PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV With a Review Like This...

AirForceChief
08-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Has anyone seen "Dear Zachary"? It's a documentary that tops a list of "The 9 Most Devastatingly Sad Documentaries of All Time." For that alone, I'll probably never work up the nerve to watch. But that's one intriguing review:

"Dear Zachary is one messed-up motherfucking documentary, people. And the less you know about it, perhaps, the better. Or maybe not. I knew nothing about it going in, and made the mistake of forcing Mrs. Pajiba-hyphenate to watch it with me. Within 11 minutes, she was sobbing, begging me to turn it off. Before I could find the remote, however, shed been sucked back into an all-too engrossing story of a mans freakish, tragic murder. But by minute 32, Mrs. Pajiba-hyphenate was inconsolable but transfixed, watching the next 45 minutes of the documentary with bleary, tear-filled eyes. Before the documentary ended, those tears turned to silent shock. And, for the both of us, it was perhaps the first time wed ever been completely paralyzed by a film. It is an experience unlike almost any other, and your emotions will run the gamut, from sadness, to pride, to despair, to anger, to ache, and to complete disbelief, and unbelievable, mess-you-the-fuck up shock."

So who brought the popcorn!?!

Demonpenz
08-15-2011, 05:06 PM
you should watch "Dear Zachary Part 2" where (Incarcerated chiefsfan) begs |Zach| to change his name back, Zach tells him he just needs to start a thread about it, but DaFace takes away his thread making abilities. Truely a sad movie indeed.

Detoxing
08-15-2011, 05:07 PM
I've read about it and it's on my list of things to see. Every review says you'll squirt tears. It doesn't really "call" to me, but a lot of good movies don't and I end up enjoying them, so....Ima go for it any day now.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I gotta see this. I love a good cry. I'm a pussy like that.

DMAC
08-15-2011, 05:12 PM
More than anything, it will PISS YOU OFF.

BigRock
08-15-2011, 05:16 PM
It's pretty messed up.

|Zach|
08-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Uh, yea...this movie pretty much wrecked a whole weekend of mine a few years ago.

I can't think of another movie that had that sort of impact on me...it isn't even close.

crispystl420
08-15-2011, 05:18 PM

Agreed

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Well.... maybe I don't need to see it....

Detoxing
08-15-2011, 05:23 PM

It's pretty messed up.

Agreed

Damn, not watching it tonight then....

Reaper16
08-15-2011, 05:27 PM
It's a must-see. But, yeah, it's really, really, really good at making you emotional.

scott free
08-15-2011, 05:33 PM
This things drawing a lot of strong responses, my curiosity is piqued. I'll look for it at the vid store but wont hold my breath in this small town.

Anyone wanna give a short synopsis?

Detoxing
08-15-2011, 05:34 PM
This things drawing a lot of strong responses, my curiosity is piqued. I'll look for it at the vid store but wont hold my breath in this small town.

got Netflix? It's in the Netflix streaming library.

Baby Lee
08-15-2011, 06:15 PM

Here's one, but seriously it's more immediate to experience it firsthand

Guy started making a film for his slain friend's infant son.
The dead guy had started dating this flaky chick 13 years his senior.
They broke up and she headed back to her home [Newfie, 1000 miles from him].
Then she turned around and arranged to meet him at a park.
He was found dead in that park the next morning.
Flaky chick revealed that she was pregnant.
Investigation points to her being guilty of the murder, but it [and the prosecution] proceeds glacially.
In time, Flaky chick and dead guy's parents spar for custody/visitation of the infant. Thing are tense, but they [particularly the grandparents] try to shield the infant from unpleasantness.
Eventually they find the matter sufficiently proven to proceed to trial.
But the trial judge allows her to remain free on bail [even though it's now a 1st degree murder case] pending trial.
Flaky chick takes the infant to the sea and wades in to both of their deaths.

4th and Long
08-15-2011, 06:15 PM
The thing you'll take away from this movie is that the Canadian Justice System is complete shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
You very well may cry. And you'll probably be totally pissed off. And it will probably wreck you emotionally for at least one day.

Give it a go if you like.

|Zach|
08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
You very well may cry. And you'll probably be totally pissed off. And it will probably wreck you emotionally for at least one day.

Give it a go if you like.

Yea pretty much this.

It is still quite good and worth watching IMO.

Pitt Gorilla
08-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Theres a CP thread about this movie somewhere.

threebag02
08-15-2011, 09:46 PM
It's pretty messed up.

If you think that is watch the Crying Game.

SLAG
08-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Theres a CP thread about this movie somewhere.

Yes in the Media center

Go read that thread

Everyone that has seen this movie agrees how compelling it is and it does really grab you.

I tell everyone that if they want an excellent documentary but want to feel angry and like shit - watch this movie

Pitt Gorilla
08-15-2011, 10:00 PM
If you think that is watch the Crying Game.I prefer Cry, Cry Again.