PDA

View Full Version : Computers Black Screen

crispystl420
08-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Is anyone familiar with this. Windows will boot to black screen menu. I guess that's what you would call it. The screen with safe mode etc.etc. but when you select a choice it tries to boot windows 7 and the icon comes up but then it completely black screens. I just want to delete windows seven and install xp. What can I do to format the hard drive?

pr_capone
08-13-2011, 07:59 PM
If you have the XP disk, just put it in the drive and reboot the computer. Your computer is likely set to boot off the cd drive first. That disk should format the drive prior to installing.

crispystl420
08-13-2011, 08:05 PM
If you have the XP disk, just put it in the drive and reboot the computer. Your computer is likely set to boot off the cd drive first. That disk should format the drive prior to installing.

I tried that but it gets an error. Sorry let me check and see exactly what error pops up. Thanks for all our help.

crispystl420
08-13-2011, 08:19 PM
It still tries to boot in safe mode with the cd in. When I go to boot menu and put in boot from cd it says a problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer on a blue screen. (on a blue screen)

Fish
08-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Is anyone familiar with this. Windows will boot to black screen menu. I guess that's what you would call it. The screen with safe mode etc.etc. but when you select a choice it tries to boot windows 7 and the icon comes up but then it completely black screens. I just want to delete windows seven and install xp. What can I do to format the hard drive?

WTF would you do that for? Fix Win7. Have you tried booting to safe mode in Win7?

phisherman
08-13-2011, 08:26 PM
i've got a DOS boot disk and windows ME, we can make it a party

Fish
08-13-2011, 08:46 PM

Ha... Now we're talkin.....

Windows ME rules!

phisherman
08-13-2011, 09:11 PM
I was going to say OS2/Warp, but I didn't want to make my reference too obscure.

crispystl420
08-14-2011, 06:49 AM
WTF would you do that for? Fix Win7. Have you tried booting to safe mode in Win7?

I try to but in safe mode and the windows emblem pops up but it just hangs a black screen after that. i was trying to fix it for someone I know and I don't have the installation cd and I can't make a recovery cd because I can't get into windows in any way shape or form

QuikSsurfer
08-14-2011, 01:37 PM

lol