PDA

View Full Version : Football Sunday Ticket comes to PS3

Pages : [1] 2

The Bad Guy
08-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Those of you who don't want DirecTV, go out and buy a PS3, then shell out another 340 for Sunday Ticket.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/17/directv-and-playstation-bring-nfl-sunday-ticket-to-ps3/#utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nfl_081711

Saulbadguy
08-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Could coincide with the PS3 price drop. The base model dropped from $299 to $249.

TrebMaxx
08-17-2011, 02:17 PM
That's cool but not $340 cool.

noa
08-17-2011, 02:17 PM
That's awesome. I wish they would open it up to other platforms, too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guru
08-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I would rather have red zone

DMAC
I wish I could just get Redzone on it.

dannybcaitlyn
Hell yea. That was the only reason I wanted direct tv. Now I don't have to subscribe.

Pestilence
I'll stick with DirecTV. At least I know with them....I can talk them into giving me a better deal on it.

penguinz
08-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I logged in to pay my DirectTV bill and it shows I have Sunday Ticket this year at no cost.

ChiefGator
08-17-2011, 02:23 PM
I hadn't heard of this, but this is a pretty good deal really.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages

I'm gonna be in a bar watching every Chiefs game, unable to unglue my eyes. The NFL rewind is actually better, if I want to watch a game or a portion of a game later. Or, if I somehow can't be in my bar on Sunday to watch the Chiefs.

Otter
08-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Doesn't "NFL to go" from DirectTV allow access to any game from a PC for the same price?

ChiefGator
08-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Doesn't "NFL to go" from DirectTV allow access to any game from a PC for the same price?

Maybe you have to be a DirectTV customer already for that?

Otter
08-17-2011, 02:26 PM

I think you're right now that I read up on it.

Pestilence
08-17-2011, 02:26 PM
If anyone is interested in "sharing" my NFL Sunday Ticket......PM me.

Guru
08-17-2011, 02:27 PM
If anyone is interested in "sharing" my NFL Sunday Ticket......PM me.

ah yes, the PS3 allows sharing on up to 5 units.

Pestilence
08-17-2011, 02:28 PM
ah yes, the PS3 allows sharing on up to 5 units.

I meant with the actual DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket subscription. I don't use my NFL to Go.

lcarus
08-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Just another reason why PS3 is better than 360

Bewbies
08-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Just another reason why PS3 is better than 360

I read last year that this was coming to Roku. So now with that and my XBOX I'm screwed.. :banghead:

Reaper16
08-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Is this TinyEvel's doing?

Detoxing
08-17-2011, 02:56 PM
good to know in case I ever have to move somewhere and can't take my DirecTV with me.

Fuck you Xbox lovers!

Fruit Ninja
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
if its like MLB.TV then as long as you have NFL Sunday Ticket go, then you can watch it regardless. Im going to have Go on my computer monitor and then the Sunday Ticket on my TV this year. THis shit is going to be awesome.

CrazyPhuD
08-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I hadn't heard of this, but this is a pretty good deal really.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages

I'm gonna be in a bar watching every Chiefs game, unable to unglue my eyes. The NFL rewind is actually better, if I want to watch a game or a portion of a game later. Or, if I somehow can't be in my bar on Sunday to watch the Chiefs.

Except both this and sunday ticket are almost completely worthless. This because the game is only available the night of the game and sunday ticket because they don't allow you to time shift the game online. Complete bullshit. I used to love waking up an hour or so into the game and being able to fast forward through the commercials. Without the ability to timeshift the game why not just get one of the 'free' feeds?

CrazyPhuD
08-17-2011, 03:28 PM

You used to be able to, but they opened it up last year. DirectTV realized they are mostly fucked and they have to monetize the properties they have. So they give sunday ticket to subscribers free or heavily discounted and offer it full price to non subscribers. But again without the ability to pause or timeshift the program the nfl to go is worthless.

Buck
08-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Holy shit.

So you don't need a satellite right?

Bewbies
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
My search for a PS3 has begun. That and $50 to my bro in law and I don't have to go to Taco Mac every freaking week.

Detoxing
08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Holy shit.

So you don't need a satellite right?

That would be right.

While Cocks lovers like you can keep their cable TV and now get Sunday Ticket, I wonder how much this hurts DirecTV now that that incentive is gone?

I made the switch to DirecTV JUST for Sunday Ticket. With this, you don't really need their Sat service anymore.

Pestilence
08-17-2011, 04:18 PM
That would be right.

While Cocks lovers like you can keep their cable TV and now get Sunday Ticket, I wonder how much this hurts DirecTV now that that incentive is gone?

I made the switch to DirecTV JUST for Sunday Ticket. With this, you don't really need their Sat service anymore.

It's not going to hurt DTV at all. It's $340 to get it without their service. They're not going to bend on that price like they do for their current subscribers. If anything....it's going to make them more money.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2011, 04:20 PM
I'd like to see this on Roku.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Oh wow is this legit?! If so I'm buying a PS3 right away. At my apartment I can't get satellite so this would be huge!!!

Guru
08-17-2011, 04:21 PM
This is no different than their PC service though right? Its the same streaming service but available on the ps3.

Detoxing
08-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Oh wow is this legit?! If so I'm buying a PS3 right away. At my apartment I can't get satellite so this would be huge!!!

Sure you can. Just mount the dish inside your bedroom and remove the screen. Profit.

Pestilence
08-17-2011, 04:23 PM
This is no different than their PC service though right? Its the same streaming service but available on the ps3.

And if you're a subscriber.....it costs you an extra $50.

Bewbies
08-17-2011, 04:30 PM
And if you're a subscriber.....it costs you an extra $50.

I prefer to think if you know a subscriber it will cost you $50.

Scott Pilgrim
08-17-2011, 04:41 PM
this is way to much for me. so i guess another season of hoping the rams move and we get all the games in st louis

BossChief
08-17-2011, 04:55 PM

why cant you get satellite at your apartment?

If Directv wont do the install or your landlord is giving you problems about getting it installed...call a local retailer to try and do the installation.

Chances are, they WILL get it done if its at all possible.

By rule of the FCC a landlord cannot keep a tennant from getting any type of communication service "just because" ...now, they CAN say that you cant mound it permanently to their building and no holes can be drilled, but there are ways around doing those things like doing a flat cable through window/s and using a pole mount.tripod or non penetrating roof mount to get the installation done.

If you have any questions, just pm me.

Pestilence
08-17-2011, 04:57 PM

If Directv wont do the install or your landlord is giving you problems about getting it installed...call a local retailer to try and do the installation.

By rule of the FCC a landlord cannot keep a tennant from getting any type of communication service "just because" ...now, they CAN say that you cant mound it permanently to their building and no holes can be drilled, but there are ways around doing those things like doing a flat cable through window/s and using a pole mount.tripod or non penetrating roof mount to get the installation done.

In Arizona....our landlord said that we couldn't mount it to any part of the building. The DirectTV installer brought out a 75 lb metal plate that he attached it to and that plate sat on the roof.

Just giving another option.

Detoxing
08-17-2011, 05:00 PM

Hehe. Yep.

Back when i was in an apartment I did it. I grabbed two poles, welded them at a 90 degree and created a cement base to mount it in. Planted the thing on my patio so it went up and over the railing and outward facing the sky.

No holes. Not mounted on their building and out of sight unless you're coming from the back of the building.

ChiefGator
08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Except both this and sunday ticket are almost completely worthless. This because the game is only available the night of the game...

Really? Only the night of the game? That is stupid. I wanted to watch it at work on Tuesday when I was thinking about picking up a fantasy player. Hmm..

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Is there anything the PS3 won't do?

Detoxing
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM

Suck yo dick.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2011, 05:11 PM
My bad they allow satellite but my location prevents it as there is no clear line of site to the southeast or whichever way the signal is. The only other option was to mount it on the roof of the complex and the landlord said no to that. I'll gladly pay the 340 is this legit? How do I go about it, just call dtv?

BossChief
08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
In Arizona....our landlord said that we couldn't mount it to any part of the building. The DirectTV installer brought out a 75 lb metal plate that he attached it to and that plate sat on the roof.

Just giving another option.

thats a non penetrating roof mount.

They arent that heavy, but they require cinder blocks to keep it from moving when the wind is strong. After the blocks are put in it, it is probably at least that heavy.

Ive been an installer and owned mmy own company as a Directv subcontractor at one point and employed 17 installers under me and one thing for sure is there is almost ALWAYS a way to get it done.

Local offices usually have a lot of rookie installers working for them and they might not have the knowledge required to get it done sometimes....retailers usually employ more experienced installers and have a lot more riding on getting the install done, so they will usually get it done if the local big office cant.

BossChief
08-17-2011, 05:18 PM
My bad they allow satellite but my location prevents it as there is no clear line of site to the southeast or whichever way the signal is. The only other option was to mount it on the roof of the complex and the landlord said no to that. I'll gladly pay the 340 is this legit? How do I go about it, just call dtv?

If you arent gonna have cable internet, you probably dont need to have the dish near your actual apartment...it would most likely go near the utility area of the complex.

Landlords usually like that idea as well, due to the fact they can have one dish service the entire building. We call it a "community dish" and do it that way.

It would be very very unlikely a company other than a retailer would do something like that though.

If that is not an option, the dish can usually be "post pounded" on the south side of the building and the line tucked under the vinal siding to get to your unit so it is unnoticable and no holes are drilled....the installer would need to bring at least one flat cable though.

Just more options for ya to keep the bill low.

If I can help, holla at a playa when you see him on Chiefs Planet.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Just called them it's legit at least according to the representative. It'll be on the website tomorrow. She said it would be stupid to go buy a PS3 and get NFLST. Wow she's probably fired now if they recorded that call lol.

DaFace
08-17-2011, 06:58 PM
I would rather have red zone

I wish I could just get Redzone on it.

Well, DTV's Redzone channel is included. But you'd still be paying the full $340.

Third Eye
08-17-2011, 07:04 PM

Outsell any other platforms?

KCTitus
08-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Very interesting...I have to say, though, that I have really come to enjoy the Redzone. I enjoy that more than the Ticket.

Bump
08-17-2011, 07:29 PM
I just got DTV installed, no installation fee, free sunday ticket and $40 a month but I had to sign a 2 year contract.

If I would have went with PS3, my shit would probably be hacked on every gameday and would miss out on the ticket anyways.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Just to clarify, if you have a PS3 you can watch it through your tv instead of on the computer like the NFL to go thing? How does that work? Do you have to have wireless?

DMAC
08-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Just to clarify, if you have a PS3 you can watch it through your tv instead of on the computer like the NFL to go thing? How does that work? Do you have to have wireless?

Im assuming it is like MLB tv, Netflix, Hulu...

Just have it hooked up to internet, wifi or wired, and you are good to watch it in HD on your TV.

DaFace
08-17-2011, 08:43 PM

Not sure what your question is. You hook the PS3 up to your TV just like you would if you were playing games. But yeah, the internet connection comes through wifi if that's what you're asking.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't have wireless I have a motum that the ethernet is hooked up to. Do we have to have a wireless router to use it or could we just use the motum? We could easily get wireless if we buy a wireless router obviously, just wondering if we could get by without getting one...

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2011, 09:29 PM
I don't have wireless I have a motum that the ethernet is hooked up to. Do we have to have a wireless router to use it or could we just use the motum? We could easily get wireless if we buy a wireless router obviously, just wondering if we could get by without getting one...
LOL motum?

DaFace
08-17-2011, 09:38 PM

Ah. Yes, you'd most likely need to get a wireless router unless 1) your TV is near your modem and 2) your modem has space for another device (other than your computer) to be plugged into.

rocknrolla
08-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

rocknrolla
08-17-2011, 09:45 PM
$340. Ouch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bewbies
08-17-2011, 09:59 PM
WTF is a motem?

rocknrolla
08-17-2011, 10:03 PM
I hear modem and I think of the movie "War games".
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
08-17-2011, 10:04 PM
http://www.totem-pole.net/images/totem_pole_3.jpg

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2011, 10:07 PM
$340. Ouch.
Posted via Mobile DeviceDo you not know how to use the edit feature?

Johnny Vegas
08-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Suck it xbox slobbin knobers

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2011, 10:46 PM
ROFL my bad, modem

wutamess
08-17-2011, 10:55 PM

Weed out annoying little punks (10yo's on down) from playing on their PS3 network when you want to do some quality online gaming.

CrazyPhuD
08-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Really? Only the night of the game? That is stupid. I wanted to watch it at work on Tuesday when I was thinking about picking up a fantasy player. Hmm..

Sorry clarification, it is my understanding that it's available anytime after that day, but not available that day even the game is over. So just to clarify it would be available anytime after the day of the game.

For me it would be useful if it was available as soon as the game was over. Then I would watch it and be happy, with the ability to pause etc. But having to wait till midnight after the game is over makes it not valuable to me.

Fruit Ninja
08-18-2011, 05:15 AM
The way MLB.TV works is at the end of the game, it processes for about an hour or 2, then its put up to be viewed anytime. Its probably going to be similar to that.

Von Dumbass
08-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Outsell any other platforms?

PS3 has outsold XBOX worldwide.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2011, 06:44 AM
This is great for me since i dont have Direct TV anymore!

KcFanInGA
08-18-2011, 09:38 AM
So if my brother has sunday ticket...could i give him the fifty bucks and use my ps3 at a different location to watch the games?

DaFace
08-18-2011, 09:43 AM
So if my brother has sunday ticket...could i give him the fifty bucks and use my ps3 at a different location to watch the games?

Most likely...yes.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Is the quality going to be good? I mean is it going to be like crappy internet stream quality or just like you see on tv?

Pants
08-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Is the quality going to be good? I mean is it going to be like crappy internet stream quality or just like you see on tv?

That would depend on your connection.

DMAC
08-18-2011, 09:58 AM

I am doing this exact thing. Only not brother.

DMAC
08-18-2011, 09:59 AM

Do you have a PS3? Do you use Netflix?

Deberg_1990
08-18-2011, 10:05 AM

when i stream Netflix or from MLBTV on my PS3, it looks great. All depends on your connection speeds though.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Do you have a PS3? Do you use Netflix?

I don't have a PS3 I'm thinking of getting one though so I can do this. No I don't have Netflix. I have an Xbox it was a Christmas present last year but I never use it, I don't have time for video games anymore so I'll sell that for what I can get and use the cash on a PS3 lol.

Pestilence
08-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Dude.....you're going to be spending a shit ton of money to get NFL Sunday Ticket.

Even with the price drop....you're going to be spending almost $600.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Dude.....you're going to be spending a shit ton of money to get NFL Sunday Ticket.

Even with the price drop....you're going to be spending almost $600.

I've got the money. Actually I'm going to be spending around $400 all together because I'm gonna sell the Xbox. :) I gotta see my Chiefs. I like grandlama's streams but if he gets sick or something I don't know how I'm gonna see them.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2011, 01:07 PM
My friend has DTV and NFLST already and he said to save me money for $50 he would get NFLST To Go and give me the username and password so I can watch it on my laptop. Can you do that?

DMAC
08-18-2011, 01:09 PM
My friend has DTV and NFLST already and he said to save me money for $50 he would get NFLST To Go and give me the username and password so I can watch it on my laptop.

Sell xbox. Buy Ps3. Pay friend same $50. Watch in HD on your tv.

Pestilence
08-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Sell xbox. Buy Ps3. Pay friend same $50. Watch in HD on your tv.

Profit.

Von Dumbass
08-18-2011, 01:24 PM
My friend has DTV and NFLST already and he said to save me money for $50 he would get NFLST To Go and give me the username and password so I can watch it on my laptop. Can you do that?

A couple years ago one of my buddies did that to me and I had no issues using his username and password.

Pestilence
08-18-2011, 01:25 PM
A couple years ago one of my buddies did that to me and I had no issues using his username and password.

I've been doing that for a couple of years now with a friend.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2011, 02:35 PM
I've been doing that for a couple of years now with a friend.

Can it work on multiple computers at one time? Let's say he's out of town and is using it, can I use it too at the sametime?

Third Eye
08-18-2011, 08:34 PM
PS3 has outsold XBOX worldwide.

Not true.

http://www.vgchartz.com/#graph_menu

And let's not even talk about software sales and microtransactions where the real money is made.

DaFace
08-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Can it work on multiple computers at one time? Let's say he's out of town and is using it, can I use it too at the sametime?

Short answer: no. That's how they control it to some extent. You can have 100 people who all have the username and password, but only one device can be watching (anything) at a time. That doesn't cover TV vs. "to go," but it does cover laptops vs. phones/tablets.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Short answer: no. That's how they control it to some extent. You can have 100 people who all have the username and password, but only one device can be watching (anything) at a time. That doesn't cover TV vs. "to go," but it does cover laptops vs. phones/tablets.

Yeah I'm leaning toward selling the xbox, buying a PS3 and paying the $340. I can't stand streaming anymore and I want a year of watching it on tv like back in KC. Our new place that we'll be moving into in January is satellite ready so sweetness for next year too.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-20-2011, 03:04 PM
when i stream Netflix or from MLBTV on my PS3, it looks great. All depends on your connection speeds though.

What's your connection speed? I think mine is the basic speed for ordinary internet use. But NFL Sunday Ticket isn't a download, it's already downloaded so there shouldn't be any buffering or etc.

Von Dumbass
08-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm definitely going to be buying this.

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm definitely going to be buying this.Kind of a waste for you since you turn the Broncos off at half time. :)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2011, 05:53 PM
My wife and I tried to upgrade our internet from 1.5megs to 7megs but we cannot get it to 7 for around 30 days in our area. Will the 1.5 work with the NFL Sunday Ticket hooked to our PS3 just fine through Ethernet, quality and connection wise? Or will it be all choppy because it's 1.5?

Guru
08-31-2011, 05:54 PM
My wife and I tried to upgrade our internet from 1.5megs to 7megs but we cannot get it to 7 for around 30 days in our area. Will the 1.5 work with the NFL Sunday Ticket hooked to our PS3 just fine through Ethernet, quality and connection wise? Or will it be all choppy because it's 1.5?

It won't look good at that speed.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2011, 05:57 PM
It won't look good at that speed.

But we can see it right? That's all I care about lol. Will it look like standard def tv or worse?

Guru
08-31-2011, 06:02 PM
But we can see it right? That's all I care about lol. Will it look like standard def tv or worse?

I would be bet on worse than SD. 3.0 is about minimum for really good picture on the PS3 while streaming.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2011, 06:05 PM

It's definitely going to be choppy at that speed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
It's definitely going to be choppy at that speed.
Posted via Mobile Device

It won't buffer or anything will it? It's impossible to buffer it's already downloaded I think.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2011, 06:21 PM
The guy I just talked to said I should be fine because it's not wireless it's through the ethernet so the connection would be at its finest. The quality may not be that good, but it won't be bad either. People around here game online and our is only at 1.5 megs max so I'm sure it wouldn't be bad either, or I hope not.

BigMeatballDave
08-31-2011, 06:57 PM
It won't buffer or anything will it? It's impossible to buffer it's already downloaded I think.
It's a live streaming broadcast, it could buffer a bit.

DaFace
08-31-2011, 06:59 PM

Last year, you could pick between high, medium, or low settings, so if it was buffering a lot, you could just reduce the bitrate.

seeth213
08-31-2011, 07:29 PM
wow..playstation finally did something right

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Last year, you could pick between high, medium, or low settings, so if it was buffering a lot, you could just reduce the bitrate.

If I remember right the guy at PS3 customer service said the PS3 chooses which setting (high, low or medium) fits your connection automatically now.

Von Dumbass
08-31-2011, 08:21 PM
When the hell can I buy this? I've called Direct TV and Playstation and they couldn't tell me anything wasn't already posted on the PS blog on August 17th.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2011, 08:59 PM
When the hell can I buy this? I've called Direct TV and Playstation and they couldn't tell me anything wasn't already posted on the PS blog on August 17th.

Was wondering the same thing. The regular season is only a weekend away, you would think Sony would be advertising the hell out of it??

DaFace
08-31-2011, 09:15 PM

I'd assume you just subscribe normally at this link (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl_online_mobile), then download some sort of app to the PS3 to make it work.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2011, 09:20 PM
I'd assume you just subscribe normally at this link (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl_online_mobile), then download some sort of app to the PS3 to make it work.

Except so far, Sony has no app available for download......no ads announcing its coming either....

Guru
08-31-2011, 09:50 PM
HOpe Sony doesn't screw this up. Nothing like a pack of rabid football fans breathing down your neck.

DaFace
08-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Except so far, Sony has no app available for download......no ads announcing its coming either....

Gotcha.

Guru
08-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Of course it will require a system update since it was not included in the last system update when they added the TV folder.

ZootedGranny
09-05-2011, 04:04 AM
There was an update to PS3 knowledge base concerning Sunday Ticket (http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2481), and shortly afterwards it was taken down, but here's the update:

Beginning September 6, 2011 DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket will be available on the PlayStation 3. Viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: How do I get Sunday Ticket on my PS3? How much does it cost?
A: The Sunday Ticket app will be available for download from the PSN Store on September 6 and programming begins September 11. NFL Sunday Ticket at the season price of $339.95.

Q: Do I need to be a DIRECTV subscriber to get the Sunday Ticket?
A: You DO NOT need DIRECTV to access NFL Sunday Ticket, though existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home.

Q: How do I use DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3?
A: Download the app from the PSN Store on or after September 6. Launch the app and log-in. That's it!

At the left of the display, get real-time game status including game time and score from each game chip. A colored arrow at the bottom of each game chip provides current field position at a glance. Arrows turn green for scoring plays, red for red zone, and blue for all other field positions.

Select any game chip to get a menu of available features including: Live Streaming Video of NFL Sunday Ticket game, RED ZONEŽ Channel, Video Highlights, Game and Player Stats, Standings and Full Season Schedule.

While live streaming video and highlights are only available for Sunday Ticket games, users can view player and game stats for any game each week. When viewing stats and highlights, use the L2 and R2 triggers to quickly scroll through every matchup.

Each week, highlights are accessible until 8:15 ET on Sunday and game results and stats are accessible through Wednesday.

Q: Is DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket available outside of the US?
A: DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket is only available to customers within the 50 United States.

Q: Why can't I see some games on the Application? What's a blackout?
A: Currently, DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket has to enforce blackout rules as required by the NFL. These rules include applying blackout rules to those areas where the local team hasn't sold out within a certain time. Another rule is to blackout the game(s) being shown on the customer's local affiliate(s) (i.e. Fox and CBS). This include Sunday night, Monday night, and Thursday night games.

Q: Can I use my NFL Sunday Ticket on another PlayStation 3 system?
A: Yes, your NFL Sunday Ticket Service for the PlayStation 3 system follows your PlayStation Network account wherever you go. You can login to different PlayStation 3 systems (only one at a time), however, you are bound by the limit of the number of units that your PSN Account can be authenticated with.

Q: How can I get the best possible service from the application?
A: To get the best possible quality of NFL Sunday Ticket, you need a good and dependable broadband connection. Test the speed of your connection with DSL Reports Speed Test. If you are receiving over 700kbps per second down from your provider, then you should be able to see all video content at the High setting.

Q: I purchased a DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket subscription through Sony. Can I watch live games on my computer, iPad or mobile phone?
A: You will need full DIRECTV service with an NFL Sunday Ticket and To-Go subscription to watch live video and video highlights on your computer, iPad, or mobile phone. More details are available at directv.com/nfl.

Q: What if I try to watch video but don't have a high broadband connection?
A: Unfortunately, you will not have much success watching live video, but you can see scores and statistics for the games along with seeing highlights (although the highlights will take some time to play out).

Q: What if my video and audio are not playing smoothly?
A: If your video service is not working well, it could be the result of a loose physical connection or unstable wireless connectivity, so it's always a good idea to check your connections.

If you are still experiencing difficulty, the problem might be caused by high traffic on your local network or ISP (Internet Service Provider) or your bandwidth may be being used by another application. Downloading large files or using peer-to-peer applications while watching video, for example, may prevent you from being able to receive enough data to maintain a constant video stream.

Your viewing experience will be affected if our servers are unable to deliver data to your computer quickly enough because of network congestion on your connection. Turn off any other programs that are sharing your connection like other browser windows and email programs. You might also try restarting the computer to close other programs that may be running in the background.

Q: What username and password do I use to sign in?
A: Please use your directv.com username and password to sign in. If you don't have a DIRECTV username and password, please create your account online today.
If you forgot your password you can retrieve it at any time on directv.com. Click "sign in" at the top left hand corner. On the "Sign in or Create Account" page, enter your email address, then click Forgot Password.
Note that to access NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go, your account must be in good standing.

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Q: Do I need to be a DIRECTV subscriber to get the Sunday Ticket?
A: You DO NOT need DIRECTV to access NFL Sunday Ticket, though existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home.

Why would an existing DTV customer need to spend an additional $50 to watch ST on the PS3?

Existing customers would already have receivers - and likely HD receivers - on all of their TVs.

Guru
09-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Why would an existing DTV customer need to spend an additional $50 to watch ST on the PS3?

Existing customers would already have receivers - and likely HD receivers - on all of their TVs.

Thats a load of crap they they charge existing viewers an extra 50. Of course, I think them charging full direct TV price for a internet stream is robbery as well.

cdcox
09-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I hope they don't screw this up. I have a ton of trees around the house that make DirecTV very marginal at my house. My dish is installed on a pole on top of my chimney. When I tried to up grade to HD a few years ago, they were not able to install the larger dish. So I can't upgrade to HD as long as I'm married to DirecTV to get Sunday Ticket. If this works, in the next year or two I'll drop DirecTV and go the PS-3 and cable route, even if it ends up being more expensive.

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Thats a load of crap they they charge existing viewers an extra 50. Of course, I think them charging full direct TV price for a internet stream is robbery as well.

But why would you pay it?

If I want to watch ST, I can do it on 3 different HD screens in my home through a HD-DVR.

Why the hell would I need to spend an extra $50 to watch it through my PS3?

Guru
09-05-2011, 10:02 AM
But why would you pay it?

If I want to watch ST, I can do it on 3 different HD screens in my home through a HD-DVR.

Why the hell would I need to spend an extra $50 to watch it through my PS3?

I'm sure not everyone has access to 3 different screens. Either way, charging existing customers extra is a rip. Charging full price for a stream is a rip.

dannybcaitlyn
09-05-2011, 11:09 AM

The only benefit I could see from this is, If there is bad weather in the area which would disrupt the satelite signal but not effect the stream from your PS3. So you still could catch the game.

nose
09-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Wish they atleast gave a monthly payment option though! Man that is a pretty big chunk of change to pay all at once.

I'm a brokeass though so.....I suck!

Von Dumbass
09-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Kickoff the NFL Season on PS3 with the NFL SUNDAY TICKET App, Available Today on PlayStation Network

We recently announced our partnership with DIRECTV to bring their most popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, directly to you via your PlayStation 3. Starting later today, you can access the direct link in the My Channels category under the TV/Video Services icon on the XMB (XrossMediaBar) or head over to the media category of the PlayStation Store to download the app in anticipation of the new 2011 NFL season.

This Sunday, PS3 owners without access to DIRECTV will be able to live stream every out-of-market Sunday NFL game on their PS3 with a subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET. You’ll be able to enhance your NFL experience with live multi-game scoreboards and field position trackers, which also allow you to access highlights, stats, standings and schedules, as well as the Red Zone Channel, which gives you live coverage of Sunday’s most exciting moments. The subscription for the 2011 season can be purchased directly through the app for $339.95. Existing subscribers can use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home, as part of their NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go package, which is purchased through DIRECTV.

Check out the video to see how the app works on PS3:

<iframe id="viddler-628e4af9" src="http://www.viddler.com/embed/628e4af9/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&disablebranding=0" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0"></iframe>

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/06/kickoff-the-nfl-season-on-ps3-with-the-nfl-sunday-ticket-app-available-today-on-playstation-network/#utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NFLApp_090611

DaFace
09-06-2011, 08:08 AM

It has nothing to do with the PS3 specifically. It costs the extra $50 for NFLST subscribers to get the "to go" version, which allows internet streaming. Along with the PS3, you can also watch using any old computer and smartphones. It's been that way for quite a while now.

Von Dumbass
09-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Wish they atleast gave a monthly payment option though! Man that is a pretty big chunk of change to pay all at once.

I'm a brokeass though so.....I suck!

On the video it shows that it is $84.99 a month for four months.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2011, 08:55 AM
It has nothing to do with the PS3 specifically. It costs the extra $50 for NFLST subscribers to get the "to go" version, which allows internet streaming. Along with the PS3, you can also watch using any old computer and smartphones. It's been that way for quite a while now.

Ah, got it. That makes sense.

DMAC
09-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Q: Can I use my NFL Sunday Ticket on another PlayStation 3 system?
A: Yes, your NFL Sunday Ticket Service for the PlayStation 3 system follows your PlayStation Network account wherever you go. You can login to different PlayStation 3 systems (only one at a time), however, you are bound by the limit of the number of units that your PSN Account can be authenticated with.

They make it sound like the ST will be tied to a PSN login, unlike Netflix which uses a seperate login.

dannybcaitlyn
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
The App hasn't shown up on my PS3 yet

Deberg_1990
09-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Just downloaded the app and installed it. Started it up and the only option is gives you is $84.99 for 4 months to pay.

Ill probably sign up later in the week.

mdchiefsfan
09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
The App hasn't shown up on my PS3 yet

It's pretty hidden. Go to the PS Store, select media and apps, select apps and it will be the first one to select. Then, once you start the app you have to agree to pay $84.99/ month for 4 months... Ouch! I am trying to find someone who has Sunday ticket, with the PS3 choice already. If they give me the name and password and it works, I will pay them the $50 for the PS3 subscription.

Detoxing
09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Just downloaded the app and installed it. Started it up and the only option is gives you is $84.99 for 4 months to pay.

Ill probably sign up later in the week.

Damn Gina!

Oh well. I guess it's like Pay-Per-View....except you get 4 showings instead of 1

CrazyPhuD
09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Damn Gina!

Oh well. I guess it's like Pay-Per-View....except you get 4 showings instead of 1

and at only 700kbps ouch.....hope the screen isn't too big.

DaFace
09-06-2011, 04:56 PM
and at only 700kbps ouch.....hope the screen isn't too big.

Does it say that in the app somewhere? I know the "normal" NFLST To Go is much higher than that.

EDIT: According to a moderator here (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/06/kickoff-the-nfl-season-on-ps3-with-the-nfl-sunday-ticket-app-available-today-on-playstation-network/), it's 3 Mbps. Not awesome, but certainly watchable.

Short Leash Hootie
09-06-2011, 05:12 PM
It's pretty hidden. Go to the PS Store, select media and apps, select apps and it will be the first one to select. Then, once you start the app you have to agree to pay $84.99/ month for 4 months... Ouch! I am trying to find someone who has Sunday ticket, with the PS3 choice already. If they give me the name and password and it works, I will pay them the $50 for the PS3 subscription.

This is a great idea...id go $100

CrazyPhuD
09-06-2011, 05:23 PM
There was an update to PS3 knowledge base concerning Sunday Ticket (http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2481), and shortly afterwards it was taken down, but here's the update:

Does it say that in the app somewhere? I know the "normal" NFLST To Go is much higher than that.

EDIT: According to a moderator here (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/06/kickoff-the-nfl-season-on-ps3-with-the-nfl-sunday-ticket-app-available-today-on-playstation-network/), it's 3 Mbps. Not awesome, but certainly watchable.

Well I would hope so from what's posted on the knowledge base that zootedG posted.

Q: How can I get the best possible service from the application?
A: To get the best possible quality of NFL Sunday Ticket, you need a good and dependable broadband connection. Test the speed of your connection with DSL Reports Speed Test. If you are receiving over 700kbps per second down from your provider, then you should be able to see all video content at the High setting.

DaFace
09-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Well I would hope so from what's posted on the knowledge base that zootedG posted.

Not entirely sure what they mean by that, honestly. Last year, the video quality options were:

High (>= 1.4 Mbps)
Medium (0.8 Mbps - 1.4 Mbps)
Low (<= 0.8 Mbps)

So I have no idea where the 700 kbps number came from. My understanding is that it scales up or down based on your connection (like Netflix) and tops out at 3 Mbps.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Does it have to be DSL or can you have high speed internet?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Or does it matter?

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Does it have to be DSL or can you have high speed internet?DSL IS high speed. Just not as high as Roadrunners or other cable providers. You should be fine with around 6m.

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm hoping this becomes available on Roku in 2 yrs. Then I can drop Directv and stream everything.

Provided Time Warner doesn't start capping bandwidth and charge for overages.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2011, 10:00 PM
DSL IS high speed. Just not as high as Roadrunners or other cable providers. You should be fine with around 6m.

Will 15mb high speed internet through suddenlink (a cable provider) be enough?

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Will 15mb high speed internet through suddenlink (a cable provider) be enough?Hell yeah. That's about what I get on Time Warner. HD movies and shows look great on Netflix at that speed on my Roku.

Von Dumbass
09-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I keep getting error codes whenever I try and confirm purchase. :cuss:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Hell yeah. That's about what I get on Time Warner. HD movies and shows look great on Netflix at that speed on my Roku.

What is the difference between m and mb? Or is there a difference? It says I can get either 15mb or 10M. What is that?

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2011, 10:25 PM
What is the difference between m and mb? Or is there a difference? It says I can get either 15mb or 10M. What is that?I'm not sure why they label it like that.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure why they label it like that.

Me either it's confusing. Is it the same thing?

DaFace
09-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Me either it's confusing. Is it the same thing?

It's all megabits.

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2011, 11:10 PM
It's all megabytes.Or bits :)

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2011, 11:11 PM
MB=megabyte

Mb=megabit

DaFace
09-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Or bits :)

Gah! You are correct, sir.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2011, 11:13 PM
So what's the difference between 15mb and 10M?

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Gah! You are correct, sir.This stuff can be confusing. Isn't there like 8 bits per byte? Or something like that?

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2011, 11:15 PM
So what's the difference between 15mb and 10M?
Good question. Which is cheaper?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Good question. Which is cheaper?

10M is cheaper by $10 lol. But if 15mb will give me better quality I'll do it.

DaFace
09-06-2011, 11:19 PM
This stuff can be confusing. Isn't there like 8 bits per byte? Or something like that?

Yup.

10M is cheaper by $10 lol. But if 15mb will give me better quality I'll do it.

It probably won't make any difference for NFLST specifically - at least not unless they deliver much higher quality than I can tell they are. Looks to me like it'll be using 3 Mbps, compared to your plans, which support 10 or 15.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Yup.

It probably won't make any difference for NFLST specifically - at least not unless they deliver much higher quality than I can tell they are. Looks to me like it'll be using 3 Mbps, compared to your plans, which support 10 or 15.

Yeah we just want speed and quality. We're gonna change to suddenlink and get this, we are currently with centurylink (qwest) which sucks. I hope they can install it by Friday.

Pushead2
09-07-2011, 05:14 AM
I'll just head to the bar and watch the games..

Von Dumbass
09-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Don't know what the hell is going on but PSN still won't let me add funds to my wallet. I don't need it for this week because Denver is on MNF but if I can't buy this by next Sunday I'ma be pissed.

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Don't know what the hell is going on but PSN still won't let me add funds to my wallet. I don't need it for this week because Denver is on MNF but if I can't buy this by next Sunday I'ma be pissed.

why waste so much money when you don't even watch the games?

Von Dumbass
09-07-2011, 09:58 AM
why waste so much money when you don't even watch the games?

I'm sick of watching shitty streams on my shitty computer in my uncomfortable chair. Would much rather pay to watch the Broncos comfortably but never was able to because I have a good deal on my phone, internet, and cable.

Swanman
09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Not entirely sure what they mean by that, honestly. Last year, the video quality options were:

High (>= 1.4 Mbps)
Medium (0.8 Mbps - 1.4 Mbps)
Low (<= 0.8 Mbps)

So I have no idea where the 700 kbps number came from. My understanding is that it scales up or down based on your connection (like Netflix) and tops out at 3 Mbps.

I hope they up the quality at some point. Those are settings when DSL first came out. I have Comcast at 20+Mbps. Netflix looks amazing in HD so hopefully it looks comparable, although I don't know what the settings are for streaming Netflix in HD.

I just hope the servers don't crash and burn like they did last year for the first two weeks. At some points you couldn't watch any streams for an hour or more, which is insanely unacceptable for the price you are paying. But it's DTV, I shouldn't expect much more.

Von Dumbass
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Finally bought it. Had to buy $85 worth of PSN cards to get it to work.

The Bad Guy
09-08-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm sick of watching shitty streams on my shitty computer in my uncomfortable chair. Would much rather pay to watch the Broncos comfortably but never was able to because I have a good deal on my phone, internet, and cable.

You mean your parents have a good deal.

Von Dumbass
09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
You mean your parents have a good deal.

Dude I'm 25 why would I be living with my parents?

DMAC
09-08-2011, 03:05 PM

Yes that's LUDICROUS!!

Reerun_KC
09-08-2011, 03:08 PM

IDK, GoChiefs lives with his... So we just assumed that you did...

Deberg_1990
09-08-2011, 03:57 PM
IDK, GoChiefs lives with his... So we just assumed that you did...

Goturd is nearly 30 living with his parents :facepalm:

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Watching the redzone channel and the picture quality is AMAZING but I don't think my internet is fast enough to deal with it because it is pretty damn choppy. I have 7 download and 1.5 upload so it should work... Anybody know how to get a lower resolution picture on PS3?

Rausch
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM

Given a choice you wouldn't...

baitism
09-11-2011, 10:18 AM
This is why you buy game consoles for gaming, not for watching TV. Maybe at some point in the future stuff like this will be more viable and affordable.

lcarus
09-11-2011, 10:22 AM
I haven't lived with my parents for a long time, but sometimes I'd like to! You can't tell me sometimes you don't wish you were 8 years old again with no worries in the world except sports and cartoons.

DaFace
09-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Watching the redzone channel and the picture quality is AMAZING but I don't think my internet is fast enough to deal with it because it is pretty damn choppy. I have 7 download and 1.5 upload so it should work... Anybody know how to get a lower resolution picture on PS3?

I wouldn't think that 7 down, 1.5 up would cause any issues. Theoretically, it's supposed to be auto-correcting. Has it gotten any better as you've left it on?

dannybcaitlyn
09-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I haven't lived with my parents for a long time, but sometimes I'd like to! You can't tell me sometimes you don't wish you were 8 years old again with no worries in the world except sports and cartoons.

No **it! Its rough out here in the realworld!

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't think that 7 down, 1.5 up would cause any issues. Theoretically, it's supposed to be auto-correcting. Has it gotten any better as you've left it on?

Huh. I turned it off after five minutes guess I'll leave it on for the next 30 minutes and see if that helps.

DaFace
09-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Huh. I turned it off after five minutes guess I'll leave it on for the next 30 minutes and see if that helps.

Well, good luck. I really don't know that much about how it works, but that's how the web interface worked.

If nothing else, you'd think they'd have a way built in to manually override it.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
This is why you buy game consoles for gaming, not for watching TV. Maybe at some point in the future stuff like this will be more viable and affordable.

Consoles systems are basically PC's now Grandpa. Ive got an Atari 2600 ill sell ya.

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Maybe they were just having a problem with the Redzone Channel because I just turned on the Chiefs game and have had no issues so far. It honestly looks just like it would if I was watching it on my local CBS affiliate.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2011, 11:27 AM
mines jumping around quite a bit...not satisfied so far.....

dannybcaitlyn
09-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Same here. Missing some plays even when I rewind. Completely missed the punt play.

ChiefsFanatic37
09-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Wow, this is sucking so far. So choppy and my internet should be able to handle it...they need to work out the bugs.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Same here. Missing some plays even when I rewind. Completely missed the punt play.

Mine keeps jumping all around, like back and forth in time.......horrible, unacceptable....i will definately call and complain. I have a 6M download. It shouldnt be this bad.

Toadkiller
09-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Damn the ps3 feed is craptacular. really unsatisfied with it.

ChiefsFanatic37
09-11-2011, 11:59 AM
yeah i have 9 down 1.5 up and this should be perfect. I'm steamin online and it is working great.

Jack
09-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Great disappointment! Got increasing worse, heavy buffering, skipped plays (except for commercials).

This is too much, I wonder if there is some grand telephone number to call and bitch about this.

Toadkiller
09-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I have 14.9 down and 2.5 up and it pauses like crazy. Long pauses. I think all of direct tv sunday go is having a problem though. Trying to log on through computer and it is taking forever to load.

dannybcaitlyn
09-11-2011, 12:02 PM
****! I have 7 and 1.5 and I've lost video. I want a refund for this game. What's the number to make a complaint?

Jack
09-11-2011, 12:10 PM
This isn't as much a BW problem as it is with Sony/Sunday ticket. I use Roku, Visio streaming and PS3. All HD quality and I have had no significant problems. I will be hunting down those responsible.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2011, 12:13 PM
This isn't as much a BW problem as it is with Sony/Sunday ticket. I use Roku, Visio streaming and PS3. All HD quality and I have had no significant problems. I will be hunting down those responsible.

Yep...ive used netflix, Vudu and the MLB streaming through the PS3 and have never had any issues.....this is a Sunday Ticket issue.

dannybcaitlyn
09-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Finally got video back but still pausing. They should have at least did some type of testing with maybe some preason games.

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 12:40 PM
This is bullshit... The pregame and the Bills first drive was PERFECT but after that the stream was unwatchable , now I can't even get it to load

ChiefsFanatic37
09-11-2011, 12:45 PM
This is bullshit... The pregame and the Bills first drive was PERFECT but after that the stream was unwatchable , now I can't even get it to load

Same...this is ridiculous

aturnis
09-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Tried this as DirecTV can't be here to hook me up until Tuesday. I am pissed. PS3 streaming is TERRIBLE. I have 12MB, should not be a probelm. Same as DeBerg, jumping back and forth in time, and choppy as fuck.

Chiefs Pantalones
I have 10M so mine should be fine next week. I didn't have to use it today.

Deberg_1990
Refund!

aturnis
09-11-2011, 12:47 PM

I have 12MB, and it still sucks. BAD! Better figure something else out...

Deberg_1990
09-11-2011, 12:49 PM

Doesnt seem to be a bandwidth issue. Guys with all sorts of varying speeds are reporting the same problems.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I have 12MB, and it still sucks. BAD! Better figure something else out...

Oh snap! Is it a NFLST issue or a PS3 issue? 12MB should be more than enough!

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 12:53 PM
There for a while it would let me watch it with 4:58 left in the second quarter and then it would freeze and next thing I know I'm watching the ****ing first quarter again. Can never get a steady stream, it only plays for 15 seconds at a time then it freezes and takes me to some random ass part of the game. Such bullshit.

Toadkiller
09-11-2011, 12:54 PM
14.9 down and it sucks rocks. I think all of direct tv is having a problem. Tried on the go app for direct tv and it is up and down as well.

Jack
09-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Well, this isn't sporadic around the country, look here:

http://www.lasnark.com/2011/09/11/nfl-sunday-ticket-on-playstation-3-doesnt-work/10710

You would think by now, the PS3 folks would be working on this.

Consolation: Chiefs are really stinking up the place with their dismay coaching and players. But looking at the man-less colts make feel slightly better.

Jack
09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Yep, its fully DTV's fault from searches around the 'net.

Must be IFO's dickin' with the satellite. . .

Toadkiller
09-11-2011, 01:20 PM
http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/forums/displaythread?rootPostID=10936884

Lots of people having to go problems as well. Looks like direct tv is telling people no refunds

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Hello *****,

I understand how frustrating this must be and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that both DirectTv and Sony have technicians actively working to improve the quality of the feed to give you the best service possible.

I understand this is extremely frustrating, especially on opening day. We are working as quickly as we can to get this issue resolved.

Thanks for your patience.
Meagan N.

This is all I got from my emails. I'm just glad Denver didn't have a game today or I would be even more pissed.

Jack
09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Anyone getting Sunday Ticket yet?

RaiderH8r
09-11-2011, 02:21 PM
No shit. I so looked forward to not watching the f'ing Foreskins for the afternoon game but apparently Sorny can't wipe their ass without getting shit on their hands.

Swanman
09-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Yep, its fully DTV's fault from searches around the 'net.

Must be IFO's dickin' with the satellite. . .

This is all 100% on DTV. The PS3 feed was awful, but I have the ability to stream it through my laptop or my phone as well and 1) couldn't even get logged in on the DTV website to stream on my laptop and 2) the quality on my phone was unwatchable, even on a 4" screen.

This same thing happened last year, and perhaps it's worse this year. Most everybody missed at least the first half of the noon games last year, seems people missed the entire noon games this year.

For what DTV is charging for the service, if they don't offer partial refunds for this week, you would have to think they are walking right into a class action lawsuit. It is false advertising at its finest, in that 1) you couldn't even watch the games and 2) even if you could, the picture quality is a billion times worse than the HD picture that was advertised.

Swanman
09-11-2011, 03:08 PM
I did read somewhere on the DTV forums that someone heard from a rep that refunds would be offered for week 1 but then there were other reports saying there wouldn't be refunds based on feedback from another rep. As usual, the DTV idiots can't even all have the same story.

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 03:44 PM
The @DIRECTVService team is aware of NFL Sunday Ticket issues and working to resolve. Subscribers will receive a $24.99 credit via PSN.https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation/status/113002865496309760

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2011, 03:56 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation/status/113002865496309760

Sweet. Is that for everyone that purchased it through the PS3?

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 04:05 PM

Yeah, I think anybody who paid $84.99 for it is going to get it. (Not sure about actual Direct TV subscribers who just added a Sunday Ticket plan to their PS3 for free though)

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I think anybody who paid $84.99 for it is going to get it. (Not sure about actual Direct TV subscribers who just added a Sunday Ticket plan to their PS3 for free though)

Nice. I'm watching it right now the SD game with only 1.5mb (I'm getting 10m this Wednesday) and it's ok not buffering at all. So they must've did something to it...

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Nice. I'm watching it right now the SD game with only 1.5mb (I'm getting 10m this Wednesday) and it's ok not buffering at all. So they must've did something to it...

Just checked and it's working perfectly for me right now too. Hope it works like it is right now next week

dannybcaitlyn
09-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Same here. They should have done a test run on a preseason game to work out the bugs instead of screwing us out of the noon games.

Swanman
09-11-2011, 05:32 PM

I believe so. I am screwed because I purchased from Directv to use on my PS3 because I wanted the ability to also stream on my laptop and phone when I wasn't home. Directv is giving some BS line about not being able to issue refunds because we "don't have accounts with Directv" if we only have the online sunday ticket. If they stick by that line of thinking, I hope there is a lawsuit started. You can't take money for services not rendered and use as an excuse that your system isn't able to offer partial refunds.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2011, 05:39 PM
I believe so. I am screwed because I purchased from Directv to use on my PS3 because I wanted the ability to also stream on my laptop and phone when I wasn't home. Directv is giving some BS line about not being able to issue refunds because we "don't have accounts with Directv" if we only have the online sunday ticket. If they stick by that line of thinking, I hope there is a lawsuit started. You can't take money for services not rendered and use as an excuse that your system isn't able to offer partial refunds.

Wait so if you have DTV you will or won't get a credit?

Von Dumbass
09-11-2011, 05:46 PM

I think Playstation is the only one giving out refunds so if you bought it on your PS3 you should get it

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2011, 05:47 PM
I think Playstation is the only one giving out refunds so if you bought it on your PS3 you should get it

Ok thanks.

Swanman
09-11-2011, 05:51 PM

No, I don't have DTV but bought the Sunday Ticket To Go (for use on PS3, laptop and phone) from DTV, not from Sony. So even though I purchased from them, I am not considered to "have an account" with them since I don't subscribe to their tv service.

griZZly64
09-12-2011, 02:01 AM
No, I don't have DTV but bought the Sunday Ticket To Go (for use on PS3, laptop and phone) from DTV, not from Sony. So even though I purchased from them, I am not considered to "have an account" with them since I don't subscribe to their tv service.

How much did you pay? The regular $340?

Swanman
09-12-2011, 05:15 AM
How much did you pay? The regular $340?

Through Directv it was $350. I felt that was reasonable given it was only $10 more than the PS3-only version and allows me to stream through my laptop or phone if I need to.

Von Dumbass
09-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Check your messages on your master account and you should have a message from PSN with a link to click to get your $24.99, I just redeemed mine and got the money added to my wallet.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2011, 10:18 AM
So is it going to hold up today? So far it's working great, the pre game shows look perfect with zero choppiness for me.

Von Dumbass
09-18-2011, 10:20 AM
The RedZone Channel is running flawlessly for me right now.

DaFace
09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
The RedZone Channel is running flawlessly for me right now.

Awesome. Hopefully last week was just an anomaly. As others have mentioned, I have no clue why they wouldn't at least run an active test feed full time the week before the games so that people could try it out and report any issues.

Deberg_1990
09-19-2011, 06:47 AM
This ended up working flawlessly for me yesterday. Every game looked perfect and i had no lag.

Von Dumbass
10-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Anybody get an error message when trying to start the Sunday Ticket App today? It's telling me they are experiencing technical difficulties and to try again later.

EDIT: Got it to work, hope it doesn't mess up later.

cdcox
10-09-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm thinking of going this route next year. Obviously there were major problems in week 1, but I'll be interested in hearing how it works for everyone the rest of the year.

dannybcaitlyn
10-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Some reason mine said it was expired. I did the 84.99 for 4 months. So now in order for me to get it its considering me a new customer and wanting to charge me 113.00 for the next three months.

RaiderH8r
10-09-2011, 11:08 AM
mine is phubar. The hell is this crap? Where do I send the flaming bag of dog shit? One f'ing day a week. ONE. That this thing has to work and DTV/PS3 continues to piss down their legs. Bull. Shit. Pig. F'ers.

Toadkiller
10-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Yep error for me as well. Also tried watching it through the computer and get an error there. You would think they would have this shit down by now.

Jack
11-21-2011, 08:14 AM
After 10 weeks of continuously stuttering and dropping of games on PS3 NFL Sunday Ticket, I am cancelling this abomination. I am fairly certain the problem is solely from the network dimwits on the NFL Sunday ticket side. I have experienced no problems with other PS3 streaming capabilities.

Has anyone had any success with this endeavor?

(The Che-ifs annual letdown for their fans also has something to do with dropping it.)

Chiefs Pantalones
11-21-2011, 08:23 AM
After 10 weeks of continuously stuttering and dropping of games on PS3 NFL Sunday Ticket, I am cancelling this abomination. I am fairly certain the problem is solely from the network dimwits on the NFL Sunday ticket side. I have experienced no problems with other PS3 streaming capabilities.

(The Che-ifs annual letdown for their fans also has something to do with dropping it.)

It's probably your internet connection, or lack thereof. Mine has been flawless every week.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2011, 08:24 AM

Mine has been flawless after the nationwide week 1 debacle. Lovin it so far.

Von Dumbass
11-21-2011, 08:26 AM
It's probably your internet connection, or lack thereof. Mine has been flawless every week.

This.

I have had absolutely no problems since week 1.

Jack
11-21-2011, 08:44 AM
This.

I have had absolutely no problems since week 1.

Hardly. I have three cascaded routers in my home system running the on fastest network available.

Routinely I can stream video to 4 computers, my android phone and PS3 simultaneously with hardly any buffering.

Two weeks ago, I was on the phone with PSN during the Miami game. They were having the same freeze/stuttering problem.

3rd&48ers
11-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Will this be in HD?

Jack
11-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Will this be in HD?

Absolutely.

NFLST will drop to 480, back to 720 then buffer and freeze. Audio sometimes will remain.

I ran Netflix on my android while the game was in progress and didn't drop a frame.

3rd&48ers
11-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Absolutely.

NFLST will drop to 480, back to 720 then buffer and freeze. Audio sometimes will remain.

I ran Netflix on my android while the game was in progress and didn't drop a frame.

I have a 30mb up/down Fios so this should work good for me... I want to dump DTV and get the FIOS tv here

Thanks

Jack
11-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I have a 30mb up/down Fios so this should work good for me... I want to dump DTV and get the FIOS tv here

Thanks

Whats Fios?

DMAC
11-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Flawless for me. Love it.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Whats Fios?

Verizons version of Digital TV, voice and high speed internet. Like AT&T's UVerse and Time Warner, etc...

3rd&48ers
11-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Verizons version of Digital TV, voice and high speed internet. Like AT&T's UVerse and Time Warner, etc...

Actually it's not for me as I described it wrong..

I have Fiber Optic internet but it is not from verizon
I have the 30/30 plan below

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7949/capturebky.jpg

Jack
11-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Actually it's not for me as I described it wrong..

I have Fiber Optic internet but it is not from verizon
I have the 30/30 plan below

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7949/capturebky.jpg

:thumb:
Makes me drool (as does my creeping age).

I live in a rural area near Olympia, WA area. The chances of getting fiber in my remaining life cycle is nil.

3rd&48ers
11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
:thumb:
Makes me drool (as does my creeping age).

I live in a rural area near Olympia, WA area. The chances of getting fiber in my remaining life cycle is nil.

I live in a small town in NC .... I was surprised when I came home one day with a paper hanging on the doorknob.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2011, 09:54 AM
I live in a rural area near Olympia, WA area.

If thats the case, you would probably be better served with getting the Sunday Ticket though Direct TV then.

htismaqe
11-21-2011, 10:05 AM

It's like AT&T's UVerse, yes. Does TW offer fiber optic service? I thought it was all HFC with coax to the home?

Jack
11-21-2011, 10:05 AM
If thats the case, you would probably be better served with getting the Sunday Ticket though Direct TV then.

I had DTV about 7 years back. Really liked it. Comcast had a better deal with higher speeds and good triple package.

Earlier this season I had contemplated getting DTV again since NFLST was free. Then PSN announced it so I went that route.

It is apparent that some have had success with it, but the majority of the folks have the same issues as do I. I looked around the 'Net today and decided it was time to cut my losses. I may look at DTV again next year.

Don't know why I bother since the Chiefs have had 4+ decades of mediocrity. But I have been a fan since they moved from Dallas. Too old to quit now.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2011, 10:09 AM
It's like AT&T's UVerse, yes. Does TW offer fiber optic service? I thought it was all HFC with coax to the home?

YOur probably right about TW. I dont think they offer fiber yet? BUt UVerse is only Fiber to the home in certain newer neighborhoods. Alot of the "Last mile" runs are still copper.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2011, 10:11 AM
It is apparent that some have had success with it, but the majority of the folks have the same issues as do I. I looked around the 'Net today and decided it was time to cut my losses. I may look at DTV again next year.

Well that sucks...maybe its a regional thing?? Im in Texas and it runs and looks great on my PS3.

Von Dumbass
08-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Just called Playstation to ask about Sunday Ticket and the PS3 and they told me that Sunday Ticket will definitely be back on the PS3 this year, and that they will release pricing information in the next week or so.

I also called DirectTV earlier and one representative mentioned it would be $200.

Deberg_1990
08-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Just called Playstation to ask about Sunday Ticket and the PS3 and they told me that Sunday Ticket will definitely be back on the PS3 this year, and that they will release pricing information in the next week or so.

I also called DirectTV earlier and one representative mentioned it would be $200.

Nice. thanks for the update

CoMoChief
08-03-2012, 07:41 AM
$200 to watch a bunch of teams I don't care about?

no thanks.

lcarus
08-03-2012, 08:49 AM
$200 to watch a bunch of teams I don't care about?

no thanks.

I gotta have the Sunday Ticket. Which is sad considering Tulsa isn't far from KC. They always let the Cowboys games trump KC, and now with OU players playing for St. Louis and Minnesota, a lot of time THOSE teams trump the Chiefs too. I can't miss a game in my home. I just can't. I'll pay the fee.

QuikSsurfer
08-03-2012, 09:04 AM

YES!!!

Josh007
08-03-2012, 09:37 AM
But you can't bring your PS3 in the shower!

LTL
08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I gotta have the Sunday Ticket. Which is sad considering Tulsa isn't far from KC. They always let the Cowboys games trump KC, and now with OU players playing for St. Louis and Minnesota, a lot of time THOSE teams trump the Chiefs too. I can't miss a game in my home. I just can't. I'll pay the fee.

Glad you posted this. I moved to Tulsa last December and was wondering if they showed the Chiefs much here. This kinda answers that and as long as PS3 streams the Ticket, that's the way I will go.

Guru
08-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Wish I could just get redzone alone on my ps3.