PDA

View Full Version : Elections Rick Perry and the stimulus money

banyon
08-15-2011, 08:41 PM
People are starting to dig apart that economic record and "jobs governor" claim:

"But it was Perry’s record on the 2009 federal stimulus that garnered the most attention from Cooper. The governor claimed that he was able to balance the budget without raising taxes or getting money from the state’s “rainy day fund,” but what Perry didn’t mention was that in lieu of the emergency fund, Texas accepted over $6 billion in federal stimulus money. Cooper pointed out that on the day Perry requested the federal stimulus money, he released a post on his website telling voters to oppose the recovery act."

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=2RDKMZ3C2X06C8NS&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

HonestChieffan
08-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Perry is a killer! Perry is doom!

banyon
08-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Do you not think it is relevant?

Chocolate Hog
08-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Banyon as you can see in the polls facts don't mean much to Republicans.

patteeu
08-15-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't see why this should hurt him. Are we supposed to believe that without the availability of stimulus money, Perry wouldn't have found a different way to balance the budget? Should we be upset that he took the money despite being against the program rather than seeing Texan's tax money go to California or Illinois or New York instead?

Cannibal
08-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Holy shit we do not need another shitkicking Texas clown like this so soon after Bush. I'd rather Romney win if it comes to that.

Bewbies
08-15-2011, 09:12 PM
You people are idiots.

Taking $6B in stimulus cash is much worse than adding $5 trillion to the national debt.

Obama > Perry

HonestChieffan
08-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Do you not think it is relevant?

What I see as relevant is you have already decided to savage Perry, you claim to not be an Obot anymore and this is your stand. Take the position of Im no Obot anymore but I hate Bachman, Perry, etc etc.

Keep bringing the talking points handed to you. If you need more, Orange will get them for you.

SNR
08-15-2011, 11:03 PM
You people are idiots.

Taking $6B in stimulus cash is much worse than adding $5 trillion to the national debt.

Obama > PerryHey everybody it's okay! We can all forget about the recession! Perry > Obama, so no worries.

Does anybody really think this clown could lead the country? He'd be just as bad as Bush and Obama.

Bewbies
08-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Hey everybody it's okay! We can all forget about the recession! Perry > Obama, so no worries.

Does anybody really think this clown could lead the country? He'd be just as bad as Bush and Obama.

I don't know much about him, but disagree that he'd be "as bad" as Obama. Even Jimmy Carter wasn't "as bad" as Obama.

BigChiefFan
08-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Another insider, who's playing the part of Good 'Ol Boy. There's only one real candidate in the election and isn't this jellyfish.

SNR
08-16-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't know much about him, but disagree that he'd be "as bad" as Obama. Even Jimmy Carter wasn't "as bad" as Obama.Looking at his resume, he would seem to do a fine job not cutting spending.

Just what the Republicans always wanted!

Taco John
08-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Perry seems like the kind of guy that would be good to have a beer with.

BucEyedPea
08-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Perry seems like the kind of guy that would be good to have a beer with.

I looked up some younger pictures of him. Oh MY! What a hunk he was in his day! Dumb though.
Mostly Cs and Ds in college and put on probation for it. Unless he was surrounded by women and couldn't study.

banyon
08-16-2011, 08:56 AM
What I see as relevant is you have already decided to savage Perry, you claim to not be an Obot anymore and this is your stand. Take the position of Im no Obot anymore but I hate Bachman, Perry, etc etc.

Keep bringing the talking points handed to you. If you need more, Orange will get them for you.

I haven't decided to savage or vote for anyone. I want to have all of the info about them.

The idea that just posting some pretty objective facts about him from a relatively unbiased source is "savaging him" shows that you are feeling awfully defensive about this for no real good reason I can identify.

banyon
08-16-2011, 08:58 AM
I don't see why this should hurt him. Are we supposed to believe that without the availability of stimulus money, Perry wouldn't have found a different way to balance the budget? Should we be upset that he took the money despite being against the program rather than seeing Texan's tax money go to California or Illinois or New York instead?

It hurts him because he appears to be a hypocrite on this claim.

What he shouldn't have done is take stimulus funds the same day he railed against them. That's hypocrisy. That can only be difficult to see if you are being intentionally obtuse.

But like I said, it's just info for the tea partiers who think he's a small government purist.

LOCOChief
08-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Holy shit we do not need another shitkicking Texas clown like this so soon after Bush. I'd rather Romney win if it comes to that.

Yes because everyone from Texas is Bush.

Cannibal
08-16-2011, 08:59 AM
I haven't decided to savage or vote for anyone. I want to have all of the info about them.

The idea that just posting some pretty objective facts about him from a relatively unbiased source is "savaging him" shows that you are feeling awfully defensive about this for no real good reason I can identify.

HCF complaining about "savaging" a political figure makes me laugh this morning. LOL

banyon
08-16-2011, 09:03 AM
HCF complaining about "savaging" a political figure makes me laugh this morning. LOL

Yeah, on this same front page he started two separate threads (why we needed two threads on that topic I have no idea) whining about Obama's bus tour.

Cannibal
08-16-2011, 09:03 AM

Don't need it.

He even acts like Bush from what I've seen thus far. Same stupid, good ole boy, texas bravado, shit kicking mannerisms too. Fuck that shit.

stevieray
08-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Don't need it.

He even acts like Bush from what I've seen thus far. Same stupid, good ole boy, texas bravado, shit kicking mannerisms too. **** that shit.

...go kill someone eating dogfood...ya, you're the voice of reason.

it amazes me how much the left spend foaming at the mouth about the right, when only a handful of libs here even come close to taking an objective look at their own party/politicians.

BucEyedPea
08-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Don't need it.

He even acts like Bush from what I've seen thus far. Same stupid, good ole boy, texas bravado, shit kicking mannerisms too. **** that shit.

Well let's see:

• academic performance is worse than Bush ( Who had average Ivy League grades I believe)

• introduced debt to a debt-averse state

• accepted stimulus money (While criticizing it<— this part is different)

• Evangelical camp

• Pledged undying support to Israel—another Israel Firster

• Establishment

Enough similarities so far it seems.

Cannibal
08-16-2011, 09:17 AM

it amazes me how much the left spend foaming at the mouth about the right, when only a handful of libs here even come close to taking an objective look at their own party/politicians.

You happen to be wrong about that. I've already stated that Obama does NOT deserve to be reelected and I do not plan on voting for him again. Just please, I'm begging now, don't nominate Captain Shitkicker or Bachman.

LOCOChief
08-16-2011, 09:18 AM

Exactly.

"He's just as bad as Bush and just as stupid too"

Question:

Who do you think could be the stupid one"
a. Two term POTUS and Yale grad?
b. Someone posting on a message board in the middle of a workday?

Good ol boys with shit kicking mannerisms are what have kept this country going.

Cannibal
08-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Well let's see:

• academic performance is worse than Bush ( Who had average Ivy League grades I believe)

• introduced debt to a debt-averse state

• Evangelical camp

• Pledged undying support to Israel—another Israel Firster

• Establishment

Enough similarities so far it seems.

You nailed it.

Dave Lane
08-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Perry is awesome go Perry!

Donger
08-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Cooper pointed out that on the day Perry requested the federal stimulus money, he released a post on his website telling voters to oppose the recovery act."

What did this post say, exactly?

Baby Lee
08-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I heard Chris Matthews thinks he dresses funny. He seemed really mad about it.

BucEyedPea
08-16-2011, 09:29 AM
I heard Chris Matthews thinks he dresses funny. He seemed really mad about it.

Pretty much how many on the left makes their case. Oh and Bachmann is a loon!

mlyonsd
08-16-2011, 09:34 AM

To me this is an idiotic argument.

The stimulus money is being paid for by taxpayers. Taxpayers from all 50 states. A state can't opt out of paying for stimulus dollars that are going to be spent.

A Governor accepting the money while criticizing the stimulus is a perfectly justifiable act. He's just trying to recover funds the taxpayers of his state are going to be forced to pay whether they like it or not.

BucEyedPea
08-16-2011, 09:41 AM
• Rick Perry disguises the process of raising revenue by increasing debt rather than taxing the people directly.

• Rick Perry signed legislation creating a fund which gave Countrywide a $20,000,000 grant to create jobs just before they went bankrupt.

• Rick Perry attends the same church that inspires George W. Bush.

Jenson71
08-16-2011, 09:51 AM

Are there more Hispanic descendants in TX now than white people?

PunkinDrublic
08-16-2011, 09:54 AM

Texas Republicans are pretty much all the same.

Jaric
08-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Texas Republicans are pretty much all the same.

Ron Paul does not like this post.

Cannibal
08-16-2011, 09:57 AM

Good point.

PunkinDrublic
08-16-2011, 09:58 AM

I don't consider him a republican.

Jaric
08-16-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't consider him a republican.

Jaric does NOT like this post (but he sadly agrees with you)

patteeu
08-16-2011, 10:36 AM
It hurts him because he appears to be a hypocrite on this claim.

What he shouldn't have done is take stimulus funds the same day he railed against them. That's hypocrisy. That can only be difficult to see if you are being intentionally obtuse.

But like I said, it's just info for the tea partiers who think he's a small government purist.

No, it's not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is when you advocate one thing but do something else. As far as I know, he never said that states should refuse to accept stimulus funds if the ill-advised stimulus was pushed through by democrats at the Federal level. What he did was the same thing people do when they take deductions on their income tax even though they don't agree that they should exist or when they pay taxes at Bush tax cut rates when they opposed the tax cuts in the first place.

I won't say you're being obtuse for not recognizing this, but I'm used to a higher degree of discernment from you.

LOCOChief
08-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Are there more Hispanic descendants in TX now than white people?

Could be, but I don't know the answer to this. do you?

Not completely sure why you asked this question.

FishingRod
08-16-2011, 12:03 PM
It will be spun as hypocrisy and seen as such by a great many. Frankly that was my initial reaction before giving it a little thought. If he has any smarts he will say I thought it was an ill-advised use of tax monies that was pushed through despite his objection but, my constituents will, like everyone else, be on the hook to the Federal Government to help pay these dollars back. To not utilize them for the State would have been political grandstanding at the expense of the citizens of Texas. They are going to have to pay for it we might as well do everything we can to recoup as much of that expense as possible.

NaptownChief
08-16-2011, 12:07 PM
It will be spun as hypocrisy and seen as such by a great many. Frankly that was my initial reaction before giving it a little thought. If he has any smarts he will say I thought it was an ill-advised use of tax monies that was pushed through despite his objection but, my constituents will, like everyone else, be on the hook to the Federal Government to help pay these dollars back. To not utilize them for the State would have been political grandstanding at the expense of the citizens of Texas. They are going to have to pay for it we might as well do everything we can to recoup as much of that expense as possible.

Couldn't agree more and was probably spot on to his thoughts.

Jenson71
08-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Could be, but I don't know the answer to this. do you?

Not completely sure why you asked this question.

Just curiosity. I have no idea. I would guess not yet, but I'm unsure.

banyon
08-16-2011, 01:12 PM
No, it's not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is when you advocate one thing but do something else. As far as I know, he never said that states should refuse to accept stimulus funds if the ill-advised stimulus was pushed through by democrats at the Federal level. What he did was the same thing people do when they take deductions on their income tax even though they don't agree that they should exist or when they pay taxes at Bush tax cut rates when they opposed the tax cuts in the first place.

I won't say you're being obtuse for not recognizing this, but I'm used to a higher degree of discernment from you.

That's some spin all right.

Reminds me of the Ron Paul earmarks spin.

Hey, robbing this bank is wrong, but as long as you're taking the money, give me some too!

banyon
08-16-2011, 01:27 PM
To me this is an idiotic argument.

The stimulus money is being paid for by taxpayers. Taxpayers from all 50 states. A state can't opt out of paying for stimulus dollars that are going to be spent.

Why can't they? Most of the stimulus, (The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) was in the form of grants and loans that had to be applied for.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ5/pdf/PLAW-111publ5.pdf

Presumably, Texas could simply not have applied for the grants and loans, right?

This is what Scott Walker in Wisconsin argued for back in 2009:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123578396175298389.html

patteeu
08-16-2011, 02:15 PM
That's some spin all right.

Reminds me of the Ron Paul earmarks spin.

Hey, robbing this bank is wrong, but as long as you're taking the money, give me some too!

I don't think Ron Paul's earmark position is hypocritical either, but this is an even stronger argument than that one. In this case Rick Perry doesn't even have a vote on what the federal government does.

mlyonsd
08-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Why can't they? Most of the stimulus, (The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) was in the form of grants and loans that had to be applied for.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ5/pdf/PLAW-111publ5.pdf

Presumably, Texas could simply not have applied for the grants and loans, right?

This is what Scott Walker in Wisconsin argued for back in 2009:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123578396175298389.html
I think we have our wires crossed.

I'm saying the stimulus is going to be paid for in part, by Texans, in the form of income taxes and they have absolutely no say in the matter. They can't opt out of paying for the stimulus.

Because of that a Governor, any Governor, whether he would have voted for the stimulus or not has an obligation to recover as much of that stimulus money his constituents will be on the line for.

Being against the stimulus and soliciting funds from it isn't hypocritical at all.

go bowe
08-16-2011, 02:41 PM

I'm saying the stimulus is going to be paid for in part, by Texans, in the form of income taxes and they have absolutely no say in the matter. They can't opt out of paying for the stimulus.

Because of that a Governor, any Governor, whether he would have voted for the stimulus or not has an obligation to recover as much of that stimulus money his constituents will be on the line for.

Being against the stimulus and soliciting funds from it isn't hypocritical at all.

i don't know about hypocritical, but some people may see a certain degree of inconsistency between his word and deed, whether it exists or not...

mlyonsd
08-16-2011, 02:47 PM
i don't know about hypocritical, but some people may see a certain degree of inconsistency between his word and deed, whether it exists or not...

If you hated cops and were robbed would you want the police to try and get your money back or just say forget it, let them keep it.

go bowe
08-16-2011, 02:49 PM
If you hated cops and were robbed would you want the police to try and get your money back or just say forget it, let them keep it.

depends on how much got stolen, i guess... :p :p :p

mlyonsd
08-16-2011, 02:51 PM
depends on how much got stolen, i guess... :p :p :p:banghead: Like talking to a post. ;)

go bowe
08-16-2011, 02:52 PM

that question contains a characterization disguised as an assumption...

i don't see paying taxes as being robbed...

go bowe
08-16-2011, 02:53 PM
:banghead: Like talking to a post. ;)

i'm the cutest post you'll ever see, so there...

Chocolate Hog
08-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Perry/Gore 2012

go bowe
08-16-2011, 02:55 PM
and billay enters the room...

patteeu
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Perry/Gore 2012

When Perry supported Gore, both of them were completely different people. Perry was a democrat and Gore wasn't a fruitloop. It's been over 20 years since then. When I form my opinion of Perry, I think I'll give more weight to his more recent history.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-16-2011, 03:39 PM

Perry has savaged himself by his actions, personal responsibility is unimportant though.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Perry/Gore 2012

:)

BucEyedPea
08-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Well this is a plus for Perry in my book. Karl Rove and the Bushies don't like Perry either. Particularly when he calls Bernanke treasonous for his QE.

A comment like this won't hurt Perry with the grass roots voter but it will the Establishment. So I like that unless it's just to appease Tea Party voters.

Bushies slam Rick Perry's Ben Bernanke comment (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61486.html)

BigChiefFan
08-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Perry/Gore 2012
:D

Perry actually was a Gore supporter, so much that he worked for him. More of the same...

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2011/aug/15/ron-paul/ron-paul-says-rick-perry-was-al-gores-campaign-cha/

KILLER_CLOWN
08-16-2011, 03:47 PM
So I like that unless it's just to appease Tea Party voters.

Bushies slam Rick Perry's Ben Bernanke comment (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61486.html)

therein lies the rub.

patteeu
08-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Well this is a plus for Perry in my book. Karl Rove and the Bushies don't like Perry either. Particularly when he calls Bernanke treasonous for his QE.

A comment like this won't hurt Perry with the grass roots voter but it will the Establishment. So I like that unless it's just to appease Tea Party voters.

The guy Perry reminds me of at first glance is, unfortunately, Bill Clinton.

BigChiefFan
08-16-2011, 03:59 PM
therein lies the rub.I think it's just a con game. He wants to separate himself from the "Insiders", all for votes. Once he gets in, he'll fall in line and push the agenda ahead.

FishingRod
08-16-2011, 04:04 PM
The guy Perry reminds me of at first glance is, unfortunately, Bill Clinton.

Well for all of his faults Bill was a pretty sharp guy that could see the fights he knew he couldn’t win and didn’t waste time fighting them. I disagreed with much of his views but would rate him above both W and W-2 from a pragmatic and political intelligence stand point.

patteeu
08-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Well for all of his faults Bill was a pretty sharp guy that could see the fights he knew he couldn’t win and didn’t waste time fighting them. I disagreed with much of his views but would rate him above both W and W-2 from a pragmatic and political intelligence stand point.

To be honest, I don't think we really need someone whose strong point is political intelligence. We could use a salesman though and I think both Bill Clinton and Rick Perry are salesmen. It's just a matter of whether or not the product they choose to sell is good for the country or bad for it.

banyon
08-16-2011, 04:23 PM

I disagree because there's such a thing as leading by example.

It would be like arguing against using lobbyist donations as a policy platform (like obama) and then saying "well this money is all out there though, someone has to take it I guess."

Two wrongs don't make a right.

banyon
08-16-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't think Ron Paul's earmark position is hypocritical either, but this is an even stronger argument than that one. In this case Rick Perry doesn't even have a vote on what the federal government does.

But he does have a vote on which grants he can accept or apply for.

patteeu
08-16-2011, 04:54 PM
But he does have a vote on which grants he can accept or apply for.

mlyonsd has already adequately covered this territory. I wouldn't have a problem with a governor who rejected stimulus money to make a statement (if he thought the people of his state would support that statement), but I don't think that's a morally superior position to take compared to Perry's, which I find to be completely justified.

mlyonsd
08-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I disagree because there's such a thing as leading by example.

It would be like arguing against using lobbyist donations as a policy platform (like obama) and then saying "well this money is all out there though, someone has to take it I guess."

Two wrongs don't make a right.

We aren't going to agree.

A hypocrite would be a congressman that publicly calls for defense cut spending but fights to keep all military bases in his state open.

Now take Texas and the stimulus. Perry had no vote in determining whether or not the $862 billion stimulus was written into law. But once it was and the taxpayers from his state are going to be billed for say $50 billion or whatever he is not hypocritical for trying to retain their money. In fact I'd say he's almost morally obligated to retain it.

I'd even take it one step further. If a Texas Senator voted against the stimulus he too has a moral obligation to recover as much Texas taxpayer money as he can.

orange
08-16-2011, 07:30 PM
I'd even take it one step further. If a Texas Senator voted against the stimulus he too has a moral obligation to recover as much Texas taxpayer money as he can.

No, if it is in fact JOB-KILLING STIMULUS MONEY, he has a moral obligation to refuse it absolutely.

The fact that he accepted proves HE KNOWS it creates jobs. And so does Paul. And so does Bachmann. And every other right-wing windbag who rails against it.

And so do you.

dirk digler
08-16-2011, 07:57 PM
For someone who hates Washington he sure depended on it. Not only did he flip flop on the stimulus he also did in regard to unemployment benefits. In fact he had to come crawling on his hands and knees begging for a loan from Obama.

Perry Originally Rejected Stimulus Money For Expanded Unemployment Insurance. The Houston Chronicle reported: From the center of a Houston hardware store, Gov. Rick Perry ignited a debate about Texas job cuts, business taxes and President Barack Obama's so-called economic stimulus program Thursday by rejecting the federal government's offer of $555 million in aid to the unemployed.
[...]
Perry said the money would come with too many strings attached. Taking the half billion would require the state to assist qualified out-of-work residents seeking part-time jobs, an idea that Perry said the state has rejected before, partly because it could discourage them from seeking full-time employment.

The federal money injection would also make Texas extend benefits to more low-paid workers, and Perry said the overall expansion would force business to make higher unemployment insurance payments. [Houston Chronicle, 3/12/09 (http://mediamatters.org/rd?to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chron.com%2Fdisp%2Fstory.mpl%2Ffront%2F6307951.html)]

But Months Later, Perry Requested A Federal Loan To Fund Unemployment Insurance.

Texas is now asking the federal government for a $170 million loan so that benefits keep getting paid.

Texas has asked for this loan only one other time, in 2003. This year however, the decision is getting extra attention after Governor Rick Perry rejected federal stimulus money that would have replenished the fund. Perry said the stimulus would have expanded eligibility and cost more to business owners in the long run. Many are now questioning that decision.

"That $555 million would that would have come with the stimulus money wouldn't have to be paid back to the federal government and that would have saved business taxpayers money for the next 20 years," said Rep. Mark Strama, D-Austin.

Despite the loan, Gov. Perry defended his decision to those who questioned it.

"They are shortsighted and probably criticizing for a political reason rather than a legitimate financial reason," Gov. Perry said.

Financial reasons highlight the fact that this loan would be one of many.

"We are expecting to need to borrow about $650 million from the federal government through October 1st, to pay for unemployment benefits", Hatchitt said.

http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_stories/246375/texas-asks-for-federal-help-after-rejected-stimulus-money

mlyonsd
08-16-2011, 08:08 PM
No, if it is in fact JOB-KILLING STIMULUS MONEY, he has a moral obligation to refuse it absolutely.

Nope. If I'm a Texan knowing my taxes were going

The fact that he accepted proves HE KNOWS it creates jobs. And so does Paul. And so does Bachmann. And every other right-wing windbag who rails against it.

And so do you.What kinds of jobs? How many jobs that will remain after the money has run out? Do we print a trillion dollars every year and hand it out to create more jobs? If it was such a success and the answer to turning around the economy I'd think Americans would be clamoring for that every year. How much did each job cost?

It would be idiotic for me to suggest no jobs were created. Just as idiotic for you to argue you couldn't burn a trillion $1 bills of printed money in burn barrels to help heat the homeless during the winter.

mlyonsd
08-16-2011, 08:10 PM
For someone who hates Washington he sure depended on it. Not only did he flip flop on the stimulus he also did in regard to unemployment benefits. In fact he had to come crawling on his hands and knees begging for a loan from Obama.You don't see a difference between stimulus money and asking for a loan?

Brock
08-16-2011, 08:11 PM
It's amazing the mental and ethical contortions people will put themselves through to defend a fucking politician.

mlyonsd
08-16-2011, 08:13 PM
It's amazing the mental and ethical contortions people will put themselves through to defend a ****ing politician.Are you talking to me?

HonestChieffan
08-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Nope. If I'm a Texan knowing my taxes were going

What kinds of jobs? How many jobs that will remain after the money has run out? Do we print a trillion dollars every year and hand it out to create more jobs? If it was such a success and the answer to turning around the economy I'd think Americans would be clamoring for that every year. How much did each job cost?

It would be idiotic for me to suggest no jobs were created. Just as idiotic for you to argue you couldn't burn a trillion $1 bills of printed money in burn barrels to help heat the homeless during the winter.

Nice.

dirk digler
08-16-2011, 08:20 PM
You don't see a difference between stimulus money and asking for a loan?

Of course but if he was such a good governor who hates the feds why does he need them so bad?

Same with Bachmann, she wrote a letter to get stimulus funds to build light rail into the Twin Cities LMAO

patteeu
08-16-2011, 09:15 PM
For someone who hates Washington he sure depended on it. Not only did he flip flop on the stimulus he also did in regard to unemployment benefits. In fact he had to come crawling on his hands and knees begging for a loan from Obama.

No one cares what you think, dirk. You've used up all your credibility as head cheerleader for our current failure-in-chief.

patteeu
08-16-2011, 09:16 PM

And so do you.

You're right. We also all know that heroin chases the blues away.

dirk digler
08-16-2011, 09:32 PM
No one cares what you think, dirk. You've used up all your credibility as head cheerleader for our current failure-in-chief.

You obviously cared enough to respond.

BucEyedPea
08-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Of course but if he was such a good governor who hates the feds why does he need them so bad?

Same with Bachmann, she wrote a letter to get stimulus funds to build light rail into the Twin Cities LMAO

I saw this on Huffo Post. I didn't know you read that. Once stimulus money is approved I have not issue with a fiscal conservative trying to get those funds used in their area. I just want to know if she approved of the spending first. So there's more than meets the eye here. Bachmann, however, is not one for repealing Medicaid, Medicare or SS either. So she's not really extreme there.

patteeu
08-16-2011, 11:30 PM
You obviously cared enough to respond.

I care about you, dirk, not what you think about Republican candidates.