PDA

View Full Version : Economics Breaking news: Water is wet and Paul Krugman's been watching Watchmen

SNR
08-15-2011, 01:00 PM
And unlike other sci-fi geeks, he can't separate fiction from reality

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nhMAV9VLvHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Calcountry
08-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Battle Los Angeles. We were vastly underfunded for that operation.

orange
08-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Speaking of "separating fiction from reality," do you think he's actually proposing this?

Chief Henry
08-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Speaking of "separating fiction from reality," do you think he's actually suggesting this?

Yes he was serious. Its just another goofy idea from Liberals to try and fix this economic mess.

ChiTown
08-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Speaking of "separating fiction from reality," do you think he's actually proposing this?

Does it really matter?

The fact that he even thinks like this shows you what a goofy douche Krugman really is.

Jenson71
08-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Does it really matter?

The fact that he even thinks like this shows you what a goofy douche Krugman really is.

It only seems goofy because of the alien attack talk. The principle of the discussion isn't really goofy: it's a major premise of a major branch of economic thinking that dominated the United States for several decades.

Taco John
08-15-2011, 03:44 PM
It only seems goofy because of the alien attack talk. The principle of the discussion isn't really goofy: it's a major premise of a major branch of economic thinking that dominated the United States for several decades.

Which has ultimately failed us. Now they're saying "all this spending we've done over the last century that has bankrupt us, well it's not enough. We need TRILLLLLLLLLIONS more to get this plan to work."

I'm not even using hyperbole when I say that Krugman would find $18 trillion to be a conservative number.

Bewbies
08-15-2011, 05:17 PM

Which is probably why we are nearly $15,000,000,000,000.00 in debt.

orange
08-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Which is probably why we are nearly $15,000,000,000,000.00 in debt.

It's also probably why with less than 5% of the world's population, we produce over 30% of the world's GDP. Keynesian economics has sure held us down, boy.

Bewbies
08-15-2011, 05:30 PM
It's also probably why with less than 5% of the world's population, we produce over 30% of the world's GDP. Keynesian economics has sure held us down, boy.

The gov't doesn't produce our GDP.

ChiTown
08-15-2011, 05:33 PM

It does in Obamanomics. We just need to do a Census every other week and we could really create jobs.........

SNR
08-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Speaking of "separating fiction from reality," do you think he's actually proposing this?I hadn't posted an HCF-style troll thread in awhile. I'm only paying my dues.

SNR
08-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Apart from the alien talk, it's just like getting an audio version of one of his NYT articles.

My other problem is the way he lights up when he talks about WWII and the amount of spending that was going on. And of course, he would totally say something like, "Many in the federal government don't agree, but it IS the logical solution."

And of course it might work. You're creating money. It's just really expensive, and the sustainability of the whole operation is the part most people question. There's gotta be a better way.

mlyonsd
08-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Apart from the alien talk, it's just like getting an audio version of one of his NYT articles.

My other problem is the way he lights up when he talks about WWII and the amount of spending that was going on. And of course, he would totally say something like, "Many in the federal government don't agree, but it IS the logical solution."

And of course it might work. You're creating money. It's just really expensive, and the sustainability of the whole operation is the part most people question. There's gotta be a better way.So basically if we can figure out a way to start WWIII and completely demolish Europe and Asia our economy will be poised to completely rebuild the world and our bank account.

Check.

Krugman is a village idiot.

HonestChieffan
08-15-2011, 08:36 PM

GDP does include Govt spending.....If we spend enough, the rest wont matter...whippeeeeeeee

HonestChieffan
08-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Krug and Zombies.

AR15.com baby