PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Five things to watch for tonight

Tribal Warfare
08-12-2011, 03:09 AM
Five things to watch for tonight (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/11/3071702/five-things-to-watch-for-in-the.html)

PASS RUSH: The Chiefs are in trouble if Tamba Hali is the only pass rusher opponents fear, but Wallace Gilberry has looked good in camp. Keep an eye on rookies Justin Houston and Allen Bailey, as well as now-healthy second-year guy Cameron Sheffield.

HOT HANDS: The Chiefs wonít unveil much of their passing game against the Bucs, and itís possible that neither Steve Breaston nor Jonathan Baldwin will play. But with those two, plus Dwayne Bowe and Jerheme Urban, they go four-deep in high-quality receivers.

BACKUP QB: Matt Cassel is the undisputed top gun, but beyond that the picture is muddy. The Chiefs hope Tyler Palko or rookie Ricky Stanzi can handle the No. 2 job. If neither distinguishes himself tonight, bringing in a veteran backup is not out of the question.

LINE DEPTH: The Chiefs are thin on offensive-line reserves. Itís time for guard Darryl Harris (top at left), a developmental prospect the last two years, to step it up. Tackle Jared Gaither, obtained Thursday, might fit into the picture eventually but wonít play tonight.

TYSON JACKSON: The Chiefs have been patient with their No. 3 overall pick from 2009, but they wonít wait forever. Donít expect Jackson , a defensive lineman out of LSU, to be benched if he doesnít light it up, but he does need to start showing signs of life.

kstater
08-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Teicher bringing it strong again.

Fritz88
08-12-2011, 04:58 AM
Teicher bringing it strong again.

Best piece on the Chiefs Ive seen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
08-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Im watching for that hot blond on the horse that I have to masturbate about after every Chiefs score.

Deberg_1990
08-12-2011, 06:13 AM
But with those two, plus Dwayne Bowe and Jerheme Urban, they go four-deep in high-quality receivers.

Urban is considered high quality?

Okie_Apparition
08-12-2011, 06:29 AM
I want to see if Raheem Morris is mini Rex Ryan

Sofa King
08-12-2011, 07:48 AM
No mention of the rb's and McClain.

Fuck this thread.

Omaha
08-12-2011, 07:48 AM

Yes... but only by Adam Teicher & Mrs. Urban. Nobody else.

Molitoth
08-12-2011, 07:51 AM

I'm on the Urban wagon. You gotta give him a chance to find out how good he is, like with anyone else.

Rooster
08-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Im watching for that hot blond on the horse that I have to masturbate about after every Chiefs score.

Agreed. Something about that horse is really special.

Dave Lane
08-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Yes... but only by Adam Teicher & Mrs. Urban. Nobody else.

Is he too fat?

Deberg_1990
08-12-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm on the Urban wagon. You gotta give him a chance to find out how good he is, like with anyone else.

Hes alright, hes already shown what he can do in Arizona...BUt "High Quality" is slight hyperbole.

KCUnited
08-12-2011, 08:11 AM
I'll be watching the forecast and hoping it doesn't rain.

ForeverChiefs58
08-12-2011, 08:21 AM

http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com/assets/club-images/custom-pages/WP5.jpg

bobbything
08-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Five things to watch for tonight
by ADAM TEICHER

THE FOOTBALL: It's oblong, kind of shaped like an egg, only pointy at the ends. Traditionally called a "pigskin".

HEAD COACH: This is Todd Haley (pronounced: Tod Hey-lee). Unshaven and typically unkempt, Tod Hay-lee stands on the sideline and calls the plays.

THE PLAYERS: The players are made up of human beings. These humans typically played football at universities where they did lots of drugs and had lots of sex.

OFFENSE: Not to be confused with "offence". This is when the Chiefs have the football (see above) and try to move it from one end of the field (see below) to the other.

THE FIELD: A green, grassy area, measured 100 yards in length. The football players stand on it.

Fish
08-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Sad reality....

TYSON JACKSON: The Chiefs have been patient with their No. 3 overall pick from 2009, but they wonít wait forever. Donít expect Jackson , a defensive lineman out of LSU, to be benched if he doesnít light it up, but he does need to start showing signs of life.

He needs to show signs of life.... but no biggie, nothing will happen if he doesn't....

michaelj_58
08-12-2011, 08:46 AM
I think he will be a farce this year.

Fish
08-12-2011, 08:55 AM
I think he will be a farce this year.

LMAO

ReynardMuldrake
08-12-2011, 08:57 AM
HEAD COACH: This is Todd Haley (pronounced: Tod Hey-lee). Unshaven and typically unkempt, Tod Hay-lee stands on the sideline and calls the plays.

I read that Muir is supposed to be calling plays. I don't know if that's just for preseason or what.

Mojo Jojo
08-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Five things to watch for tonight
by ADAM TEICHER

THE FOOTBALL: It's oblong, kind of shaped like an egg, only pointy at the ends. Traditionally called a "pigskin".

THE PLAYERS: The players are made up of human beings. These humans typically played football at universities where they did lots of drugs and had lots of sex.

OFFENSE: Not to be confused with "offence". This is when the Chiefs have the football (see above) and try to move it from one end of the field (see below) to the other.

THE FIELD: A green, grassy area, measured 100 yards in length. The football players stand on it.

Shows no insight...the field is 120 yards in length...it's those funny things called End Zones.

Halfcan
08-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I wonder how many times the announcers will say "Vanilla" when describing the play calling??

Halfcan
08-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Sad reality....

He needs to show signs of life.... but no biggie, nothing will happen if he doesn't....

Well when you get a Million dollars per tackle........:doh!:

RockChalk
08-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I wonder if anyone has ever informed Adam that his core audience is comprised of males, ages 20-60 that understand the game of football.

It appears he writes his articles as if he were speaking to 5 year olds

Halfcan
08-12-2011, 10:06 AM
I wonder if anyone has ever informed Adam that his core audience is comprised of males, ages 20-60 that understand the game of football.

It appears he writes his articles as if he were speaking to 5 year olds
ROFL:
You mean like calling Cassel the "Top Gun" LOL :spock:

Predarat
08-12-2011, 10:14 AM
http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com/assets/club-images/custom-pages/WP5.jpg

Lucky fucking horse!

Okie_Apparition
08-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Warpaint is wear farrier fan