PDA

View Full Version : Keeper Help

CanadianChief
08-12-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm stumped on what to do this year. I'm in a 12 man ppr league. We have to keep two players. One of my picks will be J. Charles for a fourth rounder. The other pick I'm not so sure about. I can keep R. White for a 1st or V. Jackson for a 2nd. I know there are only four other guys who pick in front of me in round 1 based on who they are keeping. If I throw White back into the pool the top WRs available will be White, C. Johnson, Jennings, Wayne, Fitz.

If I did this my roster would look something like...

J. Charles
Jennings
V. Jackson

If I keep White my roster might look like

J. Charles
R. White
Colston or Maclin (a WR in the 15-20 ranking)

Which team looks like it's off to a better start?

Pestilence
08-12-2011, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't touch Colston or Maclin right now.

CanadianChief
08-12-2011, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't touch Colston or Maclin right now.

I'm not saying I'd take those two players for sure. Just wondering if losing White is worth the update at WR #2 in V. Jackson.

Sofa King
08-12-2011, 11:34 AM
The first team is far better. Maclin has health problems and Colston is an overrated FF team killer.

Pestilence
08-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Yes....I think it is.

Exoter175
08-12-2011, 01:28 PM
First team with Charles, Jennings, and Jackson looks to be pretty well setup. You might even get lucky with a drifter later on down the draft.

CanadianChief
08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
First team with Charles, Jennings, and Jackson looks to be pretty well setup. You might even get lucky with a drifter later on down the draft.

My only concern is that I don't think I'd keep V. Jackson or Jennings the following year as they would both cost me a 1st round pick

Pestilence
08-12-2011, 02:43 PM
My only concern is that I don't think I'd keep V. Jackson or Jennings the following year as they would both cost me a 1st round pick

So would White....plus Colston and Maclin aren't worth keeping.

CanadianChief
08-12-2011, 02:59 PM

That's right...but in my league every year you keep a player his keeper value goes up two rounds. So if I keep Charles this year (which I am) he will cost me a 4th rounder. Next year he will cost me a 2nd, the third year a 1st.

So if I were to give up White and then draft Jennings in the first to go along with V. Jackson (2nd) and Charles (4th) the following year I'd still have Charles for a 2nd but would probably drop both Jennings and V. Jacks unless one of them puts up top three numbers this year.

Pestilence
08-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Ok.....and?

I understand you need to plan for the keeper aspect....but you also need to win. Team A gives you the better chance of winning.

CanadianChief
08-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Ok.....and?

I understand you need to plan for the keeper aspect....but you also need to win. Team A gives you the better chance of winning.

True...I'm overthinking this. Plus who knows what will happen two years from now. I might be dropping J. Charles if Haley keeps naming Jones the starter. :)

Thanks for the input.

Exoter175
08-12-2011, 05:01 PM

I kind of disagree on Maclin.

He's worth keeping an eye on in that offense. I mean, he did have 70 receptions last year, which I believe made him the #2 in receptions on that team, behind LeSean McCoy.

chop
08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I kind of disagree on Maclin.

He's worth keeping an eye on in that offense. I mean, he did have 70 receptions last year, which I believe made him the #2 in receptions on that team, behind LeSean McCoy.

I haven't researched it but I pretty sure I heard Maclin was injured.

Exoter175
08-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I haven't researched it but I pretty sure I heard Maclin was injured.

He is, he has some kind of mystery illness keeping him out of practice right now. Didn't look physically hurt at the eagles game on the sidelines though.

Like I said, worth keeping an eye on. He's likely going to go undrafted in most leagues and he's definitely worth a #3 spot in most leagues if he is healthy.

Pestilence
08-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Maclin will not go undrafted.

Exoter175
08-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Maclin will not go undrafted.

As long as there is an autodrafter in every league, you are right, he might not. He certainly isn't going to get taken as high as he is listed due to his injury. Assuming most people use their brains to draft and not the numbers written down next to the names :P

Edit: FWIW, Maclin just went undrafted in my mock today for tomorrows draft in League #2.

CanadianChief
08-13-2011, 08:43 PM
As long as there is an autodrafter in every league, you are right, he might not. He certainly isn't going to get taken as high as he is listed due to his injury. Assuming most people use their brains to draft and not the numbers written down next to the names :P

Edit: FWIW, Maclin just went undrafted in my mock today for tomorrows draft in League #2.

One of the owners in my league could potentially keep Maclin this year for a 6th round pick. I'm not sure if he'll do it so Maclin wouldn't be an option.

There will be 4 guys picking in the 1st round in front of me with these six receivers available...

White
C. Johnson
Fitz
Jennings
Wayne
Nicks

I'm guessing two of those guys will take White and Megatron so it wouldn't be much of a downgrade from White to one of the other four guys.

Exoter175
08-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I did a ton of mock drafting this weekend when I could fit it in. Megatron, White, and Andre are getting taken practically top 5-6 in every league with AP, CJ2K, and Arian Foster mixed in there, with the occasional Jamaal Charles.

Point to note, JC fell to the 2nd round in the draft I did yesterday, Very odd. Maybe non locals didn't like him being listed #2 or don't understand it? lol