PDA

View Full Version : Education Adam & Steve? No, Bert & Ernie.

ROYC75
08-10-2011, 03:21 PM
In this mad world we live in, it's even getting goofier with people harping on Sesame Street to marry Bert & Ernie.

That's the ticket, let's just teach our kids, It's O.K. ! :shake:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/10/petition-underway-for-bert-and-ernie-to-get-married-on-sesame-street/?test=latestnews

Rainbow Connection? Online Push Under Way for Bert and Ernie to Get Married on 'Sesame Street'

Published August 10, 2011
| FoxNews.com

AP

More than 900 people have signed a petition about the pair of platonic puppets on Change.org as of early Wednesday.

An online push is under way to pressure the producers of "Sesame Street" into having Bert and Ernie get married.

More than 900 people have signed a petition about the pair of platonic puppets on Change.org as of early Wednesday.

"We are not asking that Sesame Street do anything crude or disrespectful," the petition reads. "It can be done in a tasteful way. Let us teach tolerance of those that are different."

The sexuality of Bert and Ernie -- perhaps the kid show's most popular characters -- has long been debated since the roommates sleep in the same room and constantly bicker.

The petition also asks that "Sesame Street" producers consider adding a transgender character to the show, which premiered in 1969 on Public Broadcasting Service.

The online campaign also has a companion Facebook page that has attracted as least 350 supporters as of Wednesday.

"Part of me is laughing and the other is crying," one posting read.

Another read: "Is Elton John going to play at the wedding?"

In a statement to FoxNews.com, the non-profit Sesame Workshop said the pair are simply "best friends."

"They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves," the statement read.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/10/petition-underway-for-bert-and-ernie-to-get-married-on-sesame-street/#ixzz1UfBkZ8vs

HonestChieffan
08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Liberalism is a form of madness.

Ebolapox
08-10-2011, 03:25 PM
OH NO, THE GAY PEOPLE MAY GET MARRIED! OH SHIT, WORLD GON END NOW!

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 03:26 PM
That is sorta funny. It is just some fringe group with 900 peeps signing something though. Not really a factor.

I don't think sesame street should do this but then again if kids grow up and they decide they want to be gay? It is "ok"

Deberg_1990
08-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Why does everyone think they are gay? They sleep in the same room, not same bed.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Why does everyone think they are gay? They sleep in the same room, not same bed.

http://www.clintonsband.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/BertAndErniePhoto.jpg

Brock
08-10-2011, 03:34 PM
OH NOES ROY TRY NOT TO BE SCARED

SNR
It's mostly a craze among college kids who grew up with Bert and Ernie and want to see it written into the characters. But just like you can't expect that your two single gay friends will just hit it off, you can't WILL Bert and Ernie into being gay.

I mean, let's think about this seriously: they were never gay. They were just a ripoff of the Odd Couple made for kids. Yes, it sucks that there were so few gay characters on TV. If generations of gay kids found solace in seeing Bert and Ernie living together, that's a beautiful thing. But until Frank Oz comes out with the memoir that says "B&E are an item", people are putting their energies in the wrong place.

Radar Chief
I thought Sesame St. already did that. If not, just shows how much I give a shit.

Fish
Well if someone made an online petition about it, it must be pretty serious....

ROYC75
08-10-2011, 03:39 PM
OH NOES ROY TRY NOT TO BE SCARED

Scared, maybe for the children while they are pushing their liberal idea-log on them.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Scared, maybe for the children while they are pushing their liberal idea-log on them.

It is an online petition.

I bet I could get 900 people on Chiefs Planet to sign an online petition asking for more farts on re runs of Murder She Wrote.

Don't worry Roy. You don't have to go punching people in bars over this quite yet.

CoMoChief
08-10-2011, 03:45 PM

I bet I could get 900 people on Chiefs Planet to sign an online petition asking for more farts on re runs of Murder She Wrote.

Don't worry Roy. You don't have to go punching people in bars over this quite yet.

But when you do Roy, you give me a call. ROFL

Brock
08-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Next thing you know, Big Bird and Snufflupagus are doing it.

ROYC75
08-10-2011, 03:47 PM

Taking God out of the courthouse, then pledge of allegiance, and then what's next .... started out small as well.

Some stuff just goes too far, playing with kids minds is one of them. Pushing this as well as politics at a young age is .... just wrong.

As for your punching comment, what more do you need to understand? I'm not like that now, it was only 32 years ago. Seriously, you need a new gig.

Brock
08-10-2011, 03:49 PM
How does anybody take God out of anywhere? Don't you carry God around with you?

What's this about the Pledge of Allegiance?

jiveturkey
08-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Taking God out of the courthouse, then pledge of allegiance, and then what's next .... started out small as well.
Has any of that actually happened or has that also been a VERY small minority screaming about those issues?

RNR
08-10-2011, 03:55 PM

Some stuff just goes too far, playing with kids minds is one of them. Pushing this as well as politics at a young age is .... just wrong.

As for your punching comment, what more do you need to understand? I'm not like that now, it was only 32 years ago. Seriously, you need a new gig.

God should have never been in the courthouse or any part of government to begin with. FTR "one nation under God" was added to the pledge in the 50s. Some how we got along just fine with out it for damn near 180 years~

SNR
08-10-2011, 03:57 PM
We should be listening to Roy.

These are the same kinds of people who petitioned to get Betty White on SNL

ROYC75
Has any of that actually happened or has that also been a VERY small minority screaming about those issues?

It has been a small movement, but it's ever getting bigger with all the atheist. How long before it happens?

|Zach|

What is next...what will people make an online petition for next??

OMG, here is an online petition to being Mortal Kombat back to the PC!

http://www.petitiononline.com/filu7810/petition.html

Step 1. Bert + Ernie

Step 2. Mortal Kombat to PC

Step 3. Pledge of Alligence

Brock
08-10-2011, 03:58 PM
It has been a small movement, but it's ever getting bigger with all the atheist. How long before it happens?

LMAO

Fish
08-10-2011, 04:00 PM

It? You mean the atheist takeover in which all religious people will be forced to conform to the new atheist order or face the dire consequences? Is that what you're expecting?

ROYC75
08-10-2011, 04:01 PM
How does anybody take God out of anywhere? Don't you carry God around with you?

What's this about the Pledge of Allegiance?

He does. But do we teach the children they can't?

We have seen graduations, military funerals,etc. that have tried to have God stricken from the presentation.

Pledge of Allegiance ? How long before they do God out of it? They already have taken the pledge out of school because of the atheist.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM

We have seen graduations, military funerals,etc. that have tried to have God stricken from the presentation.

Pledge of Allegiance ? How long before they do God out of it? They already have taken the pledge out of school because of the atheist.

Do we?

SNR
08-10-2011, 04:04 PM

Pledge of Allegiance ? How long before they do God out of it? They already have taken the pledge out of school because of the atheist.I say fuck the Pledge of Allegiance. Get rid of it period.

But that's another thread, and another argument I hashed out with Tom Ca$h. I really don't want to have it again.

jiveturkey
08-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I've seen polls that put the atheist population somewhere between .9% all the way up to 6%. You've got plenty of time.

I'd image that they'll get the pledge of allegiance turned around before you see Sharia law anywhere.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
They didn't say Merry Christmas to me at Big Lots. What about the children?

vailpass
08-10-2011, 04:07 PM
DILLIGAF

RNR
08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
The phrase "under God" was incorporated into the Pledge of Allegiance June 14 1954, by a Joint Resolution of Congress. I am shocked Satan blew the chance to take us over before 1954~

Reaper16
08-10-2011, 04:15 PM
I would prefer to sign a petition that makes Sesame Street teach kids that its OK to hate people. Riveting television, that.

Brock
08-10-2011, 04:36 PM

God wasn't in it to begin with. So, really, no big loss there.

Detoxing
08-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Why would they want to involve sex in Sesame Street?

Fucking Gays.....I was all for them having the right to be all gay married because I thought it was wrong for the Straights to try to push their BS on them.

Hey Gays...stop trying to push your gay BS on the straights. Bastards.

Brock
08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Why would they want to involve sex in Sesame Street?

Fucking Gays.....I was all for them having the right to be all gay married because I thought it was wrong for the Straights to try to push their BS on them.

Hey Gays...stop trying to push your gay BS on the straights. Bastards.

Well, at least you don't change your mind easily.

Backwards Masking
08-10-2011, 04:56 PM
If Full House was still on the air they could have Joey and Danny get married. I know, Danny went out on dates and had a girlfriend, but that's only because:

Joey was gay
Danny was bisexual
and Jesse was flat out pussy-whipped

No matter how you slice it there was no atypical Alpha Male in the household raising those girls, and they turned out ok. Except for Stephanie who was hooked on the crystal for a few years. But she's clean now.

WilliamTheIrish
08-10-2011, 05:00 PM

You would have hit the lottery if you had just mentioned "The attack on Christmas" also.

WilliamTheIrish
08-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Actually I wanted to use the famous line: "Did a ska-wir-ell eat your brains"?

KILLER_CLOWN
08-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Reminds me of Doug Dangger from the Phil Hendrie show starting every sentence with, "You know phil I'm a gay man and a gay journalist" Just let it go Doug, let it go because no one really cares.

ClevelandBronco
08-10-2011, 11:04 PM

They've both had a fist up their ass as long as I've known them. And still they smile away.

listopencil
08-10-2011, 11:13 PM
http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/gaymuppet.asp

listopencil
08-10-2011, 11:17 PM
What is next...what will people make an online petition for next??

OMG, here is an online petition to being Mortal Kombat back to the PC!

http://www.petitiononline.com/filu7810/petition.html

Step 1. Bert + Ernie

Step 2. Mortal Kombat to PC

Step 3. Pledge of Alligence

I have signed your petition because I am, indeed, the Anti Christ. Boogedy boogedy.

Okie_Apparition
08-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Seaseme Street is Michele Bachmann's next campaign stop

Warrior5
08-11-2011, 03:57 AM
They've both had a fist up their ass as long as I've known them. And still they smile away.

ROFLROFLROFL

Jaric
08-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Seaseme Street is Michele Bachmann's next campaign stop

She can't pray for muppets because they don't have souls.

Baby Lee
08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
That is sorta funny. It is just some fringe group with 900 peeps signing something though. Not really a factor.

I don't think sesame street should do this but then again if kids grow up and they decide they want to be gay? It is "ok"

Sesame Street responds

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sesame-workshop/sesame-workshop-statement-on-bert-and-ernie-petitions/10150290119497855

And bloggers have begun to critique

http://www.juliansanchez.com/2011/08/12/why-we-need-openly-gay-muppets/

Brock
08-12-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't even wanna think about where Rubber Duckie has been.

Otter
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
First they change the "Cookie Monster" to "Cookie Guy who likes Cookies but Only in Moderation" and now this.

I hope these PC lunatics die in an oven.

Dick Bull
08-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I don't even wanna think about where Rubber Duckie has been.

:LOL:

Probably been abused like the stuffed bear on Wilfred.

Baby Lee
08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
:LOL:

Probably been abused like the stuffed bear on Wilfred.

W . . . A . . . S . . . H . . . M . . . E

Damn it Beah, I felt you moving the board.

Dick Bull
08-12-2011, 04:04 PM
W . . . A . . . S . . . H . . . M . . . E

Damn it Beah, I felt you moving the board.

Yes, that show last night was fantastic.

BryanBusby
08-13-2011, 05:19 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GaBy9GTTRw0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>