PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Baldwin (WR) Injured in Fight

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tertullian
08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Per Rotoworld:

Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City reports that rookie Jonathan Baldwin is likely done for the preseason after injuring his wrist in a locker-room brawl with running back Thomas Jones.
Well, this won't help Baldwin move up the depth chart or endear him to teammates. Jones has always been a locker-room favorite. A Chiefs source tells Wright that Baldwin, "is as advertised. Diva, spoiled, doesn't wanna listen. Can run a Go and a Slant, and doesn't wanna work." Baldwin reportedly refused to learn how to beat press coverage before the injury. He's safe to leave off fantasy draft boards. Dwayne Bowe, Jerheme Urban, and Steve Breaston will open the year as Kansas City's top three receivers

UPDATE: Confirmed
@AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Chiefs being very mum on this, but it happened. RT @ProFootballTalk: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight bit.ly/q15Hxo

UPDATE 2 (from Rotoworld):
Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City "keeps hearing" that Jonathan Baldwin might miss 6-8 weeks after injuring his wrist in a locker-room fight.
Wright confirms Baldwin is "extremely doubtful" for the opener, and it's fair to wonder if the Chiefs will consider placing him on injured reserve if two months is the accurate timetable. It sounds like Baldwin has a fractured wrist.

UPDATE 3 (from Rotoworld):
Kevin Kietzman of 810 WHB in Kansas City confirms that Jonathan Baldwin has a cracked thumb -- not a broken wrist as initially reported.
Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City has since changed his report to state that Baldwin's injury is to his thumb. Regardless, it's a multi-week injury and will kill any chance Baldwin had at a Week 1 starting job. Per Keitzman, the Baldwin-Thomas Jones fight began when the rookie "got into a heated exchange" with Jamaal Charles in Tuesday's practice. Baldwin and Jones later came to blows, and "[s]ome vets indicate they can’t stand Baldwin’s sense of entitlement." Leading up to the draft, NFL Network's Mike Mayock reported that Baldwin "had a well-earned reputation as a diva." It's carried over from Pitt to the NFL.

eazyb81
08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
WTF?

blaise
08-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Jones doesn't seem like a guy I'd want to pick a fight with.

durtyrute
08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
DAMMIT, BITCH FACE

pr_capone
Per Rotoworld:

Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City reports that rookie Jonathan Baldwin is likely done for the preseason after injuring his wrist in a locker-room brawl with running back Thomas Jones.
Well, this won't help Baldwin move up the depth chart or endear him to teammates. Jones has always been a locker-room favorite. A Chiefs source tells Wright that Baldwin, "is as advertised. Diva, spoiled, doesn't wanna listen. Can run a Go and a Slant, and doesn't wanna work." Baldwin reportedly refused to learn how to beat press coverage before the injury. He's safe to leave off fantasy draft boards. Dwayne Bowe, Jerheme Urban, and Steve Breaston will open the year as Kansas City's top three receivers

Wow. Haley is gonna crawl up his ass after this.

What a fucking moron.

Thig Lyfe
say what now

Dartgod
R

kcmaxwell
08-19-2011, 10:46 AM

Thats what I was thinking...

Deberg_1990
08-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Bust

keg in kc
08-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Something tells me if he refused to work on other routes or on beating press coverage, we would have heard about it days ago. Not to mention he wouldn't have been playing in the 2nd quarter of the preseason game. Haley would have held him out or played him late in the 4th to send a message, if history is any indication.

KCUnited
Baldwhinning

loochy
Who in the blue hell would want to fight Thomas freaking Jones?

Chief_in_Commander
funny nick said "scuffle" and they put "brawl"

Sofa King
God damnit Baldwin you stupid son of a bitch.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2011, 10:48 AM

Just stand behind the 3rd and 1 marker. He'll never reach you.

DaFace
08-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Wow. That's...something.

Mile High Mania
Stay down... b*tch?

Direckshun
This is about the worst thing that can happen.

A fight.

In the locker room, not on the field.

With an offensive player, not a defense player.

With a projected starter, not a camp body.

And with one of the most popular guys in the locker room.

God damn.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 10:50 AM
I'll believe it when something is actually confirmed. Until then, none of this BS makes any sense.

DaFace
This is about the worst thing that can happen.

A fight.

In the locker room, not on the field.

With an offensive player, not a defense player.

With a projected starter, not a camp body.

And with one of the most popular guys in the locker room.

God damn.

It's a truly impressive display of dumbassery, to be sure.

Molitoth
I hope they can void him of his contract for mishaps like this if it's true.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 10:51 AM
It's a truly impressive display of dumbassery, to be sure.

What's impressive to me is how many people are actually believing this baseless rumor.

Just yesterday Nick Wrong was telling everyone how his absence was not injury related....but today it is....

Mmmkay....

ILChief
08-19-2011, 10:52 AM
I like how everyone assumes it was Baldwin's fault

doomy3
What's impressive to me is how many people are actually believing this baseless rumor.

Just yesterday Nick Wrong was telling everyone how his absence was not injury related....but today it is....

Mmmkay....

You think Nick just came up with this off the top of his head?

Detoxing

Or how everyone assumes it's even true.

keg in kc
Flashing back to Jones on the sidelines of the bucs game after an almost late hit, I also start wonder what's up with him, if this story is actually true. He was jawing off to Tampa guys and acting like he wanted to fight about that, and I don't remember seeing that kind of thing from him in the past.

Direckshun
08-19-2011, 10:53 AM

Mmmkay....

That's fair.

At this point, there is no competing explanation.

I really hope the Chiefs suspend him for a game. Haley CANNOT let this fly.

Think of Herm suspending LJ for a couple games.

Pants
08-19-2011, 10:53 AM

I don't know, did the Chiefs lose Charles? I have nothing against Nick Wright, dude is hilarious on his show at times, but he's also a shitty journalist.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 10:54 AM

Probably not. But clearly one of his sources is Assclown...and yes, I do believe that THAT guy would make up some BS like this.

Just like we were going to trade Brandon Carr and Sign Nnamdi Asstomouth.

-King-

If it's true, then I'm pretty sure it is his fault. Thomas Jones is one of the most respected guys on the league, so I'm pretty sure he wouldnt start shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun

One has a history of behavior counter-productive to his team.

The other one has a history of being one of the most popular guys in the locker room.

Radar Chief
08-19-2011, 10:55 AM

Saw Jones on The Car Show a couple of weeks ago and dude is built. If I was going to fight the guy I'd make damn sure it was over something more than a locker room dissagreement.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Unreal

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 10:56 AM
One has a history of behavior counter-productive to his team.

Really? C'mon dude. As a True Chiefs fan you know damn well that's BS.

He complained about his QB and Coach. That's it.

He's not a thug, he doesn't spit on women and he doesn't go around punching team mates.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Do you think Haley will begin his press conference by telling Baldwin to take off his diaper?

Sofa King
08-19-2011, 10:58 AM
I want to see Todd Haley fight Jon McGraw.

-King-
08-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Really? C'mon dude. As a True Chiefs fan you know damn well that's BS.

He complained about his QB and Coach. That's it.

He's not a thug, he doesn't spit on women and he doesn't go around punching team mates.

Isn't complaining about teammates and coaches counter productive to the team?
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
08-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Who in the blue hell would want to fight Thomas freaking Jones?

Baldwin is twice as tall as him! Question is, how do you tick off the most professional guy on the team? I'm not sure I'm buying this.

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 11:00 AM

When has that douchebag ever been above just making things up?

Him and his little morning show lackwit, Bob Fescoe, pretty much combine forces to create rumors, peddle them all day, then get indignant when Todd Haley blows Wright's disphit rumor mongering off during a presser.

The "Charles wants out because he has to stay in a dorm" thing last year was the most pathetic tripe I've ever seen. Wright just made it up, then when Haley blew him off, Wright and Fescoe started yammering about how it was obviously correct because Haley wouldn't confirm it.

WTF kind of backwards logic is that?

Wright's an annoying twerp with an axe to grind.

I'll wait until I hear it from someone else before I put any stock in it - Wright's absolutely prone to just throwing shit at the wall.

MahiMike
08-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Flashing back to Jones on the sidelines of the bucs game after an almost late hit, I also start wonder what's up with him, if this story is actually true. He was jawing off to Tampa guys and acting like he wanted to fight about that, and I don't remember seeing that kind of thing from him in the past.

Roid rage?

blaise
08-19-2011, 11:02 AM
They'll just say it's a locker room issue. They'll move past it, etc.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Isn't complaining about teammates and coaches counter productive to the team?
Posted via Mobile Device

It was one little comment and now all of a sudden this guy is prone to picking fist fights with team mates?

And that same coach went on record saying that Baldwin is not a problem and he just had that one little outburst out of frustration.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2011, 11:03 AM
It was one little comment and now all of a sudden this guy is prone to picking fist fights with team mates?

And that same coach went on record saying that Baldwin is not a problem and he just had that one little outburst out of frustration.

The allegations of having a diva-like personality were separate from the bashing of the QB.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 11:04 AM
When has that douchebag ever been above just making things up?

Him and his little morning show lackwit, Bob Fescoe, pretty much combine forces to create rumors, peddle them all day, then get indignant when Todd Haley blows Wright's disphit rumor mongering off during a presser.

The "Charles wants out because he has to stay in a dorm" thing last year was the most pathetic tripe I've ever seen. Wright just made it up, then when Haley blew him off, Wright and Fescoe started yammering about how it was obviously correct because Haley wouldn't confirm it.

WTF kind of backwards logic is that?

Wright's an annoying twerp with an axe to grind.

I'll wait until I hear it from someone else before I put any stock in it - Wright's absolutely prone to just throwing shit at the wall.

This.

I thought this was common knowledge around here. Every year we hear the same kind of Baseless, BS rumors from him and it never seems to fail.

I'll wait till something substantial comes along.

Stryker
08-19-2011, 11:04 AM
If it is BS then he will be in the game tonight. If he does not play tonight at all then...

:hmmm:

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Dumbass.

Detoxing
The allegations of having a diva-like personality were separate from the bashing of the QB.

no they weren't. That's where it all stems from. He bitched about his coach and Qb not getting him the ball.

Ever since then he's been a Diva with a bad attitude.

Von Dumbass
You can't post stuff like this for the world to see if you are a media guy and have it not be true. I believe it.

Oregon chief
This can't be true. God I hope not.

keg in kc
08-19-2011, 11:06 AM
The funniest thing would be if his "source" was an angry jones 5 minutes after the "fight".

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 11:06 AM
If it is BS then he will be in the game tonight. If he does not play tonight at all then...

:hmmm:

He may not play. That does not mean this rumor is true. There are a number of reasons he could be out.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 11:08 AM
You can't post stuff like this for the world to see if you are a media guy and have it not be true. I believe it.

Are you new here or something?

Half the shit that comes from KC's media is made up. They know nothing. Pioli has that bitch on lock down. So they make shit up to give their audience something to talk about. It's been happening every year since Pioli/Haley took over.

The fact that people are jumping to conclusions so fast is a little shocking to me.

blaise
08-19-2011, 11:09 AM

Really?

KCUnited
08-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Jones was pissed Baldwin couldn't hold his block for 2 minutes for him to get to the edge.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-19-2011, 11:10 AM
I want to see Todd Haley fight Jon McGraw.

I wanna see Dexter McCleon fight Jared Gaither.

keg in kc
08-19-2011, 11:10 AM

Half the shit that comes from KC's media is made up. They know nothing. Pioli has that bitch on lock down. So they make shit up to give their audience something to talk about. It's been happening every year since Pioli/Haley took over. It started long before that. There's some notorious stories about Kevin Kietzman making stuff up while Peterson was here.

AirForceChief
08-19-2011, 11:11 AM
no they weren't. That's where it all stems from. He bitched about his coach and Qb not getting him the ball.

Don't forget he also voiced his concern that his head coach and position coach were game planning in order to drop his draft value...this guy's had red flags for a while.

blaise
It started long before that. There's some notorious stories about Kevin Kietzman making stuff up while Peterson was here.

Kietzman never met a conspiracy theory he didn't buy into.

Chiefnj2

There were character concerns before the interview where he trashed his QB.

the Talking Can
just glad it isn't a serious injury....may take a year or two to break the guy like it did with Bowe, but he's talented enough to try it....

i'd rather this drama than losing a starter to injury...the team will work that shit out in the locker room.....

seaofred
08-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Don't forget he also voiced his concern that his head coach and position coach were game planning in order to drop his draft value...this guy's had red flags for a while.
That was during the same rant about his QB at the time.

Deberg_1990

I want to see Marty fight Greg Hill

Jewish Rabbi

So Painter is going to coach at Missouri after all!

Fried Meat Ball!
08-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I want to see Marty fight Greg Hill

Or Johnnie Morton slap fight Tim Krumrie.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 11:14 AM

That's all part of the same twitter outburst he had. It was one incident.

He's been getting praise all offseason for his work ethic and character...one little baseless rumor pops up by a known liar and all of a sudden he's a bad guy again.....

Not buying it. I'll just wait to be proven wrong.

QuikSsurfer
08-19-2011, 11:14 AM
What a dumb shit... So he took a swing at Jones and broke his wrist in the process? I'd imagine hitting TJ would be like hitting a brick wall.

Brock
08-19-2011, 11:15 AM
A locker room fight? So what?

Mile High Mania
08-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Don't forget... TJ also punched Cedric Benson during practice when they were in Chicago... TJ is not afraid to punch a teammate.

SuperChief
08-19-2011, 11:16 AM
That's all part of the same twitter outburst he had. It was one incident.

He's been getting praise all offseason for his work ethic and character...one little baseless rumor pops up by a known liar and all of a sudden he's a bad guy again.....

Not buying it. I'll just wait to be proven wrong.

Save yourself the shame and embarrasment and change your avatar /CP

:D

Pants
It started long before that. There's some notorious stories about Kevin Kietzman making stuff up while Peterson was here.

Keitzman makes up the most outlandish stories on a regular basis and then blames his sources for misinforming him. This is KC Sports Radio 101, man.

QuikSsurfer

Powe has dexter's back... Powe vs Gaither

edit: i meant mccluster... either way -- Powe vs Gaither -- make it happen

Von Dumbass

Half the shit that comes from KC's media is made up. They know nothing. Pioli has that bitch on lock down. So they make shit up to give their audience something to talk about. It's been happening every year since Pioli/Haley took over.

The fact that people are jumping to conclusions so fast is a little shocking to me.

They might have heard wrong on some minor shit but stuff involving a vet like Thomas Jones hurting a first round pick in a scuffle couldn't be reported if it wasn't true. People can lose their jobs by making up crap like that.

Chiefnj2

#1 draft pick who is supposed to be a starting receiver will (if rumor is true) miss the rest of preseason in an already shortened year, and you think it's a "so what"?

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Save yourself the shame and embarrasment and change your avatar /CP

:D

I'll Photoshop him with a black eye and a broken wrist.

the Talking Can
i don't even care if it is true

the Titans cut Blount last year for swinging at a teammate....he went to the Bucs and put up 1000 yards...

they knew he had some flags, they wouldn't have drafted him that high if they weren't prepared to deal w/ this shit....

Mr. Laz
Nick Wright of 610 .... reports
call me skeptical

tymania
Jones is a veteran running back who has had tussles with teammates in the past. Once, he punched Cedric Benson(notes) in the head during practice when they were with the Chicago Bears. At the time, Jones was one of the more respected leaders in the locker room, so it was a situation where the vast majority of players sided with him.

We’ll see what kind of fallout there is from this report.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110819_report_thomas_jones_scuffles_with_1st_round_pick_jon_baldwin

i personally dont believe this non-sense... Wright just needed some BS to talk about before the game tonight

Fried Meat Ball!
Powe has dexter's back... Powe vs Gaither

McCleon, not McCluster.

DJ's left nut

I just hate that suddenly he gets a 'Diva' or a 'malconent' tag because of that.

You know what that is? Immaturity. It's a scared kid.

How many of us haven't been in a situation in our own professions where we feel like we've been set up to fail, especially when we were younger.

He has some growing up to do, I absolutely believe that. I could also see him getting in a fight (because that's what immature kids do).

At the same time, that's completely independent of whether or not he'll take coaching or whether or not he'll run routes. The 'he'll run slants and streaks' garbage is disproven by his first game. And rest assured, if he were jaking it in practice, there's no way he'd have gotten the kind of run he got in that game last week.

The fight may have happened, in fact I'd say it's better than likely that it did, IMO (too 'factual' to risk just making it up) - but the rest of it is just speculative bullshit that Wright has drummed up to get attention. It's his editorial license added to fit the narrative he's been preaching about Baldwin from day 1.

In closing: Nick Wright's a fuckstain.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 11:18 AM
People can lose their jobs making up crap like that.

One would hope, right? But to this day it hasn't happened.

Demonpenz
08-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Steriods really get the instincts out in the open like a caveman, it is likely Thomas Jones saw a penis larger than his and it sent him into a rage, though it was misderected because his instinct to reproduce wasn't harmed, there weren't any ladies in the room it was just kendrick lewis with his hair down.

blaise
08-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Yeah, they're dudes, not women. They fought, it's done. Next day comes and it's over.
If he keeps doing it or breaking bones doing it during the regular season that's another thing, I guess.

QuikSsurfer
McCleon, not McCluster.

yes, yes - i corrected myself.

Fritz88
Shouldve drafted an OL.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
Keitzman makes up the most outlandish stories on a regular basis and then blames his sources for misinforming him. This is KC Sports Radio 101, man.

"I have confirmed that Missouri has received an offer to be the 12th member of the Big 10 Conference...."

Yeah - nobody in this town makes things up. Not ever.

Brock
08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
#1 draft pick who is supposed to be a starting receiver will (if rumor is true) miss the rest of preseason in an already shortened year, and you think it's a "so what"?

yeah, it's too bad he hurt himself, but people are acting like "OMG, what a diva, etc." It's a fight in a locker room and it happens all the time.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
"I have confirmed that Missouri has received an offer to be the 12th member of the Big 10 Conference...."

"a league wide drug ring that is going to blow the NFL apart...."

blaise
08-19-2011, 11:21 AM

Didn't he confirm some coach being hired at Mizzou, also?

DJ's left nut
They might have heard wrong on some minor shit but stuff involving a vet like Thomas Jones hurting a first round pick in a scuffle couldn't be reported if it wasn't true. People can lose their jobs by making up crap like that.

Like when Bernie Miklasz got fired for calling Matt Painter a 100% lock to Mizzou.

Or Keitzmann's swift and stern punishment w/ the Big 10 flap.

You really are an idiot.

Discuss Thrower
Don't forget... TJ also punched Cedric Benson during practice when they were in Chicago... TJ is not afraid to punch a teammate.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Fried Meat Ball!
yes, yes - i corrected myself.

Right. So I still wanna see a Gaither/McCleon smackdown.

KCUnited
08-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Makes you wonder if they'd been able to hit all through training camp, if this would've happened. Sounds like some pent up aggression that could've been left on the field. /Fescoe's Monday morning take.

Chocolate Hog
The routes thing is just piling on IMO.

blaise
Makes you wonder if they'd been able to hit all through training camp, if this would've happened. Sounds like some pent up aggression that could've been left on the field. /Fescoe's Monday morning take.

"Next up, KU assistant coach interviews."

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Man, I really snap-hooked my approach on 13 yesterday. The Jayhawks will win 9 games next year. /Fescoe's Monday morning take.

FYP

Otter
08-19-2011, 11:27 AM
God damnit Baldwin you stupid son of a bitch.

Sums up my thoughts well.

Is Megan OK? She might need whip cream licked off her chest or something. I'm here for ya baby.

rocknrolla
I just hate that suddenly he gets a 'Diva' or a 'malconent' tag because of that.

You know what that is? Immaturity. It's a scared kid.

How many of us haven't been in a situation in our own professions where we feel like we've been set up to fail, especially when we were younger.

He has some growing up to do, I absolutely believe that. I could also see him getting in a fight (because that's what immature kids do).

At the same time, that's completely independent of whether or not he'll take coaching or whether or not he'll run routes. The 'he'll run slants and streaks' garbage is disproven by his first game. And rest assured, if he were jaking it in practice, there's no way he'd have gotten the kind of run he got in that game last week.

The fight may have happened, in fact I'd say it's better than likely that it did, IMO (too 'factual' to risk just making it up) - but the rest of it is just speculative bullshit that Wright has drummed up to get attention. It's his editorial license added to fit the narrative he's been preaching about Baldwin from day 1.

In closing: Nick Wright's a ****stain.

I fully agree. Rep.:clap:

SuperChief
According to someone at WPI, we shouldn't believe the spin. Guy said Baldwin was in Haley's doghouse, though. FWIW. On a phone, or I'd link.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2011, 11:28 AM
According to someone at WPI, we shouldn't believe the spin. Guy said Baldwin was in Haley's doghouse, though. FWIW. On a phone, or I'd link.

Haha WIPE vs Wright. KC Journalism where did you go?

Von Dumbass
08-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Like when Bernie Miklasz got fired for calling Matt Painter a 100% lock to Mizzou.

Or Keitzmann's swift and stern punishment w/ the Big 10 flap.

You really are an idiot.

That is completely different. People get things wrong about coaching hires all the time.

chiefqueen
08-19-2011, 11:29 AM
I hope it's not true, but if it is, I'd go ahead and put him on IR. Let Baldwin start his career next year with a normal offseason of conditioning and OTAs.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I hope it's not true, but if it is, I'd go ahead and put him on IR. Let Baldwin start his career next year with a normal offseason of conditioning and OTAs.

huh?

Von Dumbass
Schefter confirmed the story.

Chiefs being very mum on this, but it happened RT @ProFootballTalk: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight http://t.co/SuXc6sQhttps://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/104605588931088384

Pants
Haha WIPE vs Wright. KC Journalism where did you go?

http://panthercs.ibeatyou.com/21370_ptetb_1212821293.jpg

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 11:31 AM

I'd imagine Haley's mom spends some time in Haley's doghouse.

If you're not in Haley's doghouse at some point in your Chiefs career - be very very worried. It probably means he doesn't give 2 shits about you and you'll be on the street in short order.

Haley's doghouse is more of a 30 room hotel complete with workout facilities and a 4 am wakeup call. It's not someplace where you'll sleep alone, but it's also not someplace where you'll be sleeping in.

Has Herm Edwards softened up the fanbase to the point that they don't recognize that Haley getting in Baldwin's grill is a good thing? That it's very likely a positive step in Baldwin's development? We have 2 years of Todd Haley under our belt by now - recognize the man's approach before throwing Baldwin under a bus.

Brock
08-19-2011, 11:32 AM

ROFL

wazu

Yes, let's do this with all the rookies. Probably smart to do with second-year guys as well as they have never seen a full off-season program.

nychief

because he missed two weeks of practice? Give me a break. He'll be called on this season to produce, and I think he will... If this happened, TJ might have been horsing around with him or hazing him, Nick Wright is wrong a lot more than he is right.

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
That is completely different. People get things wrong about coaching hires all the time.

When they call it speculation, yes they do.

But Bernie said the contract was signed and that Matt Painter was going to be in Busch Stadium to throw out the first pitch the following day.

If you really don't recognize the difference between that and simply mis-firing on some speculation....well of course you don't, you're KnowMo.

Why do I bother?

Count Zarth
08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
God. Fucking. Dammit.

Something always goes wrong.

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 11:34 AM

tirefire for you.

Count Zarth
08-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Baldwin just fucking ruined his credibility in the locker room.

Gonna be tough to repair.

Von Dumbass
08-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Might want to add the Schefter confirmation to the OP.....

Chiefs being very mum on this, but it happened RT @ProFootballTalk: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight

http://t.co/SuXc6sQhttps://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/104605588931088384

loochy
08-19-2011, 11:36 AM
I want to see Mark McMillan fight Barry Richardson.

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Baldwin just ****ing ruined his credibility in the locker room.

:deevee:

horseshit.

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Schefter confirmed the story.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/104605588931088384

Sigh. Baldwin you fucking dumbass. Whatever, get over it and get back to work.

MOhillbilly

Chiefs being very mum on this, but it happened RT @ProFootballTalk: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight

http://t.co/SuXc6sQhttps://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/104605588931088384 (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter/status/104605588931088384)

limp wrist punching is fer chicks n gheys.

bust

DJ's left nut
Baldwin just fucking ruined his credibility in the locker room.

Why?

Jesus - it's a freakin' camp fight.

They happen every single damn season. And you know what? Thomas Jones will be a corpse to this team by this time next season. If Baldwin goes out there and catches 35 balls for 500 yards and comes into next season ready to play - that entire locker room is going to forget this whole thing ever happened.

Jesus there are a lot of damn alarmists in this thread.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Why?

Jesus - it's a freakin' camp fight.

They happen every single damn season. And you know what? Thomas Jones will be a corpse to this team by this time next season. If Baldwin goes out there and catches 35 balls for 500 yards and comes into next season ready to play - that entire locker room is going to forget this whole thing ever happened.

Jesus there are a lot of damn alarmists in this thread.

seriously

if this is our 'bad luck' for the preseason, I'll take it....

blaise
08-19-2011, 11:39 AM
I wonder how bad his hand actually is.

booyaf2
08-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Why wasn't Baldwin at least riding the bike at practice? Their might of been punches thrown, and his wrist is perfectly fine. My guess is that Haley got word of the fight, and told Baldwinning that he was taking a week off for the B.S.

Count Zarth
08-19-2011, 11:40 AM
This is not a regular camp fight. It happened off the field with probably the most respected guy in the locker room.

Baldwin is a punkass rookie...a lot of guys probably resented him already.

SuperChief
08-19-2011, 11:41 AM
This is not a regular camp fight. It happened off the field with probably the most respected guy in the locker room.

I'm pissed/worried about this as well, for obvious reasons, but the sky isn't falling. Take a step back.

AirForceChief
08-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Keep beating Baldwin's ass until he drops the Deva act. That's was "veteran locker room presence" is all about...

Now take your wrapped wrist, get back on the field, and learn how to defeat press coverage...in fact just do whatever the hell the coaches tell you to do, Baldwin.

Iowanian
08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
This seems like the type of thing Haley might put out to a couple of people to try to find leaks in the organization.

Tell one guy this and if it gets out...he's your rat.

the Talking Can

Jones isn't the most respected guy in the locker room, you nancy

performers are respected...Charles, Hali, Flowers, Bowe....

and if Baldwin performs, no one will give a shit what Jones thinks next year....except the customers he is serving at IHOP

vailpass
Al Davis will probably give you 2 firsts and a third for him now.

Thig Lyfe
Thankfully Baldwin doesn't need his wrist to jump for those five yard passes.

Mile High Mania
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Baldwin just ****ing ruined his credibility in the locker room.

Maybe you can create a Gif and make it all better...

SuperChief
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Thankfully Baldwin doesn't need his wrist to jump for those five yard passes.

A CASSEL BASHING POST!!1! NO WAY! FROM YOU??

booyaf2
08-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Maybe you can create a Gif and make it all better...

:LOL:

tymania

http://t.co/SuXc6sQhttps://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/104605588931088384

so is Schefter basing this off of what Nick Wright said or has he confirmed it with his own sources?

Pawnmower
fuck you baldwin. fuck you

You are living people's dream and you treat it like a pile of shit. You shit on the opportunity and you shit on the Chiefs. Fuck you.

DBOSHO
08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Welp, at least urban/breaston is better than chambers....

chiefqueen
huh?

Baldwin had no offseason conditioning, OTAs, and mini-camp b/c of the lockout. Now he is going to miss the majority of the preseason because of his unnecessary actions. Since he missed some much time plus it appears he is "picking-up where he left off" from his college days if I were Haley I would go ahead and put him on IR for the season for two reasons: one, I would not want to stunt the other players progress in learning the offense by having to have him be "brought up to speed" when he returns; two, because or his reputation, the knock on him was that he was a bad teammate @ Pitt, now that trend seems to be continuing. It may just be me but forcing him to sit out a season may just be what he needs right now.

the Talking Can
**** you baldwin. **** you

You are living people's dream and you treat it like a pile of shit. You shit on the opportunity and you shit on the Chiefs. **** you.

you can really tell who the candy asses are....

ReynardMuldrake
This seems like the type of thing Haley might put out to a couple of people to try to find leaks in the organization.

Tell one guy this and if it gets out...he's your rat.

That's an interesting theory... a little counterintel to flush out the leaks. I would not put it past Haley, he puts a premium on secrecy and has a sneaky side to him.

the Talking Can
Baldwin had no offseason conditioning, OTAs, and mini-camp b/c of the lockout. Now he is going to miss the majority of the preseason because of his unnecessary actions. Since he missed some much time plus it appears he is "picking-up where he left off" from his college days if I were Haley I would go ahead and put him on IR for the season for two reasons: one, I would not want to stunt the other players progress in learning the offense by having to have him be "brought up to speed" when he returns; two, because or his reputation, the knock on him was that he was a bad teammate @ Pitt, not that trend seems to be continuing. It may just be may but forcing him to sit out a season may just be what he needs right now.

huh?

Okie_Apparition
08-19-2011, 11:47 AM
A Nick Wright word filter or smilie shouldn't be off the table

gblowfish
08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm glad we're finally getting some contact drills going in camp....

booyaf2
08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
We made the playoffs last year without Baldwin. We've upgraded that position by signing Breaston, as well as the additions of the other draft picks and free agents. Even if he is a bust, its not the end of the world as we know it.

YayMike
08-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Well, we wanted a rumor...and we got one. If it is bullshit, we will know tonight. If true, it sucks ass, let's hope he is ready for the regular season.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2011, 11:52 AM
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Chiefs 1st rd pick Jonathan Baldwin did in fact injure his wrist/hand in a fight with a teammate. Not expected to play tonite. The injury...
11 minutes ago

Iowanian
08-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't really give a shit if he got into a locker room fight.

I'd be far more concerned if the report that he wasn't trying to learn the routes or techniques to beat press coverage. That's just stupid, if he doesn't learn those things, he won't be effective and he won't get a second contract the size of Terrance Cody's belly. I'm not buying it.

No way Haley would have let him play if he was acting a fool. Haley knows how to break a spoiled punk to ride.

gblowfish
08-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Maybe Baldwin was fapping in the locker room, and Jones made him stop?

talastan

This, a word filter that when you type in Nick Wright it gives a disclaimer about false information. :thumb:

Extra Point
Why wasn't Baldwin at least riding the bike at practice? Their might of been punches thrown, and his wrist is perfectly fine. My guess is that Haley got word of the fight, and told Baldwinning that he was taking a week off for the B.S.

Now, that's learning separation for ya.

the Talking Can
Chiefs 1st rd pick Jonathan Baldwin did in fact injure his wrist/hand in a fight with a teammate. Not expected to play tonite. The injury...
11 minutes ago

is not expected to linger into the regular season, but doctors are looking into it.

Saul Good
Baldwin had no offseason conditioning, OTAs, and mini-camp b/c of the lockout. Now he is going to miss the majority of the preseason because of his unnecessary actions. Since he missed some much time plus it appears he is "picking-up where he left off" from his college days if I were Haley I would go ahead and put him on IR for the season for two reasons: one, I would not want to stunt the other players progress in learning the offense by having to have him be "brought up to speed" when he returns; two, because or his reputation, the knock on him was that he was a bad teammate @ Pitt, now that trend seems to be continuing. It may just be me but forcing him to sit out a season may just be what he needs right now.

Run along now, (smack on your ass), man talk.

booger
08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't take much Wright has to say very serious like most here have said. This past week it seems things got heated up in practice. They looked terrible against Tampa. It is pre season and not much in terms of the big picture. I can see Haley and the staff using it as a opportunity to chew some ass and turn things up a notch.

Studebaker actually drilled Palko in practice. That is the most obvious do not do in camp is hit the QB. It's not like Studebaker is some wired hot knucklehead either. Haley might have found a way to really get under everyone's skin.

It doesn't take much to piss someone off and take a swing at another. He probably missed and hit the wall or locker and broke his wrist (guessing). Big fucking deal. How many times in sports do you see dipshits take a swing at someone with a helmet on, pitchers in baseball going nuts and punching water coolers and the wall, plenty of stuff like that.

This doesn't mean too much in the big picture. If it even happened.

Knowmo you little donkey lover. John Fox goes ass to mouth w/Shefter in Bowlens office and they wipe their butts with his fur coats while Elway is at the equine vet getting his teeth cleaned.

DJ's left nut

and if Baldwin performs, no one will give a shit what Jones thinks next year....except the customers he is serving at IHOP

No shit.

You think Charles is kissing Jones ring or something? I'm pretty damn sure Flowers doesn't go telling everyone else in the secondary to shut up and listen to the words of Thomas Jones - wise sage.

Jones is just like Mike brokedick Vrabel. For every player that respects the veteran leader, there's a kid on that team that calls him grandpa behind his back.

I'll bet Flowers is freakin' revered in that locker room. I'll bet Lilja gets a ton of love. I'm betting McClain has already supplanted Jones as the 'lead dog' veteran RB in the stable.

When the old guys at office that have clearly lost their fastball try to spout widsom, I'll nod my head, give them their platitudes, then I'll go next door to the guy that's only a few years older than me but who gets shit done.

Those are the respected ones.

talastan

Okay I ROFL at that one! REP.

Pawnmower
you can really tell who the candy asses are....

Oh im sure you would kneel down and suck his dick for being such a tough guy?

You're so tuff...

He is disappointing everyone....A lot of people in his place would take it as a once in a lifetime opportunity...How is that candy ass?

Direckshun
08-19-2011, 11:55 AM

I take it you've never competing in anything higher than peewee sports.

Great players are respected in the locker room, but you need guys that serve as the heart of the team when adversity strikes -- which, by the way, it always does.

TJ is one of those guys.

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2011, 11:55 AM
A CASSEL BASHING POST!!1! NO WAY! FROM YOU??

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/159/395/tumblr_loi5vxo9IW1qawy1r.gif?1312813884

Brock
08-19-2011, 11:56 AM

Great players are respected in the locker room, but you need guys that serve as the heart of the team when adversity strikes -- which, by the way, it always does.

TJ is one of those guys.

Thomas Jones isn't a great player. He may be a locker room leader, but he's also a guy on his 5th team and on the last legs of his career.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 11:57 AM

TJ is one of those guys.

wrong...and Jones isn't the heart of the team

it's slander to people on our team that actually matter, that have actually developed in KC, to say so...

and wrong...

the locker room will handle this....but it appears the Chiefsplanet cherry has been popped and may never recover

BigMeatballDave
Well, this sucks.

DJ's left nut

http://alisonmoyet.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/post-63324-1113630842.gif

http://www.insiderforums.com/forums/images/smilies/contributions/jerkoff.gif

http://www.carforums.net/images/smilies/more/0beatoff.gif

Chiefnj2
08-19-2011, 11:58 AM
The tv announcers are thanking God they have something to talk about tonight while the 3rd and 4th stringers play. They will probably bring in Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew for their impressions and views on locker room rage.

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Who gives a shit if Jones is a locker room leader or not?

booger
08-19-2011, 11:59 AM

we'll find out if he sues hustler for his broken hand

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2011, 12:00 PM
well the preseason just became less interesting, o well at least we still have stanzi

the Talking Can
maybe the team hasn't recovered from losing Vrabel, heart of the Chiefs....

or Edwards...heart of the Chiefs

or Smith, team pervert

MOhillbilly

for what makin ten mill ? get right. Its football. Its the NFL. Rooks gotta be put in there place from time to time. Fights happen in locker rooms for a million reasons. Hell i seen one in Houston.

your second sentence is ****in lame.

edit

Iowanian
Jones probably just slapped his hand and forgot his own strength.

"STAAAY OUTTA MAH NACHOS!!!"

DJ's left nut
Thomas Jones isn't a great player. He may be a locker room leader, but he's also a guy on his 5th team and on the last legs of his career.

A fantastic leader that was so critical to the success and locker room of the NYJ that the cut him immediately after an incredibly productive year.

Now he's pretty much lost his burst altogether.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 12:01 PM
A fantastic leader that was so critical to the success and locker room of the NYJ that the cut him immediately after an incredibly productive year.

the Jet's never recovered from such a disrespectful treatment of their Heart....

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Maybe Baldwin told Jones the truth and that Charles needs more carries

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 12:03 PM
do people even realize these are grown men who can handle their business?

are we seriously going to believe the team will fall apart crying like teenage girls because of a locker room fight?

Mr. Plow
08-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Jones was pissed Baldwin couldn't hold his block for 2 minutes for him to get to the edge.

LMAO

Detoxing
08-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Fuck it.

At least we got Keary Fucking Colbert!

lcarus
08-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Please let this not be true.

MOhillbilly

are we seriously going to believe the team will fall apart crying like teenage girls because of a locker room fight?

no play off wins since 93'. Its part of the fan bases culture to shit eggrolls every single time something happens...anything.

the Talking Can
this is a tangent, but I feel so calm about the chiefs it is eerie...

i'm just not worried about shit...Haley will rape your face until you submit

we've got plenty of talented vets to handle shit...

i'll take a bit of drama over injuries

Chocolate Hog

Baldwin has a lot of growing up to do. He didn't fall to the back part of the first round because of his talent.

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
no play off wins since 93'. Its part of the fan bases culture to shit eggrolls every single time something happens...anything.

They're still reeling from the sudden retirement of Mike Vrabel.

He'd have been the guiding hand to get them through this trying time.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Baldwin has a lot of growing up to do. He didn't fall to the back part of the first round because of his talent.

which has what to do with my point about the locker room?

Chiefnj2
08-19-2011, 12:07 PM

Apparently they can't handle their own business because one of the guys is now injured, and that will in turn hurt the team.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I try to tell you all something was up with him 2 days ago.

Dartgod
08-19-2011, 12:08 PM

Dear Lord, he was serious.

:spock:

Chocolate Hog
which has what to do with my point about the locker room?

No need to be such a defensive prick and quit talking about the locker room as if you know what you're speaking about. The only time you've been in the locker room is when you cleaned up at the local gym.

DJ's left nut
Dear Lord, he was serious.

:spock:

What - you don't think punitive roster management is an effective way to run a football team?

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 12:10 PM
They're still reeling from the sudden retirement of Mike Vrabel.

He'd have been the guiding hand to get them through this trying time.

Id rather they bang heads and hash out the locker room now than have a meltdown mid season or in the p word. The injury sucks yes, lessons learned.

motivation, teaching tool, and locker room jostle all squared away in one fell swoop. fine.
move on.
;)

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Apparently they can't handle their own business because one of the guys is now injured, and that will in turn hurt the team.

jesus fug...this incident is 'the business' they will handle....

unless you believe their Heart is broken because someone called Jones "Jones 2.0"....

so we'll win what...3 games now?

all Heart broken and shit about Thomas Jones

Count Zarth
08-19-2011, 12:11 PM
It's not about the locker room as a whole, it's about Baldwin within it.

If his teammates don't accept him now or if there is even the slightest animosity towards him over this it hinders his growth.

Marcellus
08-19-2011, 12:11 PM

:clap:

The drama is awesome though, watching CP meltdown is always fun.

Remember Charles was requesting a trade last year because he couldn't handle Haley or Carthon. LMAO

And Claython, where is all the talk about signing playas not choir boys?

Weren't you part of the Mecca & Dane contingent always bitching that the Chiefs needed more ubertalented players and needed to worry less about character?

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
No need to be such a defensive prick and quit talking about the locker room as if you know what you're speaking about. The only time you've been in the locker room is when you cleaned up at the local gym.

in other words, it had nothing to do with what I wrote..is the answer

MOhillbilly

If his teammates don't accept him now or if there is even the slightest animosity towards him over this it hinders his growth.

whatev. you cant tell any of that.

Brock

Yeah, bullshit.

Sofa King
08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I want to see Dan Saleamua fight Knowmo.

I also want to see Mr. Flopnuts and Mohillbilly in a handicap tag team match against the entire Chiefs cheerleader squad.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 12:14 PM

actually, making mistakes is the best way to accelerate growth...

he has a perfect chance to realize the consequences of his actions and learn from it...along with a face raping from Haley...

better now than later....although I am worried about Jones fee fees

lcarus
I really don't care if he shit in Thomas Jones mouth and raped Warpaint in the back of a bus that has "Sugar cubes" spraypainted on the side. I hope he plays this season.

Tertullian
From Rotoworld:

Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City "keeps hearing" that Jonathan Baldwin might miss 6-8 weeks after injuring his wrist in a locker-room fight.
Wright confirms Baldwin is "extremely doubtful" for the opener, and it's fair to wonder if the Chiefs will consider placing him on injured reserve if two months is the accurate timetable. It sounds like Baldwin has a fractured wrist.

Count Zarth
Do you really think attitudes towards Baldwin haven't now changed within that locker room?

The next time he walks in he's going to be getting cold shoulders.

Ugly Duck
I dunno what's the dig deal. Lotsa players get dinged in preseason & lotsa WRs are divas. Isn't this just business as usual?

Okie_Apparition
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
I seem to recall a McClain tweet about Charles wanting someone for a teammate. I thought it a little strange at the time. With McClain wanting carries

Count Zarth
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
From Rotoworld:

Well, this fucking sucks.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 12:16 PM
i have to agree...I don't give a flying fuck about Jones either

Baldwin matters to the future of this team, Jones doesn't

Discuss Thrower
Dumpass.

SuperChief
Damn. If true, this latest tidbit is a bummer, for sure.

the Talking Can
well...there is the injury part

that does suck

Chocolate Hog
08-19-2011, 12:18 PM

that does suck

Uh yeah.

Brock
08-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Do you really think attitudes towards Baldwin haven't now changed within that locker room?

How can you make that assumption? How many locker rooms have you personally been a part of?

alanm
08-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Al Davis will probably give you 2 firsts and a third for him now.Run with it. ;)

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 12:19 PM

No I don't, not for a minute.

This is a very young football team. When Baldwin walks into that lockerroom, if there's a division at all, the 25 and younger crowd is going to side with him.

Those are the same guys that were almost certainly wondering why the hell Jones was getting all those carries ahead of Charles last year. These kids see what happens to guys like Brian Waters when they're past the point of being productive football players. They know this front office cares about your production only.

And if the front office is putting a less productive older player in front of a more productive younger player, the young guys are more likely to resent the greybeard.

When Baldwin comes back, he'll come back the same as ever. If they liked him before this incident - they'll still like him. If they thought he was a dick beforehand - they'll still think he was a dick.

This isn't going to change anything.

DenverDanChiefsFan
08-19-2011, 12:20 PM

that does suckHuh?
Another report from Nick Wright and now it is all true?

Could it be true? Sure, but how often is Nick right.

BigMeatballDave

The next time he walks in he's going to be getting cold shoulders.LMAO drama queen, much?

MOhillbilly
6-8 weeks means he broke his wrist and has to have surgery. bet.

and how the **** do you know clay? ifs and buts, candy & nuts. Go back to WPI with that shit.

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2011, 12:21 PM
If this is true, this is awful. We'll see.

Marcellus
08-19-2011, 12:21 PM
LMAO drama queen, much?

Dude, you cannot doubt Claython's immense locker room experience. He knows what he is talking about. He was on the Chess Team in junior high.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Breaston's fantasy value just jumped.

booger
How can you make that assumption? How many locker rooms have you personally been a part of?

well there was that one time he showered with Gretz and Athan and snuck a peak in the ladies shower and saw Danyelle Sargeant semi nekked

Bewbies
Without Baldwin Matt Cassel has an excuse to suck again.....NOOOOOOOO

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Huh?
Another report from Nick Wright and now it is all true?

Could it be true? Sure, but how often is Nick right.

The report itself doesn't make much sense.

If it's 6-8, couldn't they PUP him? Even if it's 8, that's only 5 regular season weeks. Even if they make him sit through the bye to get completely healthy, doesn't that give him 9 games to get under his belt? Those would be huge for his development.

It just sounds like yammering speculation to me.

JD10367
08-19-2011, 12:25 PM

I'm not sure how common locker-room fights are. But I'd bet they're not as common as you seem to think. Especially between a starting-level running back and a first-round skill player.

Whether the blame falls on Baldwin or Jones, Haley needs to figure it out and punish the appropriate person ASAP. Having your own players injure each other in fights will get you nowhere fast.

Pawnmower
08-19-2011, 12:25 PM
He is likely "done for the preseason".....

How is this not going to hurt him and the team? I swear its like the zombie apocalypse only a herd of fuckign retards in beat up Croyle jerseys....

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-19-2011, 12:26 PM

Keary Colbert

SuperChief
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Jaycee Pearson's gonna eat this up on tonight's broadcast ROFLROFL

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
He is likely "done for the preseason".....

How is this not going to hurt him and the team? I swear its like the zombie apocalypse only a herd of fuckign retards in beat up Croyle jerseys....

Missing the time is absolutely going to hurt him, and it's not going to help the team either.

But to say it will ruin his lockerroom cred or that it's this damning indictment on his character or his ability to thrive in this league is just alarmist horseshit.

It's an injury that will set him back the same as a pulled hamstring would have. It's the missed playing time that hurts - that's it.

The rest is just noise.

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 12:28 PM

fvck he does.

Pawnmower
08-19-2011, 12:30 PM
But to say it will ruin his lockerroom cred or that it's this damning indictment on his character or his ability to thrive in this league is just alarmist horseshit.

The rest is just noise.

Well , it certainly isn't a great sign....And doesn't give him much margin for error. I don't know how anyone could say it wouldn't at least bring his character into question...The fights that generally get let go are ON the field. Off field fights...that's when you have questions of character IMO. I agree with you it isn't 'damning' but it puts a big question mark and certainly a microscope on the kid.

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 12:33 PM
if it werent for a possible long term injury this would be a non story.

-King-
And I was called a dumbass for believing the original report...
Posted via Mobile Device

Detoxing
if it werent for a possible long term injury this would be a non story.

Yep.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Just another reason to get rid of jones.

SuperChief
08-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Just another reason to get rid of jones.

How old are you?

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 12:41 PM
How old are you?

i like his avvy so you be nice ya son of a bitch.

;)

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 12:44 PM
And I was called a dumbass for believing the original report...
Posted via Mobile Device

3/4 of the original report remains unconfirmed.

So yeah, you're a dumbass for taking Nick Wright at face value.

NJChiefsFan
08-19-2011, 12:44 PM

Are you kidding me? I don't know if you are 15 or just blind to the world, but in todays media, especially with the internet, they need to grasp at straws to get attention. It doesn't matter whether the story was true, Nick Wright was not going to lose his job if it wasn't true. The thought wouldn't even be considered. I can't believe this comment.

As for the incident, I really don't worry about that locker room. The big issue here is the time he is going to miss and for why it happened. I really hope it was just tempers and not Jones losing it because Baldwin refuses to listen to the coaches or something. If it was the latter, I don't think Haley would have played him in the 1st game.

Up til this point I was getting the impression by his playing time week 1, the lack of incidents on the practice field ect., and even Baldwin's twitter comments, that he was in it to get better. Even if thats not true at some point Haley will get through to him. Just sucks he is hurt for a while, if its true. Thats the part that I don't like. Anyone that has been in a college locker room for sports, which is 90% less proffesional then a proffesional locker room, knows stuff like this gets fixed and the player gets back in the group fine if he WANTS part of the team. On a pro team, I don't see it as an issue at all. Somebody said people that liked him before still will and those that didn't still won't. Thats gonna be the case IMO. Those on the fence may be concerned now, but it is going to be Baldwin's desire to help the team and his ability that is going to define how his teammates view him, not this fight.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 12:45 PM
furious text messaging on the team right now:

Charles: OMG! Stude..wtf?!!1?

Stude: brb...crying about team's heart

Charles: brich, smh w got to have team sleepover tonite u in?

BRich: girl, who the hell he think he is THATS OUR HEART

Charles: we gone hug it out, bro ATTACK JONES ATTACK ME

BRich:lol...naw, I'm playing...Jones ass cut next year. Me and Pioli playing Wii ltr lmao

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-19-2011, 12:46 PM
bobfescoeBob Fescoe

Also hearing fight may have started because Baldwin talked back to Haley

The other dumbass from 610 jumps in

Count Zarth
08-19-2011, 12:47 PM
This is how bust stories begin....

Count Zarth
08-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Thomas Jones is one of Haley's favorite players ever....what's next...Baldwin goes out and finds Mike Brown and slugs him?

DJ's left nut
08-19-2011, 12:48 PM
If Baldwin talked back to Haley and Thomas Jones felt it appropriate to pick a fight, then fuck Thomas Jones. Todd Haley is the head coach and he'll manage the team as he sees fit. He doesn't need a brokedick runningback fighting wars for him.

But I guess someone needs to step into Varbel's shoes as the lockerroom snitch.

Oh wait - it's Gimp Fescoe.

Nevermind. That's almost certainly a steaming pile of crap.

Dayze
08-19-2011, 12:49 PM
If Baldwin talked back to Haley and Thomas Jones felt it appropriate to pick a fight, then **** Thomas Jones. Todd Haley is the head coach and he'll manage the team as he sees fit.

But I guess someone needs to step into Varbel's shoes as the lockerroom snitch.

Oh wait - it's Gimp Fescoe.

Nevermind. That's almost certainly a steaming pile of crap.

yup.

wazu
08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I would like to thank the OP for including in the thread title that Baldwin is a wide receiver. Thank you.

the Talking Can
08-19-2011, 12:51 PM
probably hate myself, but I'm going to tune into wright's show in 9...8...7...6...5..4...3...

Pestilence
08-19-2011, 12:52 PM
We should have just cut Thomas Jones.

Phobia
08-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Don't know the current CBA rules but could be an expensive fight - 4 games for conduct detrimental to the team... What's he make - $350k a game?

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Jon__BaldwinJon Baldwin

@abanksump have a nice day.

2 hours ago

Jon__BaldwinJon Baldwin

@abanksump think what you want my man god bless you.

3 hours agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Jon__BaldwinJon Baldwin

@abanksump wow dude seriously? Smh

3 hours ago

Count Zarth
08-19-2011, 12:54 PM
I'd be surprised now if Baldwin catches more than 20 passes for this team....I'd drop dead if he scores a TD....

Year is basically lost.

Zeke
08-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Jones shall now be referred to as "Mother****er Jones".

Demonpenz
08-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I always love when we draft no talent assclowns because they are steady hardworking players, they suck, then the guys with talent can't overcome stupid.

KC Hawks
08-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Jon__BaldwinJon Baldwin

@abanksump have a nice day.

2 hours ago

Jon__BaldwinJon Baldwin

@abanksump think what you want my man god bless you.

3 hours agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Jon__BaldwinJon Baldwin

@abanksump wow dude seriously? Smh

3 hours ago

Whew, at least he can tweet with that broken wrist.

Pestilence
It's not like he was going to come out and start opposite of Bowe in week 1. JFC.

DBOSHO

YES!

Iowanian

Thomas Jones is so tough, he broke a WR's hand with his Face.

WITH HIS FACE!

MOhillbilly
08-19-2011, 12:57 PM
We should have just cut Thomas Jones.

REPOST

SuperChief
08-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Those tweets are in referrence to some random dude asking Baldwin about what is giong down BEFORE the news broke about the fight.