PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What veteran backups are out there?

chiefscafan
08-13-2011, 10:18 AM
After watching palko I'm in agreement with most on here we need a backup QB. But I'm not sure who is a legit QB out there anyone know?

milkman
08-13-2011, 10:21 AM
As opposed to illigitamately(sic) out there?

Or perhaps, as opposed to legitimately out there?

I'm so confused.

Exoter175
08-13-2011, 10:22 AM
19 Collins's

Also Bulger and Pennington, who may both end up retired. Haven't watched the wire for them but there hasn't been much to go off of.

KC Tattoo
08-13-2011, 10:23 AM
We don't need a vet back up QB JHC.

Stanzi can be our back up, and then get the reps he needs to get better and eventually take over.

royr17
08-13-2011, 10:23 AM
None really .....

Still Available is :
Jim Sorgi
J.P. Losman
Charlie Frye
John Parker Wilson
Brodie Croyle
Keith Null
Jake Delhomme (Need to take a chance on him)
Todd Collins

Exoter175
08-13-2011, 10:28 AM
We don't need a vet back up QB JHC.

Stanzi can be our back up, and then get the reps he needs to get better and eventually take over.

That's actually exactly the reason we need a veteran backup.

Because Ricky is going to get the snaps as the backup, we need a guy behind him showing him the ropes and helping mold his mentality in this game. 3-5 year guys aren't exactly what I'd be looking for.

A guy like Pennington though, who will go on to be a Coach/Coordinator in this league, would be the perfect guy to fill that role.

royr17
08-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Because Ricky is going to get the snaps as the backup, we need a guy behind him showing him the ropes and helping mold his mentality in this game. 3-5 year guys aren't exactly what I'd be looking for.

A guy like Pennington though, who will go on to be a Coach/Coordinator in this league, would be the perfect guy to fill that role.

Yes but Pennington is hurt and out for the year. He tore his ACL back on March 31st in a Basketball game.

Jewish Rabbi
08-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Too bad Pennington is hurt...

D-Train6906
08-13-2011, 10:33 AM
You don't like Shane Falko

Okie_Apparition
08-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Zorn is kinda the vet to help out. I'd rather have Croyle than Palko & that's just sad

royr17
08-13-2011, 10:35 AM
You don't like Shane Falko

Falco err I mean Palko sucks. If Palko stays on the team then I'd much rather see Stanzi as the backup, sorry but just dont like left handed qbs.

royr17
08-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Zorn is kinda the vet to help out. I'd rather have Croyle than Palko & that's just sad

Yea it is, I feel the same way.

boogblaster
08-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Collins would be my choice ....

chiefscafan
08-13-2011, 10:41 AM
I agree about Palko. But we need a vet QB to come in and win some games if cassel gets hurt. Although I like croyle as a person, also has a smokin hot wife, the guy can't win ball games. I'd bring in delhome and bulger if you can talk him out of retirement.

milkman
08-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Falco err I mean Palko sucks. If Palko stays on the team then I'd much rather see Stanzi as the backup, sorry but just dont like left handed qbs.

LMAO

Hope you don't feel the same about left handed QB coaches.

KC Tattoo
08-13-2011, 10:45 AM

That's what a QB coach is for.

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Thigpen was ours for the re-taking... alas...

Exoter175
08-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Yes but Pennington is hurt and out for the year. He tore his ACL back on March 31st in a Basketball game.

Way to completely miss the point a key on the example, not the lesson.

Too bad Pennington is hurt...

See above.

That's what a QB coach is for.

Not really, teams have been doing it since the late 70's/early 80's (hiring on grizzled veterans to show the rookies/young guys the ropes and to help mold them).

I wasn't suggesting, "hey, lets go pickup Chad Pennington", I was using him as an example since he will coach in this league having been one of the most accurate and cerebral QB's to play this game in the last decade or two. And also the fact that there aren't a lot of "non retired" true "veteran" QB's out there for us to pickup.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Who put chiefscafan in the red?

That man needs a full bar of greens.

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Wait a second.

BRETT FAVRE.

Okie_Apparition
08-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Red or green don't matter, I'd reckon he's on a lot of iggy lists

Okie_Apparition
08-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Red or green don't matter, I'd bet he's on a lot of iggy lists

FYP

chiefscafan
08-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Please no favre!!

Um thank you direkshun I think.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Jimmy Dix.

TrebMaxx
08-13-2011, 03:09 PM
I think Daunte Culpepper is available and I would take him for a vet backup. I read somewhere that he would go for the vet min, 1 year deal and be willing to be a backup/mentor.

PGM
08-13-2011, 03:37 PM
None really .....

Still Available is :
Jim Sorgi
J.P. Losman
Charlie Frye
John Parker Wilson
Brodie Croyle
Keith Null
Jake Delhomme (Need to take a chance on him)Todd Collins

:spock: Wow

okiedokieokoye
08-13-2011, 04:05 PM
This.
http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/020510_replacements.jpg

Exoter175
08-13-2011, 04:13 PM
lol@ Favre comments.

BossChief
08-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Wait a second.

BRETT FAVRE.I know it was meant as a joke, but...

Brett Favre would quite possibly be the worst guy to have around Stanzi.

Stanzi got a lot better when he stopped trying to be like Brett/careless gunslinger and started learning how to properly protect the ball and his teams field position while also knowing when its good/ok to attack.

I just really think we got a HUGE steal with Stanzi.

chiefscafan
08-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Duante culpepper interesting

beach tribe
08-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Who put chiefscafan in the red?

That man needs a full bar of greens.

I gave him one green bar bar. LOL at my rep power

TrebMaxx
08-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I gave him one green bar bar. LOL at my rep power

Gave him another one.

Exoter175
08-13-2011, 04:45 PM
I know it was meant as a joke, but...

Brett Favre would quite possibly be the worst guy to have around Stanzi.

Stanzi got a lot better when he stopped trying to be like Brett/careless gunslinger and started learning how to properly protect the ball and his teams field position while also knowing when its good/ok to attack.

I just really think we got a HUGE steal with Stanzi.

Amen brother.

I literally did laps around my house when we drafted Stanzi. I sat there and played it out like a Midday TV Drama/Soap talking about it being "meant to be".

Now, I've been an Iowa boy since I was born, even though I've lived in KC nearly all my life, and I got to watch Stanzi (and Moeaki) grow up and become great collegiate players, so when my favorite (and hometown) team drafted Stanzi, it was literally the best feeling of joy/excitement I've had in a while. It felt like the universe aligned.

Safe to say, I've got Rose tinted glasses with Stanzi, I'm probably the forum's biggest homer when it comes to Stanzi, and I'll admit that.

Brock
08-13-2011, 04:48 PM
No to all of this old shit.

RedThat
08-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Collins would be my choice ....

He'd be a solid third stringer.