PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Pool table moving

Guru
08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Anybody have any experience with this? Having a hard time finding anyone locally that moves them.

Demonpenz
08-18-2011, 05:05 PM
i ususally start by lifting it off the ground then trying to exert force to where you want to go with your legs

ChiefsFanatic
08-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Anybody have any experience with this? Having a hard time finding anyone locally that moves them.

What size? One piece or three piece slate?

Okie_Apparition
08-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Some one do this guy a solids

Extra Point
08-18-2011, 05:35 PM
i ususally start by lifting it off the ground then trying to exert force to where you want to go with your legs

Yeah, get off your ass, bitch.

RedNeckRaider
08-18-2011, 05:42 PM

This is the question. You rent a cart for the body. Remove the slate(s) and legs and it is not that tough to move. If it is a bar type one piece slate (such as a Valley) it is really easy to move. Larger 3 piece slate tables can be more complicated. Either way very doable with two average men even out of a basement~

chasedude
08-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Sounds like a nice pain in the ass problem you have there.

Okie_Apparition
08-18-2011, 05:44 PM
If it's a honeycomb get Bowe, Baldwin & Breaston

Groves
08-18-2011, 05:45 PM

This.

Most 3.5x7s and 4x8s are one piece, but some of those and most of the larger ones are 3 piece slates.

If it's a 3 piecer you gotta take off the rails and move the base. It's a good time to refelt if needed, but not always necessary.

Call or go to the places that sell them in your area. They'll know a few guys. They also might sell you an overpriced spa or hot tub.

ChiefsFanatic
08-18-2011, 05:56 PM
This.

Most 3.5x7s and 4x8s are one piece, but some of those and most of the larger ones are 3 piece slates.

If it's a 3 piecer you gotta take off the rails and move the base. It's a good time to refelt if needed, but not always necessary.

Call or go to the places that sell them in your area. They'll know a few guys. They also might sell you an overpriced spa or hot tub.

If it is a three piece slate, call John at Art's Billiards, and he can hook you up with Stokes Billiards. If it is a one piece slate, tell me the dimensions. I moved and 8 foot one piece in a Uhaul trailer.

Guru
08-18-2011, 05:57 PM

AMF Playmaster 3 piece slate. 8 ft.

ChiefsFanatic
08-18-2011, 06:05 PM
AMF Playmaster 3 piece slate. 8 ft.

How far are you moving it?

Guru
08-18-2011, 06:11 PM
How far are you moving it?
15 miles

Spott
08-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I've had it done a couple of times and did it once with the help of 3 other guys. I would definitely hire someone to do it if at all possible. They didn't take mine apart but the 2 guys that moved mine looked like they could have been offensive linemen. They took the legs off and tilted it on its side. They put a 4 wheel cart underneath it that was similar to the thing that mechanics sometimes use to get under cars with. I don't remember if they used 1 or 2 of the carts but the table is incredibly heavy. If you are going to do this yourself, I would recommend no less than 4 people doing it.

ChiefsFanatic
08-18-2011, 06:34 PM
15 miles

I moved an 8 foot Valley, with a one piece slate, and it took 6 guys to lift, and it still wasn't easy. I removed the legs, slid it into the Uhaul, and used a furniture dolly to roll it into place.

I also used to work at a pool hall, and had experience moving tables. If you move it yourself, you will swear that you will pay someone the next time.

So, I suggest paying someone.

Guru
08-18-2011, 06:37 PM
I moved an 8 foot Valley, with a one piece slate, and it took 6 guys to lift, and it still wasn't easy. I removed the legs, slid it into the Uhaul, and used a furniture dolly to roll it into place.

I also used to work at a pool hall, and had experience moving tables. If you move it yourself, you will swear that you will pay someone the next time.

So, I suggest paying someone.

this is going downstairs to a basement so it can't stay in one piece. It will have to be broken all the way down. After measuring my walls I don't know that I can make this work now.

I have a play room I wanted to put it in but the dimensions are 12'6 by 14'11". The other side of the basement is bigger but it is our TV room and there are cabinets on one wall.

Spott
08-18-2011, 06:50 PM
this is going downstairs to a basement so it can't stay in one piece. It will have to be broken all the way down. After measuring my walls I don't know that I can make this work now.

I have a play room I wanted to put it in but the dimensions are 12'6 by 14'11". The other side of the basement is bigger but it is our TV room and there are cabinets on one wall.

Have you been to any stores that specifically sell pool tables, foosball tables, etc.? There is one where I live and they had a couple of different movers that they were able to recommend.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Rod,

I think there is a place behind chipotle that sells tables...call them and ask for rich brown

Guru
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Rod,

I think there is a place behind chipotle that sells tables...call them and ask for rich brown

I think I may have spoken to him today. It was a place on Wanamaker and his name was Rich. he charges 275 but I have heard he uses less experienced people for moving tables.

DomerNKC
08-18-2011, 08:52 PM

I have a play room I wanted to put it in but the dimensions are 12'6 by 14'11". The other side of the basement is bigger but it is our TV room and there are cabinets on one wall.I am a professional mover. Once you break the table down, its not really a big deal. You still might want to pay to have it moved.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-18-2011, 08:53 PM
I think I may have spoken to him today. It was a place on Wanamaker and his name was Rich. he charges 275 but I have heard he uses less experienced people for moving tables.

Manager of skinnys recommended him...

mikeyis4dcats.
08-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Moving is the sweaty part, setting it back up and levelling is the skilled part

ReynardMuldrake
08-18-2011, 09:12 PM
You could cut it into pieces and then glue it back together. Do you have a table saw?

redgoldexpress
08-18-2011, 09:36 PM
i do not know what local is for you but if you are in the Independence area you can probably call www.artsbilliardsupplyinc.com and they can probably recommend someone.

Guru
08-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Moving is the sweaty part, setting it back up and levelling is the skilled part

Yeah, found out one of my coworkers has worked with quite a few pool table moves. He is going to help me tear down and move it. Then I will probably hire a pro to set it back up. He stated he can set it up but it wouldn't be as perfect as what a pro can do.

Dave Lane
08-18-2011, 09:48 PM
You could cut it into pieces and then glue it back together. Do you have a table saw?

A table saw would be perfect.

Demonpenz
08-18-2011, 09:59 PM
my dad has this crazy pool table. Very nice on, I don't know where it is now, but once it was gone he was like no way bringing that mess back.

Bump
08-18-2011, 10:05 PM
big time pain in the ass. That shit is heavy!

KcMizzou
08-18-2011, 10:11 PM
All you really need is a Sawzall.

Guru
08-18-2011, 10:36 PM
What? No suggestions of antifreeze yet?

Dayze
08-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Sounds like a nice pain in the ass problem you have there.

LMAO

agreed.

RockChalk
08-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Definitely hire a professional to set it back up. If you have one other average man, you can take the thing apart and move it yourself. The worst part of taking one down is removing all of the staples from the felt.

penguinz
08-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Leave it where it is and buy a new one.

bogey
08-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Personally, I would never attempt to move one myself. I have a 3 slate table and hired a crew to move it and set it up. Money well spent. Go to a dealer, they'll have a list of movers.

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Damn bogey where the hell you been?

bogey
08-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Damn bogey where the hell you been?

Hey MO. I've been lurking. Since Dane left there's nobody on here that pisses me off anymore, so I don't have much to say:). Hope your family is doing well.

Inspector
08-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Check with your friends and see if any of them have telekentic powers. That would probably make it a lot easier.

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Hey MO. I've been lurking. Since Dane left there's nobody on here that pisses me off anymore, so I don't have much to say:). Hope your family is doing well.

Its all good.

RedNeckRaider
08-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Definitely hire a professional to set it back up. If you have one other average man, you can take the thing apart and move it yourself. The worst part of taking one down is removing all of the staples from the felt.

:spock: