PDA

View Full Version : Electronics IPOD - Apps

tymania
08-18-2011, 07:24 AM
I recently just bought my first Ipod Touch. I found some pretty good apps for sports like, scorecenter, and ESPN watch. And of course i had to download the infamous Angry Birds app that everyone always use to talk about.

Any other awesome Apps i should know about? useful?

icepick64
08-18-2011, 08:15 AM
i read that rage is free this week, pretty decent game, shows off the graphics that can be done on iOS

patteeu
08-18-2011, 08:21 AM
NewChief posted a thread about this a while ago that has lots of suggestions:

Killer Apps for the iPhone? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190700&highlight=iphone)

Barret
08-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Found this link on Fark.com for another iPhone type app.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2027241/LocalSin-The-sleazy-iPhone-app-night-stand.html

Fruit Ninja
08-18-2011, 03:51 PM
810 and 610 apps are nice for guys like me that are out of staters. I just use their podcast section and pick out the interviews i want to listen too.

Espn radio is nice as well. Its great for me during basketball season as i canlisten to espn L.A.

Angry Birds!!!!!!! everyone has to have it. lol

Johnny Vegas
08-18-2011, 11:11 PM
-espn streak for the cash - daily picks on games...win money if you make the longest winning streak for the month...monthly contest

-living earth- real time earth simulation with weather

-ihome - great app for using with the ihome stereo

-Mixologist- great app to find that drink you can't think of whats in it

-Dragon Go!- love this app...just say what you're looking for and it does a speed search in all areas of media...be it google, espn, wiki, twitter, youtube, images, and yahoo sports

-Skyview- point at the sky and it simulates the stars, zodiac, and planets on your phone

-Flixster- uses your location to find nearest movie theaters, showings, times, and can also add movies to your netflix que when they are available dvd

-NFL Scores- straight up NFL scores real quick

-Pandora- the best internet radio IMO. Picks an artist and it plays music similar to your pick as well as what you want to listen to.

-Yelp-uses your location to find anything you need around you be it gas to restaurants

BCD
08-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Seriously? This needed its own thread?