptions projecting 75? Pass whatever it is...

That's my point. Reading comprehension is your friend.
Even if you add largely to the total of receptions Rice is likely to have and deduct from the total JC is likely to have the .25 ppr is not a significant difference maker.

Exoter175
08-25-2011, 09:01 PM
That's my point. Reading comprehension is your friend.
Even if you add largely to the total of receptions Rice is likely to have and deduct from the total JC is likely to have the .25 ppr is not a significant difference maker.

Comprehension was fine, the asinine figures to skew your opinion to cast buffer your point on the other hand, were bewildering.

You're making several assumptions. First, that everyone who runs a PPR league, goes by .25. That isn't the case. Second, you're making the assumption that the back who had the biggest reduction in receptions, is going to get the largest increase, whereas the one who had the biggest increase, gets the decrease?

Ass backwards my friend. Even with the "news" being that Ray Rice is going to be an every-down back, and McCluster a 3rd down back predominantly. We all know how that is going to work out.

Ray Rice had a substandard year last year, compared to the previous year, especially in reference to his passing game attendance. He's going to get word down quick, especially since he has the CHOICE of when to come out of a game.

That screams risk to me. Not because I"m afraid he'll produce less because he'll want off the field, but because I think he'll get injured at some point during the season because Harbaugh won't be able to tell him to pack it up and save his legs.

Dicky McElephant
08-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Well....thanks to Chris Johnson....I'm probably going to miss out on Ray Rice. Peterson and Foster will probably go Top 2 unless someone fell in love with Rice. So....would you rather have McCoy or Charles?

Exoter175
08-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Well....thanks to Chris Johnson....I'm probably going to miss out on Ray Rice. Peterson and Foster will probably go Top 2 unless someone fell in love with Rice. So....would you rather have McCoy or Charles?

McCoy in PPR

More reception potential, and not nearly as "brutal" of a schedule going forward this year. Not to mention, the Eagles can pass AND run the ball, and we're still on the fence about our passing here. I expect Charles to have a great year, I just feel that if McCoy remains healthy, he's going to have one of the biggest seasons for any of the running backs.

Dicky McElephant
08-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't know about Ronnie Brown and Dion Lewis though. Those are two decent backups they have there. Fuck....I was hoping Ray Rice would be there.

Exoter175
08-26-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't know about Ronnie Brown and Dion Lewis though. Those are two decent backups they have there. Fuck....I was hoping Ray Rice would be there.

Neither of those two are going to take away from McCoy's 3rd down presence. Lews played behind McCoy @ Pitt iirc, and he didn't get much action there either. He's got talent, but he's got to develop still. Ronnie Brown looks pretty bad, and coming off of his injuries, will probably be limited to shorter down and distance packages, with McCoy probably taking goal line snaps due to his dangerous ability to get open in the flat or off the PAP bootleg with Vick.

Jerome Harrison filled in for him periodically last year due to injury, and how many carries did he get? 40.

What I love about the Eagles' offense with Vick and McCoy is that even the designed PAP bootlegs, and dink and dunk passes, have McCoy as one of the primary targets.

If you consider for a moment that Vick ran the ball 100 times last season (to McCoy's 207), and then consider the fact that McCoy was the leading receiver with 78 receptions out of Vick's 233 completions, he made up for just over 33% of Vick's completions. Having watched quite a few of those games, what you see of those 78 receptions a lot of the time, is Vick rolling out of the pocket to draw a linebacker and end to play contain, while a safety gets locked down waiting for the deep ball to Desean, and Vick acts like he's rolling out to run, then drops a pass into McCoy's basket and picks up the first down.

Their offense is impressive, because at any one point in time, you've got 3 guys at 3 different positions on the field 90% of the time who can burn anyone on your defense once they hit the open field. One plays QB, another RB, and the last WR. Defenses get humbled by Vick's presence at QB and Jackson's threat down the sidelines. Which means you are either dropping 7-8 or rushing 6-7 on Vick. What happens when Vick 2.0 sees the blitz coming? Instead of running for it like he did with Atlanta, he just dumps it to McCoy.

Like I said, if he stays healthy, he's going to have an impressive year.

Old Dog
08-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Comprehension was fine,
First, that everyone who runs a PPR league, goes by .25. That isn't the case..

Read the OP. The league he's asking about is .25 per.

Exoter175
08-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Read the OP. The league he's asking about is .25 per.

I read the OP, I know what league points he/she is running off of. I was speaking rather hypothetically, just as you were.

Apparently you're allowed to do it and I'm not? Thanks for the neg rep.

We get it. You like Ray Rice over McCoy.

Awesome. In one of my PPR leagues last year (that also gives .25 for rushing attempts), Rice beat out McCoy by ~6 points give or take tenths. McCoy was injured.

This year, looking at a healthy and productive McCoy, on an explosive offense with a revamped defense against a pretty middle of the road/easy schedule, McCoy's production is going to increase from last year (if healthy) whereas Ray Rice will sidestep or fall back from last year based on acquisitions and departures as well as schedule.

I play fantasy football to win fantasy football, not just for an excuse to root for another team in the "other" game that week. In doing so, you have to look past yahoo/espn rankings and really dig into the statistics that get passed over with those projections.

Or perhaps you're just a huge Ray Rice fan who can't take someone else's opinion. I'm just saying this year in PPR leagues, guys like JC, McCoy, and to a lesser extent Hillis, will have monster years if they can stay healthy.

I'd add Foster to that list, but I really just cannot board that bandwagon yet.

Dicky McElephant
08-29-2011, 10:27 AM
So I've been trying to determine where the 3 people in front of me are going to go with their picks.....and it looks like it's going to shake out like this.

Team 1 - Adrian Peterson
Team 2 - Arian Foster
Team 3 - Ray Rice....although he said that he's been thinking about Charles.

Now....if Team 3 goes Charles.....I'm going to jump on Rice. But it looks like I'm going to have to decide between 3 players.

Jamaal Charles
Lesean McCoy
Aaron Rodgers

And I put Rodgers in there because it's 6 points for TDs across the board. I could go Rodgers in the first and then fill out my roster with the next 6-7 picks.

I'm leaning towards Charles though. I don't think he'll have the 6.5 ypc that he had last season....but I think he'll get more TDs this year.

Dicky McElephant
08-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Damnt man....I've never had to think this much about a 1st round pick before.

I'm starting to think that if I take Rodgers at #4....it's going to cause a couple of people to freak out and draft a QB way earlier than they wanted to. That would at least help with getting some talent at RB/WR with my next 6-7 picks.

Charles has the chance to go off though.

Exoter175
08-29-2011, 03:53 PM
If it goes Peterson, Foster, Rice/Johnson, then you're in a great position draft-wise. Between Rodgers, Charles, and McCoy, my faith sits with Rodgers, then McCoy, then Charles. We've got a tough schedule this year and haven't looked good in preseason and face a tough schedule. He's going to get his touches, but in terms of a solid PPR back, I'd stick with McCoy as the #1 choice there, and #2 behind Rodgers IF, and only IF your league scoring puts the two in the same relative point spread. In my main league for instance, QB's dominate the league and we run our flex wide open so we run double QB's. In my league, I'd draft Rodgers in a heartbeat without a second thought, mainly because he produced about 30% more than either of those backs last year.

I'd check your league scoring and scoring history to evaluate the pick further.

Dicky McElephant
08-29-2011, 03:59 PM
If it goes Peterson, Foster, Rice/Johnson, then you're in a great position draft-wise. Between Rodgers, Charles, and McCoy, my faith sits with Rodgers, then McCoy, then Charles. We've got a tough schedule this year and haven't looked good in preseason and face a tough schedule. He's going to get his touches, but in terms of a solid PPR back, I'd stick with McCoy as the #1 choice there, and #2 behind Rodgers IF, and only IF your league scoring puts the two in the same relative point spread. In my main league for instance, QB's dominate the league and we run our flex wide open so we run double QB's. In my league, I'd draft Rodgers in a heartbeat without a second thought, mainly because he produced about 30% more than either of those backs last year.

I'd check your league scoring and scoring history to evaluate the pick further.

I can already tell you that Rodgers would be the pick.

6 points for TDs across the board.

KevB
08-29-2011, 04:01 PM
What are your keeper rules?

I had a non-keeper 1pt ppr last night, and here were the top 15 (10 team snake):

Rice
Peterson
McCoy
Rodgers (guy loves him)
MJD (too high)
Charles
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Foster (this was me at #9 and thrilled he dropped to me)
Mendenhall
Brady
Roddy White (me again, and was so tempted by CJ2K here)
Chris Johnson
Michael Vick

So, at least in this league, people are spooked by CJ's holdout and Foster's hammy.....for good reason.

Dicky McElephant
08-29-2011, 04:17 PM
We lose a draft pick for the round that we drafted our keeper in. It goes up one round every year that we keep him consecutively.

patteeu
08-29-2011, 09:12 PM
If it's the first year of a keeper league, why not lock up a long term stud QB like Aaron Rodgers instead of spending your first pick on a guy who will be great this year but might be broken in a year or two?

sedated
08-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Those are some crazy keeper rules, imo. Crazy as in "interesting".

Id go rodgers, but I've never been a big "must take RB early" guy. You are choosing between guys who split carries and get injured often, against a guy that is the undoubted man for their team. And you get 6 points per passing TD. Seems easy to me.

Dicky McElephant
08-29-2011, 10:34 PM
But I could easily grab a QB in the 4th-6th round range and not lose out on that many points.

patteeu
08-29-2011, 10:36 PM
But I could easily grab a QB in the 4th-6th round range and not lose out on that many points.

Who do you expect to get around that time?

Sofa King
08-30-2011, 08:31 AM
I would go with Rodgers. Then Charles.

If Charles scored more TD's i'd go with him, but 6 just isn't enough.

McCoy always seems to get injured.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Assuming 10 yards = 1pt. Last year they scored about the following.
The .25 of a PPR makes for a big diffeerence scoring wise compared to a full point. (A full PPR is super lame)

Charles 251
Rice 228
McCoy 240

Dicky McElephant
08-30-2011, 10:43 AM
And keep in mind.....we also get bonuses for YPC during the game. Anything above a 5 ypc average starts getting me bonus points.

And I think Charles is going to score more TDs this year. Less yards....but more TDs.

Exoter175
08-30-2011, 04:05 PM
McCoy always seems to get injured.

Doesn't seem to stop people from drafting AP, Gore, Foster, etc. lol

If that kid plays in all 16 games, he's going to have a huge season. I'm just worried about the Chiefs right now, they haven't looked great on defense, and the passing game looks like it took a step back this year unless we replace Cassel with Stanzi (homer :D ). Having said that, if the season goes in any direction like the preseason has gone, Charles isn't going to score many touchdowns, and his YPC isn't going to touch last season's. In fact, he'd be looking at a solid chunk of his touches missing if they can't convert the 1st downs with 8 in the box.

If, however, it does a 180 from our preseason and we actually get the passing game working and on par with last year, both Charles and McCoy are going to dominate PPR leagues this year. I don't see Charles getting many touchdowns with McClain and McCluster back there, but he's going to get a healthy dose of touches which can be a low risk/high reward factor to consider with him.

MahiMike
08-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Rice, Charles then McCoy.

BTW, somehow in my league I ended up with BOTH Rice and Charles. 4 QBs taken in 1st round. Stupid.

sedated
08-30-2011, 09:29 PM
BTW, somehow in my league I ended up with BOTH Rice and Charles. 4 QBs taken in 1st round. Stupid.

That's a nice prize for you, but the "RBs are gold" theory is ancient. I'd rather spend my most important pick on a guy who takes all the snaps and doesn't have as much injury risk.

Dicky McElephant
08-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Mock Draft - #4 pick and I went Aaron Rodgers in the 1st round.

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco
RB - Shonne Greene, Felix Jones, Marshawn Lynch, Daniel Thomas
WR - Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Julio Jones, Austin Collie, Johnny Knox
TE - Rob Gronkowski
DEF - Chiefs

BigCatDaddy
08-31-2011, 03:13 PM
That's a nice prize for you, but the "RBs are gold" theory is ancient. I'd rather spend my most important pick on a guy who takes all the snaps and doesn't have as much injury risk.

They were gold in our Big Money CP league last year and I wouldn't be suprised to see 24 RB's taken in the first 24 picks. If you don't have 2 you don't have a shot.

Old Dog
09-01-2011, 10:09 AM
They were gold in our Big Money CP league last year and I wouldn't be suprised to see 24 RB's taken in the first 24 picks. If you don't have 2 you don't have a shot.

I hope I ain't messing up mind games or something, but of the three teams that finished in the money last year in the CP Big Money league, only one went RB-RB. Two went positions other than RB in the first.

ChiefGator
09-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Mock Draft - #4 pick and I went Aaron Rodgers in the 1st round.

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco
RB - Shonne Greene, Felix Jones, Marshawn Lynch, Daniel Thomas
WR - Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Julio Jones, Austin Collie, Johnny Knox
TE - Rob Gronkowski
DEF - Chiefs

What were your first five round picks in this mock? Out of curiosity..

Dicky McElephant
09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
1 - Rodgers
2 - Vincent Jackson
3 - Dwayne Bowe
4 - Shonne Greene
5 - Felix Jones

OnTheWarpath58
09-01-2011, 11:02 AM
1 - Rodgers
2 - Vincent Jackson
3 - Dwayne Bowe
4 - Shonne Greene
5 - Felix Jones

Goddamn you took Greene early.

Dicky McElephant
09-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Goddamn you took Greene early.

Jones and Greene may have been switched. I don't really remember. I just know that I grabbed RBs back to back in the 4th and 5th round.

Old Dog
09-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Jones and Greene may have been switched. I don't really remember. I just know that I grabbed RBs back to back in the 4th and 5th round.

Is this a 10 or 12 you're working on Pest?
In a 12 the ADPs of Greene and Jones are 4.07 and 4.03 respectively, so neither one of them would be considered a reach.

Dicky McElephant
09-01-2011, 11:20 AM
12 team league.

Dicky McElephant
09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Chris Johnson just signed. Does he get put in the mix of players I take at #4?

Chris Johnson
Ray Rice
Jamaal Charles

Dicky McElephant
09-01-2011, 12:28 PM
So I've been trying to determine where the 3 people in front of me are going to go with their picks.....and it looks like it's going to shake out like this.

Team 1 - Adrian Peterson
Team 2 - Arian Foster
Team 3 - Ray Rice....although he said that he's been thinking about Charles.

Now....if Team 3 goes Charles.....I'm going to jump on Rice. But it looks like I'm going to have to decide between 3 players.

Jamaal Charles
Lesean McCoy
Aaron Rodgers

And I put Rodgers in there because it's 6 points for TDs across the board. I could go Rodgers in the first and then fill out my roster with the next 6-7 picks.

I'm leaning towards Charles though. I don't think he'll have the 6.5 ypc that he had last season....but I think he'll get more TDs this year.

The guy at #3 is now telling me that he's taking Charles at #3. I think he's trying to play mind games though.

MoreLemonPledge
09-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Chris Johnson just signed. Does he get put in the mix of players I take at #4?

Chris Johnson
Ray Rice
Jamaal Charles

Yes, but I would rank it Rice, Charles, Johnson.

Bowser
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
honestly...

no homer either

I think Charles ends up with more fantasy points than Rice...PPR or no PPR

That's a bold prediction with Jones and McClain there for short yardage and goalline. I hope you're right, but I don't agree with you.

Dicky McElephant
09-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes, but I would rank it Rice, Charles, Johnson.

That's how I'm looking at it right now.

Dicky McElephant
09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm looking at:

1. Ray Rice
2. Chris Johnson
3. Jamaal Charles

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Rice falls to me at #4.

Dicky McElephant
09-05-2011, 10:27 AM
QB: Roethlisberger, E. Manning, V. Young
RB: Charles, F. Jones, D. Williams,S. Ridley,M. Barber
WR: V. Jackson, Wayne, L. Moore, Rice, J. Ford, Massaquoi
TE: V. Davis, L. Kendricks
K: Bironas
Saints DEF

I might have a trade worked out right now where I get Cutler and Marshall for Manning and Wayne.

patteeu
09-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Saints DEF

I might have a trade worked out right now where I get Cutler and Marshall for Manning and Wayne.

Who were the top 3 picks (I assume you took Charles at #4).

Dicky McElephant
09-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Chris Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Ray Rice

Exoter175
09-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Due to Moeaki being injured, and this doesn't help you out post draft, but I'd move Charles down on draft boards about 2 or 3 more slots. Its going to be tough to mirror last year's production without one of our best mobile blockers.

FD
09-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Charles fell to me at pick #9 in my PPR league last night. I was happy to take him there, although in the top 5 I would have been wary.

MoreLemonPledge
09-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Charles fell to me at pick #9 in my PPR league last night. I was happy to take him there, although in the top 5 I would have been wary.

That's fucking awesome. Congrats on getting a stud that late.

Dicky McElephant
09-15-2011, 10:09 AM
After two waiver wire transactions and a trade.....my team is a little better (in my eyes).

QB: Roethlisberger, Cutler, Henne
RB: Charles, F. Jones, D. Williams, B. Jacobs, M. Barber
WR: V. Jackson, B. Marshall, L. Moore, J. Ford, S. Rice, M. Massaquoi
DEF: Saints

I'm looking at dropping Bironas for a different kicker in the next couple of days.

DJ's left nut
09-15-2011, 10:38 AM
That's a solid 12-teamer, especially if Ben comes around.

I think you'll be hurting at RB1 and flex by the end of the year, though. And Jones is a major wildcard to be counting on as your RB2 (though Williams can workout as a replacement until he's inevitably injured).

It could be a good one. But it could also be a last place squad if some things don't come together for you.

Dicky McElephant
09-15-2011, 10:39 AM
That's kind of how I'm feeling. I took Charles and Jones because I'm in a PPR league. And we only have one flex spot.....WR/TE.

Dicky McElephant
09-18-2011, 09:28 PM
:facepalm:

This thread was basically a waste.

Exoter175
09-21-2011, 05:44 PM
:facepalm:

This thread was basically a waste.

Pretty much, I'm crushed in my other league due to it being very thin on running backs, but luckily I have LeSean McCoy in my main league who might just be leading in points for running backs after 2 games so far (correct me if that is wrong).

Rain Man
09-21-2011, 09:20 PM

Congratulations.

FD
09-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Congratulations.

Thanks, I also drafted Marques Colston, Tony Romo and Felix Jones. Things are going pretty great right about now.

Dicky McElephant
10-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Saints DEF

And going into Week 7....my team now looks like this.

QB: Roethlisberger, Cutler
RB: MJD, Daniel Thomas, Felix Jones, S. Ridley, B. Jacobs, I. Redman
WR: Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Greg Little, Victor Cruz, Jacoby Ford, Titus Young
TE: Vernon Davis, Jared Cook
K: Dan Bailey
DEF: Titans DEF