PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I can't remember, when is the last time we even won a preseason game?

Bump
08-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Seriously, winning in preseason don't mean shit. Stop yo cryin and wait till we kickoff against the Bills to worry about anything. DMC looked like the shit tonight and we are going to be fucking good this season. I can't wait until the reg seasons starts!

and the hoooommmmeeee of the CHIEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSS!!!!

KCrockaholic
08-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Last year Vs Green Bay.

Bump
08-19-2011, 11:52 PM
oh, we got one last year? sweeeet

luv
08-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Seriously, winning in preseason don't mean shit. Stop yo cryin and wait till we kickoff against the Bills to worry about anything. DMC looked like the shit tonight and we are going to be fucking good this season. I can't wait until the reg seasons starts!

and the hoooommmmeeee of the CHIEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSS!!!!

This is the first post of yours I remember reading that wasn't full of negativity or douchiness. Good job!

Bump
08-20-2011, 12:05 AM
This is the first post of yours I remember reading that wasn't full of negativity or douchiness. Good job!

keg in kc
08-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Holthus said during the game (this was literally seconds before the game turned in the mid-4th, when they were still up 13-10; thanks Mitch for that karma bomb...) that they hadn't won a preseason road game since 2003.

Whether that's true or not, I don't know. I don't feel like digging through 7 years of schedules to find out...

luv
08-20-2011, 12:12 AM

CHEERS!

dannybcaitlyn
08-20-2011, 08:48 AM
I know its not the real deal but winning breeds confidence. I would be more enthusiastic about the season if we were playing more like the patriots right now. I don't know of any teams who looked like complete crap during the preseason and then end up winning the superbowl.

Fish
08-20-2011, 08:52 AM
I heard yesterday that Haley is 1-10 in the preseason....

Reerun_KC
08-20-2011, 08:56 AM
I heard yesterday that Haley is 1-10 in the preseason....:hmmm:

Nothing about preseason in enjoyable... The practices they broadcast suck... The media sucks in coverage...

Acutally until the real games start, its all pretty much suck...

Reerun_KC
08-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Actually I cant remember when anyone really cared if the Chiefs won a preseason game...

dannybcaitlyn
08-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Actually I cant remember when anyone really cared if the Chiefs won a preseason game...

Some seasons I've had second thoughts about ordering sunday ticket because of the performances of our preseason. I usually give in and order it though.

mnchiefsguy
08-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Frank Gansz had a great preseason record as Head Coach....look how that turned out.

Gonzo
08-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Didn't Spurier go undefeated in the preseason his 1st year with the Skins and run up the score on a couple games???
We all know how that turned out, huh?
Chill the fuck out. The game didn't really matter much to anyone after the 2nd quarter anyway.
All they are doing in the 4th is looking for a diamond in the rough to get on the 2nd team roster for the next game and see if he's got what it takes to play with the big boys. If our roster was dependent on how these practice team players performed, I'd be worried. The 1st team looked really pretty good last night.
BTW...
McCluster is going to pwn if he stays healthy this year. Hey Fantasy dorks, put him somewhere on your roster. He'll be good for 7-10 TD's this year between receiving, rushing and special teams.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
08-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Actually I cant remember when anyone really cared if the Chiefs won a preseason game...Probably last year. And the year before. And the year before that.

There's always gloom-and-doomage when they don't have a winning record in the preseason.

Marcellus
08-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I know its not the real deal but winning breeds confidence. I would be more enthusiastic about the season if we were playing more like the patriots right now. I don't know of any teams who looked like complete crap during the preseason and then end up winning the superbowl.

Actually there is zero correlation between preseason records and SB winners. I have heard that about 10x this week on ESPN radio.

They said you can't tie one to the other period.

KurtCobain
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks. :D

Seriously, winning in preseason doesn't mean shit. Stop your cryin' and wait till we kickoff against the Bills to worry about anything. DMC looked like the shit tonight and we are going to be fucking good this season. I can't wait until the regular seasons starts!

fyp

ForeverChiefs58
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
"The last time the Kansas City Chiefs won a preseason game, their coach was Herm Edwards and their president was George W. Bush.

The Chiefs are, in fact, the only team in the NFL without a single preseason win since 2008."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=5509917

Dave Lane
08-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Umm they won the next game. Just sayin

Reerun_KC
08-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Some seasons I've had second thoughts about ordering sunday ticket because of the performances of our preseason. I usually give in and order it though.

I dont base ordering NFLST on preseason.

KC could go 0-4 every year, never thought winning practice meant much anyways..