PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What Will You Be Watching For Tommorow?

BossChief
08-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Id like to hear what most people think about this prior to the game.

Mine are as follows:

Stay healthy. Just like last week. But at the same time, turn things up a notch.

Cassel needs to start and begin to build some "in game chemistry" with his receivers. He also has to get out healthy, the season rides on his right arm. It would be nice to have him in for 4 series and lead us on a scoring drive in 2 of them.

Id like to see us be able to create some pressure from other players than Hali. Houston, Dorsey, Gilberry and Studebaker (maybe even guys like Bailey, Sheffield and Jackson) should show that as a unit of pass rushers they can take advantage of what Hali does for this defense.

Ngata vs Asamoah and Richardson...Hudson and Cody...our receivers vs their corners...some great matchups to watch for.

Id like to see Stanzi get the #2 snaps to see what he can do with better talent and also against better talent. Wasting that opportunity on falco would be exactly that, a waste.

What do you expect to see tomorrow?

thurman merman
08-18-2011, 11:02 PM
I would like to see Cassel attempt a pass.

MIAdragon
08-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Less suck.

Bowser
08-18-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm looking forward to the inevitable supernova meltdown of ChiefsPlanet.

mcaj22
08-18-2011, 11:08 PM
improvement at every position from the 1st to 5th string to the cheerleaders to Todd Haley's 5 o clock shadow

CaliforniaChief
08-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Scoring points would be nice.

In all seriousness, I'd like to see the #1 offense develop a rhythm and score on their first possession.

I'd like to see Stanzi establish himself as the clear #2.

Finally, I'd like to see Baldwin compete against some of the Ravens' starters.

wazu
08-18-2011, 11:12 PM
No injuries. And Powe killing another QB.

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2011, 11:13 PM
I want to see Powe run 60 yards and flatten a Raven.

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2011, 11:14 PM
IN FOR EDGAR ALLAN POWE/RAVENS JOKES

ZootedGranny
08-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Powe hitting Joe Flacco's eyebrow with a Yokozuna splash.

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2011, 11:17 PM
while i dropped back, nearly passing, suddenly there came A-gapping
as of someone gently rushing, rushing at my QB's door

Okie_Apparition
08-18-2011, 11:18 PM
The ghost of Ed Reed's brother blowing the ball off the tee

RustShack
08-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Stanzi needs more carries.

Nightfyre
08-18-2011, 11:19 PM
I expect to monitor the conditioning of the backups!

Direckshun
08-18-2011, 11:19 PM
while i dropped back, nearly passing, suddenly there came A-gapping
as of someone gently rushing, rushing at my QB's door

Quoth the Flacco: NOT THE 3-4!!!

KCFalcon59
08-18-2011, 11:36 PM
A first down, maybe a completion. A sack would be nice.

Direckshun
08-18-2011, 11:40 PM
I'll be watching my pet favorites, really:

OLB Erik Bakhtiari
OT David Mims
CB Jalil Brown
NT Jerrell Powe
DE Amon Gordon

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2011, 11:42 PM
I'd like to see Allen Bailey just haul off and clobber someone.

Just once.

Lonewolf Ed
08-19-2011, 12:07 AM
And quoth the Croyle: Nevermore!

I won't miss you, Brodie.

KC Tattoo
08-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Some sort of a passing game that makes us a better team. An urgency to get the ball down the field moving the sticks for first downs, leading to a score.

Good pass protection and O line not give a jail house rock to our QBs.

Am hoping Gaithers is healthy to play and give reason why he should take over the LT spot over Brandon Albert. I still like Brandon Albert but since his wait loss have less confidense in him.

Want to see Barry Richardson do good at RT not giving any reason he should give up his starting job.

Definitely want to see what the rookies have to bring to the table. I can accept mistakes, but want to see the hustle in there hearts why we drafted them.

KC Tattoo
08-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Some sort of a passing game that makes us a better team. An urgency to get the ball down the field moving the sticks for first downs, leading to a score.

Good pass protection and O line not give a jail house rock to our QBs.

Am hoping Gaithers is healthy to play and give reason why he should take over the LT spot over Brandon Albert. I still like Brandon Albert but since his wait loss have less confidense in him.

Want to see Barry Richardson do good at RT not giving any reason he should give up his starting job.

Definitely want to see what the rookies have to bring to the table. I can accept mistakes, but want to see the hustle in there hearts why we drafted them.(like POWE did last week)

Exoter175
08-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Stanzi needs more carries.

rofl....

1: Pass Protection, if it makes it into the stadium this week.
2-9: Stanzi

10: The game @ 9 or 10 on NFL Network because I'll be working :(

Bewbies
08-19-2011, 12:50 AM
What I want to see the Chiefs do?

Not tomorrow, but some point this season....punch a really good team in the mouth and administer a beat down.

RustShack
08-19-2011, 01:03 AM
I want to see someone grab some nuts for Shaun Smith. Someone on this team needs a mean streak and attitude.

BossChief
08-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Someone on this team needs a mean streak and attitude.

Asamoah
McClain
Gaither
Richardson

lots more, but those surely fit that

BigRock
08-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Harbaugh says they're gameplanning like it's a normal game, so we're going to end up getting killed. With that in mind, I want to see us completely waste their time. Run the option. Blitz all eleven guys on defense. Do things they won't see again so they get nothing from it.

Daru
08-19-2011, 02:29 AM
This will be good but the Raven destruction needs to be there. And for Cassels pass to go in. Lets score!

Just Passin' By
08-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Line play on both sides of the ball, with a particular focus on the O-line. Without serious game planning to add into what the edge players are trying to do, I'll be looking more at the one-on-one battles in the trenches, and at how the team works to counter a player like Ngata. If the Chiefs can hold their own against the Ravens, that's a good start for their season.

For the Ravens, I'll be watching to see how their new receivers seem to be fitting in with Flacco.

Crush
08-19-2011, 05:42 AM
I would like to see Palko cut before, during, or after the game.

Fritz88
08-19-2011, 05:45 AM
Rookies
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
08-19-2011, 06:07 AM
I would like to see Palko cut before, during, or after the game.

hopefully across the forehead

|Zach|
08-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Crabs.

Wilson8
08-19-2011, 06:23 AM
Side Note to tonight's Chiefs Ravens Game. Tampa Bay got torn apart in last nights game against New England. It was 28 - 0 at half time. I guess that the Chiefs must have beaten up Tampa Bay so bad last week, they had to rest this week.

For tonights game I'd like to see Cassel complete several passes. I'd like to see the KC starting offensive line look good as a unit and give Cassel some time to throw. I want to see Houston and Bailey get after Joe Flacco and chase him around the field.

Smed1065
08-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Balls, Passes and a nice D.

No, not DD. Well if all else fails, DDD.

Line play actually.

michaelj_58
08-19-2011, 06:49 AM
I want see our starters play well and score and play a little defense,Tamba should play for a while tonight!!!!!!!!!and no injury,s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inspector
08-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Preseason or regular season, I'm always looking for at least one touchdown from special teams and one from defense...and several by offense.

Zeke
08-19-2011, 07:41 AM
That MILF to be flashing her titties in the Hall of Honor.

durtyrute
08-19-2011, 07:52 AM
I'd like to see us play like we know what's going on. I'd like to see the starters play for more than two or three series.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Im looking for improvement from these guys

-Chandler Williams
-Cody Slate
-Javes Lewis
-Butch Lewis
-Jackie Battle
-Tyler Palko

ReynardMuldrake
08-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Improved play from our O-line and no injuries.

ChiTown
08-19-2011, 08:14 AM
I'll be checking periodically to see if our team has a pulse. They looked dead last week.

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 08:32 AM
turnovers, a passing game, tackles on first contact, helmets to the ball carrier.

Stanzi

Reerun_KC
08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
I am more interested in Saturday mornings CP Cheroynobal Meltdown than I am this game....

Lots and lots of expectations and hopes will most likely take another self esteem hit this weekend...

What the fans want and the Chiefs are going to most likely do are the difference between night and day..

Saturday morning could be some solid reading material...

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 08:41 AM
I am more interested in Saturday mornings CP Cheroynobal Meltdown than I am this game....

Lots and lots of expectations and hopes will most likely take another self esteem hit this weekend...

What the fans want and the Chiefs are going to most likely do are the difference between night and day..

Saturday morning could be some solid reading material...

you should see the texts messages during the game. I threatened to stab my mother and laugh last week.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
you should see the texts messages during the game. I threatened to stab my mother and laugh last week.

:hmmm:

Maybe just slap her next time... Less messy?

keg in kc
08-19-2011, 08:44 AM
No injuries.

Better tackling, better o-line play.

Extra Point
08-19-2011, 08:57 AM
A good first snap exchange.

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 09:02 AM
:hmmm:

Maybe just slap her next time... Less messy?

she lives outside of tampa. thinks cause shes my mamma she can razz me about my club.:mad::cuss:

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 09:03 AM
I didnt think the o-line played terrible. I thought the d-line played like shit, zero penetration.

edit

Coogs
08-19-2011, 09:29 AM

Mine are as follows:

Stay healthy. Just like last week. But at the same time, turn things up a notch.

Cassel needs to start and begin to build some "in game chemistry" with his receivers. He also has to get out healthy, the season rides on his right arm. It would be nice to have him in for 4 series and lead us on a scoring drive in 2 of them.

Id like to see us be able to create some pressure from other players than Hali. Houston, Dorsey, Gilberry and Studebaker (maybe even guys like Bailey, Sheffield and Jackson) should show that as a unit of pass rushers they can take advantage of what Hali does for this defense.

Ngata vs Asamoah and Richardson...Hudson and Cody...our receivers vs their corners...some great matchups to watch for.

Id like to see Stanzi get the #2 snaps to see what he can do with better talent and also against better talent. Wasting that opportunity on falco would be exactly that, a waste.

A lot of what you have mentioned is what I will be watching.

A few of other things on my list...

Kelly Greg and Powe at the NT. Can thy command the double team and hold the point. If they can our defense should take a big step forward.

Dexter McCluster as a RB. His run last friday night was electric. Much like I expected to see. Would like to see him get 4 or 5 carries tonight.

Steve Breaston in the slot. At least one ball thrown his direction to just for the heck of it.

SuperChief
08-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Tackling (or lack thereof). I"m hoping to see some major improvements because of the extra time in pads this past week. It's fundamental, dammit!

gonefishin53
08-19-2011, 09:48 AM
tackling and pass pro.

Hydrae
08-19-2011, 10:56 AM

Kelly Greg and Powe at the NT. Can thy command the double team and hold the point. If they can our defense should take a big step forward.

Dexter McCluster as a RB. His run last friday night was electric. Much like I expected to see. Would like to see him get 4 or 5 carries tonight.

Steve Breaston in the slot. At least one ball thrown his direction to just for the heck of it.

I was just looking and in a quick search did not find it, is there a video out there of this run?

Chiefnj2
08-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Physicality. They finished last year being manhandled. They've had a relatively soft and easy camp. They need to be the aggressor and set the tone of the game.

I also want Stanzi to throw a TD pass so I can read 1000 posts next week how Stanzi should be starting week 3 of preseason and if he does well he should be the starter this year.

Deberg_1990
08-19-2011, 11:09 AM
I dont care what i see as long as nobody gets hurts.

If the Chiefs lose 35-0, Cassel throws 4 INT's and 5 yards passing, and nobody gets injured, thats a huge win.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2011, 11:10 AM

Dex's 8 yard rush and 3rd and 10 in the 1st quarter?

rocknrolla
08-19-2011, 11:13 AM
More Stanzi. I would really like to see what he can do, if he can actually get some time to throw the ball. Rather than just running for his life.

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

So I can't imagine I'll end up disappointed.

lcarus
08-19-2011, 11:23 AM
The ghost of Ed Reed's brother blowing the ball off the tee

As long as he doesn't teach Tyson Jackson his swim move.

MahiMike
08-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Im looking for improvement from these guys

-Chandler Williams
-Cody Slate
-Javes Lewis
-Butch Lewis
-Jackie Battle
-Tyler Palko

Why? So they can have a moment in the spot light before they get cut?

MahiMike
08-19-2011, 11:27 AM
I wanna see both Houston and Hali in at the same time.
I wanna see the how the individual players on the OL play (can't expect them to work together as a unit yet).
I wanna see Stanzi play with the #1 OL.
I wanna see Charles on the bench until the 1st real game. Instead, let McLain block/run.
I wanna see a play-action pass on 1st play of the game and Cassel throw the bomb.
I wanna see Flacco intercepted at least once.

King_Chief_Fan
08-19-2011, 11:29 AM
I want to see a team come out and bang it like Pissburg did.

What did Tomlin do to get those players ready (other than having a lot of veteran pros returning)

oh yeah, how about at least 1 pass thrown by Cassel?

Coogs
08-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Dex's 8 yard rush and 3rd and 10 in the 1st quarter?

Yeah, that would be the one. That was a damn fine run.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Baldwin eating nachos in the press box.

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 04:27 PM
With the update to the GIF'd up thread, I will be watching for Powe to choke more bitches.

Okie_Apparition
08-19-2011, 04:28 PM
We won't have to watch Ray Lewis' chicken dance tonight. Doesn't look like he'll play

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2011, 05:38 PM
A Stanzi long-bomb TD, wich will occur in the next offensive series right after a juicy Casselception on a bubble screen of all things...

KCUnited
08-19-2011, 05:40 PM
A Frank Haith photo op with Ray Lewis.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Cassel can hand off to to Thomas Jones like a motherfucker! That alone should guarantee a starting position.

petegz28
08-19-2011, 05:48 PM
A reason not to switch over to the Royals game

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 05:56 PM
A Dick Stanzi deep bomb to Baldwin. Oh wait.....thanks TJ...

keg in kc
08-19-2011, 06:23 PM
A reason not to switch over to the Royals gameThe fact that it's a Royals game isn't reason enough?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2011, 10:50 PM
A Dick Stanzi deep bomb to Baldwin. Oh wait.....thanks TJ...

Cassel doing nothing. Oh wait!

Coogs
08-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by BossChief

Mine are as follows:

We saw a lot of these things tonight. On the throw right before Cassel completed a pass to Breaston, he had a chance to hit Breaston for a TD, but instead went to Bowe who was covered... but in Cassels defense, he was under some pressure. I think he still could have seen Breaston was going to beat his man and Bowe wasn't at the point of release, but that is the chemistry thing you were talking about.

I really also liked watching Jim Zorn work with the guys last night. Not just the QB's, but receivers and running backs were also checking in as they came off of the field. And Zorn and Haley seemed to be working well together on the sideline shots they showed to those two together.

Lot's of things to build on tonight on both sides of the ball. During the regular season we have to get 7 instead of 3 out of the first turnover opportunity though. That was probably my biggest disappointment of the night.