PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How many times have you heard it today?

KCrockaholic
08-13-2011, 04:31 PM
"Oh same old Chiefs"

"They look like a really bad team this year"

"This is gonna be a looong season"

Fuckin dumbass casual fans. I laugh at them every time I hear it. And I've heard it about 6 times since the game last night.

notorious
08-13-2011, 04:33 PM
"Oh same old Chiefs"

****in dumbass casual fans. I laugh at them every time I hear it. And I've heard it about 6 times since the game last night.

Ya, it's pretty bad.

Preseason doesn't mean a fucking thing.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm like the pointman for the Chiefs among my friends. Most of them like the Chiefs but aren't rabid like me.

All I've been doing since the lockout ended is bragging about how much better this team is going to be because of our draft and free agency moves.

We grab a bunch of beer and watch the game last night, and we put up zero points.

Everybody thinks I'm a fucking retard now. Well, even more than usual.

KCrockaholic
08-13-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm like the pointman for the Chiefs among my friends. Most of them like the Chiefs but aren't rabid like me.

All I've been doing since the lockout ended is bragging about how much better this team is going to be because of our draft and free agency moves.

We grab a bunch of beer and watch the game last night, and we put up zero points.

Everybody thinks I'm a fucking retard now. Well, even more than usual.

Kinda the same here man. And I want to explain it to them, but they wont get it, so I don't even bother.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Kinda the same here man.

Yeah.

They were duly impressed by Baldwin, however. "I'm a believer" was said numerous times after that hilariously impossible catch Baldwin made.

BossChief
08-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Ya, it's pretty bad.

Preseason doesn't mean a fucking thing.

especially the3 first game in preseason...that is also compounded this year due to the lockout situation.

DaFace
08-13-2011, 04:37 PM
The announcers last night didn't help things much when they pretty much ignored the fact that we were playing an entire team of guys who might not make the team by the end of the 1Q and acted like Tampa Bay was awesome for moving down the field.

Baconeater
08-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Well there certainly wasn't much from last night's performance that would inspire confidence in the team.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Yep. It's cool though. I've realized how many football fans don't know nearly what they tthink they know. I rarely bother trying to talk people off the cliff. I just say nothing counts until September 11th.

mnchiefsguy
08-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Yep. It's cool though. I've realized how many football fans don't know nearly what they tthink they know. I rarely bother trying to talk people off the cliff. I just say nothing counts until September 11th.

Exactly. I was at work last night, and someone was going off on how awful the team looked and how they did nothing to improve in the offseason. I just smiled and said we'll see what happens. :)

Mojo Jojo
08-13-2011, 04:40 PM
And yet I remember back in the day when the Chiefs would go 3-1 or 4-0 in preseason and everyone would get excited that it was the year they would turn the corner and still finish with 4 maybe 5 wins. It is what it is. I was very disappointed in the lack of caring about the game from everyone on the field. A for cry from SD and Seattle the night before.

Deberg_1990
08-13-2011, 04:44 PM
heh, alot of fans dont know or understand how to put things in perspective. They only know what they know and if they dont see a win or scoring, then they think its a fail.

I cant blame alot of people for feeling "Same old Chiefs", because basically thats what they have been fed for 40 years, but the past should not be held against Pioli and Haley.

Exoter175
08-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Next week Stanzi will drop 50 on the 2's defense and everybody will be all "We're going to the super bowl".

Yes, I just went Kobe/Lebron on this thread :D

Claynus
08-13-2011, 04:51 PM
If anyone EVER gives you shit about preseason just tell them you saw Gunther Cunninghm's defense play like the '85 Bears in the 2004 preseason before they ranked dead last in the league.

Chiefnj2
08-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Why can Tampa's backups play with fire and intensity but not KC?

KCrockaholic
08-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Why can Tampa's backups play with fire and intensity but not KC?

Our 2nd/3rd team O-line is a complete disaster. And we played Demond Washington and Quinten Lawrence at CB for 2 quarters. They got picked apart. I think our 2nd/3rd team O-line is just that bad.

Gonzo
08-13-2011, 05:43 PM
If everyone is still twitchy after the 3rd preseason game, then I'd give it a little merit. I didn't even watch the game after half time because I knew the scrubs would be in and there was no point to waste my time with it.
Next week will give us a little more info and week 3 will be a little more of a tell all for what the depth chart will look like.
Posted via Mobile Device

reschief
08-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Many fans don't have the patience to watch for the "diamond in the rough" that every now and then, shows up in a pre-season game. Hey, that dude's not half bad . . . the coaches called in evaluations. Casual fans only see the score and did they win or lose.

Groves
08-13-2011, 06:32 PM
The announcers last night didn't help things much when they pretty much ignored the fact that we were playing an entire team of guys who might not make the team by the end of the 1Q and acted like Tampa Bay was awesome for moving down the field.

Unfortunately, the announcers are paid to keep people tuned in.

It doesn't help them to waive that white flag at the end of the 1Q. I feel sorry for them, cause they have to make chicken salad outta you know what for most pre-season games.

Sfeihc
08-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Say what you will about the preseason but last night sucked.

ReynardMuldrake
08-13-2011, 06:44 PM
We have no names on the injury list. As far as I'm concerned, that's a W.

The one thing that concerned me last night was the complete lack of depth at O-line. Those guys have to stay healthy now. If our starters get hurt, we're fucked.

KCTitus
08-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Unfortunately, the announcers are paid to keep people tuned in.

It doesn't help them to waive that white flag at the end of the 1Q. I feel sorry for them, cause they have to make chicken salad outta you know what for most pre-season games.

Would have helped had the announcers not spent the entire first half verbally fellating Freeman. I guess that really was the only story line since the game was difficult to watch.

Flachief58
08-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Living in the Tampa area is pure hell today! I am wearing my division champ shirt today and caught hell from YUCKS fans everywhere I went today. To hear the average yuck fan tell it, they won the super bowl last night. I just smiled and walked away. No use wasting my breath on what are for the most part fairweather fans.

Bwana
08-13-2011, 07:02 PM

Yeah no doubt. They were to busy slobbering buc knob to call the game. Waaaaaay to may bullshit interviews during the game as well.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
"Oh same old Chiefs"

****in dumbass casual fans. I laugh at them every time I hear it. And I've heard it about 6 times since the game last night.

None. I live in Atlanta.

Lonewolf Ed
08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
I might feel like that if they had come out with a game plan and were trying to win a preseason game instead of treating it like a pratice scrimmage. I'm going to watch the next preseason games and see how players look and go from there.

Pioli Zombie
08-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Didn't the Chiefs suck monkey shit all through preseason last year and then go 10-6?

RedThat
08-13-2011, 07:42 PM

The one thing that concerned me last night was the complete lack of depth at O-line. Those guys have to stay healthy now. If our starters get hurt, we're ****ed.

:clap:

TEX
08-13-2011, 07:48 PM

The one thing that concerned me last night was the complete lack of depth at O-line. Those guys have to stay healthy now. If our starters get hurt, we're ****ed.

BOTH lines need to stay healthy...

Deberg_1990
08-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Didn't the Chiefs suck monkey shit all through preseason last year and then go 10-6?

Yes....bad teams have great preseasons, and good teams have bad preseasons all the time. Preseason games are meaningless, yet people always want to read into them, kneejerk and overanalyze.

KCTitus
08-13-2011, 07:49 PM

They did play Tampa Bay last preseason -- KC actually scored points in that game. Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China though.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-13-2011, 08:03 PM
If Tamba, Dorsey, Gregg, Gilberry, DJ, Flowers, Charles, and Bowe don't play and Cassel isn't allowed to throw a pass...

Playing 3's against starters tend to make a team look bad. Especially against the YOUNG BUCS :whackit:

wazu
08-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I learned a long time ago just to smile and move on when talking Chiefs to people outside of Chiefsplanet. They don't understand, and never will.

Renegade
08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I learned a long time ago just to smile and move on when talking Chiefs to people outside of Chiefsplanet. They don't understand, and never will.

Wow, you are assuming WE know what we are talking about:thumb:

JD10367
08-13-2011, 08:26 PM
I might feel like that if they had come out with a game plan and were trying to win a preseason game instead of treating it like a pratice scrimmage.

Casual fans want their team to come out and win in the preseason. Knowledgeable fans want their team to come out of a preseason game with no injuries. Coaches want to evaluate talent and make some back-end roster decisions, and maybe in Game 3 get a half-game tuneup for the starters. Smart coaches do that without showing a whole lot of their true regular-season intentions (e.g. Belichick plays very vanilla defense in the preseason). Really smart coaches might actually use the preseason to give future opponents something to worry about (like using a shifty speedy athletic player as a goalline QB just to give opposing head coaches even more to prepare for, even if the head coach with the shifty speedy guy never actually plans on ever pulling that play out in the regular season).

When it's preseason game three, if your starters play the entire first half and get totally smoked, THEN you can worry a little.

Bowser
08-13-2011, 08:36 PM

This is true. I taped the game and just watched it a bit ago. It was like Menefee and Billick were the owner/gm of the Bucs. To be fair, Billick did say a couple of times that the Bucs and Chiefs had different goals in regards to playing starters, but that didn't mean there wasn't knob slobbering going on in the meantime.

wazu
08-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Wow, you are assuming WE know what we are talking about:thumb:

Not always, but the chances around here are generally better. Chiefsplanet consensus tends to be ahead of the media curve. Average fan on the street is somewhere around it.

J Diddy
08-13-2011, 10:13 PM
This is true. I taped the game and just watched it a bit ago. It was like Menefee and Billick were the owner/gm of the Bucs. To be fair, Billick did say a couple of times that the Bucs and Chiefs had different goals in regards to playing starters, but that didn't mean there wasn't knob slobbering going on in the meantime.

How do you call a meaningless game? By acting like it's not meaningless.

They had nowhere to go, but with that angle. Would you have stuck around to watch the game if every other sentence out of their mouths were to the tune of "We're watching the Tampa first stringers destroy KC's third string"

craneref
08-13-2011, 10:49 PM
The 2007 P{atriots that went 18-1 lsoing only the Superbowl to the Giants, set a league record in scoring and pretty much destroyed their competition each week lost their first preseason game of the season to Tampa Bay 13-10. That offensive machine scored only 10 points int heir first preseason game after a normal offseason. How many people remember that, or that they lost the next week to Tenessee 27-24? I am not saying the Chiefs are the 2007 Patriots, but just saying that the pre-season is just that, BEFORE the season. I never want to see the Chiefs lose, but I don't obsess over preseaon losses, the game that are used for evaluating players that may or not even make the team. So I am goin to relax and actually enjoy the Chiefs as they imporve and as they have to cut some talent that would have made the team in previous years!

KcMizzou
08-13-2011, 11:00 PM
How many times have you heard it today?

I'll hear it when I go to work Monday.

KCrockaholic
08-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Not always, but the chances around here are generally better. Chiefsplanet consensus tends to be ahead of the media curve. Average fan on the street is somewhere around it.

I agree.

I come to CP because most of us here are die hard fans that not only know our Chiefs, but know football extremely well. Most of us here are well beyond the casual fan from a football IQ standpoint. We have a more complex and diverse opinion than most fans.

And honestly I can't stand talking football with casual fans. They piss me off because they don't understand anything. It's not necessarily their fault, but I like to have an intelligent conversation about football, not a "This team sucks. This team is good" conversation.

TRR
08-13-2011, 11:34 PM
In preseason, you win if you come out of each game with little to no injuries. I could care less what the score is, how many fumbles they have, how many INT's Cassel throws, how many dropped balls Bowe has, etc...

Can you imagine the scrutiny Haley would be under today if Charles tore his knee up on Friday? Or Hali got hurt, etc...? Play it safe.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog Farmer
08-14-2011, 06:54 AM
This is why I don't have any friends. I hate explaining things to morons. I have to do enough of that here.

Brainiac
08-14-2011, 07:41 AM
The 2007 Patriots that went 18-1 losing only the Superbowl to the Giants, set a league record in scoring and pretty much destroyed their competition each week lost their first preseason game of the season to Tampa Bay 13-10. That offensive machine scored only 10 points int heir first preseason game after a normal offseason. How many people remember that, or that they lost the next week to Tenessee 27-24? I am not saying the Chiefs are the 2007 Patriots, but just saying that the pre-season is just that, BEFORE the season. I never want to see the Chiefs lose, but I don't obsess over preseaon losses, the game that are used for evaluating players that may or not even make the team. So I am goin to relax and actually enjoy the Chiefs as they imporve and as they have to cut some talent that would have made the team in previous years!
There are all kinds of examples just like that.
The 2008 Lions went 4-0 in preseason and 0-16 in the regular season.
The 1973 Giants went 6-0 in the preseason and 2-11-1 in the regular season.
The 2005 Colts went 0-5 in the preseason and then won their first 13 games of the regular season, finishing 14-2.

You can even find an example like that for the Chiefs: in 2005 the Chiefs were 0-4 in the preseason and 10-6 in the regular season.

I wouldn't get my panties in a wad over any preseason game, good or bad.

Red Beans
08-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Our 2nd/3rd team O-line is a complete disaster. And we played Demond Washington and Quinten Lawrence at CB for 2 quarters. They got picked apart. I think our 2nd/3rd team O-line is just that bad.

Our 2s and 3s on the O-line are like 80% Undrafted FA's...Most of them are going to suck. There will be a diamond amongst the coal, but mostly they will engage in some serious suckage...

KCrockaholic
08-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Our 2s and 3s on the O-line are like 80% Undrafted FA's...Most of them are going to suck. There will be a diamond amongst the coal, but mostly they will engage in some serious suckage...

I'm hoping that diamond is David Mims. But he didn't stand out to me in particular in this game.

Red Beans
08-14-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm hoping that diamond is David Mims. But he didn't stand out to me in particular in this game.

I agree. But you're right. He didn't distinguish himself in any way.

MahiMike
08-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Yeah, my wife's become an NFL fan and wanted to watch more games last night. I told her I wasn't really interested...yet.