PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why do so many people want to see Tebow fail?

Al Bundy
08-15-2011, 09:27 PM
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article1186105.ece

Why do so many seem to want Tim Tebow to fail?
By Gary Shelton, Times Sports Columnist
In Print: Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Getty Images]
The “I Hate Tim Tebow” Facebook group has 3,458 members, and criticism is mounting from analysts and others as the second-year Bronco tries to win the starting job.

It isn't the criticism that baffles me. It's the glee.

It isn't the doubt that bothers me. It's the scorn.

It isn't the notion that Tim Tebow's NFL career might turn out to be on the wrong side of ordinary that surprises me. It's the venom.

More and more, as Tebow shows less and less chance of becoming Denver's starting quarterback, the comments surrounding him have become vicious. There are claws on the Internet, and there are teeth on the Twitter comments, and on Facebook, there is a bloodlust.

It no longer seems as if onlookers expect Tebow to fail; it's that they seem to want it to happen. There is a frenzy here, a look-at-me, I-told-you-first, pile on.

And here's the question:

Why?

Don't get me wrong. I'm in the business of criticism myself, and over the years, I have raised an eyebrow so often, I fear that one side of my face looks taller than the other. I get it. Wobbly passes are wobbly passes, no matter whether the shoulder that is throwing them has been knighted or not. Being a good guy doesn't forgive a bad pass.

Still, you get the feeling some people cheer every Tebow incompletion. You get the impression that when Tebow brushes his teeth, some people are pulling for his gums to bleed. It is almost as if, on his way to Sunday school, Tebow keyed the critics' car.

Merril Hoge, the normally reasoned, respected analyst for ESPN, made national news recently by suggesting on Twitter that it is "embarrassing" to think of the Broncos winning with Tebow. A reporter on CBS Sportsline has already declared Tebow to be a bust. And on Facebook, the "I Hate Tim Tebow" group is already up to 3,458 members.

As for me, I don't understand the tenor of the debate.

Not only that, I don't understand the debate at all.

For crying out loud, why is anyone outside of Denver talking about Tebow at all? He's a 24-year-old backup to a bad starter on a bad football team. He has started all of three games in the NFL, and he has thrown as many incomplete passes as completed ones. He hasn't been good enough to be a success, and he hasn't been bad enough to be a failure. Why even bring up his name?

Expectations? No, that isn't it. If you listened to the scouts, there weren't any expectations of Tebow. He was taken with the 25th pick, and most analysts were surprised he went that high.

Given that draft position, how good should Tebow be?

Except for Aaron Rodgers, who was picked 24th by Green Bay, most of the quarterbacks who have gone 20th or later in the first round haven't amounted to much. Over the past 20 NFL drafts, eight other quarterbacks were taken in that range. The names: Jason Campbell, by Washington; J.P. Losman, by Buffalo; Rex Grossman, by Chicago; Patrick Ramsey, by Washington; Jim Druckenmiller, by the 49ers; Tommy Maddox, by Denver; Todd Marinovich, by the Raiders; Tebow, by Denver.

Two questions:

First, do you see any John Elways in that group?

Two, do you remember any of those guys turning the Internet into a screaming match?

No, you don't. There isn't a star in the bunch, and there certainly isn't the same volume surrounding their second seasons. Most of those came and went quietly, except for Grossman, and people only got loud in his name after he thoroughly proved he wasn't the answer for the Bears.

In other words, you can make a case that the understudy role is exactly where Tebow should be. Especially when you consider that the coach who believed in him has been chased off the premises, and that the offseason was a waste, and that the offensive system has changed.

In Denver, people seem to see it differently. A local poll said 92 percent wanted Denver starter Kyle Orton traded in the offseason. If you are asking why Tebow is unreasonably criticized, there are those who suggest it is because he is unreasonably praised.

For some reason, however, there always has been a backlash to Tebow. The world seems divided between those who want to declare him a bust and those who want to carve one for him, between those who can see his virtues and those who will not see past his shortcomings. As they say, it is a small patch of land that lies between two groups of zealots.

It's odd. There is so much of Tebow that fits what we say we want in a role model. He's humble, charitable, hard-working, scandal-free. With Tebow, however, all of that seems to drive people batty. For instance, Tebow isn't the first religious player in the history of the league, but has there ever been anyone who could turn a football discussion into a Holy War so quickly?

Was Tebow hyped in college? Yes, he was. But I covered him off-and-on for four seasons, and he never once chased me down and asked me to write about him.

That never matters, however. With Tebow, the conversation gets louder all the time. About his virtues and his flaws, about his past and his future, about his intangibles and his inconsistency.

At the core of it, you have a young player who is trying to get better. Nothing else.

If he does, or if he does not, the conversation will continue. Bet on loud.

CrazyPhuD
08-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Who's Tim Tebow?

Rain Man
08-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Two words. Bron and co.

DaFace
08-15-2011, 09:35 PM
98% of my hate is purely because I want to see the Broncos fail. The remaining 2% of my hate is probably because it's funny watching people who act like they're better than everyone else fail.

Hound333
08-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Like the others said. Because he's on the Bronco's. If he was on a different team *shrug* wouldn't care either way.

MIAdragon
08-15-2011, 09:36 PM
He's religious, crushed people in College and went to a FL school.

jspchief
08-15-2011, 09:37 PM
1. Over saturation. The media's love affair with him in college was sickening

2. Outspoken about his christianity. It rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Personally, I thought he was very entertaining to watch in college. One of the greatest college football players of my time, IMO. But in sports, too good tends to foster dislike/hate.

Demonpenz
08-15-2011, 09:38 PM
he's like superman with an annoying throwing motion.

keg in kc
Oversaturation. People outside of Florida got sick of hearing his name every 3 seconds.

Count Alex's Wins
He charges $160 for his autograph.

Fuck that guy.

Al Bundy
08-15-2011, 09:40 PM
I hate him because there were about 5000 Buc fans that wanted us to trade Josh Freeman and draft Tim fucking tebow.

cabletech94
08-15-2011, 09:40 PM

**** that guy.

whaaaaaaat?!

HotRoute
08-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Because he seems like a gigantic douche. And he's a donk

Bambi
08-15-2011, 09:44 PM
His ad for Focus on the Family did it for me.

loochy
08-15-2011, 09:44 PM
1. Over saturation. The media's love affair with him in college was sickening

Oversaturation. People outside of Florida got sick of hearing his name every 3 seconds.

These are my reasons.

excessive
08-15-2011, 09:45 PM
d. all of the above

DTLB58
08-15-2011, 09:45 PM
1. Bronco- Division Rivial

2. Outspoken about his christianity-Not just him, but any athlete that the first words that come out of their mouth after a sporting event are about jesus and they were just asked a question that had nothing to do with that gets the mute button from me. And he just seem to do it SO much more than any other athlete I have ever heard/seen. Imo it was sickening.

Count Alex's Wins
08-15-2011, 09:46 PM
He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. (Mathew 27:21-23)

Mr. Laz
08-15-2011, 09:46 PM
media hype
over saturation
Florida
smug as fuck
preachy
Donk

list as long my arm with reasons why people will laugh if he fails

Count Alex's Wins
08-15-2011, 09:47 PM
whaaaaaaat?!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/03/tim-tebows-autograph-can-be-yours--for-160/1

Phobia
08-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Other than him being a Donk and coming from a Florida school, I don't hate him. I don't feel strongly about him any which way. I get the hate though. I don't blame people who hate him. He's done some things that aren't very popular.

Mr. Laz
08-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Other than him being a Donk and coming from a Florida school, I don't hate him. I don't feel strongly about him any which way. I get the hate though. I don't blame people who hate him. He's done some things that aren't very popular.
i don't hate him, i don't know him

you can bet your ass that i'll chuckle if he falls flat on his "i will try harder then anyone every has" face though.

Stinger
08-15-2011, 09:53 PM
If he was on any other team, other than an AFC West team, I would not care. But he is not so.... That and the Donx took him in the 1st round so it would be nice to rub it in on a few friends.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/os72pv.gif

Pitt Gorilla
08-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Um, he's a Bronco. QED

Pablo
08-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Only douchebags root for Tim Tebow to succeed.

Show me an active Tebow "fan" and I'll show you a total douche. Without fail. Every time.

Bewbies
08-15-2011, 09:57 PM
If we had drafted him I'd love him.

But we didn't, and the Broncos did, so I hate him.

Bewbies
08-15-2011, 09:58 PM
A lot of people hate him because they got sick of him beating their teams ass, and watching the media talk about how awesome he was.

ReynardMuldrake
08-15-2011, 10:01 PM
media hype
over saturation
Florida
smug as fuck
preachy
Donk

list as long my arm with reasons why people will laugh if he fails

This. I root for these overhyped media creation types to fail. Plus, he's a Bronco.

ChiefBelief
08-15-2011, 10:02 PM
youtube.com/watch?v

Most people want to see tim tebow fail because they are jealous and they dont think he deserves the spot hes in. I think hes could be a solid starter for a team only thing i question is his ability to do it consistently and down the stretch and get to the playoffs, i do think hes given enough proof he deserves to be the starting Qb going into a training came from what ive seen from him.

Count Alex's Wins
08-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Auto-biography at 22? Uber-douche.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K8HODJv-L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Phobia
08-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Only douchebags root for Tim Tebow to succeed.

Show me an active Tebow "fan" and I'll show you a total douche. Without fail. Every time.

That's crap.

ChiefBelief
08-15-2011, 10:04 PM
=youtube.com/watch?v=_ZUlfS20h9M

lol that is pretty embarrassing even though i think tebow is gonna be good,

Pablo
08-15-2011, 10:06 PM
That's crap.Sure, you're entitled to your own opinion on the matter.

ReynardMuldrake
08-15-2011, 10:06 PM
=youtube.com/watch?v=_ZUlfS20h9M

lol that is pretty embarrassing even though i think tebow is gonna be good,

What the fuck does that video have to do with the thread?

KC Tattoo
08-15-2011, 10:07 PM
donkeys

Phobia
08-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Sure, you're entitled to your own opinion on the matter.

You're overgeneralizing. It's like saying only dicks like Chad Johnson. Chad Johnson is an acquired taste.

Tebow is an accomplished athlete. He's won a lot of personal accolades.

I could say that only miserable people hate Tebow. I'd be wrong but it would seem correct on the surface.

BigMeatballDave
08-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Because he's a fucking Denver Bronco. Duh.

kysirsoze
08-15-2011, 10:38 PM
If he wasn't a Bronco, I'd pull for him. I'd doubt the fuck out of him, but I'd pull for him.

kysirsoze
08-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Also, I've said it in other threads, but I don't get the hating on him for the religious stuff. Heaven forbid a celebrity has religious faith. I haven't heard him condemn other faiths so who fucking cares?

I will admit he seems like a dork, but that's not really enough to inspire true loathing.

Fruit Ninja
08-15-2011, 10:42 PM
only answer i have to give is.... "Im a Chiefs fan"

Thats my reason.

Ace Gunner
08-15-2011, 11:03 PM
because he wants to tell me how to live my life. because his cartel of fear mongering yuppie squads are responsible for america's thousand points of mass failure. because he and rick perry hold hands and tell people a new day is coming, but it won't with these christian assholes in powerful positions. because on september 11th all cameras in Cowboys Stadium will be on a back up QB.

thurman merman
08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Also, I've said it in other threads, but I don't get the hating on him for the religious stuff. Heaven forbid a celebrity has religious faith. I haven't heard him condemn other faiths so who ****ing cares?

I will admit he seems like a dork, but that's not really enough to inspire true loathing.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Thousands and thousands of athletes have publicly proclaimed faith of some kind or another. I don't understand why everyone singles Tebow out, calls him Jesus, mocks his beliefs, etc.

I do, however, hate him because he is on the Broncos and he is on Sportscenter waaaaay too much for a backup QB.

Okie_Apparition
08-15-2011, 11:10 PM
In less than 16 months in the league. Tebow talk has already replaced the annual Favre retirement speculation. As change the channel as fast as possible annoying

KC Tattoo
08-15-2011, 11:12 PM
I will hate him more if he brings them LUCK!

Phobia
08-15-2011, 11:12 PM
because he wants to tell me how to live my life.

Don't think so. I mean, I don't follow his every word but I don't think he'd ever done what you're ascribing to him.

SNR
08-15-2011, 11:20 PM
A few reason why I hated Tebow before he even got drafted by the Donks. It's gotten even worse since then.

1. Hyped in college about his potential pro career. In the Sanchez/Stafford draft, people were bitching about the quality of draftable QBs. Tebow's name would come up as a guy who would be in a "much better class the following year." Fuck that.

2. People hate Lebron for being overconfident and arrogant? Tebow does the same fucking thing. In fact, I LIKE Lebron James. Tebow can go fuck a cactus, though.

3. I don't care about his preachy religious views, but I do hate his "better-than-you" complex that stems from his religious background.

4. And this is the #1 reason why I hated Tebow:

Fuck you you pussy faggot. Go suck on your mom's labia and get AIDS, douchefart. Crying in sports?

Fuck, and then the media started on the- "But he just wanted to win so bad. He cares about winning that much. That makes him a great guy to have on your team." No, it means he's a crybaby. Plain and simple.

I've posted this before, but go suffer a childhood like Tamba Hali and THEN you are allowed to cry after losing the national championship game. But something tells me most people, even Tebow, wouldn't feel like crying much after that.

thurman merman
08-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Don't think so. I mean, I don't follow his every word but I don't think he'd ever done what you're ascribing to him.

I agree. People are completely overreacting. Is Terrell Owens telling you how to live your life because he tells you to get your popcorn out? Is Peyton Manning telling you how to live your life because he is on an Oreo commercial? Calm down, sallies.

Bambi
08-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I don't get it either. Thousands and thousands of athletes have publicly proclaimed faith of some kind or another. I don't understand why everyone singles Tebow out, calls him Jesus, mocks his beliefs, etc.

I do, however, hate him because he is on the Broncos and he is on Sportscenter waaaaay too much for a backup QB.

From my angle it's because most time athletes that proclaim their faith are doing it in a general supportive way for them and their teammates.

Tim Tebow actively campaigns for groups that are anti-abortion, against LGBT rights, support school prayer, and same sex marriage.

If he is going to hate people through his faith then he should expect to have the same given back to him.

Count Alex's Wins
08-15-2011, 11:29 PM
F
Tim Tebow actively campaigns for groups that are anti-abortion, against LGBT rights, support school prayer, and same sex marriage.

Tim Tebow hates homos?

This changes everything!

thurman merman
08-15-2011, 11:29 PM
From my angle it's because most time athletes that proclaim their faith are doing it in a general supportive way for them and their teammates.

If he is going to hate people through his faith then he should expect to have the same given back to him.

So? How does being anti-abortion or pro-school prayer mean you hate people? Basically you're saying you hate him because he's not a fan of gay folks?

chiefzilla1501
08-15-2011, 11:50 PM
A few reason why I hated Tebow before he even got drafted by the Donks. It's gotten even worse since then.

1. Hyped in college about his potential pro career. In the Sanchez/Stafford draft, people were bitching about the quality of draftable QBs. Tebow's name would come up as a guy who would be in a "much better class the following year." **** that.

2. People hate Lebron for being overconfident and arrogant? Tebow does the same ****ing thing. In fact, I LIKE Lebron James. Tebow can go **** a cactus, though.

3. I don't care about his preachy religious views, but I do hate his "better-than-you" complex that stems from his religious background.

4. And this is the #1 reason why I hated Tebow:

**** you you pussy pillowbitergot. Go suck on your mom's labia and get AIDS, douchefart. Crying in sports?

****, and then the media started on the- "But he just wanted to win so bad. He cares about winning that much. That makes him a great guy to have on your team." No, it means he's a crybaby. Plain and simple.

I've posted this before, but go suffer a childhood like Tamba Hali and THEN you are allowed to cry after losing the national championship game. But something tells me most people, even Tebow, wouldn't feel like crying much after that.

As a Lebron hater and not a fan of Tebow, those two are hated for completely different reasons.

aturnis
08-15-2011, 11:55 PM
For me, it's the God stuff. Fuck off. He's annoying as fuck, like the Bono of pro football. I don't need to hear your religious views. They have not place in sports, just like they have no place in music. Shut up already Bono...

Bambi
08-15-2011, 11:57 PM
So? How does being anti-abortion or pro-school prayer mean you hate people? Basically you're saying you hate him because he's not a fan of gay folks?

This is such a common technique you've just given..

The whole "you're just not a fan of gay" thing is tired.

Denying rights is a form of hate.

Karma is a bitch and Tim Tebow is surrounded by a shit ton of it.

listopencil
08-15-2011, 11:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

thurman merman
08-16-2011, 12:01 AM
This is such a common technique you've just given..

The whole "you're just not a fan of gay" thing is tired.

Denying rights is a form of hate.

Karma is a bitch and Tim Tebow is surrounded by a shit ton of it.

You still haven't answered how anti-abortion and pro-school prayer are forms of hate?

Bambi
08-16-2011, 12:07 AM
You still haven't answered how anti-abortion and pro-school prayer are forms of hate?

Eh, defend Tebow all you want.

But if you really have to question why you public figures receive a backlash when they support those two divisive issues then you haven't been following this country for the last 40 years.

Your religion will not take away from my mother, sister, or wife's right to have an abortion.

Your religion will not be imposed on my children in a school environment that I help pay for.

But no one cares what you and I think. The question is asked in this thread "Why do so many people want to see Tebow fail?" The answer is clear in my eyes. Not sure what you're still missing.

thurman merman
08-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Eh, defend Tebow all you want.

But if you really have to question why you public figures receive a backlash when they support those two divisive issues then you haven't been following this country for the last 40 years.

Your religion will not take away from my mother, sister, or wife's right to have an abortion.

Your religion will not be imposed on my children in a school environment that I help pay for.

But no one cares what you and I think. The question is asked in this thread "Why do so many people want to see Tebow fail?" The answer is clear in my eyes. Not sure what you're still missing.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I just don't understand why you use the word "hate." Do you know that disagreement and hate are two different things?

listopencil
08-16-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I just don't understand why you use the word "hate." Do you know that disagree and hate are two different things?

Denying human rights is a way of denying the humanity of your fellow man. That is an expression of hatred.

listopencil
08-16-2011, 12:16 AM
As much as I dislike being on the same side of any issue with Neggedrepson, I agree with him on this.

thurman merman
08-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Denying human rights is a way of denying the humanity of your fellow man. That is an expression of hatred.

So if I say I don't like abortion, that means I hate every single woman who has an abortion?

listopencil
08-16-2011, 12:17 AM
So if I say I don't like abortion, that means I hate every single woman who has an abortion?

Did I say that, or did I say that denial of human rights is a denial of humanity?

thurman merman
08-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Did I say that, or did I say that denial of human rights is a denial of humanity?

You said that denying rights is hatred. I don't see how Tebow (or anybody else) stating their opinion on something represents hatred. He is not denying anybody's rights. He is not the law. He is just a guy with an opinion, just like you and me.

You guys really sound like pansies whining about how people hate you because they disagree with you. Do we need to revisit Nazi Germany or KKK lynchings to remember what hatred is? Verbally saying you are against something is not denial of rights, nor is it hatred. It's called opinion.

MagicHef
08-16-2011, 12:29 AM

What does the term "human rights" cover?

SNR
08-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Is wishing failure on Tim Tebow a form of denying rights? Because if it is, then just call me Himmler!

ChiefsCountry
08-16-2011, 12:54 AM
I hope he fails just bc he is Denver's QB.

Phobia
08-16-2011, 01:03 AM
What does the term "human rights" cover?

I don't know but you'd think human rights would also cover the rights of unborn humans. I'm positively anti-abortion and that doesn't really have anything to do with Christianity. I've always been anti-abortion. I haven't always been a Christian.

In terms of gay and lesbian rights, I'm probably a lot more tolerant than other Christians. I don't have any problem with them forming a union or even marriage. Doesn't bother me at all. I don't understand why being against that has anything to do with hatred though.

veist
08-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Auto-biography at 22? Uber-douche.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K8HODJv-L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

YUP, this was the one that put me from the "meh, Tebow probably isn't an NFL QB" to "hahah, I hope that pompous douche fails."

D-Train6906
08-16-2011, 01:16 AM
I can't hate on TT too much. I was at the 2010 Sugar Bowl and he played like an absolute beast.

CrazyPhuD
08-16-2011, 01:40 AM
In terms of gay and lesbian rights, I'm probably a lot more tolerant than other Christians. I don't have any problem with them forming a union or even marriage. Doesn't bother me at all. I don't understand why being against that has anything to do with hatred though.

I think ultimately the question is you are denying a minority something that the majority is entitled to. It's really not that dissimilar from the old interracial marriage laws. Up until not to long ago it used to be illegal to marry outside your race, is it really that different to the discrimination that existed against african americans? Certain people don't like who they are and they don't want them to marry because it will 'taint' the institution of marriage. Much like many of those same people didn't want people to marry outside of the white race because it would taint the purity of said race.

Frankly I personally don't see it as a gay or straight issue, I look at is simply as, what right does the government have to decide who you can and cannot marry once you are of age to consent. The equal rights is somewhat of a side issue to me, government should have never had the right to decide who you married or not. In short if they can take away one groups right to marry, they can take away any groups.

kysirsoze
08-16-2011, 01:58 AM

I wasn't aware that he was against gay rights. If that's the case I would probably have to retract my hypothetical "if he weren't a Bronco" support. The rest of those issues aren't a matter of hatred to me, but that one is pretty clear. Doing it with good intentions (if there are any) doesn't make it much better.

Oh, and TO DC /obligatory

kysirsoze
08-16-2011, 01:59 AM
YUP, this was the one that put me from the "meh, Tebow probably isn't an NFL QB" to "hahah, I hope that pompous douche fails."

eh. If he isn't going to be a successful NFL QB, he may as well cash in while people still give a shit.

Hog Farmer
08-16-2011, 04:51 AM
I hate him because he bogarts the boar cum every time we get together.

Guru
08-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Why? Because.

ThatRaceCardGuy
08-16-2011, 05:52 AM
This thread sucks...fuck Tebow.

blaise
08-16-2011, 06:51 AM

I'm pretty sure Tebow would say the unborn child is a human whose rights are being denied.

Blankey
08-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Because I hate religious zealots

Holladay
08-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Big, Athletic, Christian, Handsome, Millionaire, White Dude.

Verse me...

short, bald, fat, blind, deaf, old, poor, Christian White Dude.

Short version = jeolousy

DaKCMan AP
08-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Because he's a Donk. Despite disagreeing with his religious/social views and his desire to preach them to others, he's a very hardworking, motivated guy who is a natural leader. When Denver cuts him and he goes to any team not named Raiders or Chargers, then sure I'd like to see him succeed.

FishingRod
08-16-2011, 07:35 AM
It could be that whenever an athlete praises the lord for helping their career or them and their team win, it kinda says that God Chose me. I am so good with God that he took time out from his busy day to help me win a football game. Really sorry your kid died from Cancer, was run over by a truck, was shot in a drive by… perhaps you should have prayed harder. I assure you there are people that take it exactly that way.

the Talking Can
08-16-2011, 07:40 AM
because of the million times I've heard that Tebow "works harder than anyone...has more desire...wants it more...blah blah blah"

as if he has 1/100000000 of the drive or determination of the best players in the nfl...he's a backup fullback who yells a lot

it's an insult to every player in the league...i jizz every time he gets hit

Earthling
08-16-2011, 07:44 AM

**** that guy.

Damn! No wonder I'm not getting any takers for mine...I'm lowering my price immediately.

King_Chief_Fan
08-16-2011, 07:51 AM
It doesn't make any sense to me why anyone want to see him fail.

Fail as the Denver QB, I get that. Fail as an NFL QB I don't (provided he isn't a Raider or Charger).

I read where some are challenging his beliefs because they are different than theirs. I say so what.

People would be sinigng a different tune if he was a Chief.

Reerun_KC
08-16-2011, 08:02 AM
It doesn't make any sense to me why anyone want to see him fail.

Fail as the Denver QB, I get that. Fail as an NFL QB I don't (provided he isn't a Raider or Charger).

I read where some are challenging his beliefs because they are different than theirs. I say so what.

People would be sinigng a different tune if he was a Chief.

People like GoChiefs already :whackit: to his posters daily anyway...

They obsession by Chiefs fans over this guy is pretty disturbing... Who actually cares about his regardless if he is a Bronco or not... I actually hardly ever hear about him anymore... THEN LOG ON TO CP AND "BOOM: OBSESSION OF TEBOW LIVES STRONG!!!!!

Deberg_1990
08-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Why are so many people obsessed with him? I dont care either way. IM just thankful he didnt get drafted by the Chiefs. There would be a million "Start Tebow over Cassel" threads.

Molitoth
08-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Excellent Article. He nailed my point of view. I don't care about Tim Tebow, but I rarely wish failure on anyone, and I especially don't push hate onto the guy.

Bob Dole
08-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Bob Dole only cares about Tebow because he plays for a division rival.

Otter
08-16-2011, 08:58 AM

Plus...young, good looking, gets far more media attention than he deserves, religious and was taken far too high for talents.

I personally enjoy watching the guy play. My only disdain is that he a donk.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-16-2011, 08:58 AM
:shrug: Because he's an NFL QB with worse mechanics than most Pop Warner QBs. Hard work and his savior haven't helped him much in that aspect.

the Talking Can
08-16-2011, 09:07 AM
fans wish failure on other team's players all the time...it's as old as fandom

hilarious to watch people pretend that it is unique to the Backup Fullback, or better yet 'offensive'...

Reerun_KC
08-16-2011, 09:16 AM
:shrug: Because he's an NFL QB with worse mechanics than most Pop Warner QBs. Hard work and his savior haven't helped him much in that aspect.

Such a weak arguement from people...

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-16-2011, 09:19 AM
He's a 24-year-old backup to a bad starter on a bad football team

From the article for our Bronco homer friend.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-16-2011, 09:23 AM
When someone gets as much attention and draws as much to himself there is going to be backlash. It's been that way since the dawn of time and will always be that way. Why people are shocked by this, I will never understand.

blaise
08-16-2011, 09:24 AM
I don't know why someone thanking God for their life translates into, "God is watching my games with a Tebow jersey on and rooting for me." It just means you're thankful for what you have.
The whole, "I think God has better things to do with his time than watch football," is one of the most overused and tired lines around.

rocknrolla
08-16-2011, 09:47 AM
98% of my hate is purely because I want to see the Broncos fail. The remaining 2% of my hate is probably because it's funny watching people who act like they're better than everyone else fail.

This x1000

DenverDanChiefsFan
08-16-2011, 09:56 AM
youtube.com/watch?v

Most people want to see tim tebow fail because they are jealous and they dont think he deserves the spot hes in. I think hes could be a solid starter for a team only thing i question is his ability to do it consistently and down the stretch and get to the playoffs, i do think hes given enough proof he deserves to be the starting Qb going into a training came from what ive seen from him.
No he hasn't. Most local camp reports have him in 3rd behind the mighty Quin.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

rocknrolla
08-16-2011, 09:57 AM
I will hate him more if he brings them LUCK!

My blood would boil, if that happens! :cuss:

Radar Chief
08-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Bob Dole only cares about Tebow because he plays for a division rival.

Exactly. If he didn’t play for a division rival I wouldn’t even waste the bandwidth to post this response because I just…..don’t…..care.

DaFace
08-16-2011, 10:07 AM
I wasn't aware that he was against gay rights. If that's the case I would probably have to retract my hypothetical "if he weren't a Bronco" support. The rest of those issues aren't a matter of hatred to me, but that one is pretty clear. Doing it with good intentions (if there are any) doesn't make it much better.

I don't THINK I've ever heard him specifically say anything one way or another on the gay rights issue. However, he's a strong supporter of Focus on the Family, which is definitely against gay rights (and a variety of other things I disagree with).

ReynardMuldrake
08-16-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't know why someone thanking God for their life translates into, "God is watching my games with a Tebow jersey on and rooting for me." It just means you're thankful for what you have.
The whole, "I think God has better things to do with his time than watch football," is one of the most overused and tired lines around.

But he's not simply thanking god, he's proselytizing. When I turn on football I want to watch football, not get my weekly bible lesson written on Tim Tebow's face.

NaptownChief
08-16-2011, 10:19 AM
But he's not simply thanking god, he's proselytizing. When I turn on football I want to watch football, not get my weekly bible lesson written on Tim Tebow's face.

I can understand that but wouldn't you prefer a kid be like him rather than getting arrested for running a dog fighting ring, causing bar fights, "making it rain" in strip clubs and the such?

ReynardMuldrake
08-16-2011, 10:24 AM
I can understand that but wouldn't you prefer a kid be like him rather than getting arrested for running a dog fighting ring, causing bar fights, "making it rain" in strip clubs and the such?

Of course you can always find examples of worse players out there. That doesn't make him any more likable IMO.

blaise
08-16-2011, 10:26 AM

Is he? I don't generally pay much attention to post game interviews, but all I ever recall him doing is thanking God.
Does he start talking about abortion or something?
It really bothers someone if a guy has a bible verse number on his eyeblack? Really?

ReynardMuldrake
08-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Is he? I don't generally pay much attention to post game interviews, but all I ever recall him doing is thanking God.
Does he start talking about abortion or something?
It really bothers someone if a guy has a bible verse number on his eyeblack? Really?

I find it obnoxious and distracting. A good player is supposed to make it all about the team. Tebow makes everything about himself.

blaise
08-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I find it obnoxious and distracting. A good player is supposed to make it all about the team. Tebow makes everything about himself.

To each his own. That just seems kind of sensitive to me.

boogblaster
08-16-2011, 10:31 AM
In fairness the media has put him above his abilities .. but he's a Donk .. they deserve him ....

DaFace
08-16-2011, 10:34 AM

That depends on whether they do it in their free time or if they thank their hooker every time they are interviewed.

tooge
08-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't hate him. People I hate, I'd gladly shoot in the face if I knew I could get away with it. I will just love watching him fail because he is a donk QB, and a first round pick. Donk fail= my win

the Talking Can
08-16-2011, 10:42 AM

don't really give a shit, and I'd rather have Vick on my team....

that's pretty much the lie that pisses everyone off, that sports are suddenly about some version of morality now that Tebow the FB is on the scene...

"yeah, he sucks as a QB, but at least he doesn't watch porn on his computer!"

LOCOChief
08-16-2011, 10:43 AM
WWCD!

Valiant
08-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Would not be singing a different tune if he was a chief at the cost of a first rounder.

1. He is a donk
2. Over the top display of religion in sports.
3. He is a donk
4. Slash pt 2
5. Media trying to cram him down our throats when he is not that good at qb.
6. He is a donk

Mainly I want the donko's to fail.
He would of not gotten all the scorn as a 3rd rounder.

Mile High Mania
08-16-2011, 10:49 AM
It all boils down to his college career and squeaky clean image... that's why so many love him and why so many wish failure.

If he were your typical college star with some baggage, then he'd get as much attention as Leinart received when he didn't perform out of the gate. I know a lot of Broncos' fans and most of us don't pay as much attention to all the 'noise' as many in the media or other fans.

If the guy improves, he'll play ... if not, he'll be another first round bust. Demaryius Thomas loves all the attention because few know who the hell he is or that he was picked ahead of Tebow.

Phobia
08-16-2011, 10:53 AM
I hate him because he bogarts the boar cum every time we get together.

I gotta tell ya - this is getting funnier and funnier.

Rooster
08-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Demaryius Thomas loves all the attention because few know who the hell he is or that he was picked ahead of Tebow.

That is something I had never thought of before.

NaptownChief
08-16-2011, 11:31 AM
don't really give a shit, and I'd rather have Vick on my team....

that's pretty much the lie that pisses everyone off, that sports are suddenly about some version of morality now that Tebow the FB is on the scene...

"yeah, he sucks as a QB, but at least he doesn't watch porn on his computer!"

You are talking about performance....at least my understanding of this thread is more about not liking the guy and as a result want to watch him fall on his face.

I would rather have Vick as my QB but if I were wishing ill on anyone I would be wishing it on Vick long, long before I would Tebow.

DenverDanChiefsFan
08-16-2011, 12:08 PM
It all boils down to his college career and squeaky clean image... that's why so many love him and why so many wish failure.

If he were your typical college star with some baggage, then he'd get as much attention as Leinart received when he didn't perform out of the gate. I know a lot of Broncos' fans and most of us don't pay as much attention to all the 'noise' as many in the media or other fans.

If the guy improves, he'll play ... if not, he'll be another first round bust. Demaryius Thomas loves all the attention because few know who the hell he is or that he was picked ahead of Tebow.Broncos front office loves all the attention because no one is talkng about all the arrests. ;)

kc hopeful
08-16-2011, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXwKL1iM96g

With that said......go Chiefs......beat Denver and Tebow!