PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues London Riots

Otter
08-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Here's an interesting perspective that you're sure as hell never going to see published by the AP or other liberal media.

http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/conflicts/09-08-2011/118689-london_riots-0/

Britain falls victim to its own cult of absurd tolerance

The riots in the British capital continue. The current situation in London bears a striking resemblance to what was happening in Paris six years ago. The flashpoint for the riots in both Paris and London was the shooting of immigrants by police officers.

Mark Duggan, 29, was shot by single bullet in the chest in Tottenham, north London, after police officers stopped the cab he was in. Duggan did not let the officers search the vehicle. One of the officers was wounded in the shootout, Duggan was killed.

A crowd of protesters gathered on the main street of Tottenham on August 6 at night. Hundreds of people, mostly non-white individuals, were protesting against the killing of a young man, a father of four, by armed police officers.

Afterwards, they started throwing "Molotov cocktails" at police vehicles and set two vehicles and a bus on fire. The crowd, in which immigrants were plentiful, honored the memory of Mark Duggan with arsons and pogroms. According to London fire brigades, there were 49 fires in Tottenham the night when the riots started.

The riots spread to London's southern areas, Brixton and Croydon, as well as beyond the British capital - to Liverpool, Birmingham and Bristol.

The riots in Tottenham will go down in history of the United Kingdom. Hundreds of rioters were looting stores and fighting with police. Dozens of police officers were injured in the clashes.

Vyacheslav Nikonov, an expert for Great Britain, the President of Politika Foundation, shared his point of view about the events in London with Pravda.Ru.

"As it happened in France, the positions of right-nationalist parties in the UK are going to strengthen. Cameron will see it again that the politics of multiculturalism has failed. Violent sentiments among immigrants will continue to get stronger too. The current situation in the UK is much more complicated than it was in France. The British immigrants are represented a lot wider than the French ones because of colonial peculiarities. There are many immigrants in the country from both the north and the equatorial part of Africa. The immigrants from India and Pakistan deserve special attention.

"As for the reasons of why it happened, the grounds for that have been forming for decades, when immigrants from former colonies began to settle in European metropolitan cities. Great Britain fell victim to its own "democratic policies" in North Africa."

The last time when Tottenham saw such massive riots was in 1985. However, the past riots did not have the immigration constituent. Great Britain, the country that welcomes revolutions in other states, has become a center of one of such revolutions in a blink of an eye.

The situation in London's non-white neighborhoods remains extremely intense. Many immigrants from former colonies have no education and no jobs. They are ready to protest against manifestations of racism and police tyranny. Those people say that the economic development of the West became possible only after the West turned many other countries into its colonies and enslaved millions of people. Now the West is upset about the fact that several stores in London have been looted.

A crowd of several hundreds of young men plunged the capital of one of the most powerful Western countries into chaos. It does not look possible that British politicians will be able to solve this problem with the help of democratic methods. Britain has fallen a victim to the cult of tolerance that has been taken to absurdity.

KC Dan
08-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Friggin' Spurs hooligans

Thatguy
08-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Another anti minority copy and post thread...typical DC clowns.

Predarat
08-09-2011, 08:53 PM

You do make a good point, if it were white thugs rioting over a soccer match, the riots would be much worse. 10x worse.

Thatguy
08-09-2011, 08:56 PM
By the way, the vast majority of rioters where white guys..just saying...

KILLER_CLOWN
08-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Iran chides UK over riots

By REUTERS

Published: Aug 9, 2011 23:01 Updated: Aug 9, 2011 23:01

TEHRAN: Iran urged Britain on Tuesday to avoid using force to suppress riots that have rocked London, mischievously turning the tables on Western critics of its own human rights record.

“It must be weird for Londoners to read travel advisory from foreign countries against the UK; usually the other way around,” tweeted Gulf social commentator Mishaal Al-Gergawi from a region that has witnessed a lot of civic unrest in the Arab Spring.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said the British government should “exercise restraint,” avoid using violence and instead “talk to protesters and listen to their requests,” the official IRNA news agency said.

For many years Iran has been on the receiving end of criticism from Western countries over its human rights record, especially the crushing of demonstrations after the re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in June 2009. A member of Iran’s Parliament, Hossein Ebrahimi, told the semi-official Fars news agency that Britain should allow a delegation of human rights monitors to examine the situation.

The British riots broke out on Saturday in a district of northern London when a protest over the police shooting of a suspect two days earlier led to violence.

The riots in London are the worst violence in the British capital in decades and politicians and police have firmly blamed the violence on criminals and hooligans.

Iran’s state-run news channel led with dramatic pictures of the riots, with one announcer describing the scenes as “civil war.”

An official in Egypt, where unrest earlier this year ousted veteran President Hosni Mubarak, also could not resist making an ironic jab at a Western country that normally prides itself on its respect for the rule of law and for human rights.

“We will send Egyptian NGOs (to London) to check it out,” said the official, in a reference to Westerners who monitored Mubarak’s attempts to quash protests in Cairo’s Tahrir Square.

http://arabnews.com/middleeast/article486237.ece

chasedude
08-09-2011, 10:59 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TCw9_avTlYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KILLER_CLOWN
08-09-2011, 11:49 PM
In other news, Qaddafi has just recognized the London rioters as the legitimate government of Britain! :)

Otter
08-10-2011, 12:41 AM

The point I was trying to make here was dominating people (in this case through colonization) and how it affects their view when they become inhabitants of a the country that did this to them.

We have a very serious illegal immigration problem in the United States. It's not a secret. There's 15+ million illegal in the country waiting for a reason to riot in the streets. It's not rocket science and it's not bigotry to recognize the problem.

Good thing that slavery thing never came back to bite our country in the ass so we can count on that as an indicator of what to expect. And from my understanding most of the rioters are from post-colonized British countries that liberal government invited in through policy.

If I'm wrong I'll be the first to say so.

Politicians don't know how to fight wars any more than uneducated victims of their policies know how to handle the aftermath and it's everyone in the middle who winds up paying for it while they go off into the sunset with a big pension and their 3 generations taken care of at our expense.

Otter
08-10-2011, 01:08 AM

ThatGuy,

I don't deny the cut and paste but I do challenge you to go into a British based forum where neutral citizens are talking or news forum and see who these rioters are. I don't think I'm wrong and my ego was kicked and twisted out of me years ago. I'm not above admitting I'm wrong.

NaptownChief
08-10-2011, 07:29 AM
When you don't give people the right to bear arms this type of crap goes on for days. How long you think this crap would have lasted in Texas? Or Switzerland where every adult male age 20 is required to keep a loaded government issued fully automatic Sig rifle in their home?

Baby Lee
08-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Baseball fever, catch it mates!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/

LOCOChief
08-10-2011, 09:06 AM

So what?

Do you have a problem with "white guys"?

epitome1170
08-10-2011, 11:21 AM
When you don't give people the right to bear arms this type of crap goes on for days. How long you think this crap would have lasted in Texas? Or Switzerland where every adult male age 20 is required to keep a loaded government issued fully automatic Sig rifle in their home?

And are required to be in the military (if I am not mistaken) so they know how to use it.

alpha_omega
08-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Some people are Sikh of all the rioting!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/london-riots-police-warn-vigilante-groups/story?id=14272037

KCTitus
08-10-2011, 07:33 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2024284/UK-riots-2011-Liberal-dogma-spawned-generation-brutalised-youths.html

I think this is spot on...they have created a group of hopeless individuals that have nothing to aspire to. It is the success of the progressive ideas, however it's also the destruction of the western way of life.

BucEyedPea
08-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Wednesday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul warned that recent global unrest can be traced back to inflation-related price jumps for for food and other goods everywhere. He cited conflicts in the Middle East and North Africa and austerity measures in now in place in European nations with generous social welfare systems.

Rep. Paul warned that these crises could easily become more widespread.

His take on the Standard & Poor’s downgrade was that if a single ratings agency could cause markets to drop, perhaps the Dow’s tumble would have happened regardless.

“In some ways I think it’s relevant,” Paul said. “You know, the markets are much more powerful. They’ll downgrade whatever they need to. But for the moment, and for traders, you know, this can be a big deal. And politically it can be a big deal.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/10/ron-paul-currency-devaluation-and-inflation-will-bring-more-and-more-violence/#ixzz1UgQPs0HG