PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Wasserman-Shultz and her alternate reality

HonestChieffan
08-14-2011, 08:41 PM
I do love Debbiebaby

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Obama-phone-facepalm.jpg

The Hill) — President Obama’s reelection effort is in “remarkably good shape,” the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) asserted on Sunday.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (Fla.), the DNC chief, said that she doesn’t think the president’s bid for a second term is in trouble.

“The president is in actually remarkably good shape, given that he is still struggling to help pull our economy out of the Republican — the Republican recession that he inherited. His numbers are still strong. He still has widespread support. If anyone is in trouble, it’s the Republican Party,” she said.

Same Day Headline from MSNBC

OBAMA'S APPROVAL RATING HITS ALL-TIME LOW
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44138201#44138201

And LA Times:

(LA Times) — President Obama‘s summer woes have dragged his approval rating to an all-time low, sinking below 40% for the first time in Gallup’s daily tracking poll.

New data posted Sunday shows that 39% of Americans approve of Obama’s job performance, while 54% disapprove. Both are the worst numbers of his presidency.

Obama’s approval rating has hovered in the 40% range for much of 2011, peaking at 53% in the weeks following the death of Osama bin Laden.

But Americans’ view of his job performance continued to tick downward as the debt-ceiling debate heated up. By the time he signed legislation averting a federal default, he was mired in the low-40% range.

The polling setback comes as the Republican race to unseat him has kicked into overdrive. The past week has been dominated by the activity in Iowa ahead of the Ames Straw Poll, and the entrance of a new contender in Texas Gov. Rick Perry. The candidates have routinely assailed Obama’s leadership in appealing to conservative activists who dominate this stage of the nominating contest.

Obama is set to launch something of a counter-offensive on Monday with a three-day bus tour of the Midwest, a trip that includes two stops in Iowa. The White House denied that the itinerary was politically motivated, however.

The three-day tracking poll was conducted from Aug. 11–13.
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-approval-20110814,0,2481281.story

alpha_omega
08-15-2011, 11:39 AM
If anyone is in trouble, it’s the Republican Party,” she said.

No Debbie, its our COUNTRY as a whole that is in trouble.

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Well what is she supposed to say?

Jaric
08-15-2011, 11:53 AM

Something to the effect of "things haven't gone how we wanted, here is what we're going to do to fix it."

You know, leadership. Not fingering pointing.

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Something to the effect of "things haven't gone how we wanted, here is what we're going to do to fix it."

You know, leadership. Not fingering pointing.

She's the chairwoman of the Democratic party, not the POTUS.

alpha_omega
08-15-2011, 12:03 PM

Ok...I'll bite....how about the truth as it related to this.....

New data posted Sunday shows that 39% of Americans approve of Obama’s job performance, while 54% disapprove. Both are the worst numbers of his presidency.

That is pretty much the opposite of what she is saying.

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Who cares?

alpha_omega
08-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Who cares?

Excellent!

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Excellent!

She's doing her job: to make the DNC sound better than the GOP. Don't get mad at her for doing it.

Jaric
08-15-2011, 12:35 PM
She's the chairwoman of the Democratic party, not the POTUS.

So being the Chairperson for the DNC prevents her from taking a leadership role?

HonestChieffan
08-15-2011, 12:40 PM
So being the Chairperson for the DNC prevents her from taking a leadership role?

She seems to be leading just not where the Dems would like to be.

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 01:34 PM

She is leading. She's leading the campaign for the Democrats in 2012. I hate to spoil the ending, but there will be no bad news coming from the chairman of the party about the party's chances in 2012 until, perhaps, the day after the election.

Jaric
08-15-2011, 01:44 PM
She is leading. She's leading the campaign for the Democrats in 2012. I hate to spoil the ending, but there will be no bad news coming from the chairman of the party about the party's chances in 2012 until, perhaps, the day after the election.So in other words the plan is to scream "ALL IS WELL" and hope it sticks?

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 01:47 PM
So in other words the plan is to scream "ALL IS WELL" and hope it sticks?

That's certainly part of it.

alpha_omega
08-15-2011, 01:49 PM
She is leading....

“The president is in actually remarkably good shape...

Ya, she is leading the league in BS.

But, we get your point....she is just doing her job.

Jaric
08-15-2011, 01:50 PM
That's certainly part of it.

Rep for honesty.

Now, do you personally consider that "leadership?"

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Rep for honesty.

Now, do you personally consider that "leadership?"

Yes, for her position. Her job is to promote Obama and the rest of the Democrats. Saying good things about them is a part of that. Saying, "We have real troubles" is definitely not.

Jaric
08-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes, for her position. Her job is to promote Obama and the rest of the Democrats. Saying good things about them is a part of that. Saying, "We have real troubles" is definitely not.

That's an interesting response. See, as I see it, they do have real troubles. Now perhaps this is just me, but I think it would be nice instead of pretending everything is hunky dory to aknowledge there are real problems and offer solutions to them. That's what I consider leadership. Right now she's no different than Bahgdad Bob. It's hard for me to take people like that seriously.

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 02:04 PM
That's an interesting response. See, as I see it, they do have real troubles. Now perhaps this is just me, but I think it would be nice instead of pretending everything is hunky dory to aknowledge there are real problems and offer solutions to them. That's what I consider leadership. Right now she's no different than Bahgdad Bob. It's hard for me to take people like that seriously.

Part of the job is being like Baghdad Bob. She holds no publicly-elected position. She has no other responsibilities other than promoting Democrats.

This concept shouldn't be new or strange to us. She's not part of the media. She's not a leader of the people.

Why post this article? Because it's partisan bullshit. As if the Republican National Committee didn't wholeheartedly support Bush but came out with the "truth" about low approval ratings, lost support of Iraq, etc.

Jaric
08-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Part of the job is being like Baghdad Bob. She holds no publicly-elected position. She has no other responsibilities other than promoting Democrats.

This concept shouldn't be new or strange to us. She's not part of the media. She's not a leader of the people.

Please correct me if I am mistating your position here, but it sounds as if you are arguing she is simply doing her duty rather than showing actual leadership.

Jaric
08-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Why post this article? Because it's partisan bullshit. As if the Republican National Committee didn't wholeheartedly support Bush but came out with the "truth" about low approval ratings, lost support of Iraq, etc.

Sorry, responded before you edited.

If you want to argue that the Republicans are guilty of this sort of nonsense you'll find no argument from me.

I'm fed up with both parties.

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Please correct me if I am mistating your position here, but it sounds as if you are arguing she is simply doing her duty rather than showing actual leadership.

I'm not sure what "actual leadership" is -- leadership can be good for one thing, but inadequate for another. Here, the chairwoman is showing leadership in her role as Democratic cheerleader, but it would be inadequate leadership if she were a Scout troop leader, or a pastor, or maybe president of the United States.

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Sorry, responded before you edited.

If you want to argue that the Republicans are guilty of this sort of nonsense you'll find no argument from me.

I'm fed up with both parties.

I doubt there has ever been a party or interest group exist that doesn't have some sort of mouthpiece or rallying support center.

HonestChieffan
08-15-2011, 02:24 PM

She is a congresswoman is she not?

wassermanschultz.house.gov

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 02:31 PM
She is a congresswoman is she not?

wassermanschultz.house.gov

Do you think her being a congresswoman is a conflict of interest with being the party's chairperson?

Let me soften the blows for you, Honest: she's going to say things you're going to disagree with. Get over it.

HonestChieffan
08-15-2011, 02:35 PM
No. I was confused when you said she She holds no publicly-elected position. Wouldnt she be more effective at bringing people into her party by saying things that ate true and that people would find agreement with?

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 02:37 PM
No. I was confused when you said she She holds no publicly-elected position. Wouldnt she be more effective at bringing people into her party by saying things that ate true and that people would find agreement with?

I was referring to the chairperson position. It's true that I misspoke in saying that.

King_Chief_Fan
08-15-2011, 02:49 PM
So in other words the plan is to scream "ALL IS WELL" and hope it sticks?

yup the DNC's version of Baghdad Bob