PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama's Bus Tour then a 10 Day Vacation..again

HonestChieffan
08-14-2011, 02:11 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Obama-Bus.jpg

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Obama-phone-facepalm.jpg

Obama heads to heartland to talk jobs
By: Brian Hughes

The dust will have barely settled after a weeklong Republican spectacle in Iowa when President Obama comes riding into the Hawkeye State on Monday to kick off a campaign-style tour of Midwestern states and to tout his plans to fix the economy.
Obama will spend three days hosting town hall meetings in Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois to counter the steady stream of criticism he has faced because of an unpopular debt deal, stubbornly high unemployment and an unprecedented downgrade of the nation's credit rating.

The president will arrive in Iowa, a state he carried in 2008, just after the Republican presidential contenders wrap up a debate and straw poll that each of them used to heap scorn on the president and his policies, particularly his inability to turn around a sagging economy.

Though home-state Illinois is firmly in Obama's camp, the event will serve as notice to voters in battlegrounds Iowa and Minnesota, as well as neighboring Wisconsin, of the president's message on job creation. The president vowed to release specific proposals to create new jobs in coming days.

Some political observers say the timing of the trip is fitting for the president, considering the recent pummeling he took from GOP presidential contenders and the importance of demonstrating his economic acumen.

"It's smart just to make sure that people don't think you're missing in action," said Dennis Goldford, a political scientist at Drake University in Des Moines. "Right now, everybody's attention, regardless of their party affiliation, is on the Republican side."

On Monday, Obama will answer questions from the public in Cannon Falls, Minn., and in Decorah, Iowa. He will spend the next two days hosting a rural economic forum in Peosta, Iowa, and two town halls in Illinois.

Republicans dismissed the bus tour as another example of Obama behaving like a "campaigner in chief," though administration officials say he is merely connecting with voters on an issue of critical importance.

"The president views it as one of the chief responsibilities in office to spend some time outside Washington, talking to people all across the country about the economy and about how they're impacted by the policy decisions that he's making here in Washington," said deputy White House press secretary Josh Earnest. "That isn't just an appropriate thing for a president to do, it's something that a president should do."

The White House, not Obama's re-election team, is coordinating the trip.

With so much economic uneasiness, however, Obama might not receive the same type of reception he did as a candidate crisscrossing the Midwest in 2008 when voters were receptive to his message of hope and change.

Though Obama is unlikely to criticize any GOP rivals by name, the White House has offered a preview as to how he will characterize the Republican Party in general.

Much as he did in a recent speech at a Michigan battery factory, Obama will assail Republicans for moving further out of the mainstream and as unwilling to compromise if it conflicts with their political agenda.

After the bus tour ends, Obama will travel with his family to Martha's Vineyard on Thursday for a 10-day vacation.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/08/obama-heads-heartland-talk-jobs?utm_source=feedburnerdcexaminer%2FPolitics&utm_medium=feedExaminerPolitics&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dcexaminer%2FPolitics+%28ExaminerPolitics%29feed&utm_content=feed&utm_term=feed#ixzz1V2HilDEk

CoMoChief
08-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I just really don't see how people think this nut is doing a good job.

He's on track (if not already) to be the worst POTUS ever....even worse than Carter.

petegz28
08-14-2011, 03:34 PM
3 years into his term and his now ready to talk jobs???

petegz28
08-14-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm here to talk to you about jobs, now that we have spent trillions on the stimulus, passed an unpopular health care plan, got our debt rating downgraded, I am here to finally talk about jobs........then I am taking 10 days off!

You just can't make this shit up

BigChiefFan
08-14-2011, 03:50 PM
I hope like 5 people show up in total.

suzzer99
08-15-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm pretty sure Obama could cure cancer and you guys would find a way to hate him for it. "Yeah that's great cancer boy, but when are you going to focus on JOBS???"

Jaric
08-15-2011, 07:14 AM
I'm pretty sure Obama could cure cancer and you guys would find a way to hate him for it. "Yeah that's great cancer boy, but when are you going to focus on JOBS???"

So should I be excited that our economy is about to collapse and our President is out campaigning and then plans to take another vacation?

KILLER_CLOWN
08-15-2011, 07:16 AM
We need to Resurrect Andrew Jackson, nothing less will do.

HonestChieffan
08-15-2011, 07:37 AM

Im equally sure the chances of him doing either are nil.

ChiTown
08-15-2011, 07:50 AM

That's quite funny.

Your President has done nothing about creating jobs that aren't temporary or Government related - you know, jobs that can actually create wealth. This dipshit has NO, let me repeat, NO idea how to lead.

All the while, The Libbies are driving around the Country handing out free-passes for BO. "Hey, he inherited a mess. It's not his fault. It's only been 3 years! If it wasn't for BO, our debt would still be measured in Billions! Think about it......................., oh, and pay your fair share, Big Oil!"

Friggen Obots.
:D

mlyonsd
08-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Now and Then

White House press secretary Jay Carney is whistling a different tune now when it comes to presidential vacations than when he was writing for Time Magazine in 2001.

Back then, Carney was critical of then-President George W. Bush's Texas getaway in an article titled "A Vacationing Bush Works Hard for His Photo-Ops." Carney wrote about how aides were trying to -- quote -- "persuade the public that he wasn't actually on vacation in the generally accepted sense of what vacation means."

Now, Carney is defending President Obama's upcoming 10-day Martha's Vineyard holiday, despite an unstable U.S. economy.

Carney told reporters -- quote -- "There's no such thing as a presidential vacation. The presidency travels with you."

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/2011/08/11/changing-tune-carney

HonestChieffan
08-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Inconspicuous...

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/bus-tour-obama-550x253.jpg

Wonder what that cost us?