08-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Flame on!

per Royals facebook page :)

Repost

(repository thread)

:D

ChiefsCountry
08-18-2011, 10:58 AM
That should be about right timeframe for Myers to come up.

pr_capone
08-18-2011, 11:24 AM
I loved the guy when he was with the Bravos. If he learns to be more patient at the plate, he could be a well above average player.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Dayton Moore is such a fucking idiot.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Dayton Moore is such a ****ing idiot.

LMAO

seaofred
08-18-2011, 11:55 AM
It's a good move, he's not blocking anyone.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 12:34 PM
It's a good move, he's not blocking anyone.

Yeah, except for Lorenzo Cain, the guy with an OPS over .900 in Triple A that provides premium defense and would come at a fraction of the cost of Frenchy.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2011, 12:49 PM
eazyb81 is such a fucking idiot.fyp

BigCatDaddy
08-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, except for Lorenzo Cain, the guy with an OPS over .900 in Triple A that provides premium defense and would come at a fraction of the cost of Frenchy.

Given all that I wonder if he brings back more in a trade that any of the outfielders we have now.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-18-2011, 01:00 PM

Lorenzo Cain is a CF'er... he'll take Melkys place. Frenchy is a RF'er and Wil Myers isn't ready yet... probably for about.......... 2 years. Frenchy is having a career year, leads the league in outfield assists, is a good influence on the kids AND..... WANTS to play here. Oh plus he's still only 27.

The Royals have been guilty of many bad signings but this isn't one of them.

BigCatDaddy
08-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Lorenzo Cain is a CF'er... he'll take Melkys place. Frenchy is a RF'er and Wil Myers isn't ready yet... probably for about.......... 2 years. Frenchy is having a career year, leads the league in outfield assists, is a good influence on the kids AND..... WANTS to play here. Oh plus he's still only 27.

Melky is hitting 311 with 16 HR's and 73RBI's. It looks like he finally turned the corner in his career. I'll take Melky as my CF'er for the next several years and deal away Cain as part of a deal for some starting pitching that this team will need in the worst way next year.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 01:25 PM
fyp

Sweet reply bro.

Let's give Frenchy a multi-year contract in the midst of a career year - BRILLIANT IDEA! Ignore all the prior evidence of suck, he must be the real deal now.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Move Melky - who is better than Frenchy - to RF, where he would hit the same and provide better defense. Situation solved.

And I bolded that sentence for a reason. Good GM's don't give contract extensions to guys in career years. They thank them for their work and let them walk so another sucker can pay too much based on the outlier year.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Sweet reply bro.

Let's give Frenchy a multi-year contract in the midst of a career year - BRILLIANT IDEA! Ignore all the prior evidence of suck, he must be the real deal now.

I have to LMAO at you again now. Nothing personal.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Melky is hitting 311 with 16 HR's and 73RBI's. It looks like he finally turned the corner in his career. I'll take Melky as my CF'er for the next several years and deal away Cain as part of a deal for some starting pitching that this team will need in the worst way next year.

I'd do that too... probably.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Sweet reply bro.

Let's give Frenchy a multi-year contract in the midst of a career year - BRILLIANT IDEA! Ignore all the prior evidence of suck, he must be the real deal now.LMAO Post stupid shit. Get this type of response.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Move Melky - who is better than Frenchy - to RF, where he would hit the same and provide better defense. Situation solved.

And I bolded that sentence for a reason. Good GM's don't give contract extensions to guys in career years. They thank them for their work and let them walk so another sucker can pay too much based on the outlier year.

Do you have it on good authority that we paid too much? I doubt it since the Royals didn't release figures as stated in the news release.

And moving people from one position to another isn't always as easy or good for them as you think. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes guys are just better in one spot.

We have 2 guys we signed for a little of nothing last off season who are both pleasant surprises and we've decided to keep at least one of them for now. We should be pissed about it because Lorenzo Cain and Wil Myers are proven major league commodities.

DOOOOOOOMMMMMED!!!!!

pr_capone
08-18-2011, 01:36 PM

Their fielding % is nearly identical so far this season and Francour has thrice the arm that Melky does.

Past history of suck? Quiz time. One of those players has won a Gold Glove playing an outfield position. Name that player!

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Jeff Francouer's WAR the last four seasons:

2008: -0.8
2009: 0.3
2010: 0.6
2011: 2.3

One of these things is not like the other.....

ChiTown
08-18-2011, 01:42 PM

Umm, no. Melky is very good in CF and would do just fine in LF. That said, he is NOT a RF'r. Nowhere near the arm strength as Frenchy.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Their fielding % is nearly identical so far this season and Francour has thrice the arm that Melky does.

Past history of suck? Quiz time. One of those players has won a Gold Glove playing an outfield position. Name that player!

Wow, next you'll tell me Derek Jeter is a better defender than Alcides Escobar.

WHAT ABOUT THE GOLD GLOVE DUDE!!!!1111

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Umm, no. Melky is very good in CF and would do just fine in LF. That said, he is NOT a RF'r. Nowhere near the arm strength as Frenchy.

Yeah, because we all know games are won based on which OFs have the strongest arms.....

ChiTown
08-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah, because we all know games are won based on which OFs have the strongest arms.....

It's the Royals, dude. Games are rarely won at all.......

ChiTown
08-18-2011, 01:46 PM

Oh, and while we are at it, let's just put Getzy in RF, since games aren't won based on the arm strength of your RF'r.

pr_capone
08-18-2011, 01:48 PM

Are you fucking stupid? Having a guy in RF with a cannon for an arm will keep runners from extra bases, putting him in scoring position. How does that not help teams win?

Instead of driving in the runner from 2nd on a single, they are now stuck on 1st and 3rd solely due to Francour's arm. Melky could also get the ball in from the RF corner... on a hop or two.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Are you ****ing stupid? Having a guy in RF with a cannon for an arm will keep runners from extra bases, putting him in scoring position. How does that not help teams win?

Instead of driving in the runner from 2nd on a single, they are now stuck on 1st and 3rd solely due to Francour's arm. Melky could also get the ball in from the RF corner... on a hop or two.

What do you not get about this you fucking dipshit? Let me guess, you have no clue what WAR is and think Frenchy is so awesome because he already has 66 RBI?

Jeff Francouer is a shitty baseball player that is having an okay season. This season does not change the fact he is a shitty baseball player.

Pitt Gorilla
08-18-2011, 01:53 PM
What do you not get about this you ****ing dipshit? Let me guess, you have no clue what WAR is and think Frenchy is so awesome because he already has 66 RBI?

Jeff Francouer is a shitty baseball player that is having an okay season. This season does not change the fact he is a shitty baseball player..5, .2, 0, 2, 5.4. Which of those is not like the other?

gblowfish
08-18-2011, 01:53 PM
The concern with Frenchy is, that he can maintain or improve on his performance from this year. If he back slides, its a bad deal. This season has been one of his better ones. I think with the young guys behind him, he won't be able to slack off. He'll have the pressure of young guys wanting to break in to the majors, so he'll have to work to keep at this level or improve. I think he's a good player, and he's only 27. We've come a long way from having guys like Aaron Guile and Endy Chavez in our outfield, that's for sure.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2011, 01:55 PM
What do you not get about this you fucking dipshit? Let me guess, you have no clue what WAR is and think Frenchy is so awesome because he already has 66 RBI?

Jeff Francouer is a shitty baseball player that is having an okay season. This season does not change the fact he is a shitty baseball player.Or, maybe he's a 27 yo player that has turned a corner.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Keith Law's response to the extension:

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

pr_capone
08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Or, maybe he's a 27 yo player that has turned a corner.

THAT IS UNPOSSIBLE!

ChiTown
08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Keith Law's response to the extension:

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

ok, if this is true, it's a ridiculously stupid contract - but I doubt the validity of anything from Bleacherreport

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/810819-mlb-headlines-jeff-francoeur-contract-mike-jacobs-hgh-suspension-making-news/entry/117474-jeff-francoeur-contract-turns-out-to-be-two-years-135-million

Jeff Francoeur Contract Turns out to Be Two Years, $13.5 Million
By Matt Trueblood (Featured Columnist) on August 18, 2011 4 reads 0

Wow. This turned out to be a more Royalsian move than anyone could have imagined.

The Kansas City Royals finally released the terms of Jeff Francoeur's two-year contract extension, and he will earn $13.5 million over the life of the deal. Francoeur's mutual option for 2012 had been for $4 million, so this is a substantial raise. It's also lunacy, and twitter could pop any minute now from the sheer surface tension of the growing rage bubble.

Francoeur can hit for some pop, has a plus-plus arm in right field and has stolen a career-high 19 bases in 2011. This deal still does not make sense, but keep in mind that the player is still only 27 years old, and that he has enough tools to maintain his current effectiveness.

keg in kc
08-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Royals are really damned-if-they-do, damned-if-they-don't. They don't sign a guy and they're cheap. They overpay to keep to keep a guy and they're stupid.

BigCatDaddy
08-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Royals are really damned-if-they-do, damned-if-they-don't. They don't sign a guy and they're cheap. They overpay to keep to keep a guy and they're stupid.

Yeah, that's only 4 million more total then the 2 year deal Farnsworth got from KC. It's not THAT bad.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 02:13 PM
ok, if this is true, it's a ridiculously stupid contract - but I doubt the validity of anything from Bleacherreport

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/810819-mlb-headlines-jeff-francoeur-contract-mike-jacobs-hgh-suspension-making-news/entry/117474-jeff-francoeur-contract-turns-out-to-be-two-years-135-million

Jeff Francoeur Contract Turns out to Be Two Years, $13.5 Million
By Matt Trueblood (Featured Columnist) on August 18, 2011 4 reads 0

Wow. This turned out to be a more Royalsian move than anyone could have imagined.

The Kansas City Royals finally released the terms of Jeff Francoeur's two-year contract extension, and he will earn $13.5 million over the life of the deal. Francoeur's mutual option for 2012 had been for $4 million, so this is a substantial raise. It's also lunacy, and twitter could pop any minute now from the sheer surface tension of the growing rage bubble.

Francoeur can hit for some pop, has a plus-plus arm in right field and has stolen a career-high 19 bases in 2011. This deal still does not make sense, but keep in mind that the player is still only 27 years old, and that he has enough tools to maintain his current effectiveness.

Unfortunately, it is true.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/18/3083959/royals-francoeur-gets-two-year.html

Outfielder Jeff Francoeur reaped a benefit Thursday from a strong bounce-back season by agreeing to a two-year contract extension for $13.5 million that will keep him with the Royals through 2013.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 02:14 PM

I have no problem with the money. I have a problem with signing a guy that isn't a very good baseball player.

ChiTown
08-18-2011, 02:21 PM

Hey, it's their money (for the most part). I just think that's a lot of dough for a guy who just had a career year. There's no doubt we need a RF for a couple more years until (hopefully) WM is ready to go.

pr_capone
08-18-2011, 02:28 PM
What do you not get about this you ****ing dipshit? Let me guess, you have no clue what WAR is and think Frenchy is so awesome because he already has 66 RBI?

Jeff Francouer is a shitty baseball player that is having an okay season. This season does not change the fact he is a shitty baseball player.

Holy shit! There is a new stat called a WAR? Tell me all about it!

Here is a pro-tip. If most everyone disagrees with you... you are likely (not always but VERY likely) the asshole.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Holy shit! There is a new stat called a WAR? Tell me all about it!

Here is a pro-tip. If most everyone disagrees with you... you are likely (not always but VERY likely) the asshole.

Oh good call, thanks. I'll make sure to fall in line with the retards next time a discussion comes up.

Thig Lyfe
08-18-2011, 02:38 PM
WE DID IT!!!

BillSelfsTrophycase
08-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Pretty good move

Myers won't be ready for a while and Frenchy rivals only Joe Randa and Joe Montana with that epic winning smile

Oh and he has a Howitzer attached to his right shoulder

Old Dog
08-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Oh good call, thanks. I'll make sure to fall in line with the retards next time a discussion comes up.

You already would have if one person could form a line.

BillSelfsTrophycase
08-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Dammit Dayton :cuss:

FYP

DeezNutz
08-18-2011, 04:03 PM
LMAO.

BWillie
08-18-2011, 04:07 PM

So Lorenzo Cain is 25 years old. Francouer is 27 years old. One is at least a proven commidity and alot of players don't grow into their own until their late 20's. See Alex Gordon, Jose Bautista, Ryan Howard, I'm sure there are countless others. Lorenzo Cain very well might suck, and he has some trade value. Just because a guy is 25 and still in the minors doesn't mean he's better, probably quite to the contrary. Why do people think that 25 year old guys in the minors are much better than a former highly ranked prospect who was on the cover of sports illustrated who is like 1.5 years older?

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2011, 04:11 PM
You already would have if one person could form a line.

LMAO

Reaper16
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Too much money.

re: Cain trade discussion -- he'd need to be moved THIS off-season if you want to trade him. He's getting up there in years.

Zeke
08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I don't mind so much the signing, but the contract we're giving an average player is not club friendly... especially for our Organization.

if they really wanted to keep him around, use the mutual option for next year. If he keeps improving, THEN sign him... but don't give him a huge raise on a year we already could have him for, while still trying to figure out if his above average season isn't a fluke.

This isn't really a very savy transaction, tbh... of course, it's par for the course concerning the Royals.

gblowfish
08-18-2011, 04:38 PM
DM lost his Braves stiffie once Davies got DFA'ed, so now he needs another Brave to rub one out to....

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 04:39 PM
So Lorenzo Cain is 25 years old. Francouer is 27 years old. One is at least a proven commidity and alot of players don't grow into their own until their late 20's. See Alex Gordon, Jose Bautista, Ryan Howard, I'm sure there are countless others. Lorenzo Cain very well might suck, and he has some trade value. Just because a guy is 25 and still in the minors doesn't mean he's better, probably quite to the contrary. Why do people think that 25 year old guys in the minors are much better than a former highly ranked prospect who was on the cover of sports illustrated who is like 1.5 years older?

LOL at Francouer as a proven commodity. Dude is so proven that he was a backup OF last season and had to sign a one year contract in his supposed "prime".

With logic like that, I can't believe we cut a proven commodity like Kyle Davies.

BWillie
08-18-2011, 04:41 PM
LOL at Francouer as a proven commodity. Dude is so proven that he was a backup OF last season and had to sign a one year contract in his supposed "prime".

With logic like that, I can't believe we cut a proven commodity like Kyle Davies.

What guarantee that Cain will be any good? He's already 25 too. And Kyle Davies is the worst starting pitcher in the history of starting pitchers, I don't see how that compares to Francouer.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 04:42 PM
What guarantee that Cain will be any good? He's already 25 too. And Kyle Davies is the worst starting pitcher in the history of starting pitchers, I don't see how that compares to Francouer.

There is no guarantee. Odds are he will end up a below average player like most prospects. But he will do it at a fraction of the cost of Frenchy.

Best case scenario is he is an above average player that is much cheaper than Frenchy and we will control him for six seasons.

BWillie
08-18-2011, 04:47 PM
There is no guarantee. Odds are he will end up a below average player like most prospects. But he will do it at a fraction of the cost of Frenchy.

Best case scenario is he is an above average player that is much cheaper than Frenchy and we will control him for six seasons.

So Glass spends money, ppl get pissed. He doesn't spend money, ppl get pissed. I'll admit, I didn't look into how much Frenchy is going to make. If it's anywhere from a 20-30% raise, I'm fine with it. He's playing well at his value right now, he's really a cheap player so far in the grand scheme of things.

DeezNutz
08-18-2011, 04:51 PM
So Glass spends money, ppl get pissed. He doesn't spend money, ppl get pissed. I'll admit, I didn't look into how much Frenchy is going to make. If it's anywhere from a 20-30% raise, I'm fine with it. He's playing well at his value right now, he's really a cheap player so far in the grand scheme of things.

Then why are you debating the signing? The contract is a pretty significant part of it.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2011, 04:53 PM

With logic like that, I can't believe we cut a proven commodity like Kyle Davies.LMAO at comparing Frenchy to Davies. You really are a fucking idiot.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 05:01 PM
LMAO at comparing Frenchy to Davies. You really are a ****ing idiot.

You've made some compelling arguments in this thread. You seriously know your baseball. I am convinced, Jeff Francouer is an MVP candidate due to his strong arm and leadership.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Dave, you're right, I never should have compared Davies to Frenchy. Davies has clearly been the better player in recent years.

Frenchy's WAR:
08: -0.8
09: 0.3
10: 0.6
11: 2.3

Davies WAR:
08: 1.9
09: 0.8
10: 2.0
11: 0.6

Now just so you understand, WAR is flawed because it doesn't take into account Frenchy's grit and plus smiling ability.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2011, 05:05 PM
You've made some compelling arguments in this thread. You seriously know your baseball. I am convinced, Jeff Francouer is an MVP candidate due to his strong arm and leadership.Awesome. My work is done here. :)

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Dave, you're right, I never should have compared Davies to Frenchy. Davies has clearly been the better player in recent years.

Frenchy's WAR:
08: -0.8
09: 0.3
10: 0.6
11: 2.3

Davies WAR:
08: 1.9
09: 0.8
10: 2.0
11: 0.6

Now just so you understand, WAR is flawed because it doesn't take into account Frenchy's grit and plus smiling ability.
Did Frenchy bang your wife?

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Did Frenchy bang your wife?

Does Frenchy gargle you while you white knight him on Chiefs Planet?

KCSupersized
08-18-2011, 05:33 PM
I like the signing, while he might not have the best stats, he brings his lunchbox to work everyday, and is always a pro.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Does Frenchy gargle you while you white knight him on Chiefs Planet?I gargle him :)

Al Bundy
08-18-2011, 05:58 PM
This is a good signing. How long has it been since the Royals have had 4 major league outfielders? Frenchy isn't blocking ANYONE PERIOD.

Demonpenz
08-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Everyone makes it to meetings on time and comes with a decent attitude that is in tribute of what Frenchy brings to the table

tk13
08-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Definitely has bust potential. But I don't think that contract is that bad. We now live in a world where Jayson Werth gets $120+ million in free agency. A league average player can get a $10 million contract. It's not even what it was 5 years ago. On the flipside, this is a guy who may have a 20/20 year, one of the best arms in the game, and he's only 27 years old. If he continues to put up those numbers, that's a great contract.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-18-2011, 09:03 PM
This is a good signing. How long has it been since the Royals have had 4 major league outfielders? Frenchy isn't blocking ANYONE PERIOD.

Even Prowl agrees. It's official... eazyb... you're the certified moran of the thread. There's always one...

:D

thurman merman
08-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Lorenzo Cain is a CF'er... he'll take Melkys place. Frenchy is a RF'er

Pretty sure he can play right field if he can play center field.

pr_capone
08-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Does Frenchy gargle you while you white knight him on Chiefs Planet?

http://i.imgur.com/fVv4f.jpg

pr_capone
08-19-2011, 02:36 AM
PS... from tonight's game. watch this ****ing LAZER Melky throws to home plate.

<embed width="620" height="590" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=j0yznq&s=7"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=j0yznq&s=7">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

THAT is the guy you want in RF right there Kansas City. You want a guy in KC that can't challenge the runner advancing to third, easily gives up extra bases, and two hops a throw into home from shallow CF and allows the go ahead run to score.