Mr. Flopnuts - Tebow's Foreskin Moccasins
Sofa King - SeniAL Davis
Hootie - Team Damon Huard
Chiefs Country - Haley Benders
Nzoner - TD's and Beer
DaKCMan AP - DaKCMan AP is Awesome

Sofa King
08-17-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.ikeepadiary.com/diary/2007/2007_07_27.Leighs_23rd_Birthday/images/IMG_1715.jpg

DJ's left nut
08-17-2011, 03:18 PM
http://www.ikeepadiary.com/diary/2007/2007_07_27.Leighs_23rd_Birthday/images/IMG_1715.jpg

Yeah, I'd hit it.

Sofa King
08-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Just reminding everyone that i've got this league chalked up as a 1st place for me.

SNR
08-18-2011, 08:28 AM
My Fantasy Football team made great strides last year, and I'm confident in my kickass abilities to assemble a puppy-raping team.

But that schedule. It's just too tough. There are 5 games at the end there where it's murderous.

Prepare to be overly fearful for nothing when you encounter My Team Needs Another Year. Because if you let us, we will beat you.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm drafting nothing but QB's. Fuck yeah! It's called innovation bitches.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Tebow's Foreskin Moccasins are gonna fuck you up Dawg.

Direckshun
08-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the invite. :p

Nzoner
08-21-2011, 02:57 PM
I'd gladly pay a fine for an endzone celebration in that....:)

TD'S-N-BEER!

Sofa King
08-22-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm drafting nothing but speed. Pure, untalented, no hands speed. Heyward-Bey is as good as mine unless one of you assholes takes him in the top 6.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0166/6686/al_20davis_crop_340x234.jpg

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 11:48 AM
posted this in a thread on the league board:

I won't chirp on this too much, but I do think 1 QB leagues totally devalue the position.

I think the RB/WR spot should be an OP spot (QB, RB, WR, or TE) so teams can start 2 QB's if they so choose.

1 QB leagues make spot starting Matt Cassel acceptable and not drafting a premiere QB good strategy...

I don't understand why people like to start 2010 Willis McGahee praying he'll get a touchdown (because they have no choice otherwise) while Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan are on someone's bench...

I used to love traditional FFL but being a passing league now (more so than when this shot got popular 15 years ago), the game has evolved...12 teams X potential to start 24 QB's (rather than 12) makes things a whole hell of a lot more strategic/competitive/entertaining...

(but all of my other leagues are ran this way so if you guys are against it I won't complain - though I do think you should try out an OP position league one time and I doubt you'd ever want to play a different setting)

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 11:54 AM
all I'm saying it...

a real NFL team starts 1 QB, 1 RB and 2 WR's...

in this league, we have to start at least 24 RB's and 24 WR's...

and then we have to start another combination of 12 RB's or WR's...

yet we only start 12 QB's?

that just doesn't make sense to me...why wouldn't we even it out and start 12 QB's, 24 RB's, 24 WR's and then a combination of 12 more QB's, RB's, WR's or TE's...

doesn't that make more sense?

I just don't like FFL where Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, Kevin Kolb, Jay Cutler, Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez, Colt McCoy, Donovan McNabb, Cam Newton, Kyle Orton, David Garrard, Matt Hasselbeck, Jason Campbell, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chad Henne, Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson, etc. etc. etc. don't even have to be thought of because you only have to start 1 QB.

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 11:57 AM
the ability to start 2 QB's (if you desire) makes everything so much more strategic...

do you play Felix Jones as your flex if he has a good matchup, or do you play it safe and go with Matt Cassel?

etc. etc. etc.

so many more options, so much more strategy, and a much more unpredictable draft...

the way the league is set up now...

there is no other choice then following this: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/livedraftresults?position=ALL

and hoping to hit on some sleepers...

Standard has been studied too much and is way too easy now...OP leagues (where you can start 2 QB's) is what FFL is now...and where it'll be in a few years once everyone realizes the game has evolved.

SNR
08-22-2011, 12:11 PM
the ability to start 2 QB's (if you desire) makes everything so much more strategic...

do you play Felix Jones as your flex if he has a good matchup, or do you play it safe and go with Matt Cassel?

etc. etc. etc.

so many more options, so much more strategy, and a much more unpredictable draft...

there is no other choice then following this: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/livedraftresults?position=ALL

Standard has been studied too much and is way too easy now...OP leagues (where you can start 2 QB's) is what FFL is now...and where it'll be in a few years once everyone realizes the game has evolved.QBs are by far the biggest point scorers. Their production has nothing to do with coaches who limit carries/targets. They're also far less likely to get injured.

Lower-round QBs might be undervalued, but I'm fine with that. I'd much rather see keen fantasy strategy being devoted to finding sleepers at RB, WR, and even TE rather than QB. It's too damn easy to pick a 2nd QB out of one's asshole.

DJ's left nut
08-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Auction leagues are the next era of FFL, IMO.

It will be exceedingly rare that it's ever a good idea to start a WR/RB over a 2nd QB if that's an available option. It doesn't add a lot more strategy, IMO, it just adds another 'must have' style player. At that point, the 2nd QB becomes similar to the 3rd RB to play at the flex spots in the olden days. If you tried to plug a WR in at flex, you may get lucky for a week or 2, but the guys that plugged in an RB there came out well ahead. It would be the same situation here - everyone would be in a scramble to get the best 'flex' QB. I'm not sure you've improved the league, just changed its character.

In a 12 man league, it's absolutely possible to get left holding the bag at QB. If you really want to face an opponent that's throwing Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers while you're left choosing between Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco as your signal caller - more power to you. The QB position goes a legit 9 deep with 3 or 4 'wildcard' QBs that may go off this season. If you're stuck without one, you're boned.

Adding a 2nd QB seems like an attempt to make the league artificially deep - you're essentially trying to make a 24 team league out of a 12-man, at least as it relates to the QB position.

If you want to add strategy, create it as an auction league with a nominal FAAB. Give everyone a short bench and limit weekly roster moves and you'll see plenty of strategy.

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 12:45 PM
well like I said, don't feel like turning it into a debate...

Just looking forward to the typical 19 of the first 25 picks being RB's!!!!!!

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 12:52 PM
I just don't get why QB's are the most important position in the NFL but the least in FFL...

Yeah, a 2 QB league means Rodgers or Vick should probably go #1 and QB's will go early as opposed to late...

which means...more strategy...

do you jump on 3 stud RB's and take a waiver on having Kolb and Stafford (or Cassel) etc. while someone else lands a Brady/Manning combo?

LOTS TO THINK ABOUT

opposed to the...

oh yay, lets take all the RB's in the first 3 rounds and then go from there...

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 12:54 PM
don't get me wrong, I've played probably a thousand traditional FFL leagues in my day...just a little boring to spend your first 3 picks on RB's (maybe even 4) and then trying to guess WR sleepers after that and settling with a McNabb, Cassel, Kolb rotation...

Rinse, wash, repeat.

No strategy, no thinking...just who will land the 2010 Foster, McFadden etc etc etc

SNR
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
well like I said, don't feel like turning it into a debate...

Just looking forward to the typical 19 of the first 25 picks being RB's!!!!!!I usually don't employ that strategy, but whatever.

Sofa King
08-22-2011, 02:12 PM
2 QB's in a 6 pts per passing TD league?

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 02:57 PM
2 QB's in a 6 pts per passing TD league?

knock it down to 4, if that's really a concern

spinoff...

how many of you have ever done an OP league?

DJ's left nut
08-22-2011, 03:22 PM
knock it down to 4, if that's really a concern

spinoff...

how many of you have ever done an OP league?

I did one and the guy that owned the league was a guy sitting at the 6 spot that just grabbed Brady and Rodgers in R1 and R2 and proceeded to destroy the league.

It's not that there's more strategy - it's just different strategy. And how is it any different chasing a 'sleeper' QB (as Rodgers would've been 2 seasons ago) vs. chasing a 'sleeper' RB? Suddenly Josh Freeman would've replaced Arian Foster as the league changer last season.

It doesn't fundamentally change any aspect of the game, apart from the fact that it makes a different category the 'darling' picks. You say "well have fun picking RBs in the first round", well under the dual QB system, everyone will just snap up QBs instead, at least that's how it ran in the league I was in.

I'm not going to stomp my feet either way; I just found that the OP league wasn't any better, just different.

Like I said - better league = auction draft, but that's a pretty massive change this close to the draft.

Pestilence
08-22-2011, 03:25 PM
I might have to try and get into a free Auction draft this year. I've never done one before and it looks interesting.

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 08:07 PM
well DJ then your league was ignorant...in 2 QB format Brady and Rodgers are, at the very least, top 10 picks...

and what's wrong with the first wave of QB's going 8 out of the 1st 10? Why is it ok for RB's to do that but not QB's?

QB's are more important in the real NFL, and they are less injury prone so you usually don't get fucked taking Rodgers 1st where Marshall Faulk injury back in the day and your team is done and you might as well stop looking...

The current format is severely flawed...but no one likes change so no one is willing to admit it...

the people that I change over to OP leagues have ALWAYS enjoyed them more...always.

the ones who are ignorant and go in with 1 QB strategy in a 2 QB leagues are the only ones that don't like it...because they didn't know to adapt...

the OP league you were in where someone got Rodgers at 6 and Brady at 17 (or something)...that's just shows the lack of experience in that league...

Let me link the draft board for us in our 12 team, OP league from last year...

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 08:08 PM
(It's zoomable)

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4413/skeetboard.jpg

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 08:09 PM
that was also a PPR league with all receiver TD's being worth 8 rather than 6 for RB's and QB's...

40+ and 50+ yard TD's got 3 bonus points and there were bonuses for 300 yard, 100 yard games (QB's and RB/WR/TE)

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 08:09 PM
so in my league...there were 6 QB's, 4 RB's and 2 WR's taken in the 1st round (last year)...

Seems a lot more fair, doesn't it?

Seems to be a lot more strategy, right?

(It was also a keeper league)

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2011, 08:10 PM
and Rodgers went 2 and Brady went 7th so the scenario DJ brought up is flawed because he played in a league that didn't know how to handle 2 QB's (because they didn't study enough, or lacked experience)...

Sorry, truth is truth. 2 QB leagues are tomorrow...1 QB leagues are not where it is at anymore.

KurtCobain
08-22-2011, 10:54 PM

etc. etc. etc.

Standard has been studied too much and is way too easy now...OP leagues (where you can start 2 QB's) is what FFL is now...and where it'll be in a few years once everyone realizes the game has evolved.

Come play in my league then. 2 Qbs.

Sofa King
08-23-2011, 08:51 AM
(It's zoomable)

You have QB's like Henne going in the 5th.............

That's desperation, not strategy..... Forcing players to draft QB's way too early isn't a good thing.

Sofa King
08-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Come play in my league then. 2 Qbs.

Stop trolling our thread bitch.

Pestilence
08-23-2011, 09:21 AM
(It's zoomable)

Who won the championship? I'd be interested in seeing how they drafted.

Short Leash Hootie
08-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Who won the championship? I'd be interested in seeing how they drafted.

I drafted 12th and was the points winner and regular season champ...but then I finished 4th and the team listed under "Biuts!" won it all...he traded Roethlisberger and someone else halfway through for Adrian Peterson (to a team that wanted Roethlisberger as a keeper with a 6th round draft status)...

In the keeper league...you lose the pick of the player you keep where he was drafted the year prior (so if you keep Roeth you lose a 6th in 2011, 5th in 2012, etc.. for how many years he's kept)...

Short Leash Hootie
08-23-2011, 10:47 AM
You have QB's like Henne going in the 5th.............

That's desperation, not strategy..... Forcing players to draft QB's way too early isn't a good thing.

Henne was a sleeper QB last year if you remember bro...

this was 2010, not 2011

Short Leash Hootie
08-23-2011, 10:49 AM
and as a quick rebuttal to that...

we had RB's like Justin Forsett going in the 5th, too...

you can try and debate this all you'd like...but clearly that draft board is evidence that a 2 QB league requires more thought, more preparation, more strategy and makes for a BETTER FFL league...

the ones that are against it are the ones that don't understand it or have never tried it...

I will never understand 1 QB leagues anymore...devalues the position and just turns into a RB frenzy...shit, Larry Johnson might warrant a draft selection in 1 QB leagues

Nzoner
08-24-2011, 09:15 AM
don't get me wrong, I've played probably a thousand traditional FFL leagues in my day...just a little boring to spend your first 3 picks on RB's (maybe even 4) and then trying to guess WR sleepers after that and settling with a McNabb, Cassel, Kolb rotation...

Rinse, wash, repeat.

No strategy, no thinking...just who will land the 2010 Foster, McFadden etc etc etc

Sorry man then you've been playing with a bunch of dumbasses.In 1999 I had the 12th pick in a 12 man traditional league and took Randy Moss at 12 and Torry Holt at 13 because in my opinion they were the best players on the board and although I had quite a season rotating my starting scrub rb's based on match-ups my first two picks being wr had seasons that carried me to the championship.

The days of jumping on all rb's are in any kind of league are long gone because rbbc is now an NFL standard for most of the teams,so no way am I buying your argument unless you're in a league where owners don't think outside the box.

Pestilence
08-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Sorry man then you've been playing with a bunch of dumbasses.In 1999 I had the 12th pick in a 12 man traditional league and took Randy Moss at 12 and Torry Holt at 13 because in my opinion they were the best players on the board and although I had quite a season rotating my starting scrub rb's based on match-ups my first two picks being wr had seasons that carried me to the championship.

The days of jumping on all rb's are in any kind of league are long gone because rbbc is now an NFL standard for most of the teams,so no way am I buying your argument unless you're in a league where owners don't think outside the box.

This.

I hardly take RBs in the top 3 rounds....unless a top one falls or I have a high pick.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2011, 11:45 AM

well no shit...

I've been saying that for three years...I never take premiere RB's, I always go the WR route because they are fantasy definites and RB's are always fantasy maybes...

not the point...look at that draft board and tell me that's not a more strategic/equal position value league...compared to traditional leagues...

seriously...look at the live draft results on ESPN right now in 1 QB traditional leagues:

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/livedraftresults

there really is no argument...the only people who argue are ones who haven't played an OP league or didn't fair well in one because they didn't adjust strategies...

P.S. In a 1 QB league 2 years ago I had the #1 pick overall in a PPR league and took Larry Fitzgerald over AP...I thought Fitzgerald was going to have a Marvin Harrison like 140 receptions, 1800 yards, 18 TD type season...didn't happen but trust me, I don't take RB's early unless the value is there and I reach like crazy because in FFL I don't think reaching exists...

and I fair quite well

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2011, 11:46 AM
only 5 QB's in the 1st 4 rounds...

1 QB leagues are watered down FFL for the lazy...for the people who don't like to research or think.

Nzoner
08-24-2011, 10:38 PM
only 5 QB's in the 1st 4 rounds...

1 QB leagues are watered down FFL for the lazy...for the people who don't like to research or think.

Dude you're still basing this on a bunch of ESPN free league geeks who don't think outside the box.I could give two shits whether you believe me or not but I am in 2 local competitive cash traditional leagues and they're full of guys who research and think and it works for us.

I already told you on the message board that was I was willing to try a 2qb league but please get off the focking high horse that you're the only one who knows anything about FF and what's competitive/challenging or not.

Pestilence
08-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Question for Hootie:

In the league where you start 2 QBs........how much do you deduct for INTs?

Nzoner
08-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Question for Hootie:

we deduct 3 because any fool knows that if you do your research some qb's are more prone to int's than others,thus this makes the first couple of rounds of the draft so challenging because you have to look at schedules thru the full 13 weeks of FFL play and calculate the points you could lose overall.This is not for the lazy or feeble minded,it takes real FF accumen to survive in such a league.The traditional -1 or even -2 is a thing of the past,any lazy non-thinking FF owner can draft and win playing the game like that. :D

Pestilence
08-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Ehhh.....I usually don't read 100% of what he posts.

Sofa King
08-25-2011, 10:08 AM

I have a feeling if we don't go to 2 QB's (which i assume we won't), hootie is gonna bitch all year long.

Nzoner
08-25-2011, 10:27 AM

Dude,I typed that :D

I just made it look like him to bust his balls

Nzoner
08-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I have a feeling if we don't go to 2 QB's (which i assume we won't), hootie is gonna bitch all year long.

He'll have a perfect excuse IF he doesn't win.

Pestilence
08-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Dude,I typed that :D

I just made it look like him to bust his balls

Good job....it sounded exactly like him.

Sofa King
08-25-2011, 10:37 AM

He better do some research. There's nothing i hate more than dumbass, ill informed, untrained, stupid, rookie, amateur members of MY free fun based Fantasy Football leagues.

Damn those people.

Short Leash Hootie
08-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Question for Hootie:

-2, per standard

in my league last year, the top scorer (by over 100 points) was Arian Foster...

then you get the top tier wave of QB's...

no doubt QB's are valuable constants...BUT...that's how the real NFL works, too...

will never understand 1 QB leagues anymore...I'll play them, but I know they aren't as fun/competitve/or strategic as OP leagues

Short Leash Hootie
08-25-2011, 11:33 AM
it's fine...

I won't bitch...

check my ESPN profile...I've been playing Fantasy Football on ESPN since 2000...when I was 14 (stealing my Mom's CC to buy teams)

I've played 1 QB leagues all my life up until 3 years ago...then I was enlightened

it's not like I can't play 1 or 2 (without bitching)

I'm just trying to broaden your horizons like mine were 3 years ago...to show you the REAL WAY to play FFL :)

Short Leash Hootie
08-25-2011, 11:34 AM

well

1 QB leagues boil down to 50% skill, 50% luck

it's not fantasy baseball (80% skill, 20% luck)

so..

even the best (me) lose from time to time ;)

SNR
08-26-2011, 11:24 AM
TEs in FF are so fucking undervalued.

REAL men play in leagues where TEs get points for pancake blocks, and they score 1 point for every 5 yards receiving. Oh, and did I mention all the leagues I've played in the last 3 years are 2 TE leagues?

It makes it so unless you do your homework on your sleeper TEs, there's no way you will win the league. It equalizes the TE's value, and rewards players who get crafty and draft TEs early.

This is the future of fantasy football. I'm just telling you right now. Good players who are crafty with strategy and their abilities to find good benches will love 2 TE leagues.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2011, 11:25 AM
WTF is going on in here?

LMAO

SNR
08-26-2011, 11:27 AM
I got Jermichael Finley and picked up Greg Olsen and Aaron Hernandez as my rotational 2/bench spots. I'm looking great right now. I've got a top 3 (possibly THE top) TE in fantasy at a premium value, and my bench is filled with a guy like Hernandez who thrives on yards, and Greg Olsen, an end zone threat on a team with a shakey QB who needs a safety blanket.

All I can say is come at me, bro. I'm going all the way.

SNR
08-26-2011, 11:35 AM
It might be smart to take Antonio Gates in the first round and back him up with a bottom-of-the-good-list guy like Owen Daniels. You'll have your bets covered in case Gates's injury is more serious than it is, and you can probably trade Daniels midseason for bookoo value

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Alright, after reading the thread...

As I've said before, I'd like this to become a long-term league. So AFAIK, we can vote on literally every component of the setup.

I'm perfectly content with making it an auction league, if the majority wants it that way.

I'm content modifying scoring based on what you guys want.

Same with starters/bench.

However, if we're going to make any changes, we need to get on the ball. The draft is just under two weeks away.

Detoxing
08-26-2011, 11:50 AM
I've been playing FF for about...fuck I don't know....10 years maybe? Maybe more?

BUT

I've always stuck to standard type rules.

So yeah, if we're doing Auction type leagues or two QB leagues, it'd be nice if you fuckers would make up your minds since I have nice learning curve here to deal with.

Shag
08-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Alright, after reading the thread...

As I've said before, I'd like this to become a long-term league. So AFAIK, we can vote on literally every component of the setup.

I'm perfectly content with making it an auction league, if the majority wants it that way.

I'm content modifying scoring based on what you guys want.

Same with starters/bench.

However, if we're going to make any changes, we need to get on the ball. The draft is just under two weeks away.

As someone who's not involved in this league, but has been playing fantasy for many years, I'd suggest you guys go to an auction draft. I've been in one auction league for the past 6 years, and it's WAY more fun than the standard style drafting. It also incorporates a whole lot more draft-day strategy, and allows any owner to get any player, if they're willing to pay the price. It can be a bit intimidating at first, but it's vastly superior to serpentine drafting, IMHO.

And let me know if you need another owner... :)

Mr. Flopnuts
08-26-2011, 12:09 PM
I'll make this easy. I don't give a shit. I'm going to own you bitches!

Mr. Flopnuts
08-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Obligatory :)

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty much cool with whatever.

Detoxing
08-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Im curious to try the Auction League. Seems like it would be a lot more fun.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Current Owners - Please Read

Please indicate your preferences to the following suggestions via this thread, or by PM.

Draft:

Serpentine or Auction.

Scoring:

Standard (1/25 yards, 6/TD for QB) (1/10 yards rushing/receiving)

Standard plus bonuses for 300/400 yards passing or 150/200 yards rushing

Standard plus double bonuses - above plus long play bonus

Other

Roster:

I think we're set with 18 roster spots. Need to determine starters. Choose one. "Flex" is RB/WR only.

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/K/DEF

QB/QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF

QB/QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/K/DEF

Please make any other suggestions in this thread.

Also, PLEASE state your preferences by Wednesday, August 31. This gives everyone at least a week to plan in the event we make major changes.

SNR
08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
No real preference for draft type. I do both regularly. Go ahead and put me down for serpentine just because I'm doing 3 other auction leagues.

I strongly prefer standard scoring with 6/TD for rushing and receiving and only 4/TD for passing. QBs are valuable, yeah, but bloated scoring outings (40+ weeks) are just fucking annoying.

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/K/DEF <-- This one

Nzoner
08-26-2011, 12:37 PM

Please indicate your preferences to the following suggestions via this thread, or by PM.

Draft:

Serpentine or Auction.

Scoring:

Standard (1/25 yards, 6/TD for QB) (1/10 yards rushing/receiving)

Standard plus bonuses for 300/400 yards passing or 150/200 yards rushing

Other

Roster:

I think we're set with 18 roster spots. Need to determine starters. Choose one. "Flex" is RB/WR only.

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF

Please make any other suggestions in this thread.

Also, PLEASE state your preferences by Wednesday, August 31. This gives everyone at least a week to plan in the event we make major changes.

As much as I'd love to try new things I'm voting we keep it as is because I'm just too damn busy to even try and think of starting over in any area this close to all my drafts.

Just making sure that the yardage is 17 yds=1.7 points right?

Lastly I realize this is a democracy so if I get voted down on this I'll do my best to adapt and promise not to bitch.

Pestilence
08-26-2011, 12:41 PM
How long does a usual auction draft last?

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2011, 12:48 PM
As much as I'd love to try new things I'm voting we keep it as is because I'm just too damn busy to even try and think of starting over in any area this close to all my drafts.

Just making sure that the yardage is 17 yds=1.7 points right?

Lastly I realize this is a democracy so if I get voted down on this I'll do my best to adapt and promise not to bitch.

Yes.

.04 points per passing yard and .10 points per rushing/receiving yard.

ChiefsCountry
08-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Snake Draft
Standard scoring

Sofa King
08-26-2011, 12:56 PM
How long does a usual auction draft last?

Quite long judging by the mock auction drafts i've done in the past.

Pestilence
08-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Quite long judging by the mock auction drafts i've done in the past.

Fuck that then. Maybe next year.

Pestilence
08-26-2011, 12:58 PM

Draft:

Serpentine

Scoring:

Roster:

These.

Sofa King
08-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Standard Scoring with bonuses for big games (150 rushing, 300 passing, TD plays of long distances)

QB RB RB WR WR FLEX TE K DEF

QB TD's worth 4

Serpentine

But i'm open to any and all changes. It truly doesn't matter much to me. It'll be a hell of a lot of fun any way we do it.

Sofa King
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Why did the DEF points get dropped so much? Makes DEF about worthless.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Why did the DEF points get dropped so much? Makes DEF about worthless.

:hmmm:

I haven't changed them that I'm aware of.

They should be set as playmaking scoring mostly, nothing for yardage, and tiered points for points allowed.

Sofa King
08-26-2011, 02:15 PM
:hmmm:

I haven't changed them that I'm aware of.

They should be set as playmaking scoring mostly, nothing for yardage, and tiered points for points allowed.

"Changed scoring category 0 points allowed from 10 to 5 points.
Changed scoring category 1-6 points allowed from 7 to 4 points.
Changed scoring category 7-13 points allowed from 5 to 3 points.
Changed scoring category 14-17 points allowed from 2 to 1 points."

From the site. Someone changed them.

Pestilence
08-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Wait....so the defense doesn't get points if they hold a team to 13?

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2011, 02:45 PM
"Changed scoring category 0 points allowed from 10 to 5 points.
Changed scoring category 1-6 points allowed from 7 to 4 points.
Changed scoring category 7-13 points allowed from 5 to 3 points.
Changed scoring category 14-17 points allowed from 2 to 1 points."

From the site. Someone changed them.

That's not right. It must have changed them to some sort of default when I set it up for fractional scoring.

I'll fix it.

Detoxing
08-26-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm down for whatever. BRING IT ON!!!111111

DeezNutz
08-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Serpentine and standard scoring are my preferences.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Snake Draft
Standard scoring

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Early returns looks like snake draft, 9 starters/9bench players and standard scoring is preferred.

Take a look at the settings on the league page and make sure everything looks right, please.

Pestilence
08-27-2011, 10:52 AM
I didnt see anything about PPR.....did I miss something?

Sofa King
08-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I didnt see anything about PPR.....did I miss something?

I was pretty sure this isn't a PPR. I think they said that from the start.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I was pretty sure this isn't a PPR. I think they said that from the start.

This.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm just looking forward to saying "Tebow's Foreskin Moccasins just fucked you up dawg!"

Short Leash Hootie
08-28-2011, 10:17 AM
good

I'm glad everyone wants standard scoring

lmao

and that TE argument was the dumbest thing I've ever read...but good try

Sofa King
08-28-2011, 11:41 AM
good

I'm glad everyone wants standard scoring

lmao

and that TE argument was the dumbest thing I've ever read...but good try

I believe that was sarcasm that you clearly missed.

Short Leash Hootie
08-28-2011, 01:20 PM
I believe that was sarcasm that you clearly missed.

no it was sarcasm...

I know that

it was just dumb as shit

he was trying to replace my argument with TE's rather than QB's and that makes no sense whatsoever

it was a bad attempt to make me look stupid...because the sarcasm didn't work

I don't see the best collegiate TE being taken 1st overall on a year to year basis...or best TE prospect

1 QB leagues are watered down fantasy football...plain and simple...but since the n00bs in this league all want STANDARD SCORING I'll be fine and dandy with it...

not all black and white movies are bad, some are quite entertaining...I certainly prefer color and HD...but that doesn't mean I don't dabble in some outdated shit!

Sofa King
08-29-2011, 07:20 AM
no it was sarcasm...

I know that

it was just dumb as shit

he was trying to replace my argument with TE's rather than QB's and that makes no sense whatsoever

I don't see the best collegiate TE being taken 1st overall on a year to year basis...or best TE prospect

1 QB leagues are watered down fantasy football...plain and simple...but since the n00bs in this league all want STANDARD SCORING I'll be fine and dandy with it...

not all black and white movies are bad, some are quite entertaining...I certainly prefer color and HD...but that doesn't mean I don't dabble in some outdated shit!

You're gonna complain all year aren't you.

I know you said no you won't once, but i sense misplaced anger.

For fun leagues are fun.

Short Leash Hootie
08-29-2011, 08:49 AM
I needed Curtis Granderson to do one thing yesterday...not hit 2 home runs or get 4 RBI's...

he did both

I lost out on fantasy baseball playoffs by 0.5 games

I'll bitch when I want

Pestilence
08-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Great.....this should be a joy.

I would have won if we were playing two QBs!!!!1!111!1

Sofa King
08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Great.....this should be a joy.

I would have won if we were playing two QBs!!!!1!111!1

You damn n00bs don't know how to play THUPER THERIOUS FREE FANTASY FOOTBALL!

Short Leash Hootie
08-29-2011, 01:53 PM
well I have my doubts, I'll tell you that

anyone that prefers standard scoring and 4 point QB TD's has played FFL maybe twice in their life

OnTheWarpath58
08-29-2011, 02:02 PM

anyone that prefers standard scoring and 4 point QB TD's has played FFL maybe twice in their life

We've talked about this.

If you want to be part of the league, it's time to quit whining and play.

If you want to continue to whine, then I'll find another owner. I offered you a spot because you said you really wanted to play regardless of the format and wouldn't bitch. All you've done since is bitch.

I'd like to go to an auction format, but that's not happening. And you won't hear another peep from me about it. Majority rules.

So if you'd like to stay in the league, zip it about the rules. Otherwise, I'll find another owner. I'm cool either way.

You decide.

SNR
08-29-2011, 02:18 PM
We've talked about this.

If you want to continue to whine, then I'll find another owner. I offered you a spot because you said you really wanted to play regardless of the format and wouldn't bitch. All you've done since is bitch.

I'd like to go to an auction format, but that's not happening. And you won't hear another peep from me about it. Majority rules.

So if you'd like to stay in the league, zip it about the rules. Otherwise, I'll find another owner. I'm cool either way.

You decide.Dude, he's not whining. He's graciously stepping down from the heavens to play retarded people fantasy football. After playing pool with the planets with his supernatural buddies this will be totally boring and predictable, and he'll beat the shit out of all of us, but he'll grit through it. Because he's a nice guy.

SNR
08-29-2011, 02:22 PM
no it was sarcasm...

I know that

it was just dumb as shit

If you don't win the league this year you're going to look like a huuuuge tool. An even bigger one than you look like right now.

Short Leash Hootie
08-29-2011, 02:36 PM
If you don't win the league this year you're going to look like a huuuuge tool. An even bigger one than you look like right now.

how so?

FFL is 50% skill and 50% luck in traditional, standard scoring leagues

it caters to n00bs, that's my only point

Short Leash Hootie
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
We've talked about this.

You decide.

Oh I want to play...

I wish people weren't so naive about the OP (and really the entire QB position)...

but I'm over it...

no one has made one good argument why there shouldn't be 2 QB's in FFL other than me who has shown posts full of evidence on how it makes the league more competitive...but since it's coming from me all anyone wanted to do is pile on...

so consider it a dead issue...

OnTheWarpath58
08-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Oh I want to play...

I wish people weren't so naive about the OP (and really the entire QB position)...

but I'm over it...

no one has made one good argument why there shouldn't be 2 QB's in FFL other than me who has shown posts full of evidence on how it makes the league more competitive...but since it's coming from me all anyone wanted to do is pile on...

so consider it a dead issue...

First, I don't think anyone needs to explain why they prefer certain formats or scoring over another. The vote is all that matters.

Two, I'm holding you to the bold. Not a peep about scoring, rules, format, rosters, playoffs, getting beat because Steven Gostkowski kicked four 50-yard FG's and threw a TD pass on a fake.

Nothing.

Otherwise, adios. We're all in this to have fun.

We cool?

Pestilence
08-29-2011, 02:46 PM
no one has made one good argument why there shouldn't be 2 QB's in FFL

The majority voted that way.......fucking deal with it.

But I'm sure we'll hear you bitch about it later.....so whatever.

"He only won because of luck.....he's just a n00b."

Nzoner
08-29-2011, 03:56 PM

Have you even read the scoring rules?

Short Leash Hootie
08-29-2011, 04:04 PM
I won't say another word about it...sorry for bringing anything up...and for pestilence...I don't bitch about losing in a free fantasy football league so calm down for crying out loud.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Short Leash Hootie
08-29-2011, 04:06 PM
And I smack talk...it's half the fun...they'll be plenty of n00bs flying around I will try not to hurt any feelings!!!!!

OnTheWarpath58
08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
And I smack talk...it's half the fun...they'll be plenty of n00bs flying around I will try not to hurt any feelings!!!!!

Smack talk is fine.

Whining about rules is not.

Fair enough?

Short Leash Hootie
08-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Was trying to make my case...case closed...the pile on in this thread was against me...not the other way around! Im ok with standard scoring was just trying to spice things up a bit..

Sofa King
08-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Let's get this thread back on track.

2 things.

1. I'm drafting Eli Manning in the first. I figure 1 Manning has to play like a stud, and since Peyton's hurt, it's either Eli or Archie.

2. I'm going to crush you all.

3. I am also going to draft McCluster just so i can waive him.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Let's get this thread back on track.

2 things.

1. I'm drafting Eli Manning in the first. I figure 1 Manning has to play like a stud, and since Peyton's hurt, it's either Eli or Archie.

2. I'm going to crush you all.

3. I am also going to draft McCluster just so i can waive him.

1.) If you had any balls at all, you'd draft Cooper.

Sofa King
08-30-2011, 08:31 AM
1.) If you had any balls at all, you'd draft Cooper.

I'll draft him with my 1b pick. (Flopnuts is trading me his 1st and 3rd for my 2nd and 15th.)

He doesn't like those big money high round selections.

Nzoner
08-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Was trying to make my case...case closed...the pile on in this thread was against me...not the other way around! Im ok with standard scoring was just trying to spice things up a bit..

Before we close it I just wanted to say I was looking at a mock draft at rotoworld and there were only 3 qb's taken in the first 3 rounds of a 12 man league,again just to be clear even though my local cash leagues play 1 qb this would never happen,in fact there's usually 3 qb's gone in the 1st round and 6-7 by round 2.

My point being that even though some of us play in traditional leagues not all of us approach it with traditonal strategy.

Short Leash Hootie
08-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I know all leagues have different runs...I just know that it evens out positions and makes the draft more strategic and unpredictable in OP leagues...it is just fact. I'm ok playing traditional...just felt like the pile on and TE gimmick was simply because it was me posting...I still believe in less than 5 years OP leagues will be standard.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2011, 02:02 PM
We've talked about this.

You decide.

Slow down there, turbo - has 'majority ruled' on the auction format? I just didn't think there was any interest in it, so I dropped it.

I'm game for an auction setup so long as I get about 3 days to prepare for it.

Anyone else interested in it? I really think it's the way to go. If you abandon your program, you can absolutely screw yourself in a hurry (I ended up dropping 1/3 of my budget on Beanie Wells and Ryan Grant last year and hated it the moment I did it because I price controlled once and panicked a 2nd time; absolutely putrid draft that was saved only by Tom Brady, Greg Jennings, Peyton Hillis and Darren McFadden).

The auction drafts really allow for some variability in draft strategy.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Slow down there, turbo - has 'majority ruled' on the auction format? I just didn't think there was any interest in it, so I dropped it.

I'm game for an auction setup so long as I get about 3 days to prepare for it.

Anyone else interested in it? I really think it's the way to go. If you abandon your program, you can absolutely screw yourself in a hurry (I ended up dropping 1/3 of my budget on Beanie Wells and Ryan Grant last year and hated it the moment I did it because I price controlled once and panicked a 2nd time; absolutely putrid draft that was saved only by Tom Brady, Greg Jennings, Peyton Hillis and Darren McFadden).

The auction drafts really allow for some variability in draft strategy.

I'd prefer auction as well, and I'm kicking myself for not just making it an auction draft to begin with.

But by my count, we have 7 owners that voted serpentine, you and I that prefer auction, Flop and Detox saying "whatever" and Hootie not mentioning a preference.

So at best, it's 7-5 in favor of a snake draft.

Short Leash Hootie
08-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Auction, but somewhat indifferent.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Auction, but somewhat indifferent.

So like I said, we're at 7-5 in favor of snake.

DJ, if you can convince two owners to change their mind by Thursday, we'll do it.

That gives everyone a full week to get up to speed.

Pestilence
08-30-2011, 03:11 PM
How long does an auction draft usually take? Anyone know?

Sofa King
08-30-2011, 03:14 PM

You on a tight schedule?

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Deja vu.

Pestilence
08-30-2011, 03:18 PM
You on a tight schedule?

Dude....I've got three kids and a cripple wife at home right now.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 03:21 PM

What's wrong with S?

Send me a PM if you don't want the world to know.

Pestilence
08-30-2011, 03:24 PM
It's cool man. She had knee surgery about 3 weeks ago. So its kind of hard to just assume that she can handle 3 kids while I draft a fantasy football team for a long period of time.

Sofa King
08-30-2011, 03:27 PM
It's cool man. She had knee surgery about 3 weeks ago. So its kind of hard to just assume that she can handle 3 kids while I draft a fantasy football team for a long period of time.

http://www.bagofnothing.com/uploaded_images/cagesubmit-756383.jpeg

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 03:31 PM

http://www.bagofnothing.com/uploaded_images/cagesubmit-756383.jpeg

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Shit, I thought I made it late enough on the West Coast that those of you with little kids could get them to bed. My bad.

Pestilence
What makes that even more hilarious is the fact that I have two dog kennels and I'm always having to pull my kids away from them.

Pestilence
Shit, I thought I made it late enough on the West Coast that those of you with little kids could get them to bed. My bad.

I'll make it work either way.

Just to try something new....I'll vote for an auction draft.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Ours took a couple of hours last season.

The last 4 or 5 rounds flew by. Most guys just nominate the player they want when their 'turn' comes up. There might be one or 2 bids, but not much beyond that. In that case, they'd pick their player, nominate him and within about 30 seconds the bidding is over and the player is selected.

Part of the strategy is deciding who you want to nominate when your turn comes up because the prices change immensely based on when/how they go. I was dead certain I was going to get Arian Foster cheap last season but then someone nominated him with the 2nd pick. Everyone was still loaded w/ acquisition budget so he ended up going for about $30. It turned out to be a screaming bargain, but LeSean McCoy stayed under the radar and went for $16, which is about what I figured would happen w/ Foster when I dropped out of the bidding for him (unfortunately, due to the absolutely insanely stupid Beanie Wells price enforcment gamble, I had spent up my budget and couldn't get McCoy...like I said, worst draft ever).

The first 8-10 rounds take longer than a standard snake draft, but a lot of the bidding wars die off after the starters are settled.

Do an auction draft and I don't think you'll be interested in a snake re-draft ever again. I like snake drafts for keeper leagues, but in a re-draft league, the auction really is the way to go. It's nowhere near as prone to the whims of the draft order (even though I got a cush spot at #3) and it requires some serious improvisational skills to excel, especially if things do not go as you expected (skills I clearly lacked last season).

And the in-season moves are more intriguing as well. We started with a $100 FAAB (free agent acquisition budget) where you got to put in your silent bid on any player when the weekend was over. On tuesday, the bids were processed and if you won, you got the player for the amount you bid. If nobody bids on a guy, you can grab him for $1 when the waiver period expires. I also gave out an additional $5 each weak for the highest and lowest score, but that was just a wrinkle I decided to screw around with.

Like I said, I suggest that everyone gives at least one of them a shot. They're very unique animals and each draft is very very different, as opposed to snake drafts which have so much information out there anymore that they tend to follow similar patterns.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Hey Warpath: Any opposition to posting the CP handles that go with the teams? It would be interesting to see who's ass I'm kicking each week...

Detoxing
08-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Alright. I'll vote Auction. There. From Whatever to Auction. I've never done it before but it sounds a helluva lot more fun then a standard snake draft.

But please, FFS, gimme some time to prep. I've never done this type of draft before.

Pestilence
08-30-2011, 04:45 PM
So basically you have a draft slot....and you nominate a player in your given spot?

Fuck it....I'll vote for an auction draft.

Pestilence
08-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Hey Warpath: Any opposition to posting the CP handles that go with the teams? It would be interesting to see who's ass I'm kicking each week...

If I get the list....I'll update the OP.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2011, 04:46 PM
{points to license hanging on wall}

Goddamn I'm good.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2011, 04:48 PM
So basically you have a draft slot....and you nominate a player in your given spot?

Fuck it....I'll vote for an auction draft.

Exactly.

Your turn to 'pick' comes up, you nominate a player and then it's a free for all. You can bid things up $1 at a time or plug in a dollar amount and jump it up to that figure as well. I don't think you can 'autobid' like on Ebay or anything.

Pestilence
08-30-2011, 04:49 PM
How much money do you generally start with?

DJ's left nut
08-30-2011, 04:52 PM
How much money do you generally start with?

$200 is the standard w/ $100 for the season in FAAB.

Pestilence
08-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Does any of that money carry over if you don't use it during the draft?

Detoxing
08-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Does any of that money carry over if you don't use it during the draft?

Yeah. You use it to buy hookers and blow. And Hookers that blow. And Blow that hooks.

You get the point.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 05:17 PM

I honestly don't know all of them - I meant to keep track during the "invite" phase, and forgot.

Here's what I do know.

OTW58 - 40 Pound Box of Rape
Pestilence - Bukkake Tsunami
DJ's Left Nut - Operation Dicksledge
Mr. Flopnuts - Tebow's Foreskin Moccasins
Sofa King - SeniAL Davis
Hootie - Team Damon Huard
Chiefs Country - Haley Benders
Nzoner - TD's and Beer
DaKCMan AP - DaKCMan AP is Awesome

Alright. I'll vote Auction. There. From Whatever to Auction. I've never done it before but it sounds a helluva lot more fun then a standard snake draft.

But please, FFS, gimme some time to prep. I've never done this type of draft before.

Me either. But like I said before, this decision must be made by Friday. I want to give everyone a full week (at least) to plan.

If I get the list....I'll update the OP.

See above. All I have. Can't remember the rest.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
{points to license hanging on wall}

Goddamn I'm good.

We're deadlocked at 6. I was already counting the "whatevers" as willing to play auction-style.

You need to convert 1 more.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 05:24 PM
IF we end up switching to an auction format, I'd highly recommend those of you that have never drafted via auction use the mock draft lobby on ESPN.

Nzoner
08-30-2011, 05:46 PM

You on a tight schedule?

I'm on 3 separate work deadlines,have 2 local fantasy drafts this weekend to still prepare for and before we draft Wednesday have to pack for a trip to Flagstaff/Vegas and be at the airport Thursday morning.

Sorry,as stated before I'd love to try auction sometime just not this year.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm on 3 separate work deadlines,have 2 local fantasy drafts this weekend to still prepare for and before we draft Wednesday have to pack for a trip to Flagstaff/Vegas and be at the airport Thursday morning.

Sorry,as stated before I'd love to try auction sometime just not this year.

If we get another vote for auction, are you sticking around, or bailing out?

SNR
08-30-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm "My Team Needs Another Year"

I'm going to model it after Scott Pioli's Chiefs in every way I possibly can

SNR
08-30-2011, 06:01 PM
I gotta say, I'm going to stick with snake draft for this year as well. I do auction leagues all the time, but I've been doing mock drafts for my 12th slot. My vote stays.

If the vote is overturned and we do auction count me still in.

Also, I'm in favor of the FAA budget during the year. We did that last year in my ESPN league and it worked out very well. I like it much better than the waiver wire system.

Nzoner
08-30-2011, 06:29 PM
If we get another vote for auction, are you sticking around, or bailing out?

Since it's a free league I'll stick around IF it gets voted in and if you think we can finish by 10:30 or thereabouts.Seriously though been playing FF since 1998 and never did an auction so at least I'll have a good excuse if I don't win. :D

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Since it's a free league I'll stick around IF it gets voted in and if you think we can finish by 10:30 or thereabouts.Seriously though been playing FF since 1998 and never did an auction so at least I'll have a good excuse if I don't win. :D

Good to hear. I don't want to lose anyone, but if it's voted in, it's voted in.

I've never played an auction format before, either.

Personally, I think we'll be happy we made the move, should it go through. I know I'm at a disadvantage having never drafted this way, but I'm looking forward to learning.

Still deadlocked 6-6 at the moment.

Nzoner
08-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Let's please have a drop dead date though say Thursday at noon or something close,don't really want to decide a few days before the draft that we're changing.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Let's please have a drop dead date though say Thursday at noon or something close,don't really want to decide a few days before the draft that we're changing.

I screwed up and said Friday earlier - confused my draft dates - but I'd like to give everyone a full week to prepare.

So we need to break the deadlock one way or the other by tomorrow night.

DJ's left nut
08-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Damn...I didn't realize one of the 'whatevers' was one of the people I converted.

Well hell, I'm out of persuasion (and I'm not even terribly sure who I'm supposed to sway at this point).

Pestilence
08-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Honestly....as much fun as it would be to do an Auction draft.....it might be better to just keep it a snake draft for this year. I'm planning on staying in the league more than one year....so I'd be perfectly fine with doing an auction draft next year.

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Damn...I didn't realize one of the 'whatevers' was one of the people I converted.

Well hell, I'm out of persuasion (and I'm not even terribly sure who I'm supposed to sway at this point).

Well, we're deadlocked at 6-6, so someone on either side needs to change their mind.

Snake: Deez, SNR, Nzoner, ChiefsCountry, Sofa King and DaKCMan AP.

Auction: OTW58, Hootie, Detoxing, Flopnuts, Pestilence and DJ

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Just a heads-up, fellas.

The flex position can be a RB/WR/TE. I had mistakenly set it as RB/WR originally.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Just a heads-up, fellas.

The flex position can be a RB/WR/TE. I had mistakenly set it as RB/WR originally.

now just add QB and then we're talking! ROFL

Sofa King
08-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Just a heads-up, fellas.

Sweet. I'm drafting both TE's from New England.

DJ's left nut
08-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Sweet. I'm drafting both TE's from New England.

Hey.

Don't be a pussy - vote for an auction draft.

If you don't, the terrorists win.

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Hey.

Don't be a pussy - vote for an auction draft.

If you don't, the terrorists win.

LMAO

You're paying attention, he's the only one of the group that said he'd be willing to play Auction.

Sofa King
08-31-2011, 01:20 PM
LMAO

You're paying attention, he's the only one of the group that said he'd be willing to play Auction.

I'm so nervous.

Perhaps i'll start a poll.

OnTheWarpath58
09-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Need to make a decision, ASAP.

Pestilence
09-01-2011, 10:03 AM
If Sofa doesn't move over to an Auction draft......I'll move back over to a snake draft.

OnTheWarpath58
09-01-2011, 10:05 AM
If Sofa doesn't move over to an Auction draft......I'll move back over to a snake draft.

Sofa, you have until 5:00pm CST to make a decision, otherwise we're sticking with a snake draft.

O MY GOD THE PRESSURE!

Sofa King
09-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Sofa, you have until 5:00pm CST to make a decision, otherwise we're sticking with a snake draft.

O MY GOD THE PRESSURE!

I am sooooo nervous.

Sofa King
09-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Ok, let's do this.

Auction.

Never done one, so it gets my vote. Time for something new, as long as it's not 2 QB's.

OnTheWarpath58
09-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Done. If one of you could send PM's to the other owners letting them know, I'd appreciate it. I'm heading into class and I'd like to let everyone know the change.

Basics are a $200 draft budget with a $100 FAAB. Look it up if you need to.

Draft date and time will stay the same, as will scoring and roster rules.

You've got a week to do research, fellas. Should be enough time.

Pestilence
09-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Done. If one of you could send PM's to the other owners letting them know, I'd appreciate it. I'm heading into class and I'd like to let everyone know the change.

Basics are a $200 draft budget with a $100 FAAB. Look it up if you need to.

Draft date and time will stay the same, as will scoring and roster rules.

You've got a week to do research, fellas. Should be enough time.

Done.

OnTheWarpath58
09-01-2011, 10:14 PM
OK, so apparently auction drafts can only start at the top of the hour.

So the draft date will be the same, but the time is now 9:00pm EST, 8:00 CST and 6:00 PST.

Hopefully that half-hour doesn't cause any problems.

Nzoner
09-02-2011, 06:22 AM

So the draft date will be the same, but the time is now 9:00pm EST, 8:00 CST and 6:00 PST.

Maybe dumb questions but having never done auction style drafting if someone decides to "break the bank" on a player or two do we just fill in our roster with the bums nobody else wants?

Also,I'm assuming espn has software during the draft that keeps track of owner's dollars.

OnTheWarpath58
09-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Maybe dumb questions but having never done auction style drafting if someone decides to "break the bank" on a player or two do we just fill in our roster with the bums nobody else wants?

Also,I'm assuming espn has software during the draft that keeps track of owner's dollars.

With a $200 budget, and 18 roster spots to fill, an owner is basically committing suicide by severely overpaying for more than one player. Your budget basically breaks down to an average of $11 per player.

ESPN does all the work. I would highly recommend that those of you unfamiliar with the format run at least one "mock auction" on ESPN for practice.

Sofa King
09-02-2011, 07:08 AM
I had to look up FAAB

In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on waived players. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget. If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, tiebreak options are available as described below.

-Continual rolling list: Waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.

-Reverse order of standings: Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list.

-Weekly rolling list based on standings: Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.

Managers may bid anywhere from one dollar to their remaining acquisition budget on a waived player. Managers with no remaining budget must wait until a player clears waivers and becomes a free agent to add him to their team.

OnTheWarpath58
09-02-2011, 08:03 AM
We're set up for reverse order of standings.

Pestilence
09-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Shouldn't be a problem.

DaKCMan AP
09-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Just pwned a mock auction draft, but you all aren't as dumb as they are... or are you? :D

QB Tom Brady
RB Shonn Greene
RB Benjarvis Green-Ellis
WR Vincent Jackson
WR DeSean Jackson
RB/WR Dwayne Bowe
TE Jason Witten
K Stephen Gostkowski
D Steelers
B Josh Freeman
B Ryan Grant
B Reggie Bush
B Chad Ochocinco
B Lance Moore
B Tony Gonzalez
B Packers

Pestilence
09-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Have enough Patriots?

DaKCMan AP
09-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Have enough Patriots?

They wouldn't allow me to draft Belicheat.

Nzoner
09-02-2011, 01:49 PM
With a $200 budget, and 18 roster spots to fill, an owner is basically committing suicide by severely overpaying for more than one player. Your budget basically breaks down to an average of $11 per player.

ESPN does all the work. I would highly recommend that those of you unfamiliar with the format run at least one "mock auction" on ESPN for practice.

I highly doubt I'm going to have time for that but that's okay,it'll be a good learning experience.Thanks.

Short Leash Hootie
09-04-2011, 08:09 AM
not sure about the exact roster spots...but say we have 15 roster spots...

with $200...you can spend up to $186 on a player...but you have to keep $14 ($1 per pick from then on out)

OnTheWarpath58
09-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Guys-

Need to make a decision with the move to an auction draft.

A $200 budget is typically reserved for a 12 team league with 16 roster spots.

We're currently sitting at 18 roster spots.

We need to decide if we're going to reduce the number of bench spots by two, or increase the budget per team. I think a reduction of bench spots is the better option, but would like to hear your thoughts - especially those of you who have played in an auction league before.

DeezNutz
09-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Not a huge fan of the auction draft simply because I'm seriously crunched on time with several huge things right now and don't have time to research this thoroughly.

Thus, I have zero clue whether it would be best to up the budget or reduce the roster spots.

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Not a huge fan of the auction draft simply because I'm seriously crunched on time with several huge things right now and don't have time to research this thoroughly.

Thus, I have zero clue whether it would be best to up the budget or reduce the roster spots.

I don't have the time either, Deez.

I have 20 pages of papers due by Thursday, approximately 400 pages of reading due by Wednesday, and the wife decided this was a good weekend to paint the office and master bedroom.

I'm just going to use this year as a learning year and go from there.

This is my Pioli 2009 Season.

Nzoner
09-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Herein lies the challenge trying to make everyone happy,and yes early on that included me too.This is not meant to piss anyone off because I know OTW is looking for opinions,however,our local leagues found this out early on and now have adjusted but in the future I suggest the rules are laid down and kept.If an owner feels this league isn't for him then thanks for checking it out and see ya we'll find another.

That said I say we keep it as was last week,since a lot of us have not done auction we'll figure it out as we go.If that's not possible thru ESPN then go back to snake and we have it the way it was in the beginning.

Detoxing
09-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't have the time either, Deez.

I'm just going to use this year as a learning year and go from there.

This is my Pioli 2009 Season.

Ditto

Pestilence
09-05-2011, 09:38 AM
My team is probably going to suck.

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Herein lies the challenge trying to make everyone happy,and yes early on that included me too.This is not meant to piss anyone off because I know OTW is looking for opinions,however,our local leagues found this out early on and now have adjusted but in the future I suggest the rules are laid down and kept.If an owner feels this league isn't for him then thanks for checking it out and see ya we'll find another.

That said I say we keep it as was last week,since a lot of us have not done auction we'll figure it out as we go.If that's not possible thru ESPN then go back to snake and we have it the way it was in the beginning.

I understand your concerns, Joe.

If this was a pay league, there wouldn't have been any flip-flopping. But since it's a freebie, I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to speak up.

It looks like there are a lot of us who are interested in Auction, but concerned about the lack of preparation. Personally, I've always wanted to be "proficient" in both formats, and I'm going to use this year as a year to learn the nuance and strategy involved in this format.

It's something I was going to do eventually anyway. I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only guy that feels this way.

I'm still going to take it serious, and try to win, but expect to struggle. That's all part of learning a new format.

Again, it's free and amongst friends. Use the year to learn and have some fun.

And FWIW, it's been my plan all along to see how this year plays out and design a "league constitution" for 2012 and beyond.

Pestilence
09-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Oh.....and I would drop the roster down to 16.

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Oh.....and I would drop the roster down to 16.

Unless someone can come up with a convincing argument otherwise, that's the plan.

Nzoner
09-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Unless someone can come up with a convincing argument otherwise, that's the plan.

I'm assuming the 2 spots will be deducted from rb/wr thus we now carry 4 each instead of 5?

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm assuming the 2 spots will be deducted from rb/wr thus we now carry 4 each instead of 5?

Keep in mind that ESPN doesn't allow you to set it up where you HAVE to carry a certain number at each position, but does establish a maximum number at each position.

So we'd be looking at a max of:

2QB

5RB

5WR

2TE

1DEF

Or:

2QB

4RB

4WR

2TE

2DEF

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Or we can leave it the way it is, and increase the draft budget.

But someone needs to be damn convincing on a new number, because the last thing we want is it to be too high. Personally, I have no idea how much, if at all the budget would have to be raised for a roster of 18.

I'll look into it though.

DeezNutz
09-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Keep in mind that ESPN doesn't allow you to set it up where you HAVE to carry a certain number at each position, but does establish a maximum number at each position.

2QB

5RB

5WR

2TE

1DEF

Or:

2QB

4RB

4WR

2TE

2DEF

Option 1. No need for anyone to carry 2 defenses or kickers.

Regarding the auction format, I've killed an hour or so doing a couple of mock drafts on ESPN site, and that's enough to get a general feel for it. I think this will end up being a good experience, though I have no confidence at all that my team won't suck.

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 12:53 PM

Regarding the auction format, I've killed an hour or so doing a couple of mock drafts on ESPN site, and that's enough to get a general feel for it. I think this will end up being a good experience, though I have no confidence at all that my team won't suck.

That's how I feel about it.

And FWIW, I've sent an e-mail to ESPN's "Answer Guys" to see what they think a draft budget should be for a 12 team, 18 roster league.

Nzoner
09-05-2011, 02:12 PM

This was discussed early on as I had mentioned I didn't like the idea of spot starting a def or kicker because if I only have one I'm forced to drop a player/possibly a good def etc. on the bye week just to be able to field a complete team and take the risk of losing them on the waiver wire.Oh well I'm done giving my .02 just set it up and I'll show up,I just hope if I'm able to land a good D that ESPN will allow me to take an automatic 0 on the bye week because I'm not a player that's taking a chance on losing them because of a bye week.

SNR
09-05-2011, 02:32 PM
From my experience with auction drafts, the only danger you run is if your auction budget is too high. My first year I thought $200 sounded kind of low for a standard roster. We doubled it. Needless to say... that was awful and messy.

If there's a shortage of cash, at least people will be a lot more careful with the money they budget.

I'm good with using ESPN's default settings on the auction. 16 roster spots/$200

doomy3
09-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Just an outsider's observation, but why change any maximum allowed? Why not just remove 2 bench spots if you want? I would think that if someone wanted to use one of their bench spots for an extra defense instead of a RB, that should be their choice.

2QB

5RB

5WR

2TE

1DEF

Or:

2QB

4RB

4WR

2TE

2DEF

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm going to leave it at $200 and 18 roster spots, and here is my reasoning:

Those two extra bench players are nothing more than $1-$2 players.

So you have $2-$4 less for top tier players. Not a big deal.

As SNR said, better the budget me too small than too big.

DaKCMan AP
09-05-2011, 03:57 PM

Huh???? So if I have the Steelers D I should have to play no D for their bye week or drop them? Of course there's need to have 2 defenses and 2 kickers.

Just an outsider's observation, but why change any maximum allowed? Why not just remove 2 bench spots if you want? I would think that if someone wanted to use one of their bench spots for an extra defense instead of a RB, that should be their choice.

This. If I want 3QB, 3RB, 4WR, 2TE, 2K, 2D it should be allowed.

OnTheWarpath58
09-05-2011, 04:01 PM

Sadly, this is the one downfall to using ESPN.

As League Manager, I have the option to set bench spots. Unfortunately, this is done by establishing maximum numbers at each position.

Unless I missed something, I can't just say there are 9 bench spots, use them however you want.

DeezNutz
09-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Huh???? So if I have the Steelers D I should have to play no D for their bye week or drop them? Of course there's need to have 2 defenses and 2 kickers.

I just don't see the drop between the top D and a mid-ranked D (or kicker for that matter) as a make-or-break situation. Perhaps I'm undervaluing the positions...

Plus, everyone would be in the same bind.

That said, I understand the objection.

doomy3
09-05-2011, 11:02 PM

As League Manager, I have the option to set bench spots. Unfortunately, this is done by establishing maximum numbers at each position.

Unless I missed something, I can't just say there are 9 bench spots, use them however you want.

Yeah you can. You just specify how many rounds your drafting, what the starting positions are, and how many bench spots there are.

Short Leash Hootie
09-06-2011, 08:31 AM

yes you can...I set all of my leagues to no maximum. I run 3 leagues on ESPN.

Short Leash Hootie
09-06-2011, 08:32 AM
OTWP...

go to the league page, hit up the LM Tools tab, and then go to roster settings, and go from there...

if you can't find it, temporarily make me co-league manager and I'll change it for you.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Found it. Thanks guys. Just had to scroll down a bit in the dropdown box.

With that said, most of had agreed with Nzoner:

In reply to OTW's e-mail for everyone to see I know I'm new to the league and I don't want to make waves or act like if I don't get my way I'm taking my ball and going home,however,I just feel like having benches that are wide open creates owners the opportunity to stockpile positions thus resulting in say 20 defenses and kickers on the ww and owners adding and dropping to simply play match-ups.

Just my .02 but forcing all owners to play on an EQUAL field i.e. maintaining exact roster positions puts more emphasis on the draft and how an owner must draft.I'll see what you guys think I just feel even though it's a free league it should still be competitive and allowing owners to stockpile at a position creates a total unbalance.

I agree, and is why we're set up the way we're set up.

If you have a problem with it, speak now.

Pestilence
09-06-2011, 09:27 AM
I have no problem if people want to stockpile one position. It just means their other positions get neglected.

I really don't care either way though. It's whatever.

ChiefsCountry
09-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I have no problem if people want to stockpile one position. It just means their other positions get neglected.

This.

Pestilence
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
If anyone doesn't see their username and team name in the OP....let me know and I'll add it.

The OP has also been updated with the draft date and time.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Just sat through about 14 nominations in a mock auction.

I have no fucking clue how I'm going to field a team.

Pestilence
09-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Just sat through about 14 nominations in a mock auction.

I have no fucking clue how I'm going to field a team.

I sat through 2 mock auction drafts last week. People over pay a ton for players. Honestly....this year I might spend big on 2 players and just fill the rest of the team with cheap players.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I sat through 2 mock auction drafts last week. People over pay a ton for players. Honestly....this year I might spend big on 2 players and just fill the rest of the team with cheap players.

The first nomination was the Jets Defense.

You're an idiot if you pay more than $1 for a defense - and sure enough, they went for $6.

Pestilence
09-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm just going to hope that the guys I want aren't nominated until later on when people are low on money.

Sofa King
09-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Did another Mock this morning.

One guy bought AP for $74, then eventually bought another RB for $55.

The guy spend $129 of his $200 on 2 fucking players. LMAO

DaKCMan AP
09-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Found it. Thanks guys. Just had to scroll down a bit in the dropdown box.

With that said, most of had agreed with Nzoner:

I agree, and is why we're set up the way we're set up.

If you have a problem with it, speak now.

I'm for allowing stockpiling of positions. You may argue that it creates 'balance' but removing position limits creates strategy in drafting, waivers, and fielding a lineup. As long as there is an overall roster size limit, there shouldn't be a positional limit.

Sofa King
09-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Draft tonight. Let's do this.

DaKCMan AP
09-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Draft tonight. Let's do this.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDQuaZ9yvjUMF-VvTtwngryDgGlZotIhRhIcuiOxAL7-SCN0D8&t=1

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm wondering if it's just better to stay out of the top 20 players when it comes to bidding......and then use all of your money to outbid other teams for the sleepers that you want.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Tonight's going to be fucking hilarious.

Hopefully I'm not the guy everyone is laughing at.

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Tonight's going to be fucking hilarious.

Hopefully I'm not the guy everyone is laughing at.

I'm sure that will be me.

I just hope the level of douchebag is low compared to the mock drafts I've been in. There are so many people out there that just up the bid on players and then leave.

SNR
09-07-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm sure that will be me.

I just hope the level of douchebag is low compared to the mock drafts I've been in. There are so many people out there that just up the bid on players and then leave.
Hehhhhh... I kinda do that a lot LMAO

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Hehhhhh... I kinda do that a lot LMAO

It's understandable if it's your league. Mock drafts are annoying because they'll up the bid and then leave the mock draft.

SNR
09-07-2011, 09:44 AM
It's understandable if it's your league. Mock drafts are annoying because they'll up the bid and then leave the mock draft.Oh, that's what you mean. No, I never leave. It's around player #50 where you start seeing some really awesome deals for great players. That's how you build a championship team

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Oh, that's what you mean. No, I never leave. It's around player #50 where you start seeing some really awesome deals for great players. That's how you build a championship team

That's why I'm wondering if the correct strategy is to pick one player out of the top 20-30 players.....and pay big money for him. Then fill out your roster with lower level players that you think will out perform their auction value.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
It's understandable if it's your league. Mock drafts are annoying because they'll up the bid and then leave the mock draft.

Yeah, I quit with the mocks.

$6 for the Jets defense? You're an idiot to pay more than $2 for a defense or kicker, and probably should only pay $1 each.

Hopefully guys have established some sort of value list before getting into the draft room, because ESPN's is ridiculous.

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I quit with the mocks.

$6 for the Jets defense? You're an idiot to pay more than $2 for a defense or kicker, and probably should only pay $1 each.

Hopefully guys have established some sort of value list before getting into the draft room, because ESPN's is ridiculous.

What's funny is that in the last mock draft that I did.....I put up the Steelers D for auction in the 1st round. I got that fucker up to $20. lol

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 09:56 AM
What's funny is that in the last mock draft that I did.....I put up the Steelers D for auction in the 1st round. I got that fucker up to $20. lol

I'm looking forward to a ton of guys overpaying. Probably not for defense and kickers, but it's going to happen. And it's going to be obvious when we see the completed rosters.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I've made an executive decision based on the roster limit comments I've read here and on the league board.

I'm split between the two camps, and see both sides of the argument. I like the idea of having a positional cap, but don't like the idea of every guy being forced to carry the exact same number at each position.

So with that said, I'm going to bump up the maximum at each skill position, but only by one.

So theoretically, you could carry 3QB or 6 RB or 6 WR or 3 TE, (or some combination of) but at the expense of another position.

Kickers and defenses will stay at a maximum of 2.

SNR
09-07-2011, 10:19 AM
You're fucking with my infallible 6-kicker strategy, dude.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 10:49 AM
You're fucking with my infallible 6-kicker strategy, dude.

Piss-poor strategy, as you could never carry more than 2 to begin with.

:p

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2011, 11:20 AM
can smart phones with flash handle launching a live draft?

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 11:22 AM

I believe so.

Not sure what kind of a phone he was on, but an owner in my pay league drafted from his smartphone as a passenger in a car driving from KC to STL.

I would head over to ESPN and test ASAP.

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 11:25 AM

I would think that it should. The only thing you might worry about is if somehow your signal drops or you lose service.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 04:01 PM
3 hours to go, fellas.

DeezNutz
09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
That's why I'm wondering if the correct strategy is to pick one player out of the top 20-30 players.....and pay big money for him. Then fill out your roster with lower level players that you think will out perform their auction value.

I'm putting AP up for an opening bid of $80.

Your asses are getting pwned in under 3 hours.

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 04:14 PM
If anybody outbids me for McCluster.....I'm sending you a virus.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm putting AP up for an opening bid of $80.

Your asses are getting pwned in under 3 hours.

LMAO

Detoxing
09-07-2011, 04:29 PM
I got some condoms and Lube. I'm ready to rape some asses!

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
well I rooted my phone, and then added barnacle...so I'll be drafting from my laptop using a wireless hotspot...hopefully I don't drop signal...

Sofa King
09-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm nervous.

I'm buying the first four nominations, no matter who they are.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 06:01 PM
1 hour.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm nervous.

LMAO

If I have anything to say about it, you won't be able to afford the 4th.

DaKCMan AP
09-07-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm nervous.

Brett Favre
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Tiki Barber

DeezNutz
09-07-2011, 06:17 PM
1 hour.

I just pissed myself a little. Don't be jealous, Meat Whistle.

Sofa King
09-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Brett Favre
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Tiki Barber

Boo ya! 2003 Championship baby!

Sofa King
09-07-2011, 06:48 PM
LMAO

If I have anything to say about it, you won't be able to afford the 4th.

Good. I dare you to try to stop me.

I DARE YOU!

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Flopnuts is (involuntarily) going with the Stars and Scrubs approach.

DJ's left nut
09-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Ima rape some folks.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Ima rape some folks.

It's obvious you've done that before. You have a solid team.

I made two mistakes and they are going to cost me, I'm afraid.

DeezNutz
09-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Ima rape some folks.

Post the roster.

DeezNutz
09-07-2011, 10:02 PM
QB Matt Schaub, Hou QB
RB Frank Gore, SF RB
RB Jahvid Best, Det RB
FLEX Ryan Mathews, SD RB
WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR
WR Marques Colston, NO WR
TE Antonio Gates, SD TE
D/ST Jets D/ST D/ST
K Stephen Gostkowski, NE K

Bench Jonathan Stewart, Car RB
Bench Fred Jackson, Buf RB
Bench Chargers D/ST D/ST
Bench Anquan Boldin, Bal WR
Bench Mike Thomas, Jac WR
Bench Greg Olsen, Car TE
Bench Robert Meachem, NO WR
Bench Mike Williams, Sea WR
Bench Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf QB

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/x1dlye.jpg

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 10:24 PM
My RBs suck. I'm open to trades.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 10:25 PM
My RBs suck. I'm open to trades.

My WR depth sucks. I'm open to trades.

Time to take a look at your roster.

ChiefsCountry
09-07-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm open to moving to Hootie's Double QB league once Peyton comes back. :)

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 10:29 PM
My WR depth sucks. I'm open to trades.

Time to take a look at your roster.

I'll take Deangelo Williams off of your hands.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Pest, your WR bye weeks won't work for me, and I know you're not dealing Megatron.

If you see something I'm missing, feel free to offer - worst I could say is no.