PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Question about our product

tooge
08-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Hope this isn't spammy. As many of you know, I make and sell a product called Bloody Buddeez that is a bloody mary garnish. We originally packaged them in 32 oz jars thinking that a larger jar means you can serve more drinks with them. The obvious drawback to the large jar is shelf space at the store, and cost to the consumer. We are kicking around the idea of going to production of a smaller 16 oz jar. The cost will be in the $3.79 range as opposed to the $6.99 range we have for the larger jar. What are all of you bloody mary drinker and general party throwers thoughts on this. Would you rather have a smaller jar and pay just a tad more per oz, or a large jar and pay more up front? It is hard to do a trial because it costs so much to change jar sizes. thoughts? thanks you!

Phobia
08-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Wouldn't make a difference to me. I'd still want the larger jar.

blaise
08-16-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't drink Bloody Marys but when I buy bottles of sort of specialty stuff at the grocery I generally buy the smaller item, because if I buy the bigger one I end up with a half a bottle of something sitting in my fridge for a month and then I throw it out.
But, like I said, I'm not a Bloody Mary drinker. Maybe people that like that would go through it quicker.

Pestilence
08-16-2011, 10:42 AM
How long does your product last? If it's a really long time....then I'd stick with the larger jar. If it has a tendency to go bad after a while....then go with the smaller jar.

Sofa King
08-16-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't drink Bloody Marys but when I buy bottles of sort of specialty stuff at the grocery I generally buy the smaller item, because if I buy the bigger one I end up with a half a bottle of something sitting in my fridge for a month and then I throw it out.
But, like I said, I'm not a Bloody Mary drinker. Maybe people that like that would go through it quicker.

This.